Chapter 34

2016

Steve was led inside the bus that was supposed to drive them to a base where Bucky was gonna get detained and questioned. Steve sat beside Cassidy keeping her close, she took off her backpack and dried her nose and opened it up. "You have grown so much" Steve said, he had been concerned ever since he got home and she wasn't here. He found the note and he knew Bucky had taken her, and he could see how close the two were. Cassidy took out Alpine and placed her in her lab and petted her soft fur calming her down. "You have a cat" Sam says behind her "Yeah I found her" Cassidy smiled.

"So you like cats?" Sam questioned the man in the cat suit "Sam'' Steve warned "What, the dude is dressed up like a cat, you don't wanna know?" T'challa was looking at the little girl with her cat. "Your suit, it's vibranium?" Steve asked "The black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantel passed from warrior to warrior. And now that your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of a king. So, I ask you as both warrior and king. How long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" T'challa was ready to do whatever it took to get revenge on the man that killed his father.

Cassidy listened to the man speaking ill of her father "He is my father, do you wanna make me an orphan?" She questioned him looking into his eyes "I have a deputy to my country. I'm sorry but he took my father away, as their king I have a responsibility and I will stop him. Whatever is necessary"

"But we didn't do anything, we were just trying to survive" Cassidy's eyes started to blure from the tears "And I'm sorry for what happened to you my child but your father is a murderer and needs to be stopped" T'challa was sorry for what the girl had been through but he needed to stop the man he needed to kill him. "We were forced to do stuff but we never did that I promise you that" Cassidy said as tears slipped down her cheeks.

"I do not believe you. You are an extraordinary child. I can see that, everyone can but there is evidence that your father was there". Steve wrapped his arm around Cassidy and she leaned into him "Don't worry princess" He kissed the top of his head "I'll fix it I promise" Cassidy nodded and looked outside of the window, she couldn't convince the king of his innocence then she would do what they are best at. Run.

When they arrived Cassidy held Alpine close to her chest and Steve had his hand on her shoulder. Cassidy looked around and saw her Papa, she was about to run for him but Steve stopped. ''Don't worry you will see him soon I promise" Steve smiled. Two guards came over to her and tried to grab Alpine from her arms, she looked at them and squeezed her eyes a little "Whoa hey it's fine guys it's just a cat" Sam came and interrupted he could see it was about to go down between her and the guards. "No pets allowed" The guard said to Sam ''Well you have detained the Winter Soldier and his child do you think she would just let you take it'' Sam knew what she could do he experienced it first hand and it still gives him nightmares about how real it feelt.  The guards looked at her and raised a brow Cassidy held onto Alpine and starred into there eyes.

"Hey what's going on?" Steve came over "These men was about to take her cat" Sam pointed at the two guards "Well it's fine it's just a cat" Steve grabbed Cassidy's shoulder and led her away from them.

"What's gonna happen to him?" Steve asked the man with gray hair, and beside him there was a woman with long blond hair and three guards behind them "The same thing that's about to happen to you, a psychological evaluation and extraction. And there are no pets allowed here" Agent Ross looked down at the little girl with her cat "It's just a cat" Sam rolled his eyes not understanding the no pets rule.

"This is Everett Ross Deputy Task Force Commander" Sharon introduced him "What about a lawyer?" Steve asked " A lawyer that's funny" Cassidy looked between them she didn't know what a lawyer was and how that's supposed to help. "See their weapons are placed in lockup. We will write you a receipt" Guards were walked by them with Steve's shield and Sam's wings.