Two Rejects

Von zero_gravity500

"Oh Mia," Alpha Matthew's low, slow voice practically purred. "I'm going to take so much pleasure in ruining... Mehr

Author's Note
Fan Covers
Chapter 1 - Welcome to Sparta
Chapter 2 - The Glaze
Chapter 3 - Rejected by my mate
Chapter 4 - Going Rogue
Chapter 5 - Some Nice Strangers
Chapter 6 - Trusting the Enemy
Chapter 7 - Alpha Matthew
Chapter 8 - Becoming a Scholar
Chapter 9 - Professor Alpha
Chapter 10 - Alpha's Office Hours
Chapter 11 - Muscle Memory
Chapter 12 - Beer Me
Chapter 13 - Werewolf Hangovers
Chapter 15 - Electrifying
Chapter 16 - Fashion Show
Chapter 17 - Electric Candles
Chapter 18 - Hosts of the Castle
Chapter 19 - Ruining You
Chapter 20 - Absolutely Insulting
Chapter 21 - Contingencies
Chapter 22 - Fight
Chapter 23 - Glorified Babysitter
Chapter 24 - Old Friends
Chapter 25 - The Initiation
Chapter 26 - Oh-So-In-Love
Chapter 27 - Barbie B*tch
Chapter 28 - A Chance
Chapter 29 - Two Separate Entities
Chapter 30 - Going Rogue II
Chapter 31 - Bearing a Mark
Chapter 32 - Glowing
Chapter 33 - Alpha Alter-Ego
Chapter 34 - Formalities
Chapter 35 - Two Unlikely Lovers
Chapter 36 - Haunting War Cry
Chapter 37 - The King
Chapter 38 - Chess Game
Chapter 39--The Foretell Part 1
Chapter 40 -- The Foretell Part 2
Chapter 41 - A Second Chance
Chapter 42 - Brotherhood
Chapter 43 - The Ceremony
Chapter 44 - Epilogue
Author's Note - Prequel and Sequel(s)
Author's Note - Rebelling the Alpha King
Bonus Chapter - Graduation & Mia Meet's Matthew's Parents

Chapter 14 - Old Town

17.6K 709 164
Von zero_gravity500

A day with Alpha Matthew? Is that really a smart idea?

Who cares, my wolf howls. He's so fucking hot. Go on a date with him.

This isn't a date, I tell her quickly.

Matthew starts to slowly walk towards me and suddenly I feel like prey being stalked by a predator. He has his hands in his pocket, his eyes intensely holding me in my place. "I can take you through Old Town, we can grab lunch at my favorite restaurant, and then you can tell Sage about how she missed out."

Sounds like a date to me, my wolf is giddy. She feels so happy and excited that I can't help feeling her joy rake through my body.

"Is that a yes?" Matthew asks as soon as he's a few inches away from me.

I realize quickly that I haven't spoken in a while. I bite down on my lip, Matthew's eyes flicking over my mouth before meeting my eyes again. Pulling in every bit of confidence I have, I push a genuine smile, "I would love for you to play tour guide for me today."

Matthew let's out a chuckle, his entire body perking up. "I'll go get dressed then."

He doesn't move for a second, staring at me before turning and heading upstairs. Once he's out of the room, I start breathing normally. My heart has been fluttering and I need to compose myself. It's already hard to function around Matthew's 'Alpha' aura. Now it's even harder knowing how attractive I find him.

Matthew comes back in just a few seconds. He's switched in a pair of jeans but kept his black t-shirt. I try not to ogle him as he spins his car keys around his finger. When he sees me, he smiles, "Ready?"

Matthew leads me outside. There's a shelter of sorts just a bit down the road which I quickly realize is Matthew's garage. I guess when you live in a crazy old castle, garages weren't built back in the day. My jaw drops when I see Matthew's small collection of vehicles. A few motorcycles, some dirt bikes and four-wheelers, but more importantly, a black slick G Wagon.

