The Myth Of The Winter's Child

נכתב על ידי EmilyWest04

Bucky X Daughter Cassidy Gray is an unlucky child. Her Mama is sick and a monster of a father is abusive. Th... עוד

FOR YOU
ACTS
Prologue
Act 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Act 2
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Act 3
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Act 4
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Act 5
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
ACT 6
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 26

1K 31 3
נכתב על ידי EmilyWest04

2014

The soldier was sitting in the chair with Cassidy in his lab. There was a scientist beside him fixing his arm. Sparks was jumping and flying off the soldier's arm, he sat perfectly still looking into the wall in front of him, Cassidy was sitting tugged under his chin.

Cassidy closed her eyes, images appeared of a man she had never seen before. He had round glasses sitting on the bridge on his nose. His lips were moving but she couldn't hear what he was saying, it was foggy around him. It was only the man in focus.

Everything went dark and she could hear Steve yell "Bucky no!" an arm was reaching for her but she couldn't reach it. It was too far away from her. She had the feeling she was falling, shivers crawled up her spine. She grasped when the soldier hit the scientist and flew across the room.

His human arm was crushing Cassidy. The soldier twitched, his whole body was on fire. Cassidy clawed at his hand trying to get away, she felt trapped. She whined and tears slipped down her rosy cheeks. Guns were pointed at them, but Cassidy was too focused on trying to get out that she didn't notice.

Pierce walked over to them, he grabbed a chair and sat in front of the soldier. "Soldier let her go" Pierce ordered, watching the little girl struggle to pull her out from underneath the soldier's arm. The soldier lifted his arm slowly and Cassidy crawled down the chair and took a deep breath.

"Mission report now" Pierce ordered, the soldier didn't react to what he was saying. He kept seeing the man on the bridge, his voice, the eyes and the hair. It all reminded him of something but he couldn't remember what. It frustrated him.

Pierce slapped him across his face, the sound of the slap echoed in the room. Cassidy was breathing deeply, finally feeling her lungs getting filled with air. "Mission report now" Pierce raised his voice. It seemed to finally snap the soldier out "The man of the bridge. Who was he?" Cassidy almost gasped when she heard him asking a question.

He had never done that. Always answering the question to perfection, always going to extreme length to satisfy his handlers.

"You met him earlier this week. On a different mission" Pierce started to get nervous, if he is starting to remember it would be crucial for the future of HYDRA.

"I knew him" The soldier sounded so unsure of himself, but he knew he had seen that face before. But maybe his handler is right, maybe he just saw him from a past mission and never knew him.

"Your work has been a gift to mankind. You two have shaped the century, and I need the both of you to do it one more time. Society if at a tipping point between order and chaos. And tomorrow we're going to give it a push. But if you don't do your part I can't do mine" Pierce stood up and looked over to Cassidy " And you my sweet girl, have helped me see a clear picture of what this can become. You probably know who I am now, I have changed since you saw me last. But you have helped other leaders of this organization to see a clear picture and what can become of it"

"But I knew him" The soldier smiled sadly, he didn't want to help anymore, but he knew he had to. Cassidy shivered. She remembers him now, she helped create Pierce into who he is today.

"Prep him. He has been out of cryo freeze for too long" The soldier had a heartbreaking expression on his face when he heard the two words. Cassidy was quick to run over to him and hold onto his legs as if some sort of support.

--

"He is gonna be there you know" Sam approached Steve on the bridge where they were hiding until their mission "I know" Steve signed, Bucky didn't look like himself, all life was taken out of him, his eyes were hollow. There was nothing of the Bucky he knew left, but when he said his name the blue in his eyes lit up slightly. He knew the word. Steve knew he could save him, he had to save him and that little girl.

"Look whoever he used to be and the guy now. I don't think he is the kind you save, it's the kind you stop. And the girl is too dangerous, but she looks innocent" Sam told Steve. Sam couldn't see the point of saving a killer, they both tried to kill them.

"I don't know if I can do that" Steve already had a plan to save them both. He knew he had to fight his best friend at the helicarrier. He knew by the look of the little girl that she followed Bucky where he went.

--

Cassidy followed the soldier onto the helicarrier, the sound of shots rapidly being fired indicated that they were already on the ship. A chill went down her spine of the thought of her papa killing his best friend, because he couldn't remember him. She knew he would do everything in his power to kill him and Cassidy knew she had to stop him.

