Chapter 32

1 year later

Cassidy had been sneaking out of the apartment a lot, she always took Alpine with her. She had grown a lot since Cassidy found her, she wasn't small anymore she had grown big and fluffy with her crystal blue eyes still as blue. Bucky had grown to love her, he would always lay with her in the bed after dinner and read to her and Cassidy. Alpine would snuggle up on Bucky's chest and pur, it had helped him with his nightmares a lot to have them both with him.

Alpine still has a lot of energy and Cassidy found it easy to take her outside to cool off, she would always be beside Cassidy when they walked the city. Cassidy had been careful to not show her face when she was out and always kept her head down.

Bucky knew she was sneaking out of the apartment when he wasn't home. But he never said anything because he knew he wouldn't be able to lock her up in the apartment forever. She is more mature from someone who is 8, and she wasn't stupid. Far from it, they would use sometime after dinner to practice self defense and she was good, really good. And from what he had seen her do in math, biology, and so on she was far from stupid.

He thought about what Steve would have thought when he would see her now. She had grown and matured a lot since her days in HYDRA. He would have loved to stay with Steve but he knew he would only put him and his friends in danger. But he also knew he was looking for them especially since Bucky took Cassidy from him that day in his apartment.

He did leave a note in the kitchen saying it wasn't HYDRA and that was it. But Bucky was proud of Cassidy and her ability to take care of a cat in her age, sure Bucky would take care of the food and buy it for her but everything else was her.

Cassidy walked down the streets and she looked down beside her to see Alpine walking beside her. They rounded a corner and walked to Tineretului Park, a beautiful park that Cassidy discovered a few weeks back. It was almost an hour walk from the apartment. There was a big beautiful lake and an amusement park and a playground. Families and friends were filling the park.

"Free" Cassidy said and smiled when Alpine ran for the trees, she used her claws and climbed the tree. Alpine loved to climb the trees and jump from one to another, but she would always stay near Cassidy. Cassidy walked over under a tree and sat down getting away from the bright sun. She took off her backpack and took out a book and started to read.

It was Peter Pan, she had always loved fairy tales since before her papa took her. Bucky found it when he was out shopping, he bought it because he knew Cassidy would love it. And she did, she is almost done with it.

But she also had to take a trip into a few stores on the way home because it was Bucky's birthday, she had remembered his birthday since they were in the museum back in the states. She had thought about what to give him and she knew he was also big on reading. She looked out on the lake and tried to remember what book he was always talking about but never could find.

Alpine came running over to her and laid down beside her out of breath. She meowed and Cassidy started to pet her, she reached into her bag and found a bottle of water and a small bowel and poured half of it up into the bowel. Cassidy started to drink it "Thirsty huh" She laughed and took a sip from the bottle, it wasn't cold anymore but she didn't care. Few hours went by and it was almost 3 pm and Cassidy decided to walk back towards the apartment.

"Come" Alpine ran up to her side and they made their way out. On The whole way to the store Alpine wouldn't stop meowing, and Cassidy knew she wanted to be carried so she stopped and took off her backpack and took Alpine and placed her inside and zipped it up so only her head was sticking out.

Cassidy walked into the grocery store and walked over to the cake and baking section and looked for something cheap. She had stolen some money from Bucky, and she hoped he wouldn't get mad when he saw what she spent them on. She found some premade cupcakes with a little package of 6 inside. It looked very sweet and Bucky had a sweet tooth, and so did she herself. She took it and went up to the cashier.