Future is Soon

By lifeless_fan

The 50 year mark of daily fights between red and blu is marked by the sudden vanish of blu...after time passe... More

heads up
1
2
3
5
6
7
8(not 100% necesery)
9
10
11(filler)
12(filler)
13(filler)
14(filler)
15
QnA
16(filler)
17(filler)
18(filler)
19
20
21
22(filler)

4

98 3 6
By lifeless_fan

During the next week, the team had been switching up, some stayed in their preferred corners like medic, or switched it up. Demo finally walked up to engineer and the two worked on something.

Sniper had mostly stuck around the training area or looked out the window to the city. Even eventually picking up Hanzo's bow and tested it.

Spy had been wandering around, gathering more information, if he couldn't force it out by pain, he would also befriend the one with the power to give the info to him.

He would always keep to himself but if there was something urgent then he would tell his team.

This had ended multiple times with either medic or scout scolding him for getting this fragile info...it all ended well...a hug between teammates was always appreciated.

Soon, the trio who had been sent out had arrived, Zarya and heavy headed off for more talks and now only talked in Russian to one another, the others were left blank on what they said but medic knew heavy would say if something was bothering him.

By the end of the week, Winston had finally walked up to the team during breakfast and asked about the trip to their base.

-Demoman has said that he would like to head to the base to grab his weapons, who wants to follow.

Everyone puts their hands up and it's met with slight giggles from around the cafeteria...all laughing at something that the team just didn't understand...

-alright, I will set up transport trucks to get you there and then your stuff back.

The day passed quickly, soon the same speakers bleared their command during dinner

- the new group of 9, head to the front doors. the rest can head for food.

Each in their individual sections got up to head to the desired location. Solder had been hanging around the training room's highest spots, soon realising he would get his rocket jumper and could finally rocket jump. Jumping down and running to the door, he was happy to meet his team on the way.

Scout had been chatting with tracer and when he heard the go-ahead, he quickly turned to the girl and smiled widely

-I am finally getting my stuff!! See you soon!!
-byeee

Scout ran off to the front doors, once he gets his bonk, he could finally relax and finally run full speed like he always loved.

Heavy had been relaxing with Zarya in her room, the two talking about their lives and what they want to do with it...a talk that could really could go on forever but once the call for his team was heard behind the door, begrudgingly, heavy had to get up.

- can I come with?
- sure, it's a trip for us so he should allow you to come.
- thanks Misha

As the two got up and made their way, they were the second to last to finally arrive.

Winston had seen Zarya and she nodded with a smile in response, she was allowed to come with the group

Soon medic runs in with his small bird following behind, stopping abruptly, the bird carries on to heavys head. That was his second favourite spot and one he was happy to go to any time during a fight or when he wasn't feeling well.

- hi Archimedes, how doctor treating you?

As the small bird snuggles into his hair, medic huffs to regain some air.

-lucky bird...has flight...anyway, are we all here?
-Yea you were the last one doc
-alright

Winston takes the team of 9, plus 1, to the 2 trucks outside.

-you will be seated in one while the other will be in case you have extra stuff. Make yourself comfortable.

the team all head to one, piling in and sitting in the hard metal box. They don't fear anything right now and trust Winston and the truck driver.

Winston chucks in a flashlight for the guys so they aren't in complete darkness. spy takes it and drags himself to the corner, turning the flashlight on when the doors close, shining it for everyone to be able to see.

There is a moment of silence as they listen for the truck to start up, listening to the ground beneath them change.

- did we end up introducing ourselves to you?
-non, we never did and I never told her of you.
-well maybe we should huh?
- Yes, that would be preferable.

zarya attention is drawn away from the Russian next to him and instead to each member introducing themselves.

The light is focused on each as they speak and explain themselves.

The bird hangs around medic and he also gets a small introduction from the medic who had been cuddling him.

Soon the talk diverges and the group of 10 starts talking amongst themself, sometimes Zarya is asked a question while other times have been completely forgotten about by everyone besides heavy.

