Help Me Out? (Seongjoong)

By jeanbootswiththefur

Seonghwa had a huge crush on someone who went to his high school. And now. That same person was going to his... More

~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
~27~
~28~
~29~
~30~
~31~
~32~
~33~

~8~

472 26 6
By jeanbootswiththefur

[comments are always very welcome!]

|~|

A seven o'clock biology class first thing in the morning wasn't exactly my first choice, but it's what I chose.

Not only because I know Chanhee was in this class, but also because it would handle my required science class, which in turn means I won't have to take one later in the year.

I looked over the classroom. Everyone looking equally as tired as I was. Most people were at the party last night, which means a lot of hangovers. I for one was not hungover, I was really just this tired.

I finally found the small pink haired boy, laughing and smiling with Jongho. He seemed to be the only person in the whole room who was smiling.

Jongho had gone to the same highschool as us. And was actually one of the only people who ever talked to me. Sitting with me at lunch most days. We never exchanged numbers, or ever became friends, and I sort of regret that. He was always so sweet.

I walked three rows deep, trying to think of the seat Chanhee would sit in, trying to maybe, just maybe sit next to him.

Chanhee sits in the chair right next to where I was planning to sit. Yes.
"Is anyone sitting here?"
I speak out, pointing at the chair. My voice coming out as a barley audible whisper. Between that, and my embarrassment, I don't even attempt to repeat myself, simply deciding to sit further away.

Nice. Good job on fallowing through, Hwa. You're doin great.

I plop myself into the uncomfortable chair. And try my best to brush off my embarrassment, and focus on the class. Pulling out my notebook and pen, preparing everything to make good notes.

My eyes flicker to Chanhee to the right in front of me. Noticing the chair untaken. The seat that could've easily been mine.

Right as the professor is adjusting his mic to his height, the door slams open against the wall and in walks none other than Kim Hongjoong. Late.

I duck my head down. Praying he doesn't see me. I pretend to be taking notes, fully emersed in every syllabled I place down. I watch him out of the corner of my eye. He squeezes by some people walking up to take the empty chair right... By... Me...

Of course.

His eyes fixated on my frame. I keep mine locked on my notebook.
"You know your man's sitting down there."
He practically screams.
"Shhhhhhh. Shut the fuck up"
I frantically look to see if Chanhee heard. Luckily, Jongho was still keeping a steady conversation with him.

"Why didn't you sit by him?"
Hongjoong asked.
"Why don't you go sit by him?"
I ask.
"Or literally anywhere else?"
I gestures the the hundreds of empty seats elsewhere.

Hongjoong snorted.
"You've had time to think. What's the thought?"

I silently glared at him. Promptly turning my attention back to the professor, who is finally introducing himself. He goes over the simple rules, and rants of "this isn't highschool" and "no show means you fail" and on.

All of it seemed a little dramatic for a class I can simply retake later.

As class starts. I begin taking notes. A pale hand slides across my notebook. A very pretty hand, I must admit, but that doesn't stop me from smack it. Hongjoong retracts his hand.
"Hey! I just need to barrow a pencil, fuck."
He whisper yelled.
"Oh my God. Here"
I toss a pencil in his direction. Why would he bring a writing utensil, to I don't know write with.

I notice I classical music sheet lying on his notebook. I didn't peg Kim Hongjoong to be someone to be able to play, or read, classical music.

Not that I had thought of him.

Or his dumb offer.

I hadn't thought of him at all...

I glace over to Chanhee, looking at the chair I could've simply sat in rather then stupidly asking, I think about the galss doors of his dorm closing behind him last night.

I could've sat next to him.

"If she's into you. Why is the holy hell would she go out with me?"
I whisper, more to myself than to Hongjoong, but he answers anyway.
"Not if you don't ask him he won't go out with you."
He says writing notes in clean handwriting, his eyes never leaving he paper.
"He doesn't even know me. I can't just ask him."
I whisper back. Both of pretended to write notes.
"I would. And I just met him last night."
Hongjoong quickly replied.
"I'm no where near as attractive as you are."
I respond. Looking to the pretty orange haired boy next to me. He had the same black denim jacket on from last night, still wearing all the same rings.

"I think you're pretty attractive."
He simply says, suddenly making eye contact with me.
M

y heart raced. It was all I could hear. Hongjoong's eyes stayed on me. Before he quietly laughed. He laid his head in his arms, so his best to muffle the laughs that were beginning to louden.

