A Ghost's Wish [MxM]

By Hopestrife

[COMPLETED] Oliver Kardos was the General of Bierze and Guardian of the Realms. He had dedicated his life to... More

1. A Ghost
2. A Ghost's Request
3. A Ghost's Parade
4. Anima Wish
5. A Wish
6. A Ghost Returns
7. An Insulting Proposal
8. A Ghost Becomes a Trainee
9. An Informant
10. A Ghost, a Priest, and a Thief Walk Into Bar
11. An Old Foe
12. An Alibi
13. A Ghost Wrapped in Mystery
14. An Expected Invitation
15. A Spar
16. A Ball
17. A Break Up
18. A Confrontation in the Gardens
19. A Farewell
20. A Brawl
21. A Threat
22. A Battle
23. A Welcome Home
24. A Rescue
25. A Dream
26. A King
27. A Guest
28. A Prisoner
29. A Breakdown
30. A Vision
31. Moonlight
32. A Nest
33. A Roar
34. A Wyvern
35. A Dragon King
36. A Request to Leave
37. A Threat
38. A Conference
39. A Motive
40. A Night [M]
41. A Brand
42. A Summons
43. A Skirmish
44. Guarded
45. Choices
46. A Visitor
47. A Golden Cage
48. An Old Friend
49. An Heir
50. A Rucrean King
51. Reunited
52. A Traitor
53. Terms of Surrender
54. A Guardian
55. Desire [M]
56. An Attack
57. A Monster
58. A Messanger
59. Four Generals
60. An Explosion
61. A Stampede
62. War
64. A Ghost's Wish [End]
Epilogue

63. An End

5.6K 428 185
By Hopestrife

The fighting had practically stopped as both armies saw Draco's claws around Yonsu's neck. Draco looked beautifully monstrous. He was in a humanoid form, but his scales still covered his entire body, his hands were claws, his eyes were burning red, his fangs elongated, and his wings were spread. Even in his human form, his wingspan was massive, exceeding five meters. 

The greatest threat to the realms, the catalyst of chaos and war, was trembling in Draco's grasp. His eyes darted around to find someone to help him. However, his people were already backing away. The Ravagers were raiders and bandits, no longer the proud Kirith Empire. They didn't understand war. They couldn't fathom the devastation.

They stood amid thousands of corpses, their numbers cut to less than half. This was supposed to be their victory. They had been clinging to the prophecy Yonsu had imparted to them. They had believed his visions of a long war where they could make a wish and gain the power to overtake the world—to ravage the lands. 

But their leader had fallen into the hands of their enemy.

Oliver watched the Ravagers, analyzing their emotional fluctuations. He saw their defeat, embarrassment, and resentment toward Yonsu. 

Yonsu struggled in Draco's grasp, noticing the same thing in his troops. He needed to rally them again. However, Draco's grip tightened, cutting off his air. He pulled at Draco's hands with no luck.

"Yonsu, Ravager King, and cockroach of the Kirith Empire... Is this all you are?" Oliver asked as he gestured at his struggling figure. 

Yonsu sputtered and tried to say something, but Draco still had a tight grip around his throat. Draco's chest rumbled with a low chuckle, and he loosened his hold.

"One-on-one," he coughed out. "Me versus the Ghost."

Oliver faltered when he heard this, but then he broke out into a loud laugh. "Oh, Yonsu. It is far too late for that. I gave you an opportunity to fight me, but it was swiftly rejected. Why would I ever grant you that chance again?"

"Ghost—" He choked on the name when Draco tightened his claws again.

"Ah, ah, ah," Draco hummed mockingly. "I have tolerated you calling him Ghost for too long. But now, I need you to address him properly."

His grip relaxed again, letting Yonsu suck in the air. "Ol...Oliver."

Draco clicked his tongue, and his talons dug into his skin, making him bleed.

"Lord Kardos!" He said helplessly.

Draco snarled. "Wrong again."

"Guardian." His eyes widened in panic when Draco's talons pierced deeper into his flesh. "King! King Oliver!"

Draco chuckled. "That's a good Ravager." His tone was doting, like he was speaking to a pet.

