lovestruck † hs

By the1dfanfics

"Who hurt you so much that you started to hate yourself?" Quickly I change the subject. I am not going to cr... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
The Last Chapter

Chapter 18

2.3K 68 24
By the1dfanfics

Harry's POV

This is going to be a good date.

At least that is what I keep reminding myself as we run out to my car in the pouring rain. No storm will get in my way, nothing can. I need to make sure I don't fuck this up for myself too, but there's always a chance of that happening. I just have to show Rachel that I can be who she needs, and it's a shit load of pressure. More than I thought it would be. I haven't been this nervous in a while. I can't even remember the last time I had this many butterflies in my stomach, not even for a concert.

I help Rachel into the car then hurry over to my side. Once I get in, I glance over to see her beaming at me, always such a beautiful sight to see, and a smile grows on my face.

"I guess we dressed somewhat similar?" She says to me, gesturing to her very beautiful blouse.

When I first saw her at the door today I nearly lost it. Her outfit...just damn. Too many dirty thoughts came to mind.

"Seems we did, though you look way better." I reply, raising my brows as I drive us into the city.

I'm rewarded with her cute laugh and I can tell blushes. I love that I can make her react that way.

I decide to place my hand on her thigh, something I think she's come to enjoy. Rachel answers my thoughts by placing her hand over mine, and I entwine our fingers. Nothing can go wrong tonight.

Just as I'm about to compliment Rachel for her lovely low neckline, my cell phone decides to interrupt.

Really? Now?

This better be important because I really don't want to let go of her hand. When I go to grab my phone, I hear her whimper which makes me feel like shit.

"Hello?" I ask into the speaker, already annoyed. Realizing I didn't check it before, I look back at the caller ID and see it's my security.

What do they want?

Soon my ear is filled with new sudden info that my reservation plans for two at the restaurant got out and the paps are waiting at the restaurant and a few are at my fucking apartment.

You've got to be fucking kidding me?

"What do you mean they know?! How the hell does someone find this out? It was the restaurant wasn't it? Fuck!" I shout at the phone.

I get that it's not my security's fault but I have no one else to yell at. I should have known I couldn't trust that fucking restaurant. Just wanting attention and publicity for themselves. I spoke too soon about our night being ruined. I hate myself because somehow everything for me gets screwed up. I hang up the stupid phone and shove it back into my pocket.

"Harry? Is everything alright?" Rachel asks me, placing her hand over mine and rubbing softly over my knuckles which are clenched to my leg now.

"Ugh...no. The paparazzi found out about my reservations at the restaurant I chose for us tonight and they are waiting there for us. We can't fucking go there now."

Rachel's POV

That was unexpected...

Harry is slowly cooling down as I continue to stroke his hand gently. His temper was through the roof! I feel so bad for him, he looks so disappointed now. Somewhat defeated.

"Erm, h-how about my place? Should we just go there?" He stops at a light and turns to me, running his hands through the curls of his hair.

I can see the nerves in his eyes and yet his expression is a little unreadable. He looks..vulnerable? Harry, vulnerable?

No way.

"That sounds lovely," I smile at him, hoping to put him at ease.

We make a u-turn and drive to his place. As we arrive, I see a few men with cameras at the door to the building. Wow, they'd even wait in the pouring rain to snap a picture. That's so sad and horrible, and I feel bad for celebrities having to go through this constantly.

What's odd is that I haven't seen this part of Harry's life much, the celebrity part. It's all new to me. Surprising too that I haven't seen much of it considering how famous he is.

Once they see Harry's car, their cameras start flashing. My instinct tells me to look down and I follow its orders. Harry drives past them which confuses me, but then I see he is trying to park so he can enter through the side entrance, which luckily has no one in sight.

We park the car and sprint to the door, hand in hand, in the rain which seems to have gotten worse. Right before we enter a flash goes off to my right and the last thing I see of the outside is a paparazzi man snapping our photo.

Damnit.

When Harry and I make it to the lobby I see the few cameramen trying to get in and take more pictures but luckily the bellhops are trying their best to keep them out. This is really a fancy apartment building, and they seem to care for their famous tenants and that's a good thing. We enter the elevator, the doors close, and we are finally safe from the public. Harry sighs loudly and I know it's from relief. I don't blame him.

Soon we enter his apartment still in silence. Harry shuts the door behind me and runs to his window. He moves the curtain aside and carefully peeks out before quickly shutting it back.

"They are leaving finally," Harry walks over to me and reaches for my hand with uncertainty. "I'm so sorry. This is all turning into shit. I'm such a fuck up."

He bows his head, his curls falling around him as he takes my hand and holds it to his chest. I move my other hand to lift his chin so he would face me.