"Sorry. It was just your expression. Surprised? You didn't expect me to tell you you're pretty? Why's that?"
Hongjoong asked, he wasn't actually interested in the answer. He was a tease, and he knew it.
"Fuck off Hongjoong. Take you notes."
I replied. Determined not to let his flirtyness get to me. This is how he had to be with everyone. Not just me.

Not that he had flirted with Chanhee, at least not directly, or in front of me. But that doesn't mean anything. He just wants me to give into him.

Give into him... Helping me?
That genuinely didn't make sense. But I choose to push that to the back of my mind.

I focus myself back on the professor. Begging for the class to just end. Wanting to put distance between me and Hongjoong.

The class finally ended. I slipped out of my isle, rushing to the door while the others in the class began to file out. I was standing directly behind Chanhee.

A sweatered are pushed through the crowd. Tapping Chanhee on the shoulder with my pencil.

Fucking Hongjoong.

Chanhee spun around.
"Oh! Hi Seonghwa!"
He greeted smiling brightly.
"I didn't know you were in this class? How'd it go for you?"
He sweetly asked.

I stood there in silence a moment.
"Uh- uh- good. It... Uhm. It's gets me through my required science class."
I struggle through the most simple sentence.
"Ah! Me too. Science isn't really my thing."

What I wanted to say was "yeah. I know. You like writing." But I didn't want to come off weird, that I know that small tidbit about him. I also didn't want to accidentally agree he was bad at science. So I just smiled and nodded.
"Well, we're off."
He said, grabbing Jongho's hand, and dragging him out of the room.
"Bye."
I lightly waved my hand, not that he could see, but I did it anyway.

I finally slipped out of the room. Walking down the hallway to the lunch hall, or just back to my dorm. I felt someone grab my right arm dragging me into the bathroom. And of course. It just had to of been Hongjoong's hand.

"Okay. What do you want?"
I ask, straight faced.
"To talk to you."
He said. His hands coming up to my shoulders in a 'calming' manner.
"I don't need you help, can I leave?"
I jerk his hands off my body, but not stepping back.
"No. You need help. And I'm gonna help you. Listen. I saw how many fingers you kept up, and I know why. You focus too much on the 'never', if you keep doing that, you'll never do anything, you will never find the things you like."

I have to admit. He wasn't wrong. As much as I wanted to stand here, and argue with him, I couldn't. I appreciated his brutal honestly, it reminded me of how my dad would give me advice, the way my mom would complain about that. Hongjoong didn't seem to be interested in sugarcoated things.

"What's in it for you?"
I ask. Because I was interested in why someone like Hongjoong, an obviously well experienced person, would want to help someone like me just to be helpful. He had to be getting something out of it.
"Out of the goodness, and kindness of my heart."
Hongjoong replied, resting a hand against his chest. Really getting the false statement across.
"I'm calling bullshit. Why do you want to help me."
I repeat my question.
"Fine, fine. I have a problem. With my sorta kinda, boyfriend. He thinks I'm a shitty person-"

"He sounds smart."
I cut him off. Hongjoong actually laughs, at the insult-?
"Accurate. But I want to show him I'm a semi-decent person."
Hongjoong replies. And there does seem to be at least a hint of honesty.

What do I have to lose. Nothing really. I'd rather fail then never try, I guess.

"Fine."

A/N

An update on life that no one asked for.
There's the little black and white stray cat that keeps staring at me through my windows. And he's so sweet, and little, and I love him. I also named him Oscar. But this little man watches me while I SHOWER. And I straight up thought he was a human man today, and I about had a stroke.

Anyway. I was fallowing him around, because we were vibing, and I'm apparently a child. But he started walking out into the very busy street, and I again almost had a stroke. So I ran after the little dude, and fell into a hole(?) Of sorts. Worst part here. I had no shoes on. So I also managed to tear my foot up a little. But I kept the kitten from going in the street. So I don't even care.

Anyway. Enjoy your day/night!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.2K 1.7K 20
Wooyoung wants to loose his virginity before starting college and before some stranger takes it from him, he asks San. Both agreed to be friends wit...
74.8K 2.5K 56
[ COMPLETE] no matter who it is, it depends on what you feel towards the other person. even if they are the goddess or baddest, you'll be able to ri...
1.1M 67K 90
{COMPLETE} if there's something i've learnt from a million mistakes, you're the one that i want at the end of the day. seongjoong au where seonghwa...
11.2K 484 16
Hongjoong is known around campus for being a slut. Throwing himself at anyone, at any time. Seonghwa was known for having straight As... Well. And f...