Oliver pursed his lips and stepped closer to him. "You used to be the thing that haunted my dreams, Yonsu. The hooded figure in my prison. The puppeteer of pestilence. The king would raze the world just for more power. You wanted to be a recognized king; it didn't matter if it was king of Ravagers or corpses."

Yonsu glared. "Save your sanctimonious speeches for someone else, king."

Oliver chuckled. "That wasn't my intention. I don't have any means to prove that I am more righteous than you. I know my truth. I know how bloody my hands are. All I'm doing is stating an observation." 

He looked Yonsu up and down and sighed heavily in disappointment. "You were much more frightening when you were a mystery."

Yonsu stilled in Draco's grasp, and then he snarled. "Fight me, and I will show you how terrifying I can be."

Draco suppressed a growl. "No. Your chances are gone, Ravager. The only option you have left is death."

Yonsu started to fight Draco, trying to tear himself away from him, but it was fruitless. Draco's hold was too strong. Yonsu tried to cry out, begging for another battle. He felt it was the only way he could have a chance. His prophecy and wish were contingent on Oliver's death. He just needed a chance.

"A fight. That's all I ask for."

"No," Oliver said firmly with a shake of his head. "Life is built from a series of circumstances and choices... Your choices from two lifetimes brought you to this point."

Yonsu's eyes flickered with self-doubt. He had planned everything for so long, living only to fulfill the prophecy and stand above the others. All he wanted was power—and at one point, it was in his hands in the form of the Anima wish. But all was lost. It crumbled from his hands all because of the man standing before him. It was always him.

His uncertainty turned to rage, and he snarled at Oliver. "I should have killed you long ago!"

Draco cut off his airflow again, his talons deeply embedded in Yonsu's neck. When Yonsu trembled from the pain, Draco flashed a toothy grin. "You reek of desperation, Ravager."

Oliver approached the two of them, and his face held deep disappointment. "Your obsession made you weak, Yonsu. It made you rash and impatient. All the meticulous plans you plotted before had gone to waste." He laughed. "I'm not complaining about it, but I expected a harder battle."

Oliver drew his sword quickly and slashed across the Ravager's face, taking his eye. Draco let go of his throat just so his screech could be heard across the battlefield.

"Terrible, isn't it? Half of your world is black now... Empty. Hidden. It's disorienting at first because your senses are now flawed... weak... vulnerable." Oliver's words pulsed with familiarity and resentment. 

The pointless war of his previous life had taken his eye. He had lived half his life in partial darkness. He had to hone his other sense and adapt to continue living. Now Yonsu could feel that despair.

Yonsu reached out to him, desperate to hold on to something that would save him from his fate, even if it was the enemy.

Oliver ran his blades through Yonsu's arms, expertly cutting the ligaments. Another scream was heard.

Yonsu's arms fell limply to his sides, the blood streaming down them. His look stayed fixed on his lame arms, and his mouth opened and closed in bewilderment. He tried to move his arms but was left with pained stillness.

"Frustratingly helpless... isn't it?" Oliver asked with a thoughtful expression. "You feel them on your side. You know they are there, but your arms refuse to move. It's worse than losing an eye."

Yonsu shuddered and closed his eyes, refusing to look at his worthless limbs. "What are you planning on doing to me?"

"What was that prophecy you so loved? Something about the crowned bear soaring?" Draco mused. "I plan on making it come true."

Yonsu panicked and tried to circulate his magic, but the pain from his missing eye and the dullness in his arms made his efforts futile.  He had no way to retaliate. 

Draco smiled at Oliver before his wings trembled, and he took off into the sky, his claw around Yonsu's neck. 

Yonsu gasped and tried to grab Draco's arm, but he couldn't move his limbs. Draco touched the clouds and slowed his ascent to a stop. 

"You wanted to this, didn't you?" Draco asked condescendingly. "You wanted to destroy the dragons and the sword of moonlight so you can have this? To soar?"

"Yes, I wanted the power!" Yonsu cried out. Every ambition he had seemed to taste like salt in his mouth. "But if I had power—real power like from the Anima Wish—my people would have been saved too. They deserve to see the light too, and for that goal, war was necessary. It is still necessary!"

