Make Up Your Mind | Endeavor...

By SandraJacks0n

Y/n L/n, a pro hero on the rise, recruited for Endeavor Agency as his secretary. What happens when your feeli... More

Chapter Zero | About You
Chapter One | Day One
Chapter Two | Meeting
Chapter Three | Hate
Chapter Four | Guilt
Chapter Five | Memories
Chapter Six | Cocktail
Chapter Seven | Family
Chapter Eight | Uber
Chapter Nine | I Spy
Chapter Ten | Work
Chapter Eleven | Getting Ready
Chapter Twelve | Dinner
Chapter Thirteen | Coincidence
Chapter Fifteen | Mystery Woman
Chapter Sixteen | Dumbass
Chapter Seventeen | Mistake
Chapter Eighteen | Bet
Chapter Nineteen | StoryTime
Chapter Twenty | Emergency Pt.1
Chapter Twenty One | Emergency Pt.2
Chapter Twenty Two | Dinner or Date?
Chapter Twenty Three | Tolerance
Chapter Twenty Four | Deception
Chapter Twenty Five | Morning Of
Chapter Twenty Six | Operation, Begin!
Chapter Twenty Seven | Separated
Chapter Twenty Eight | Eri
Chapter Twenty Nine | Team United
Chapter Thirty | Final Battle
Chapter Thirty One | Aftermath
Chapter Thirty Two | Confession Pt.1
Chapter Thirty Three | NightEye
Chapter Thirty Four | Confession Pt.2
Chapter Thirty Five | Reunion
Chapter Thirty Six | Brainstorms and Conclusions
Chapter Thirty Seven | Discharged
Chapter Thirty Eight | The Next Day
Chapter Thirty Nine | Announcement
Chapter Forty | Time Skip A Year
Chapter Forty One | Wedding
Thanks ;)

Chapter Fourteen | Heights

754 36 0
By SandraJacks0n

I wake up energetic as ever, ready to start the day. Or was it secretly because I wanted to see Enji? Whatever the reason, I got out of bed and swiftly get ready for work.

I park in the usual spot and head for the agency doors. I go up to the 17th floor and open my office doors, inhaling the smell of mahogany wood. I plop onto the chair and play music on my phone, happy that the room was sound proof so that no one heard my terrible singing.

I was so into the music that I didn't realize there was a text message sent 17 minutes ago. I wince when I see how long the ago the message was sent; I hate taking forever to reply to people.

I unlock my phone and see that Hizashi had texted, have you seen mr. matching yet. Even when he's busy with teaching he still finds time to make fun of me.

Ha ha very funny Hizashi.
No I didn't see Mr. Matching yet

I bet you were just in the middle of a make out session

What—why would I do that with my boss?

Why else would you take so long to reply to me

I was listening to music...

So you really weren't with him?

No
I was in my office listening to music

I thought that you do paperwork and stuff with him

I only did that a few times
It's not a mandatory thing—just wanted to help.

Just wanted to help
You sure it's not just because you wanted to see him
😏

Shut up Hizashi
Don't you have paperwork to do right now🤨

Touché
Text ya later Y/N

✌🏼

I was about to resume my singing when I saw the door open in the corner of my eye. I whip my head towards the direction of the doors to see Enji standing there.

"Didn't meant to startle you," Enji says, posing awkwardly against the doorframe.

I put my hand up in a dismissive way and smile. "It's okay. What did you need?"

Enji clears his throat and suddenly has a stern look on his face. "We got in called by NightEye. He says that the meeting has to be earlier than scheduled."

"Okay," I stuff my phone into my back pocket and grab the suitcase for the hero costume. "All set."

"You don't want to change first?" Enji asks, pointing at the suitcase. "I can wait. No rush."

"Is that really okay with you? I don't wanna hold you up on the meeting," I said, debating on whether or not to change.

Enji looks at his watch then back at me. "The meeting doesn't start until an hour from now so you can take your time, really."

"Okay. Give me five minutes and then we can leave," I close the door and lock it.

Why is it every time I look at him he gets hotter and hotter? Especially in that hero costume—wow, I have got to stop looking.

After snapping back to reality, I frantically change, feeling like I've been daydreaming for what seemed like a decade. I swing open the door, surprising Enji at the sudden action. "I'm all set to go."

"Okay, let's get going," I follow behind Enji, ready to go for the elevator, but instead he keeps walking straight ahead to his office.

I pick up the pace so that we were walking beside each other. "Where are we going? Did you forget something?"

"I don't usually use my car to get to meetings like these. Or anywhere really," Enji slows down to face me. "Unless you're uncomfortable?"

"Wait—so you jump from buildings too?!" My face lights up in excitement.

Enji smiles at me and opens his door, going over to the big sliding window. "You ready?" He slides the window open and props his foot onto the ledge of the window frame.

"Yep," I stand there for a second, wondering why none of us were moving until I realized something pretty big.

Wait...Enji's going to hold me..?! In his arms?!

Somehow I had failed to connect the pretty obvious dots. Enji stands at the window awkwardly, his foot still propped onto the frame and his arms slightly outstretched—making a weird pose. "Whenever you're ready..."

I take a deep breath and walk towards Enji until our bodies barely had any space between them. My body stiffens almost immediately when he picks me up bridal style. I held my arms close to my chest, not wanting to touch Enji any more than I had to. Though a part of me wanted to.

