flying

By johnmurphysgf

second book after floating season 2 of My Babysitters a Vampire oc x rory keaner More

prologue
welcome back vamps!
welcome back dusker
welcome back dusker ||
say you'll be maztak
say you'll be maztak ||
fanged and furious
fanged and furious ||
flushed
flushed ||
flushed |||
mirror/rorrim
village of the darned
village of the darned ||
village of the darned |||
hottie ho-tep and sweet seti
hottie ho-tep and sweet seti ||
hottie ho-tep and sweet seti |||
independence daze
independence daze ||
siren song
siren song ||
siren song |||
jockenstein
jockenstein ||
jockenstein |||
halloweird
halloweird ||
halloweird |||
halloweird ||||
the date to end all dates |
the date to end all dates ||
the date to end all dates |||
the date to end all dates ||||
the date to end all dates |||||
the date to end all dates ||||||
the date to end all dates (ending 1)
the date to end all dated (ending 2)
the date to end all dates (final ending)

mirror/rorrim ||

591 17 11
By johnmurphysgf

"See ya later Eth!" I waved to him.

Later on in the week, it was rehearsals. I was going over my lines with Erica while Ethan and Sarah were talking and Benny and Rory were up at the lighting booth. Mrs. LOL comes over to me.

"Now, Rainbeam needs to help Sundrop believe in loving herself so she can apply for the job of Mother Nature. Can you put that in your heart?" She asked.

"I can do that." I nodded.

"Okay, good. All right, where's our star? We have to get cracki-" Mrs. LOL started when all of a sudden a sandbag dropped. Another one an inch from me. I jumped back as Rorys head snapped up. When the last bag fell there was a scream. I looked to where the wings of the stage and saw Sunday Clovers on the ground with a bunch of  sandbags on top of her.

"Sunday!" I, along with everyone else, ran over to the girl.

"I'm okay. No worries." Sunday groans.

"We need a doctor!" Ethan yelled. After the doctor took her away Mrs. LOL canceled rehearsals for the rest if the day. Our group decided to meet up at Ethans locker.

"Wait, can't vampires go all puppet master on the weak-minded? You could have convinced her to hurt herself." Ethan asked.

"Glamouring is only something old and powerful vampires can do." Erica played with her hair.

"So what did you do?" I asked the blonde as Rory wrapped his arm around me.

"Nothing! That Aussie punk is as mad as a cut snake." Erica mocked the girl. We all gave her a look. "She freaked out on me earlier. Told me to "stay out of her mirror." If I was going to break her legs, I'd have done it then."

"She's telling the truth." I smiled at the girl.

"I am! Now, your star has lines to learn. We open tomorrow! No time to yabber

like a dill."

"I think you're spending a little too much time as Sunday's understudy." Sarah laughed.

"Aw, she's apples! Now, on your bike before I go aggro on yer bakehole!" She then strutted away. We all went our separate ways after that and I went with Rory.

"So are you excited to perform for everyone tomorrow? Because I know im excited to watch you." Rory beamed.

"You're the best Ror." I kissed him and we got in the car and he went to drive me home.

The next day was the show and I was going over my lines with Erica and Sarah for one last time.

"It's morning for my feelings! Rainbeam, where are you?" She recited.

"Look to the sky, Sundrop. Where happiness spreads her wings!" I made myself float a little and Sarah laughed at my joke. Erica, however, did not find it amusing. "Get it?

"Don't upstage me. Ever. Or else.

"Or else what?" I chuckled. "What did I do ? I was just playing." I nervously laughed.

"This is my show. Mine." She ran up to me. "No one else can have it."

"Your show? Erica what's going on?" I asked her, growing more and more nervous. She then stormed off to her dressing room. Sarah and I followed.

"You're sounding just as bad as Sunday." She was sitting at her mirror looking at herself. This wasn't unusual except for that she could look at herself. "Look at yourself!"

"Uhh Sarah?" I pointed at the blondes reflection.

"Whoa, you can look at yourself! You have a reflection!" Sarah freaked out.

"Er, what's going on why can you see yourself?" I asked.

"Stay out of my mirror. Stay out of my way." She hissed at us. Sarah and I stumbled back and ran out of the room.

"You think the boys already know?" Sarah asked.

"Doubt it." I sighed. We ran to the study area where we knew they'd be.

"Boys, we need your help." I spoke our of breath.

"Whoa, Dri, are you ok?" Rory immediately stood up.

"No. Erica attacked us. She was acting like we'd done something to her. This is going to sound crazy, but we saw her reflection in her mirror." I explained.

"I knew it! I told you this play was cursed! Maybe I'm right!" Ethan turned to Benny. I tilted my head at him. "Oh, uh, are you guys ok?"

"Were fine." I deadpanned.

"Look, we need to go see that mirror.

"The guys will go." Benny cracked his knuckles.

"Yeah, Maybe you two should avoid Erica." Ethan shrugged.

"Ethan, do you think we can't take her?" I crossed my arms.

"Actually we do." Rory spoke.

"One sec." Ethan held up his hand as he got something out of his locker.

"Benny, Rory and I made a chart, like they do for cage fighters.

"See, Sarah you're quicker, but Erica's got the reach, and Lexa's got the agility. But she's a little stronger. I think you'd win, though, because you're not afraid to get hit in the face!"

"Nuh-uh! Dri would win because she has more abilities!" Rory defends.

"Go!" we pushed the three of them out of here, smiling.

Once nightfall hit we were all setting up for the show.