"Harry, don't think like that. This isn't turning out bad at all." I tell him and smile an assuring smile.

His eyes lock on mine and he gives me a hint of a smile. There's my Harry. He doesn't need to be thinking that way. This night just got started and this little bump in the road is something we can pass.

Harry gives my hand a small squeeze before moving to turn on the lights.

"Well then, I guess we should eat something right?" he grins as he guides me to the kitchen. He lets go of me and I walk to lean against the counter. Harry opens his refrigerator and frowns a little. "Not much to choose from, maybe I can cook-"

A sudden loud roar of thunder sounds from the outside and I jump as a really loud gasp escapes from my mouth. It's the loudest thunder I think I've ever heard, and my reaction shows it.

Next thing I know, Harry is instantly by my side, his hands around me, holding my slightly shaking body to his chest gently. The lights begin to flicker and I find my hands around Harry's waist, holding him tighter. The lights go out along with another strong clap of thunder and my hands grasp the fabric of Harry's button up.

"The power's out," Harry giggles, stating the obvious as he looks down at me, still holding me and protecting me in his arms.

From the darkness, I barely see his expression turn into more humor and his dimples make their welcomed appearance.

"What?" I flush, wondering what's so funny.

"Scared of a little thunder, baby?" He smirks.

I feel his hands slowly moving down lower on my waist. I don't even bother to correct him which surprises me. I feel safer now in his arms, no matter where they are.

"It's never been my thing," I feel the shade of red on my face getting deeper as my embarrassment grows. Harry laughs a little, but luckily we are in the dark and I don't think he can see me and my red face.

Thunder breaks our silence along with a bright flash of lightening that shines through his window and I feel my body jerk against his. I wish the storm would stop.

"Let's get some light in here," Harry suggests as he takes my hand and leads me back to the living room.

He tells me to sit on the couch and I comply. Harry then takes his phone from his pocket and directs me to do the same. He turns on the flashlight and so do I.

"Now wait here while I get some candles. If you get scared call for me, please," he says before he heads off down the hallway. All I can do is smile. I love how sweet he is.

Minutes later, numerous candles are lit all around the living room, kitchen, and his room. Harry enters from the kitchen with a bottle of wine and two glasses, slices of bread, and container of peanut butter and jam on a tray.

"Well it's not much, but it's all I have since the power's gone," Harry grins as he sets it on the table in front of me. He fills my glass before his own.

I pick up my wine glass and take a sip.

"Wine tastes good, and I really, really love peanut butter," I tell him as he joins me on the couch.

We sit in silence, except for the rain pouring against the window. The living room actually looks quite beautiful in the dimness of just the candles. Sort of, romantic I suppose.

I look over at Harry and my eyes go a bit wide. He looks so handsome in the candle light; like an angel, as it reflects on his tanned skin. I don't understand why he bothers to wear a shirt, if he just buttons half of it, and I won't deny, it's very attractive. He sips his wine and grabs for a slice of bread from the table and begins to spread jam on it. I can't seem to peel my eyes away from him.

"So shall we do something or should I let you keep checking me out?" Harry turns to me and chuckles. My cheeks go red again and he can finally see them now.

"Then what do you suggest?" I ask to take the attention off myself.

"Um..how about a game?" Harry asks as a smile grows on his face; a very suspicious one.

Hmm...

I tilt my head. "And what sort of game would this be?"

"Ever heard of truth or dare?"

I begin to laugh, "Isn't that something you play as a kid? I think the last time I played it was in middle school and I was dared to kiss a boy."

Harry's laugh echoes in my ears and I try to contain my smile.

"Well who knows what will happen tonight? Come on, we've got nothing else to do. Well, we do have a lot of things we could do, but I'll wait until you want to that." He rubs my back jokingly before I lightly swat at his arm.

"Okay, sure, why not," I finally agree.

There is no harm to this, it's just an innocent game. An innocent game children play, but maybe it will be fun?

Harry gestures for me to sit on the carpet covered floor. I lean my back against the table in front of the couch and bend my legs while Harry sits across at an angle from me, leaning himself against the couch and stretching his long legs out.

"Who goes first?"

"You can ask me first," Harry says before finishing his wine, and serving himself some more.

"Alrighty then, truth or dare?" I raise a brow and smile.

"Dare." Harry grins a cocky grin.

I'm not to surprised, I thought he would choose it.

The best idea pops into my mind and I mentally high-five myself.

"I dare you to let me pick up your hair how ever I want." I grin, proud of my dare.

Harry laughs as he shakes his head, glaring at me. "I can't believe you're taking a pass on my hair. Such a dick move baby.." The usual sensation runs through me with his dirty words.