I slide into the passenger seat as soon as Matthew gets into the drivers. He doesn't even blink twice as he pulls his car out towards Old Town. I want to talk to him. Ask him about his life and why he's so dedicated to the university. Instead, my voice gets caught in my throat as I watch him drive. The veins in his forearms prominent, the way he leans one elbow on the passenger door, his thumb tapping on the steering wheel.

Matthew looks at me through the corner of his eyes. Instead of turning away, I give me a smile. "You're staring," I tell him. "Eyes on the road."

I snap my fingers, pointing forward. A small hum comes from his chest but instead of it making me afraid, I can't help it and laugh gently. Despite the butterflies I get from him, he makes me feel very comfortable and I've realized that here I can truly be myself. Unlike in Sparta where being a nerd is practically frown upon, I feel accepted here. Especially when I talk to Matthew.

Matthew parks his car along a street by the lake. I can already tell that Old Town is adorable. There are small shops, little boutiques, and so many families or groups of students that are out on this beautiful Saturday.

As soon as Matthew stops the car, I step out and feel excited. Thus far, my experience here has been amazing. Getting to know the rest of the pack has me giddy. I feel Matthew's hand on the small of my back, he looks down at me, "Come, I'll show you around."

As we're walking through town, everyone bows their heads to Matthew. They give him smiles or say their hellos. Instead of keeping his gaze straight ahead the way Bren would, he nods to everyone that shows him respect.

"You're adored here." I tell him once we're on the main street.

"No, just respected." He waves at a few kids who are shouting for him. "I don't believe a true leader can lead if they don't fully understand who they're leading. I make sure that I respect everyone and ideally, that leads to them respecting me."

My body instantly turns to a flower store that has a few plants and flowers lined up outside. I glance at a few house plants as I speak, "Do you often interact with your pack?"

"All the time. Other than education, we like to promote community." He says from just behind me. I turn to face him and see he's staring at me intently. Head to the side, looking like a total snack.

Yum...

Just as I'm about to ask him something, I hear someone call out my name. I turn to see Eli and his mate with a large group of friends. "Well, if it isn't the girl who broke our beer chugging record," Eli boasts. It looks like he's about to give me a hug until he notices Matthew standing next to me. He bows his head, smile unwavering, "Alpha."

Matthew has a thin lined smile, something that looks almost regal more so than nice. "Hello Eli."

Eli turns his attention back to me, "I don't know how much you remember from last night, but you're one to watch for."

His mate joins him, giving me a beautiful smile. "You were incredible, dear. How you managed to accomplish that much beer in such a short time is beyond me."

Eli faces Matthew, "You should have seen her, Alpha. She beat Sage's record. This one was just chugging my beer like it was water. No gag reflex or anything."

I practically die in that instant. My face turning scarlet red, my hand reaching up to cover my eyes while I try to imagine the world swallowing me whole. I can feel Matthew staring at me, and when I finally take a peek, he looks both amused and salacious. It only adds to my flushed face.

He's so turned on, my wolf drools. Let's jump him.

"I'll make sure to stop by next week," Matthew says his eyes never leaving me. "I'll have to see if I can beat the new record-holder."

We say our goodbyes to Eli and his mate, but as we walk by his group of friends, my memories start flooding and I quickly recognize several of them. They nod at the Alpha in respect, followed by tapping me on the shoulder or shouting my name in encouragement, "Nice going Mia!"

"That was embarrassing," I mumble under my breath. I hadn't noticed that I had taken a few steps away from Matthew until his hand reached for the small of my back and he gently pulls me to his side.

He lets out a chuckle, "I would say I'm fairly amused. I didn't peg you as a beer chugging champion."

I have no comment, I just feel his hand on my back. It makes it hard to focus on anything else.

Matthew shows me around his pack's Old Grounds. As we walk through, I get a small history lesson about the town. How it was founded by werewolves hundreds of years ago when the Alpha King immigrated here. How he's the Alpha because his bloodline goes back to one of the founders. He tells me about the stores that are currently in town and can even name who they belong to. He'll tell me who has mates and who's still seeking theirs. There are schools in the town for younger families, and of course, the university. So, by the time we're done strolling, we find ourselves at one of the most popular streets, what many have now coined as the Food District.