The two start once again talking to one another about their lives and what they wish to do.

Before anyone knew it, the truck stopped and the doors opened. Everyone covers their eyes but soon get used to the sudden sun and start slowly climbing out.

The familiar surrounding hit them all like a brick and they all take a breath of the fresh air...

Even heavy beside Zarya had closed his eyes for a calming breath.

-is it that calming?
-considering this is where we worked for a good portion of our time under the administrator...this place is..special...

Scout is the first to take a step forward, soon turning to a run as he quickly bolts to the front doors.

- see you knuckleheads!!!

At this, the team all unanimously groan, but suck it up and head forward to their base and to where scout ran off to.

As they all enter, a wave of nostalgia hits them all...

A sense of love and brotherhood makes them all giddy and happy.

even if the place is run down, the walls and ceiling the same, they are willing to take anything...it's enough for the mood of the group to change

(The vibe as they grab their stuff...I will say when it ends)

The group slowly split up, somehow still amazed and happy to be back.

Medic had gone with engineer to help with his blueprints and god knows what else. Medic had offered Engi use a crate to place all his papers in. Then if there is extra space then couple unfinished contraptions. The rest could be carried by hand.

The Engi had then done just that. Using a health kit crate, he placed all his stuff in there, even having enough space to place a couple of weapons. He had then picked up a couple extra stuff and pocketed them, soon finding an old bag and using that for the final bits and bobs.

The pyro had followed the spy to his smoking room, mostly to give back the lighter from a week ago but also to see the fireplace.

He would be coming back and he knew it, but considering these rooms were sacred, he was planning on locking them so they wouldn't be disturbed

For now, he would enjoy the silk he couldn't feel and the pretty handmade fireplace.

The two had a small talk that didn't last long and ended with silence but with such contempt silence, words not needed.

Spy had been taking some of the valuable books and drinks with him. The expensive cigarettes were stashed in his pockets and everything else that had any sort of value to them were pocketed and bagged. He would be grabbing his weapons once he found his bag where to store them

Demo had met scout on his way back from the trucks. He had just dropped off all his bats and was now on his way for the guns, planning on pocketing a couple small things with an over-the-shoulder bag he found In his room.

The two made their way to their rooms to pick up the bags and small things. Archimedes had flown in when they were about to enter, both had to stop to stroke the cute bird, his soft feathers and friendly nature with everyone had made him loved by all.

Soon he spreads his wings and flys off, through the hallway and between the cracks in the walls that had manifested in the years the building had gone untouched

He flew up a set of stairs and soon came to a tight spot. He pulled both his wings close for a spin, soon passing to the other side and being met with a rocket-jumping shoulder, a happy smile on his face as he kept floating up, soon pulling his base jumper and slowly gliding down.

Sniper had been on top of the building, his nest had been there and along with mountains of piss jars, he held his guns in crates.

Almost disregarding the care he put into them, he picked up each weapon and balanced them all as he made his way down and to the truck, then decided to come back up once he had dropped all the good stuff off.

Once he did, the sun had set a fair bit...making him rest his arms on the balcony and rest his head in a hand, slowly tapping at his face in appreciation.

As heavy talks to Zarya and explained everything that had ever happened in these walls, he hears a shout from engineer, calling him.

Going over to check what was wrong, it turns out engineer just needed help carrying the massive crate with his stuff.

Heavy happily obliges and carries the crate down the hallway to the doors.

He is quickly slowed down when he hears rapid footsteps, soon turning and barely dodging a scout and medic fast on his tail.

After a quick smile, heavy soon drops the crate and the small bag of sentimental items at the truck... finally going back for his massive guns and the surplus of hand accessories.

Medic huffs and enters the medical room for the 3rd time and finally picks up what he needed. The 3 other mediguns and his extra tools, maybe his birds stuff too while he was at it.

Seeing the fridge where his organs and the spy head had been located...he slowly approached, soon having a look inside only to see and hear the spy head breathing so slowly and deeply...