"Sorry, but I have been wanting to do this since for a looong time." I giggle as I get up and run to my purse on the kitchen bar.

Usually for dance I carry a ton of rubber bands there just in case I forget one. I take out as many as I can find and put them on my arm. I move back to Harry and look down, wondering where it's best to sit. I really want to get one of the ponytails right at the front of his head but that would mean I'd have to sit-

"Why don't you sit on my lap?" Harry finishes my thoughts exactly.

Well I guess if I have permission...

I kneel down and then move my leg over Harry's, one knee bent on each side of him. Okay, sitting on his lap is a little more awkward than I thought it would be. Now I'm facing him directly, and I'm really close to him.

"Why don't you scoot up a little more?" Harry begins to smile as his hands come to my waist and pull me even closer to him, right over his..area.

Oh.

"Mmmm I could get used to this," Harry groans before laughing as my hands begin to comb through his hair. His hands remain on my butt and he squeezes me.

"Oh shut up!" I squeal as I pull his hair in punishment, but instead I get a moan out of him and his eyes automatically shut. I am unsure of what to make of what just happened.

Just as I am about to comb his hair, Harry's arm shoots up and grabs my wrist.

"Watch what you do with those hands, or else you'll be getting it," He threatens, his eyes sparking back open, staring way deep into my own. His threat causes my breathing to shift to a quicker speed. He lets go of me and I control myself before continuing the dare by combing his bangs.

Then I notice where Harry's eyes are.

"Well my eyes are up here, if you're wondering." I snap him out of his stare on my low neckline.

"Can't blame me for checking out the gorgeous view," He shows off his dimples again.

I really love his playful side, a little too much that it might be unhealthy.

"Weren't we playing a game?" I remind him with a hint of sarcasm in my words.

"Right, we were," he smiles so charmingly. "Truth or dare, love?"

He bites his lip as I begin to wrap the rubber band on his first ponytail.

As I'm about to say truth, Harry speaks again, "I know you're going to say truth."

"And why do you say that?" Or should I ask how does he know me that well.

"I dunno, you're one of those girls I guess. It's just expected." Harry shrugs like it's not a big deal.

"Dare." I say without thinking, just to prove him wrong.

Now I'm worried what he'll make me do. I bet that was just a mind game to make me say dare. Smart move...

I try to get the worry out of my mind and focus on the braid I'm making on his hair.

"I'll go easy on you, since you decided to go with dare," he smirks. "Hmm, let me keep my hands right here." Harry squeezes my bum again.

"Fine," I huff and return his greedy smile. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"I um, I dare you to keep your hair like this for the whole game." Is the best I come up with so quickly.

Harry glares at me as I tie the third ponytail sticking out the side of his head, but continues, "Truth or dare?"

"Dare," I bravely answer.

"Oh are we a bad girl now?" Harry dramatically gasps. I return his glare from earlier and shake my head. "Fine, I dare you to take off your shirt."

"Harry?! No way." I tell him and mean it, tugging at his hair a little, then remembering his threat from earlier so I stop. Though I'm curious to know his 'punishment'...

"It's a dare love," he smiles, informing me that he isn't serious.

At least I think he isn't.

"Harry you know I'm not doing that."

"Okay babe, fine. Maybe later. Why don't you...finish all the wine in your glass."

That's better. I finish the ponytail I was doing and grab my glass from the table behind me.

"Cheers!" I gesture sarcastically and drink it down, quicker than I probably should have. Harry refills my glass and fills his up a little more too.

I let out a breath. "Okay! Harry, truth or dare?" I ask him before continuing to style his long curls.

"How about a truth?"

I pretend I'm shocked. I think I kind of am. What should I ask? I finally have time figure something out of this mysterious man, but what do I want to know? Now all my questions disappear from my mind.

"Um, uh..what would you be doing if you weren't famous now?" That's the best I can come up with for now. The questions I want to ask have escaped me because I know I'm afraid to ask them.

"Well I'd probably be studying business or something like law. I'm unsure. I can't imagine doing anything else besides this." He replies with honesty, and I begin to admire him more.

"So, truth or dare?"

"Truth," I answer, it sounding more like a question than a statement.

"Why did you move to London?" His tone makes him sound very interested.

He always seems interested about my life for some reason. I don't understand it, my life is practically nothing, especially compared to his.

"I needed a change. An urgent change. If I stayed any longer, I don't know what would have happened to me." I answer as best and as truthfully as I can, trying not to let bad memories ruin tonight.

Harry nods, like he's understanding how I felt. I feel like he may somehow.

"Erm, anyway, truth or dare?" I ask him, continuing my hairstyling.