The soldier walked and shot grenades at the last planes making sure nobody was going to interfere with his mission, he left one plane. Cassidy ran after him trying to keep up with him. The soldier grabbed Cassidy and threw her over his shoulder, Cassidy held onto his shoulders and he jumped onto the plane and shot the pilot in the head before breaking the glass. The soldier placed Cassidy beside him and strapped her in, making sure she was secure before he took off.

The soldier saw a flash of blue and started to run towards them leaving Cassidy behind in the plane. Cassidy reached down to try and get out of the strappes but she couldn't get out of them. She saw her papa flip and shot at his targets, fear overwhelmed her when she struggled with the tight belt across her stomach and over her shoulders.

"The girl isn't here" Steve yelled at Sam while defending himself against his best friend, but he was knocked over. "I'll find her" He was about to take off before the soldier grabbed his wing and broke it with his knee and threw him off the helicarrier.

Steve looked to see Sam getting thrown off, and took the opportunity and run down and put the last chip in the ship. While he ran, he saw the little girl struggle inside one of the planes, tears were running down her cheeks and it looked like she was about to scream.

Steve ran over to her and threw open the door, ripping it off the hinges. Cassidy looked wide eyed at Captain America, his blue eyes softened when he reached out for the belt across her stomach. Cassidy stopped and took a deep breath when he ripped it off, he reached up to the once on her shoulders and ripped them off.

"There you go," He whispered and gave her a smile. He reached his arm out for her to take, Cassidy looked at it "It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you" He smiled again, his voice soft. Cassidy grabbed it and he carefully helped her out and held her hand "Come on, little one" He reached down to pick her up. Cassidy didn't try to run away from him, she trusted him.

"He is going to kill you" Cassidy whispered "I know" Steve responded looking at her while he ran inside of the helicarrier "I can stop him" she told him. Cassidy held onto him tighter, when he ran down some flight of stairs. "Don't" Steve opened a door and a bridge appeared with a control panel in the center and the soldier standing in front of it.

Fury and written in the soldiers eyes, he looked at Cassidy then Steve and back at her. Steve got the que and slowly placed her down on the ground. The soldier looked at her once, and Cassidy ran over to him, he lifted his arm up a bit and she ran to his side.

"She has nothing to do with it," Steve said. The soldier pushed her behind him "You touched what's mine" The soldier growled "Please don't make me do this" Tears swell in Steve's eyes. The soldier aimed his gun at Steve and fired but Steve was fast to use his shield to deflect the bullet. Cassidy ran over behind some of the rails to get out of the way from them fighting.

Steve threw the soldier across the bridge, the soldier grabbed his knife. Steve managed to push him away to write the code in the panel to place the chip in but before he could place the chip in the soldier came at him again.

The soldier threw himself at Steve and threw them both off the bridge and down onto the glass below. Cassidy looked over the railing, and back where she saw the chip that was over at the panel. Steve had dropped it when he was thrown over. She ran over the bridge and grabbed it "Please put it in!" Steve screamed at her, taking the soldiers' fists again and again getting more bloody. "Нет!" the soldier screamed at her

"No!"

Cassidy looked down and saw the soldier was looking at her, still throwing punches at Steve. Cassidy turned over to the chip and looked at it, she knew she had to put it in. Her mother would have wanted her to, but she was just a blurred picture in her mind now. She also knew that if she did, she would probably be killed by her handler or get a punishment so she wished she was.

Cassidy ran over to the panel and was about to place it in before she felt a sharp pain in her leg. She screamed and dropped the chip on the ground, the soldier was holding a gun pointing at her. The soldier ran over and climbed the railing to get up to her. Cassidys gunshot wound healed in seconds before she grabbed it again and stumbled over and placed it in.

Steve laid on the ground blood smeared over his face watching Bucky shot his own daughter in her leg "Charlie lock" Steve moaned in pain. "Fire now" Steve said "But Steve.." "Fire now!" He screamed.

The hellicaries got shot and the soldier fell down and the metal railing fell on top of him. Steve hurried over to him and tried to lift it up. Cassidy got hit by the blast of the explosion and fell down onto the glass causing it to crack, and the impact of the fall made her black out. The glass behind her had broken to pieces. The helicarrier started to fall from the sky and Cassidy slowly started to glide across the slippery glass.