Maybe it was finally time for his death.

Soon the room is clear of all residual items and all spirits put to rest. He smiles slightly before heading out, closing the door and holding his hand over the cross for a second or two.

After heading to the trucks and dropping all his stuff off, he walks back to check up on the others.

The sun was barely above the horizon and if he was correct, he had finished quite early. Seeing demo on a deck chair with a bottle in his hand by his side and pyro with crossed legs, both looking out to the lowering sun, it made him approach and sit down on a rock close by, also admiring the setting.

Asking if they finished, he was met with both nodding...looking back to the lowering sun, he hadn't expected an eagle screech to draw his attention to an amazing site.

Soldier had somehow managed to rocket jump up with sniper in his arms at the highest point of the base, soon they started falling but the base jumper had slowed the fall allowing them maximum air time.

A shocked face had turned to a smile once he saw the sun along with his co-workers on the ground, and with soldiers also smiling face, there was a moment of peace...all having fun with the location and lack of constant gunfire.

Not much later, the others had also arrived... heavy being last.

The 9 all grouped up to watch the sunset, a beautiful site that made them all tear up...

It was sad to leave it all behind but they had nowhere to go apart from out and into the world and to find new jobs and a purpose.

Hours pass as the sun sets and the stars start shining and bringing the entire place under beautiful lighting where they all are able to relax.

(Song vibes end here)

There is a slight shout from the street where Zarya had stayed with Winston.

- it's time to go back to base.

This made them all regain their extra weight.

Even if the moon and stars freed them from the shackles of both RED and the prospect of moving, they knew it wouldn't last forever.

As the small dove cuddled closer to medics' neck in hopes of warmth, medic took that as his cue to leave.

And so he did.

- meet you at the trucks.

Jumping down the rock, he walks to the trucks, soon clambering onto his pile of stuff and getting nipped a couple of times from the sharp edges of his saws.

He looked over to scouts pile...Seeing an 18-pack of crit-a-cola, bonk and a couple of bottles of mad milk.

...

Pocketing a can of each and carefully packing the glass bottle, he goes back to laying by his pile...just enjoying the moment.

Soon the footsteps of the others approaching leave him to slide down, not getting niked by anything and watching as the group all pile into the one section that hadn't been covered in weapons or pretty hats.

This truck and in turn the other had been filled to the brim with stuff. It was good that 2 trucks were brought and not the one, would have been quite sad otherwise when half the stuff didn't fit.

Now the long trip home was done in silence. Not even 10min in, pyro had lain across the snipers' legs and this turned into a massive cuddle pile.

By the end, each was snuggling into one other, Zarya had never seen such emotion from a small team who had been killing for the past couple years...she couldn't imagine doing this with the people from overwatch...they didn't have personal connections, it was all superficial.

Heavy stretched out his hand to Zarya and grabs her wrist. Gently, he pulls her to his chest, along with demo and an asleep scout.

A massive patch of warmth spread over her back and she cuddled closer...happy to be beside a team who would treat her like a human and not a tool with vengeance.

The team all sat in silence, the night finally making them yawn and slowly fall into a light sleep. The positions weren't the best so any slight movement would cause their waking, but with their sluggish movement, no one would be waking any time soon.

As the doors to the truck were pulled up and the soft light of the building behind Winston shone on the people in the truck, they all squinted and slowly got up

Scout was the only one to not wake up, he had fallen into a deep sleep that he wouldn't be able to wake from until next morning.

Outside the truck, a couple of people had met up. They heard the 9 were coming back and wanted to greet them, maybe help carry a couple things in.

In the end, all they saw was a pile of bodies softly breathing and waking up. Some awwed while others giggled...it was a sight and an adorable one at that.

Soon the team got up, and scout had fallen to the floor, only to be picked up by medic.

-he is asleep, who is carrying him?
-I can!

