Cowboys & Angels

بواسطة taylorchasewrites

"I've got boots and she's got wings I'm hell on wheels and she's heavenly I'd die for her and she lives for m... المزيد

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Epilogue

Eighteen

908 20 1
بواسطة taylorchasewrites

We turned two worlds into one
Everything we said we'd do has been said and done
My oh my, I can't get you out of mind
So why would I even try?
I knew that it was coming but I didn't see it coming now
Little did I know you had the finger l'd be wrapped around
One look at you I saw everything I'd ever need
And you don't know what you do to me

Tie Me Down x Taylor Ray Holbrook

Jake

Today marks week 36 of Beckham's pregnancy and she is so done with it. God love her, Emmy Jett is using her rib cage as boxing ring and bouncing all over, her feet are swollen, and she's having pretty gnarly Braxton Hicks contractions.l so she's been put on bed rest until Emersyn gets here. She's trying so hard to be tough about it and not complain, but I can tell she's miserable. I try everything I can from foot or back rubs, bringing her all of her favorite drinks or snacks, and sitting through all 3 seasons of Love Is Blind on Netflix with her. Full disclosure, that show is my guilty pleasure. Nix also got Rooster to watch it so "we have something other than work to talk about" when they come visit, but I think he's secretly the one who enjoys it. Beckham has a doctors appointment tomorrow and I'm hopeful they're gonna schedule an induction date in the next two weeks, it kills me to see her so uncomfortable, especially since it's technically my fault. She's reminded me of this more than once, but quickly apologizes for being mad at me every time. I keep telling her I'd be more than ok if she wanted to be mad at me, but she said her being mad at me for it is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die; it only causes her problems. In the meantime, I've looked up what can help induce labor naturally. With her being on bed rest, she's not allowed to walk any distances further than across the house, so long walks are out of the question. Spicy foods are another option, but Beckham's heartburn is so bad right now that it's also off the table. She tried some mildly spicy wings the other night and the reflux it caused was so bad that she puked.

Which brings us to the last option. Sex. I'm very much onboard with this, but Beckham hasn't been too enthusiastic about it because she claims she's as big as our house and isn't attractive. Now, I highly disagree with that statement and still find her just as sexy as I did the day I met her. So, I plan on showing her just that. Operation: seduce my wife is a go! Mav has taken me off of duty for anything non life threatening until after Emersyn is born, so my time and attention is allllll on Beckham. Granted, if she doesn't want to be touched and would rather cut my dick off than have sex, I will hand her the knife to do it myself. I really hate how helpless I am in all of this. At least after Emmy is born, I can help take care of her. Right now all of the work falls squarely on Beck's adorable shoulders. Since my angel of a wife is napping at the moment, I take the opportunity to put my plan into motion. I place a couple of her favorite Strawberry Pound Cake scented candles from Bath & Body Works around the tub, and yes, I know what and where they come from because I pay attention to the small things...and that shit smells amazing so of course I made sure I knew where to get it. I grab the marshmallow lavender scented epsom salt her OB recommended and set it by the side of the tub as well. I'll run the water during phase one of my plan so it's the perfect temperature for her. Apparently, warm baths are great for helping with Braxton Hicks contractions and obviously also helps take some tension out of her sore muscles.

With the bathtub set up, I move on to get the cliche chocolate covered strawberries and the Welch's Sparkling Rosé grape juice I found at Target out of the fridge. Basic white boy shit, I know. But I'll do anything at this point to make her smile. I also did check with her OB about having sex since she's on bed rest. I was informed that as long as it's not anything "vigorous or physically draining" that it was fine. Works out for me anyway, since the goal is to make her feel loved, cherished, and relaxed. Not fucked hard. That'll be for wayyyy after she's cleared down the road. I have sisters, so I've been made aware of what a hormonal mess a newly postpartum mom can feel like. Before I get too ahead of myself, I hook my phone up to the Bluetooth speaker we have set up in the kitchen for later and head back to our room to cuddle up to Beckham until she wakes up.

About half an hour later, she stirs awake when Emmy does a full body roll and stretches, nudging the hand I have placed on Beckham's belly in the process. "Good afternoon, gorgeous," I whisper with a smile when her eyes find mine.

"Hello, handsome. A girl could get used to waking up with a stud like you wrapped around her," she grins back at me.

"I have a surprise for you in the kitchen whenever you're ready," I lean in and kiss her forehead. Her eyes light up as her smile widens.

"You always have the best surprises, I'm excited!" Beckham props herself up on her elbows and waits for me to come help her the rest of the way up. It's a routine we've perfected over the last two weeks, I get up and walk around to her side of the bed and pull her upright so she doesn't have to strain herself more than she needs to. Once she's steady on her feet, I gently cup her face and bring my lips to hers for a loving kiss. This kind of kiss is one I know always melts her into a puddle, and the look in her eyes proves my prediction right when we pull apart. I quickly pull out my phone to start the playlist we've made together over the years and bend down to scoop her up from under her knees, my other arm banding around her back.

"What are you doing, cowboy!" She squeals with a giggle.

"A queen like you deserves to be waited on hand and foot, my dear!" I smirk, earning an eye roll from Beck.

"You're full of shit, but I'll allow it because I know you love showing off those big manly muscles," she sticks her tongue at me, the corners of my mouth turning upwards in response. We make our way into the kitchen, music softly flowing through the space, and I set Beckham down on top of the counter.