Alongside the lake, there are several restaurants and bars. Matthew pulls me along to his favorite one. He tells me that I can't tell anyone that it's his favorite or else the other restaurant owners will kill him. It makes me giggle softly, his expression softening into a smile.

Just as we're walking into the restaurant, Matthew walks over to the bar where he begins to converse with the bartender. I look around the restaurant and to no surprise, I encounter some of my students and friends.

"Mia," Tyler's gaze meets mine and he smiles brightly. He stands up from the table of eight, walking over to me and giving me a quick hug. "Finally made it to Old Town!"

"Hey Prof," A few of my students give me smiles and greetings. They all seem excited to see me and even pull up a chair so I can sit with them. "Join us! We're just about to order."

"Sorry guys," I can't wipe the smile off my face. It feels weird to say this, but...they like me. They're not rolling their eyes or pushing me around. They genuinely want me to be a part of their group. "I'm actually here with someone."

Tyler places his arm over my shoulders, pulling me into the group like we're suddenly huddling in a team meeting. "No way you've been holding out on us."

"You've never mentioned this at practice." One girl Tyler and I usually train with looks absolutely intrigued.

"Practice?" A guy who I've never seen before looks utterly confused.

"This is the she-wolf I was telling you about," Tyler says pointing his fingers at me like I'm some sort of celebrity. "She's the one who kicked Hudson's ass."

"Oh shit," the guy perks up. "You're the She-Warrior! Oh man, Hudson was fuming that a girl beat him. Good for you."

"Wait," One of my students raises her hand—clearly forgetting we're not in class. "You're the She-Warrior and my professor. That's fucking wild."

Tyler starts retelling the story of when I sparred with Hudson—one of the stronger males in our class. The guy had it coming for him. Too egocentric and he reminded me all too well of Sparta. His muscles so big that it inhibits him from being quick and fast.

We all hear someone clearing their throat behind us. I turn to face Matthew, who's eyes are locked on Tyler's arm. Everyone stands up, facing Matthew and straightening their backs, bowing their heads in recognition. Tyler drops his arm from my shoulders, completely oblivious of Matthew staring with his head bowed down.

"Alpha," Everyone practically choruses. I can feel the aura pulsating off of Matthew, his eyes finally falling on me.

"Shall we?" He asks and extends his tattooed hand, my heart fluttering. He wants to hold my hand in public?

I try to play it cool, quickly glancing at my friends and students. "See you guys' on Monday."

I take Matthew's hand, feeling my heart pound so hard against my chest I can practically hear my blood flow. Matthew's hand is so large compared to mine, his fingers rough, and touch warm. I instantly feel pulled to his side, my wolf basking in the attention and physical touch we're receiving. I can't even help myself at this point. The flutters in the pit of my stomach are entirely foreign to me.

I ignore the occasional stare we receive as Matthew leads me to the patio door in the back. Just outside, the restaurant has a beautiful deck that overlooks the lake. There aren't a lot of tables and chairs, it seems to be used for casual conversation and drinking. But in the very corner of the deck, there's one small patio table with a chair. It's quiet out here, and quite secluded. I can almost imagine Matthew coming here alone to enjoy the view of the Valley. From this position, we can see the mountains curving along the lake, the trees that line the horizon, and even a little hint of the university in the distance.

"Here you are Alpha," One of the servers says bringing out another chair. She sets it down just across from the table. He says a quick thank you and once she's out of sight, Matthew pulls the chair from opposite of me and places it right by my side so that we're both facing the lake. My brain going completely blank when I feel his leg brush up against mine.

His head turns to me as soon as we're sitting, "I already ordered for us. I hope that's alright."

"I trust you." I smile, leaning my elbows on the table and turning my attention to him instead of the beautiful view in front of us. Matthew's body is turned towards the lake, but I can feel the corner of his eyes staring at me. For a few seconds, nothing is said so I decide to break the silence first, "Well...You've gotten to meet some of my friends and students."