The fast girl, now in sweatpants and a jumper, Walked up and picked scout from medics' arms...he didn't react to the switch in personnel and so medic told her to take the boy to their room..they would sort out the weapons and everything else.

-so how are you going to sort stuff?

The team all looked around one another and they already knew who was staying and leaving, those who were staying might as well set up their stuff while they were all in one spot.

-well if I plan to stay here permanently I want to set up in a way that doesn't disturb the rest of you
- you plan on staying?
-yes, I want to work and help you. I hope I qualify

The night carries on as demo and engineer talk about their plan on staying, mentioning how scout said he also wanted to stay, making tracer run off to celebrate.

They talked about what they wanted to do while the others grab their stuff and headed to their room, some keep their small valuables in the room while placing their weapons in a weapon closet that was down the hallway.

They all soon head to bed, leaving them all to sleep soundly knowing their tools are safe.

<next morning>

Like the last couple of days, the team all get up around the same time, heading down to grab food and then wandering around in search of stuff to do. This time, they had their tools and cosmetics, and they could do whatever they wanted, to the fullest.

Soldier had immediately bolted to the training rooms with sniper and demo. They brought their favourite weapons and basically stole the entire place before anyone was really up.

Engineer had begged that solder and demo bring their non-damage weapons instead of their stock, he wasn't about to make excuses for blown-up walls and floor for the two of them and considering demo wanted to stay, it wouldn't look good.

They had listened and had been bouncing from all to wall in a game of tag while sniper had been revelling in the familiarity of his gun, a nice and simple rifle

They had been messing around for a while now. Sniper occasionally comes out to cheer one or the other depending on his mood. Soldier had mastered rocket jumping, his flawless wall jumps and the hopps for fast getaways. Demo also had mastered his simple jumps and strafing, turning in tight circles and cutting soldier off.

Soon, people did arrive, and she wasn't the happiest to see two grown men flying.

-what are you doing?! GET DOWN!!

Sniper had looked over to the one in bright blue and got up to walk over. He didn't want to ruin their fun and he hoped neither would she.

-common Sheila, they are just having fun. Plus, they're not destroying the place. Its completely fine
- they are flying through the air with nothing more than a helmet!! not even that second one who hasn't got anything!! They could get hurt.
-sheila, it's not worth it. They have done this so many times and there used to it.

The one in blue looked up with a worried face as the 2 jumped around. Completely ignoring the good strafing and high jumps, she focuses on the negative and how many ways they could possibly die.

-go soldier!!! Cut him off and tag him!!
-oi, This is the longest I haven't been it! Don't snitch on me like that!!!
- is that all this is to you?

The girl looks over to the sniper with a stone-cold expression

- is this just a game?
-considering we have been fighting for 50 years nonstop, I say everything is a game. Even dying...until...

...

-I got him!!!!
-Ahh noooo!!

Sniper's sad expression drops and he is back to his smiley nature. Soldier was at the top of a building and with both hands in the air, demo is a bit lower and looking up at him. Soon dropping a sticky and jumped up to meet him.

They both high-five and then jump down, each has their own way but both end up landing without major injures

Soon they drop their stuff by a wall and walk to sniper, acting like brothers and resting themself against him.

-that was a workout, it was fun flying again though.
-that's right, I have never felt so much like a free eagle.
- What were you thinking?

The girl in blue draws the attention away from sniper and to herself. Soon becoming slightly red with anger as she starts going off about how they were being irresponsible.

- you know Sheila...

Soon her scalding has stopped and she looks over at the sniper

-what is it?
- you should compete with solder and demo. You fly too, don't you? Have a competition.
- no, we will not be indulging-
-yes!! Sniper, you are so smart. Let's go magot, we got some time before we start.
-leeeets do iiiitt

As demo and solder run off for a quick drink and to prepaid, the girl grows redder...an aura of anger doesn't let her move.

- look at how passionate they are. They will love it when you join, not many on the team can fly as they can...even medic is limited by the quick fix.

