Chapter 24

2014

Steve and Nats Pov

Steve stood by the glass window looking inside to see one of his friends. Rage and anger filled him, he wanted revenge. But he couldn't shake the thought of the little girl by the man with the mask, what is a little girl doing with a murderer?.

Suddenly the doors flew open and Natasha walked in "Is he gonna make it? '' She swallowed thickly while the surgeon was operating on him, the tube that helped him breath made Natasha speechless. He was the man that gave her a second chance when Clint took her in, if he doesn't make it what's she's supposed to do?

"I don't know" Steve sounded deffeded. The man with the mask was too strong to be a normal human being and he had seen some weird stuff since coming out of the ice but a metal arm might just top it.

"Tell me about the shooter"

"He is fast, strong, has a metal arm and a child following him. A little girl" Steve whispered the last part, he couldn't believe it. He felt the need to save her, the blue doey eyes begging him to release her from the prison. He didn't fail to notice that the hair was almost white, she had probably been kept out of sunlight for a very long time.

Natasha froze when she heard about the shooter, she knew who it was and they were never going to find them. She tried all those years ago, and she faintly remembers her teenage years, a girl, the dancing and combat training.

"Ballistics" Natasha wanted to throw up the flashbacks of him shooting her and the little girl saving her life. "No slugs, no rifling, completely untraceable" Maria started looking at her dear friend.

"Soviet-made '' Natasha whispered it was just like the last time and her time in the red room, did they have a connection. Did the red room control The Winter Soldier? They couldn't be she stopped the red room, but what if she didn't?

"Yeah" Maria turned her head to look at Natasha. The sound of a long beep echoed through the surgical room, he flatlined. He died, Nick Fury died of a murderer they would never find.

"Don't do this to me Nick, don't do this' ' Natasha whispered, watching the doctors trying to save him.

Steve turned around to leave when the doctors called it, Natasha held back her tears and Maria was watching in disbelief.

Natasha stood in front of Nick, they had cleaned him up from the blood and had a white sheet covering him so you could just see his upper chest and face. Her arms were crossed, she knew she had to find them. Save the girl and kill the murderer who shoot her friend.

"I need to take him" Maria came up to Steve. Steve stood behind Natasha up against the wall watching his dead friend from afar. He knew the flash drive that was in his hand had something to do with death. He couldn't trust anyone, that's what he told him before he died.

Steve walked up to Natasha and she knew it was time to say goodbye. She placed her hand on his head, wishing him the best in the afterlife. She turend around and stormed out of the room, the guilt and sadness turned into rage. "Natasha!" Steve called after her.

"Why was Fury in your apartment?" Natasha snapped "I don't know" Stve looked away and signed before looking at Natasha again "Cap they want you back at Shield" Rumlow said "Yeah give me a second" "They want you now" Rumlow insisted "Okay"

"You are a terrible liar" Natasha smirked, she looked right through him. He knew something and she is going to find out what it was.

Steve looked around and he knew he had to hide the drive, he couldn't take it back to shield. The vending machine was right beside him, he slipped it in behind the gum when the man that refiled it turned away.