"You seem quite close." Matthew says with his fist on the table as his thumb plays with this ring.

I shrug, "Only to some of them. There were a few students who come to my office hours. But I'm mostly close to my sparring partners. Tyler in particular just because we're the top of our class and practice together on Thursdays."

A low growl ripples from Matthew's chest. He usually tries to cover it up with a cough but decides against it now. I notice him close his eyes, his fist clenching harder. I try not to feel my ego inflate slightly, so instead I place my hand on his. His eyes snap open, I turn so that I can see the humorless expression on his face.

"You're not jealous? Are you, Matthew?" I ask quietly. My saying his name causes him to relax slightly, the intensity of his gaze finally falling on me.

Except now he pushes a devilish smile, "And if I were?"

I gulp at the way he's staring at me. Like he could eat me alive right here and right now if he wanted to. A chill of excitement runs through me causing the hairs on the back of my neck to stand.

"He's just a friend," I reply curtly. Trying my best to keep my composure.

"You've stated that before." Matthew turns his body towards me, shifting his chair and mine so that we're facing one another. He did it so effortlessly I'm impressed. Our legs are sandwiched between one another, and our proximity so close my olfaction overloaded with Amberwood, coffee, and books. It makes me feel calm and excited and gets my wolf so worked up. She's begging me to jump him.

"My wolf and I have grown quite fond of you, Mia." His eyes so close I can see the tints of brown in the dark green. I snap my attention to him when he says my name. Trying hard to keep my wolf's purr down in the depths of my body.

I bite my lip, Matthew's stare flicking to it. "Have you now?"

"Your presence and your scent is intoxicating," Matthew leans forward taking a deep breath. Eyes closing just as I notice them going darker. "Like Rosewood and books."

Do you think he'll kiss us? I ask my wolf

Goddess, I hope he fucks us, she replies without hesitation.

You're a terrible influence, I shut her up quickly. Blocking her entirely.

"I..." My voice catches in my throat when Matthew opens his eyes. Staring at me in a way that creates feeling I've never had before. In a small voice I finally admit it, "I've grown quite fond of you too."

Matthew's lips turn into a grin, placing his hand on my leg and leaning in so slightly that my breath catches in the back of my throat. It suddenly feels incredibly hot, and I can almost taste Matthew's lips on mine.

That is, until we hear the patio door open, and I snap out of my trance like I've been awakened by ice water. My face is completely and utterly red, my focus turning to the lake as the waitress comes by to set down the food on our table. Matthew hasn't moved at all. His head has tilted slightly to the side, a smirk on his lips. While the waitress sets everything down, he doesn't even bother acknowledging her presence.

"Anything else, Alpha?" The waitress asks politely.

"No that'll be everything, thank you." Matthew's eyes still glued to the side of my face. She promptly leaves, either oblivious to what's happening or eager to the get the hell out.

I know he's staring at me, and I know he's waiting for me to say something. So, I end up deciding to play with him slightly. I point at his plate, smirking as I take a bite of my own food, "Your food is going to get cold."

"That's alright," Matthew grins happily. There's something in that smile. Like he's both content with himself but also turned on at my sudden comment. He turns his body back towards the lake, the side of his leg still brushing against the side of mine.

He takes one bite, his side eye giving me a wink, "I'm more of a dessert man anyways."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

159K 7K 46
Regal Eclipse Pack Series is now available on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CT96742X?binding=kindle_edition&ref=dbs_dp_rwt_sb_pc_tkin Book 2 of...
138K 2.7K 46
(Don't expect too much from this book. It's not the best and it's kind of twisty) She just wants to be normal. Isn't that what most people long for...
1.7M 52.6K 51
When Orla gets into the Private Lupus University, she meets people who may not be people at all. As she learns to navigate a new world of supernatura...
1.1M 29.8K 23
I was eating my favourite- sticky chicken wings, when I heard a fierce possessive growl. I thought it was my stomach, possessive over the food, but i...