"Your name is James Bucanen Barnes" Steve grunted in pain, he didn't fight back or tried to block the attacks the soldier hit him with. "Shut up!" The soldier screamed and kept hitting Steve. "I can help you, please. Look, your girl is knocked out, let me help you!" Steve screamed, that got the soldiers attention and scanned the glass floor and saw Cassidy laying half out over the broken glass, he knew if he didn't get to her she would fall into the water below. He grunted and knocked Steve over and kept attacking him punching in the face over and over again. The soldier screamed in pain and anger. "I'm with you to the end of the line" Steve whispered and closed his eyes, he knew the soldier would kill him and that was his last attempt to try and get his best friend back.

Tears slipped down Steve's cheeks. The soldier was about to give the last punch to his face and run for Cassidy but he stopped mid air, when he heard the sentence. Flashes of a small blond guy with blue eyes saying that sentence and himself saying it on repart played in his mind. He knew his man in front of him, lying bloody and half dead, he could feel a warm feeling in the pit of his stomach. It felt good.

The soldier stood up letting Steve fall into the water, he knew he would survive but not Cassidy. He ran over to her, and as he was about to grab her but she slipped and fell down. Panic spreaded across his body and he didn't think twice before he jumped after her.

He reached his human hand out to try and grab her, she was just close enough for him to grab a hold of her hand. He turned himself around so he was facing the water, he looked to his left and saw Steve falling. He wrapped both of his arms around her and hugged her to his chest until they hit the water.

The soldier held Cassidy close to his chest feeling dread and disappointment. A headache started to form in the back of his head when he thought of the man he was dragging by his collar. 'Steve' the name sounded good in his mouth and mind, it felt like he had said it many times in many different tones.

He layed Steve on the ground and Cassidy beside him, he was careful with her. He saw where her clothes had torn and a small round pink scar. Tears started to form in the corner of his eye, and the sight of her knocked out with blood on her face didn't make it better.

Cassidy groaned and opened her eyes, her body felt sore and cold. She sat slowly up to see the river in front of her and Steve beside her. Panic spread across her face when she couldn't see her papa. "Papa!" She screamed and stood up and looked around confused. He was nowhere to be seen, he couldn't just have left her here. Tears rolled down her cheeks when she screamed his name and he wasn't there.

He wouldn't leave her here, he wouldn't just abandon her. Her body started to shake because of the cold air. She was soaked from top to toe.

Steve coughed and rolled over on his side and puked water and his breakfast up, he groaned and rolled over on his back again. He closed his eyes from exhaustion before he heard whimpering beside him. His head rolled towards the sound, and beside him sat the little girl, she was hugging her knees and her body was shaking.

She was crying and struggled to breathe, "Hey" he whispered. Cassidy turned away from him, she knew she could trust him, and that is probably why her papa left her here with him. But her heart was broken into a million more pieces, she thought he was the only person in this world who wouldn't leave her. But she was wrong, all people would leave in the end.

Steve reached out his hand and touched her ankle. "I'm not going to let anyone hurt you, I promise" Steve whispered and coughed. Cassidy turned around "Promise" She whispered her blue eyes looking scared into his eyes "I don't want to go back" She started to cry again. Steve sat up slowly using all his strength "I promise little one" He opened his arms for her and she crawled up into his arms. He was just as cold as she was but she didn't care.

She placed her arms on his chest and closed her eyes focusing on the bright light in her mind. Steves started to notice the cuts on his hands started to fade and pain disappeared. He looked down at the girl in his arms and felt her warm hand on his chest. She wasn't only able to cause harm but also good to people.

He tightened his arms around her "You didn't have to do that '' He whispered, Cassidy crawled further up in his lab, because he was starting to get warm "I know. I used to do that to papa" She told him with tears in her eyes.

"I'll find him I promise" The sound of a helicopter almost drowned out his voice...

A/N: I cut out a lot of the fight screens and added some monologue 

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

306K 7.8K 29
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be the daughter of a member of the Avengers? Never in your whole life did you think that you would le...
6.3K 150 19
*** ON HOLD FOR A WHILE *** You are Y/N Stark, daughter of one of the most famous and rich men in the world: Tony Stark. After taking a break for a y...
31.9K 607 41
𝐁𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐱 𝐎𝐂 Cameron Stark is Tony's daughter, he always thought that she was dead after she was kidnapped when at the age of 4, b...
14.6K 379 40
Natasha thinks she's lost all her hope. Alone in the red room she feels like a no one, like no one needs her. That's until she meets a little girl...