Chapter 19

1991

Everything was cold, when the two were on the soldiers bike. Cassidy knew it was winter, and last time she was taken out it was hotter, so maybe it had only been a few months since the last time. Her nose and fingers slowly started to get numb when she held onto the bike.

It gave her flashbacks from the first time she was on his bike, when he took her. How he held her down so she wouldn't fall off, and how she cried and begged for her mama.

Suddenly the soldier took a turn onto a different route and there was a car in front of them. The car looked different from the last time they were on a mission, it looked more advanced and better.

The soldier speded up the side of the car and leaned on the bike making Cassidy grip tighter onto it.

He slashed the tire, and the car ran into a tree. The soldier turned the bike around quickly before driving down the road slowly to the smoking car. A fire had started in the front of the car. When the soldier got to the car he kicked down the kickstand and got off the bike and walked over to the trunk.

Meanwhile Cassidy jumped off and walked over to the side of the car, the car door was ruined and hung off. Cassidy heard gasps, and whispers from the side of the car. She slowly walked over to the door, she looked behind her quickly to see her papa put a case onto the bike. When she got to the side of the car, a woman sat there "Howard" she whispered "I'm okay" the man answered and took a hold of the womens face to make sure she was okay "I'm okay" she nodded and sniffeld.

Suddenly the man got ripped out of the car and the women screamed. Cassidy flinched, she could see her papas hand go up and down the sound of breaking bones.

The soldier had ripped the elder man out of his car and started to punch him in the face. When the man got a look at his face he gasped "Sergeant Barnes?" the soldier stopped mid air with his punch, something inside of him pushed. But something screamed at him not to let it win, that something would go wrong if he did.

The soldier grunted as he threw his punches harder into the man's face. The soldier broke his skull and blood poured out of his nose, ears and eyes. The man was unrecognizable, the soldier dragged him over to the car again. The woman inside was crying and screaming.

Cassidy flinched back again when the women started to scream and cry, she understood why. It was never a pretty sight to watch someone you love getting killed in front of you. Cassidy stood by the side of the door and almost fell back in chok. The blond hair and pale skin.

It was her mama.

"Mama?" Cassidy couldn't help but smile and run to the car and the women inside. The woman turned and saw the small girl, the girl threw her skinny arms around her waist and hugged her tightly. Cassidy couldn't stop herself from crying, "Mama" she whispered. The woman was clueless and pried her arms off of her. "I-I'm not your mom" she held her arms and looked into the girls eyes.

Cassidy studied her face, the wrinkles she looked old. But it looked like her, but nothing in her eyes felt familiar. "Nooo" she sobbed, she was gone her mama. She fell limb into the woman's arms, "Shh okay my child" she brushed the back of her head.

"Кэссиди" His raspy voice came from behind her. She knew what was about to happen and so did the women in the car. Cassidy held tighter onto her, her throat closed up and she sobbed violently into the womens chest.

"Cassidy"

"Нет, папа, пожалуйста" She begged and turned her face to look at him still holding on to her. His jaw clenched, his hands curled up into fists. He moved his head to the side gesturing her to go.