He turns to the girl and smiled

-give them a shot, I know they will enjoy it and I see you becoming friends with them. Anyway, I want to speak to engineer, don't get too angry at soldier and demo...they have a...rough situation... they are trying.

Sniper hauls the rifle over his shoulder and walks out.

Only she girl is left in the now empty training room...quickly sucking up her anger, she gets ready...

...time to see what these idiots can do

Engineer sits by a table, after asking around for spare rooms by the workshop, a space was cleared for him.

It wasn't that big, barely bigger than his original workshop, but it had enough space to fit everything and he was finally able to look through all his papers... finally, think about whether making this or that was worth it.

Sitting and fixing some weapons that had rusted over, he is met with a knock.

Walking over and opening the door, he answers to see sniper.

-ah, hello. How are demo and soldier?
-a Sheila came in and shouted at them, I managed to calm her down but I don't know what will happen.
-ugh, what brings you around then?
-I am having a slight problem with my gun, mind helping me?

And so he does just that.

Picking up the rifle. He checks over every small nook and cranny...Soon seeing the problem.

-Yea, I can fix this in an hour tops. Come back for It ok?
- thanks Engi...I will miss having you around.

And so he leaves, off to the outside training grounds for some chatter

Engineer stayed in his workshop, tinkering with the gun and changing a piece to fix the problem. Placing the gun to the side, he sets to work with the blueprints, checking each one over and picking to keep or scrap.

Scrap goes in a container on the top shelves while the keep goes just under the table.

He soon fixes the workshop to his liking and places the gun across the wooden table, then leaves for the bedroom to meet and talk to pyro. He had wanted to chat a bit with him a bit recently.

On the way, he meets Symmetra...

Feeling too put down by her already in the week he had been staying here, he doesn't say anything...just leaves.

In 3h, the place all work together and head for lunch, soon meeting up at the table and talking about their day, what had happened and how everything had gone.

Solder and demo had said they had a fantastic time with Pharah, her flying was...slow and wonky but they had enjoyed the time. Playing tag.

Scout had said, that Winston came up to him during the game tracer had made up, he had said that he knew scout would want to stay and that

-*if you want to stay here, you will need to come on a mission.*
-of course, I immediately agreed and was happy to engage, I wanted to go on missions soon anyway and so I don't mind.
- what about me and demo?

Engineer had told Winston about his and demos wanting to stay too...did they just...get forgotten about?

-Oh yea, he said you would be coming on the next mission too. When the briefing will be called for, the three of us, we will have to go.
-scout mention something of a game?
-oh yea so basically-

Scout goes on to explain the game.

Like he had said to tracer a week ago, he wanted a search sort of game. And once tracer took him outside to the "start line" she explained the rules, soon starting the game and making them both run.

-she said she doesn't know where they are hidden and neither do I. So we are on a race to see who can find all 50 rubber ducks.
- did she say anything about help?
-nooo, she just said don't ask Ana...from her description, she said it was pharahs mother.
-ah, that one woman that came to the infirmary. I think I know here.
-Yea, just don't ask her.

The team all look at one another...a small smile spread on each one as they look at scout who had put his head down to eat

-...should we help you mate?

Scout looks up to sniper who had asked...only to see each one looking at him with a smile.

After feeling like he was under the sun's rays for a good second, he thinks about it...

She never said no...so I mean...

- yes, teamwork is how we roll!!

The group slightly high-fived one another, all smiling and talking about where the possible ducks could be hidden.

A couple from other tables hear and a certain cyborg had taken it upon himself to find out what this new group was and what they were talking about.

His steps were fairly loud against the tiled floor and as he got close, the spy looked over...

-*...cyborg...Genji maybe?*

Once it got to the end of the table, it place this hand on the table and bent slightly over.

-what are you lot talking about?
-...and who are you.

The table had gone silent as they all razed their eyebrows...they weren't about to take some flack from some metal figure...

-I am Genji, I have seen you wander around for the past week and no one told me about extra people.
- so you were the one who meditates with Zenyatta right?
- how do you know that
-I got my sources.
-stop it spy!!
- so spy is a name?