Draco laughed and pulled him close. "I don't care about your ambitions or the war. I only care that you harmed him. There is no forgiveness for that offense."

Yonsu's face fell, and he couldn't find any words to help him. 

He should have never crossed a dragon's bottom line.

"Soar, little Ravager," Draco sneered his fangs longer than ever. "Let's see how you fly."

He let go, and Yonsu gasped as he felt the pull from gravity. 

The wind whipped around him, and his hair had come undone. He was like a ragdoll free falling to the ground below. He could see the armies, and his once large army was nearly decimated. It was surrounded by Oliver's, and soon they would be overtaken.

He had so utterly lost. 

He clenched his jaw in anger, and his eyes bled. Then he let out a guttural yell—his rage, lost ambition, and unwillingness reverberated through him.

The sound long echoed in the plains after his body crashed into the ground in a bloody mess. When Draco landed next to Oliver, they approached the crater to see the mutilated corpse.

Draco flicked a finger, and his flames devoured Yonsu's corpse. 

The Ravager King was dead.

Oliver's army had enveloped the remnants of the Ravagers. Their numbers had severely dwindled. They crowded together, one of the larger Ravagers whispering to them.

Oliver watched how their eyes filled with hostility. Yonsu was the one keeping them in line and controlled. But now, no one held the reins anymore. 

Oliver walked toward the group, his swords still in hand.

The largest Ravage smirked at Oliver and lowered his sword. "I suppose we surrender."

Oliver raised an eyebrow. "Surrender?"

"Of course. The great kingdoms who live in the sun are generous and forgiving, so we surrender."

Oliver pursed his lips when he heard the mockery in his voice. They believed that showing mercy was weak. It was foolish but never weak.

"Why should we spare you?" Oliver asked.

The Ravager faltered. "Isn't that what you do?"

Oliver chuckled. "We did that generations ago and let the remnants of the Kirith Empire live. You rose again and tried to overthrow the realms again. I am a Kardos and Guardian, so my purpose is to stop you."

The Ravager smiled. "And so you have."

Oliver's lips pulled at the corners. "Then kneel."

The Ravager paled, but he still wanted to live. He dropped his sword and slowly lowered to his knees. His posture yielded to Oliver, but the look in his eyes was ferocious. 

Oliver had plenty of people surrender to him, so he knew when it was sincere. He smiled at the Ravager. He pulled back his sword and swung it through the man's neck. 

"I will not make the same mistakes as my ancestors," he said coldly. "Pick up your weapons, Ravagers. I will not accept your surrender."

Oliver knew that there would always be war. He couldn't stop it completely. However, he could prevent one from the future. He could stop the Ravagers once and for all, even if that made him a slaughterer. 

Future generations may curse him for his cruel decision, but they would be able to taste some peace because of it as well. He already wore the mantle of a villain once, so he was willing to don it again.

However, his soldiers seemed to agree with his order and launched their attack.

Oliver cut down the last of the Ravagers, and he exhaled deeply. He lowered his swords and swept his eyes over the battlefield. There were so many corpses—so much death.

He would duel Draco to avoid carnage like this in his previous life, but he knew it was no longer an option when fighting against Ravagers. The Kirith Empire needed to disappear, which meant that he would soon be hunting in Asksno Peaks' caves. He would save any innocents and try to integrate them into society, wiping away the Ravager legacy. 

Strong arms wrapped around him. "Stop," Draco said quietly.

"Stop what?"

"Plotting and planning your next steps. Take a breather and celebrate your victory with your soldiers."

Oliver turned his attention to his soldiers, who were cheering. Conrad approached them with one arm slung around Quincey's shoulder. Oliver's eyes were immediately drawn to the bleeding wound on his leg.

"Conrad?"

"A flesh wound. Don't fuss," He said with a strained smile.

Oliver sighed and nodded, then turned toward Quincey. "Report," his voice was hesitant, afraid to hear about their losses.