"Ok, quick pit stop in the kitchen for a little sweetness.  Close your eyes and don't move a muscle, short stack," I softly command. She complies and I turn around to grab the yummies and place them next to her.

"Ok pretty girl, open 'em," I tell her.

Her eyes pop open and she softly smiles. "Jake!  This is so sweet, thank you!"  Her eyes water a little before she continues, "I have missed my rosé, and this is a wonderful replacement for the time being."  She leans in and kisses me after she sips her drink. While she's occupied with that, I take off to start the bath. After quickly dumping some of the salt in the tub, I run the water a little warmer than I know she likes it so it won't be too cold by the time I carry her back in.   With the candles lit, I dim the lights and connect to the speaker in the bathroom too (thank God for smart speakers in every room of our house) then head back to my girl while the water is running. 

"Your chariot, my love," I hold my arms out for her with a smile.  "Grab your snackies, it's relaxing time.  Up you go!"  She grabs her glass in one hand and wraps that arm around my neck, then balances the plate on her belly, pulling a chuckle from me.

"What?  I'm taking advantage of my own personal tabletop while I can," she shrugs innocently.  I carry her back down the hall and into the bathroom, which is already smelling like freshly baked cupcakes.  Beckham lets out a surprised gasp when she sees the room. 

"You made me my own little spa?"  She asks with a quivering lip. 

"I get some time to completely devote my attention to you, I'm pulling out all the stops, darlin'."  I smile and settle her on her feet.  She places her glass and plate on the bathroom counter and pulls me into a hug, nuzzling her nose in my chest. 

"Mmm, you always smell so good," she murmurs into my shirt, making me grin.  The song on the speaker changes and I turn it up before clasping her hand in mine and bringing it to my chest.  We slowly start to sway, eventually shifting into lazy circles.  Once the song ends, I pull back and kiss the tip of Beckham's nose before helping her step out of her clothes and into the tub. 

"You have two packages to choose from, sweetheart.  The first, is me leaving you in here to enjoy the music and soak in peace while I go do some laundry.  The second quite literally comes with a package, mine." I pause to wink before continuing. "It also includes me joining you in the tub and rub your feet, your shoulders, your belly, anything.  I'm more than happy with either one you choose, I just wanna do what I can to help."

"Hmmmm, that's a really tough decision.  A Jake Seresin special massage that includes your abs pressed up against me, or you on the other side of the house while I'm in here all by my lonesome?"  She taps her chin like she's deep in thought before turning back to me.  "Strip, cowboy."

"Yes ma'am!"  I happily oblige and join her in the tub, slipping behind her.  I rub her neck and the knots I feel are ridiculous.

"Beck, baby, your shoulders are so tense.  Why didn't you say anything sooner?" I ask, concerned. 

"You've already been working so hard and doing so much, I didn't wanna bother you any more than I already do," she replies, looking down.  I shift to the side and grab her chin, turning it to face me. 

"Beckham Emory Seresin, you will absolutely never be a bother to me and taking care of you makes me so happy.  You're doing the heavy lifting here and I hate I can't do more to make you feel better.  Let me help, ok?"

Beckham's eyes lock on mine before she answers me with a smile.  "Fine fine, I guess I'll let you help a little more." 

Once we're settled, she snorts and cackles.

"What are you laughing at, tiny?"

"I'm literally a human submarine right now!" 

Once I process what she means, we fall into a fit of laughter because she's right.  I do everything I promised, rubbing every ache away as she sips her juice and nibbles her strawberry.  We soak until the water is cool, then finally climb out with pruny fingers and toes.  "I have one last present for you, my darling wife.  Wait right here."  I pad to the closet with a towel wrapped around my waist and retrieve a small gift bag then set it on the counter.  I help Beckham out of the tub and towel her off before handing her the bag. 

"Open it, pretty girl," I urge and she does.  She pulls out a silky rose gold colored robe that I had ordered for her a few weeks ago when towels stopped fitting around her belly.  I wanted her to feel beautiful while also being comfy, and I was so excited it came in today. 

"Do you like it?"  I questioned, worried I might have hurt her feelings since tears welled in her eyes again.  It's so hard knowing whether she's upset or happy lately, so I wait anxiously for her response.

She sniffles, "I love it so much.  You're so damn good to me."   The soft fabric slides over her skin as I help her slip it on then lean down to kiss the crown of her head and cup her face between my hands.

"I don't think I'll ever be able to tell you just how much I love you. How much I adore you.  How beautiful, how stunning I think you are.  I absolutely married up and some days I'm still shocked you haven't realized it yet.  You're the best thing to ever happen to me."

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

98K 1.6K 33
"Aw baby, do I need to explain the difference between harder and faster?" -Beckham "Do I need to remind you of the difference between hold on and hol...
147K 3.3K 14
━━━━━ 𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐘, ORIGINAL.°★ )) IN WHICH top guns best aviators are reunited for a suicide mission. unexpected feelings start to form for a sp...
24.8K 594 25
Your sister Ridley has passed away, leaving behind her ten-year-old daughter, Sadie. The Dagger Squad goes out of its way to ensure you and Sadie hav...
13.2K 245 13
A sequel to "Make You Feel My Love" (but you could probably read this without reading the first book too) Hangman x OC (Abigail) #3 in Maverick (...