"Dare," he grins a cocky grin again.

"M'kay... I dare you to finish your wine!" I challenge, reaching back to finish my glass. I think the alcohol may be getting at me a little.

"Not a problem." Harry snags his glass from behind me, careful not to move me while I pick up his hair. He gulps it all down and sets it back, ready to move on. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to kiss me for ten seconds."

I freeze, right as I'm about to grab a handful of his hair. Harry keeps his eyes on mine, looking right into me, awaiting my next move. My hands go down in front of me, resting slightly on his chest. My eyes go from his chest back to his and search them, as he continues to do the same with mine.

It seems as the world is only just us, in the barely lit living room. It's quiet and peaceful, with the light, and the soft rushing sound of the rain in the background. I wasn't sure the game would bring us here, but deep down, I felt it would.

Suddenly, I just do it. Lust takes over me as I slam my lips upon his and immediately, his join mine in a passionate, hungry way. I wanted this, deep inside of me, I know I did. The fresh taste of wine and the hint of mint from his mouth enter mine and it's a wonderful mix. I lose control.

My hands grip his button up harshly and I pull myself closer along with his help on my hips. I feel something below me but neither of us stop, and I know what it is, and never thought I could make him feel this way. I never thought I'd be able to turn him on.

Harry pushes his tongue through my mouth, deepening the kiss. His massages my own and I am taken aback.

My hips take a mind of their own and grind just once on him, causing a moan to exit his mouth. One of his hands go up the back of my shirt and are holding me by the small of my back to him, while the other runs through my hair. Mine travel up his chest barely covered chest to the back of his neck. This is what I needed, I haven't felt this alive since the last time our lips met. It's a pure rush.

Harry pulls his tongue from my mouth and places a light kiss on my lips before fully letting go. Our foreheads rest on each other's as we breath heavily. I open my eyes, realizing I had closed them and my mind begins to regain control. It happened so quickly. Those were the best ten seconds of my life.

"Ask me baby," Harry demands, breathing very heavily.

"T-truth or dare?" I question him, my voice barely audible.

"Truth," Harry breaths out, still in the same state as I.

"Are you still mad about tonight? Things going wrong?"

"Of course not. Things are going very well, probably better than they would have." He smiles, gliding his hands down my back and out from inside my shirt, back to their previous position. The tips of his fingers against my skin giving me a wonderful feeling.

"Truth or dare, Rach?"

"Truth." I say, taking the last handful of hair on his head from before and picking it up, my hands shaking from the kiss.

"When was the last time..you um, you know. When's the last time you slept with someone?"

This question?

Damn. I hate myself.

This moment just went way down. The spark gone pretty much.

"I've..um...I've never.." I'm unsure how to answer him in a way that will sound less stupid than it does, but there isn't one.

"Oh..." he replies looking down, probably unsure of what to say like me. Then his head turns to the window. "Oh look, I think the rain calmed down."

"Yeah...then I guess it's time for me to leave." I say, getting off of him and standing up.

I knew it. All I feel is embarrassment. He doesn't want me anymore. Hell maybe he never did and I was purely blind. I'm an embarrassment. He's ashamed that he brought me here in the first place, and I'm just a loser. A dumb ass who needs to just go home. I knew I should never have done any of this. It would get thrown in my face, just like everything else.

"What? You can't be serious." Harry sounds surprised.

"I am, I know that it's my cue to leave. Probably for the best, right? No point in wasting your time, or being an embarrassment to you," I mumble, loud enough for him to hear as I pick up my things.

"Damn Rachel! Fuck! An embarrassment? That's what you think of yourself? You, you just don't get it!"

Harry's words stop me. I shouldn't but I turn around to see his face in his hands as he sits himself up a little.

"Get what Harry? What could I possibly not get?!" I ask a little annoyed.

He just sort of pushed me away after I confessed something pretty huge and a little personal, and now, I don't get it? I'm the one who doesn't get it?

I want to know why he looks so sad.

"Rachel! I tell you I want to see you. I tell you that I want to show you what I can be for you. I go out of my way to get your number, to get closer and closer with you. Then you think I just want you to leave? After what we just did?" He looks up at me, his eyes a little glossy. "I want you. Give me time to explain."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 7.4K 30
"Wish we could take it all off and just exist" DO NOT PRINT MY WORK! T.W. Mention of death, slight drug abuse, mentions of assault.
17.9K 1K 90
♡♡♡ "Every one called her Doll , everyone thought she was crazy. Everyone made fun of her, everyone thought she was a murderer but no one had proof t...
871K 40.4K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
112K 1.6K 30
It's just another camren Instagram fic