"From my initial check, less than a thousand dead. We have plenty of injuries, but the priests are taking care of that now. Abrorgean forces and searching for any Ravager deserters. Rucreans and Wynter soldiers will secure a camp a little ways away." Quincey reported.

Oliver nodded. More death certificates to sign. 

"Oli," Quincey interrupted his melancholy. "It's over. It's finally over."

Oliver's eyes snapped toward him, and he realized the truth. It was over... well, at least nearly.

"We have one last thing to do before it is finally over," Oliver said quietly, giving Quincey a meaningful look.

Quincey groaned, and his shoulders slumped a little. "I was hoping you'd forget about that part."

Draco joined their conversation with a laugh. "You think we would forget to make you king?"

"One could dream," he murmured. "I'm going to get Conrad to the priests."

He left with Conrad, leaving a trail of curses about kings and bloodlines.

A long procession of horses and soldiers made their way toward Bierze until they sat outside the wall. 

Oliver and Draco were up front, with Gallio, Savvi, Quincey, and Conrad behind them. Gallio slapped Quincey on the back. "Ready, King?"

Quincey paled. "I think I'm going to be sick. You sure there isn't a war or something I can join? Hunt Ravager deserters? A sailing mission to another continent."

"Stop being dramatic, Quincey. If I can do it, so can you." Oliver said with a roll of his eyes. 

Their group entered the gates alongside Aris, Imran, and Antony. They felt they would have a stronger claim to the throne with all the realm's representatives with them. However, when they entered the Bierzean capital, Oliver frowned. 

The white cobblestone had become crusted with dirt and filth. Many buildings had damage, and the residents hid behind boarded-up windows. The cheer that littered the roads before had long disappeared. 

"The Ravagers did a number on this place," Savvi said quietly. 

"Nothing these people don't deserve," Gallio grumbled.

Quincey sighed. "But they are my people now... what a fucking mess I have to clean."

They rode their way to the palace while countless eyes followed their small procession. They had to stop in front of the locked palace gates. Royal Guards stood before it, but their golden armor had lost its luster and shine. They looked tired and defeated. 

"You should step aside," Oliver said. 

The guards looked up timidly. "We were ordered not to let anyone in."

"By who?"

"The King... and Tomin."

Oliver frowned. "Their orders are no longer your priority. The Ravager army has fallen, and Piers will give up the throne."

The guards looked up at Oliver with hope glistening in their eyes.  They hesitated for another moment before they opened the gates and stepped aside. Oliver nodded his thanks and led their group onto the palace grounds.

The word of their victory over the Ravagers started to spread through the guards, and they all stepped aside for him. They either bowed or whispered words of thanks. 

Oliver felt uncomfortable, remembering when he was brought back to the capital in a cage.

They barged into the throne room, where Piers was sitting confidently on the throne. His hair was curled and tied back with jewels and gems. His clothes were of the most luxurious silks and velvet, and his hand held several rings. His crown sat on his head with equal gaudiness, with jarring gold and diamonds.

Tomin stood beside him with shining armor while the aristocrats stood with wine in their hands and fancy dresses. 

Oliver wasn't surprised that these bastards still lived so freely while his people suffered.

••••••A/N••••••

63 chapters down. These last few chapters have been difficult because endings are always hard for me... and we will reach the end with Chapter 64. I have no idea how the ending came so soon—I swear it snuck up on me and I don't know if I'm ready for this to end.

Thank you so much for taking the time to get to know Oli and Draco. ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 1.5K 36
#1 in LGBT 9/23/21, #1 in Horror 9/23/21, #2 in BxB 9/23/21, #1 in ZombieApocalypse 9/23/21 Killian's eyes flickered up to Jasper. In the afternoon...
411 4 35
I fell in love with a man I have never met. He doesn't even know that I exist. How is that possible to inherit an obsession with a man I can never ha...
59.6K 5.4K 90
"He was once mine but then I lost him. I couldn't protect him even as I had vowed to do. But, I brought him back to life. Now, he is reborn and so is...
348K 19.5K 37
"Lu ShiZun... I like you." "I like you too XiaoYin." "... My kind of like is where we'd tumble in bed all day all night kind of like ShiZun..." *fero...