As the group look at the figure, they slightly relax. Genji then takes this as a threat, how could these...noobs, be sitting here and not keeping their guard up against a certified swordsman, one with a dragon by his side to cut through anything

- you say that as if it means something.
-considering soldiers came up to us and told us that their words like pyro and heavy thrown around your table...I would take something as spy being a name quite explicitly. Who is named pyro and who is named heavy?

The two respective people put their hands up, they both don't really care about what is happening and so just say their names.

-I am Misha, heavy weapons guy
-huda!!
-this is pyro.

As the cyborg stands there and contemplates what the 9 are up to, scout opens his mouth to speak

-oh, you wanna sit with us? Feel free to. We were just walking about the challenge tracer set me up with. Your help would be cool too.

As he stands there, he figures it's worth seeing a bit more of them. And so he takes a seat at the very edge of the bench.

There is a moment of silence but soon the group once again get into talks, some jokes are thrown around and medics small bird flies around.

Genji had heard about the medic from mercy...he was the famed Joseph Ludwig and a master of medicine...but he acted like a complete idiot right now.

The small dove that had been situated on his shoulder had flown over to Genji, standing directly in front and looking up in curiosity.

Approaching slightly, Genji started stroking it, just feeling it out...then when it didn't run away, he carried on. Soon going into full pets and skritches

- Hey Genji, you know Ana?
- not really, I go to mercy instead of Ana for heals, all I know is she is pharahs mother. If you want information, you would have to ask her.
- I am sure she enjoyed rocket jumping with us. We should ask after lunch.

As the time slowly slipped, the group all said bye to one another and headed off, promising scout to look out for the small rubber ducks.

By the end, Engineer was left with the small bird and Genji. He didn't need to do anything urgently and so stayed by the side of the mechanic.

- you were really sceptical, what has everyone been going on about with us?
- They just talk about how random threats and sensitive information have been coming from this table
-oh? Like what

Genji thinks back to all the complaints he had heard from the soldiers. Some go on about feeling unsafe and being scared of the table with 2 coloured people.

- many said they heard horrific bloody scenes and a soldiers throat being slit
- Oh yea, that was demos story. he had gone full melee and just slit the enemy soldiers throat, it was pretty amazing
-...what were the reproductions?
- from that fight...I think we won if I am not mistaken, so there were no reproductions apart from scout getting a headache next day from the alcohol.

Genji wanted to subtly point out how this was bad but it ended fine...he didn't learn anything.

thing is, Engi knew what he was doing, spy had explained Genji and Zenyatta when Zarya had explained it. He likes honour and clean deaths...

A small smile appeared on engineer's face as he thought back. Everything ended well...there was no bad that ever came from killing one or not killing another... apart from letting a spy through the front lines probably.

But either way, they finished quickly and with either side winning or losing.

- say, what would you think about coming to my workshop and talking about the rest of what you heard? I need some company during my tinkering.
- what will you do to me?
- nothing. Just talk.

When Engineer got up to move, he let Archimedes fly off, probably back to medic but he wouldn't know.

He didn't wait for Genji. He gave him a choice and he was to follow or not.

By the time Engineer got to his workshop, still with papers and weapons strewn around the place, he was surprised to have the door open 2muinets later

-I still have unexplained complaints I need to hear about.
- oh? Sit down then. There must be a lot.

As Genji sat down, he said the first one that came to mind, and Engi had reciprocated with a story, a funny inside joke and explained the entire situation. Granted, they were bloodied, just as the soldiers said, but they were funny in some way.

From gumba stomping a clocked spy to an accidental headshot by pyro from a perfectly timed air blast. Each one had a game that they won or lost. Genji had ended up forgetting about the complaints and just listened to his stories.

They had this air of fun around them, something that made him forget the current crises and look back to Engis time like a game that seemed entertaining and this made him relax...almost see this war as a game too...one with no respawns unlike in engineers time.