"You have everything you need?" Enji asks, his voice slightly going in and out.

"Yes..." I slowly look up and accidentally make eye contact with Enji, not wanting to look down at the ground.

My face was quickly burning, but for some reason I just kept looking at him. To his sharp cut jawline, his big scar that engulfed almost half his face, his crystal blue eyes, his everything.

I realized that I had been staring because I heard a "ahem". "O—oh, Sorry. Didn't mean to stare—just didn't want to look at the ground," which wasn't a complete lie.

"A pro hero afraid of heights? Now that's something I would read," Enji joked, a laugh erupting from his chest.

I return the chuckle and steal a sideways glance at him. "Returning the mock at me, I see."

Enji pulls me closer to his chest, my mind running wild. "Hold on tight and, uh, don't Look down if you're that scared of heights. I'm about to lean forward."

"O—h okay," a shiver runs down my spine when his muscles flex underneath my body. My heart beats so fast that Enji probably feels it beat against his chest. And just when it couldn't get any worse; I look down like the idiot I am--and of course, I'm scared shitless.

Enji chuckles when he hears my breathing go ragged and tilts my body so that I'm leaning against his chest at an angle. "It'll just be a few seconds—promise. Just hold on tight if you don't want to go flying."

"Ha ha, very funny Enji," I swallow down saliva and clutch onto his chest, the fear getting the best of me.

"Okay. Ready. Set. Hold on!"

"Wait—wha—"

Enji holds me closer to his chest and jumps out the window, and before I could even process what was going on my eyes land on Enji's calm ones. For a second all sense of time was lost and the only thing I focusing on was Enji.

None of us were breaking eye contact and just like that, my stomach was all knots and somersaults. Enji smiles at me and went back to looking ahead of him.

Did that really happen? Me and Enji? Making eye contact for what felt like an eternity? God I want to stay like this forever—I don't even care about how high in the air we are right now.

Enji's POV:

I pull her closer to my chest seeing how she reacted to the significant height, clinging onto me like she was slipping. I didn't realize how close our bodies were until her breasts were starting to press against my chest, and like any man—it made me feel bothered.

Damn, this is the worst timing ever. It's not like I can pull her away—she's clinging onto me like her life depends on it. I steal a glance at her to see she's looking at the buildings and streets below us. At least she doesn't seem to notice. That'd be even more awkward.

Y/N's POV:

Okay Y/N, you have got to stop looking at the man. He probably senses somebody staring into his soul right this second.

I keep staring at him despite my conscious telling me otherwise, taking in his features all over again. I see his head move slightly so I whip my head the other direction, out into the city and it's cluster of ant sized people on the streets.

That was a close one. Too close. Can you imagine if he saw me staring? I would quit my job.

I feel Enji slowing down, making my adrenaline shoot through the roof. I grip onto his arm, curling myself into a ball as much as my positioned body would allow me. Stupid fear. I close my eyes and wait until I feel a soft thud, indicating that Enji just landed. I slowly open my eyes, relieved to see the ground beneath me.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you earlier. Should've gave a warning," Enji said, slowly putting me down.

I hop out of his grasp and onto the ground, twirling around to face him. "No sweat, I would've been scared either way," I flash a smile and wait for Enji to start walking.

"After you," Enji says, opening the door for me.

"Thanks Enji," I pace through the door and wait a few steps away for him to come through. "I didn't realize there'd be so many heroes here today," I gawk at the amount of pro heroes in one room.

"Hey, y/n...!" We both whip our heads towards Aizawa's direction, who's pacing towards us. "You got the invitation too?"

I wave at Aizawa and smile wide, happy to see my friend again. "Yep. I'm guessing it's a big operation because—this is way more than just the top ten pro heroes," I said, looking around to see the bustling crowd.

"Yeah. NightEye found out that the yakuza have over a hundred men and some's quirks are undocumented. So he wants more backup to assure safety," Aizawa answers plainly, his hands in his pockets.

I slowly nod my head in acknowledgment. "That makes sense. What about teaching? Who's going to sub in for you while you're part of the operation?"

"Midnight's going to sub in for me. Some of my students are here for their work studies, so I volunteered to fight alongside them in case the league of villains were involved," Aizawa says, looking out into the sea of heroes.

Aizawa glares in the crowd when he sees my grin appearing in his peripheral vision. "Aww, is that concern I hear in your voice? From the Shota Aizawa?"

"—so, about you and Endeavor," Aizawa says, completely ignoring what I said. "How's that going along? Did you tell him that you—"

I lunge forward and cup his mouth, posing in a pathetic attempt to act natural in front of Enji. "Tell me what?"

"Nothing..! Nothing important anyways. You should probably let NightEye know we're here," I said, saving myself for a bit.

Enji opens his mouth, then closes it and walks over to NightEye in the far side of the room, which was exactly my plan. "He doesn't know about that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

364K 13.1K 93
"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠." ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ "𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐞." ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ In which a confident, popular girl develo...
11.6K 311 11
-as a student who transferred into university in the middle of the year for classified reasons, y/n struggles to fit the expectations that are set...
7.3K 211 15
"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞." where y/n finds herself as the personal assistant of an overwo...
107K 3.6K 44
-Completed Fanfic- A mysterious quirk affects Midoriya and Todoroki, having their bodies switched with one another. How will it affect our heroes and...