Soon he had finished sorting his stuff and started tinkering with a contraption.

In the windowless room, neither would have noticed the drastic change outside and only once the basting of the speakers stopped Engineers speech, they had understood how long they had spent.

-* Engineer, scout, demo, come to Winston office for a briefing, rest can get food*

Engineer places his wrench down and smiles at Genji.

-it was nice talking to you. Hope we can stay in touch...I do plan on staying.
-it was an honour to speak to you too. I hope to see you more.

As Engineer got up and walked out Genji stayed for a bit longer, having a proper look at the workshop and what he did.

It looked about as tidy as Torbjorn, but with a lot older tools and machines. Smiling slightly, he leaves, closing the door behind him and heading for some meditation with Zenyatta.

When medic and mercy had heard the call, they didn't move, both had been deep in conversation to care about food.

Confirming the medic was the actual Ludwig, mercy had begged him to explain his story and what he did. Get the answers to the questions that she no longer even had a reason to care about.

After a day, medic had offered a proposal. He will explain everything if she lets him perform any experiments.

Mercy reciprocated that she was still a professional and would not allow him to act inhumanly. Medic of course agreed, he was around actual people now, he had to act like he had some decency and he said he would perform them in the room that was offered.

So he would perform experiments and would explain them to mercy, but only complete them in his office so she could stay safe but have a show of what he knew.

Mercy had a think and agreed...it was worth knowing the famed doctor, and seeing his experiments was something she had dreamed about.

For now, medic had just been pulling up some notebooks of how to create the medigun liquid. Due to them having been left for a...couple years...the juice had soured slightly.

It wasn't as effective as freshly made and it didn't heal properly.

So he was running around, trying to find all the components that a hospital should have...that this part of the medical building should have.

Eventually, he had found the right stuff and locked himself in the office. To put it all together and mercy had watched the entire show.

By the end, a bright blue liquid was in the flask. Turning the lights off, it glowed and the liquid flowed from one side to another with small swirls.

Medic was used to it so he just went and grabbed his uber. There were 4 versions he had to make, one for each pack and this was the strongest. As mercy admired the liquid and sloshed it around, medic went and grabbed the medipack of the stand and emptied it out.

It wasn't the most soluble substance so it had to be neutralized first...that was later tho.

He grabbed some paper towels and cleaned out the pack, soon taking the liquid and pouring it. The once pretty dull and slow machine had a new pump of energy and it buzzed with life.

Even the pack had a slight glow to it that made it stand out.

The rest of the day was spent making the other 4.

He may be using each at any time and he had never left the liquid this long so it was a priority to change it.

As an experiment. He would keep a small container of the half-corrupted liquid... planning to see what it looks like after another 100 years.

When the blinds were opened and lights turned on, the once bright day outside had turned to darkness...

-I won't be staying long. I am leaving by month's end like said. If you really want to see the experiments, you will need to help me.
-I am willing to do anything.
-anything?
-yes

A small smile formed on medics' face. She was so infatuated with his work that maybe he could use her for access to the deeper stuff like live bodies and maybe even some rare creatures, he had a heart of the loch ness hamster for a reason.

- alright. For now, though, I am going to bed. See you tomorrow.
-good night Dr.Ludwig.

For just a moment. He stops...it felt...wrong...but also so right...

A proper title and perfect name...

- thank you

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.7K 1.7K 31
This is the story of what happens after blood in the water. (a tf2 comic) The classics mercenaries had captured the Red team and the reader. conflict...
254K 3.8K 32
I will be doing a series of one shots. I take requests! Please, request a scenario, and I will do it! :D No smut though, I want it pg here. But of co...
2.3K 55 7
Although Tf2 fandom is slowly approaching the end of it's existence, mainly by the creators who do nothing with the game, I still want to give someth...
2.1K 120 28
Everyone sees me as a kind, smart, shy man. They think I'm pure. They think I'm good. They have no idea who I am. They want what they see, not whats...