"Check it out, Bitey." We were all sitting by Benny and the light board. Sarah was standing while I was sitting with Rory. "Magic plus buttons equals star power. Like, actual bright-as-a-star power. Kinda the best, right?" Benny asked Erica who was standing with him. Sarah and I were still weary of her.

"All these techno toys seem fragile to me." She pushed the light that Benny was just talking about. Rory pulled me out of the way before it could hit me.

"Benny!" Mrs. LOL yelled up at him from the stage.

"I'm sorry! It won't happen again. I hope." my brother whispered the last part.

"Erica, what's wrong with you?" I stood up abruptly. "You almost hit me with the light."

"Just leave me alone." She hissed once again. 

"That's not the Erica we know." Sarah shook her head as she pointed between herself and I.

"Yeah, that's kinda the Erica we know." Benny pointed between Rory and himself.

"Did Ethan say if anything weird was going on with that mirror?" I turned to my brother.

"No. I haven't seen him all day." Benny said. Sarah and I had a grim look on our faces. "Should I be as worried as you look?"

"Yes, Benny." I shook my head. The four of us then run to Ericas dressing room.

"Okay, so vampires don't have reflections because their curse blocks the soul's inner light. So, if Erica saw herself..." Benny trailed off in hopes we get what he's saying.

"That means there's a soul inside this mirror." I finished. Benny took a slingshot looking stick out of his bag and pointed it around the room before the stick spotted itself at the mirror.

"Hey, I'm getting pretty good with this stick, huh? Okay, there's someone inside, but I can't tell if it's Ethan."

"There's only one way to find out." I used my magic and touched the mirror. Faintly I heard someone scream out mine and Benny's name.

"Its Ethan!" I smiled.

"Touch the mirror and pull me through!" I heard.

"Sarah you gotta touch the mirror and pull him through. Ethan needs a supernatural connection!" I instructed her.

"Hold on, Eth!" I yelled back before letting go of the mirror.

"I know a spell that can unleash a soul's energy-" Benny started.

"Lets just do it Ben!

"Ok! Ok!" Benny stood next to be with the spell book open.

"Rory, grab Sarahs hand and be ready to help pull him through." I told him.

"You got it, gorgeous." He nodded.

"Zara-KOTH mas NARA-koth!" Benny and I recited at the same time.

"Now!" I yelled and Sarah and Rory started pulling. And it worked Ethan fell out of the mirror. When I looked back at the mirror it had a crack in it.

"Teamwork for the win!" Benny helped the boy up.

"Thanks." he smiled gratefully at us.

"Get away from my mirror!" Erica entered the room then noticed that her mirror was broken. "You cracked it!"

"Erica, watch out." Ethan picked up the chair and pushed the girl back. Ht used the chair to break the mirror even further.

"What are you doing?" Benny went to stop him.

"Great Eth, that's seven years bad luck." I sighed at him.

"Well, I guess I'll just have to shower with your Grandma's special soap again." Ethan shrugged.  I then noticed Erica looking around and smiling.

"Erica?" Rory seemed to notice as well.

"Are you okay?" I touched the girls shoulder.

"Of course I'm okay. I'm finally free. And stronger than ever. I think I'll start the show with the finale." She giggled then walked away with an airy look on her face. Erica never giggled. Never.

"Should we be terrified by that?" Sarah nervously asked.

"Always." I tilted my head in conclusion.

"No time to explain. There was a ghost girl trapped in the mirror. Now she's inside Erica. We gotta stop her before she gets revenge on everyone." Ethan told us.

"For someone with no time to explain, you did a good job." Sarah spoke. Benny, Rory and I nodded our heads in agreement and then ran back to the auditorium. We quickly thought of a plan before Sarah and I had to be on stage.

From the front of the curtains I heard Mrs. LOL introduce the show. Once she was finished and the lights went up. When Erica said she'd start the show with the finale- she meant it. She was floating in mid-air, with nothing attached to her.

"You tried to stop me! But the show must go on!"

"Heads up, hippie!" Sarah and I ran out onto the stage. I raised my hands and started to create a blast with my magic. Before, we had agreed that that would be the signal for Benny to use the light to hurt Erica. And thats what he did.

"Get off my stage!" Erica yelled.

Once Erica fell I used my magic to hold her in place. Benny then ran onto the stage with the mirror.

"Olivia! Fix your hair!" Erica had no choice but to comply and look. i heard benny shout the spell that would trap her. Once Olivia's soul was in the mirror, I let go of Erica and closed the curtains. We heard an applause and all took a breath of relief.

"Ok, this'll hold her until we can release her for good and let her move on.

"Catch and release, huh? Very eco-friendly." Benny nodded.

"Oh, well." Erica sighed. "It was nice to have a reflection while it lasted."

"Yeah, it was nice for you." Sarah laughed.

"The rest of us nearly died." I shook my head.

"Ah, come on. We had a pretty great opening." Erica joked.

"Hey, is Ms. LOL still apologizing to everyone?" Ethan asked. Just then I got a text from Rory.

Come to the auditorium.

"I guess ill go see. Rory just texted me." I went to the auditorium and text him that I was here. Out of the corner of my eye I saw someone walk on stage with a paint roller. Rory. He paints Mrs. LOL's face orange.

"Pranksy is revealed!" He cheered as well as the audience.

"Pranksy? I love him! Rory, you've got three weeks detention." She told him. I laughed at him as he walked off the stage and over to me.

"Only you." I chuckled. We both walked out of the room and into the halls.

"Yep." He laughed. "Hey I'm sorry you didn't get to perform. I was so excited!"

"Same here Ror, same here." I sadly put my head on his shoulder as we walked back to our friends.

Authors note!!!

a little late but only because my boss called me into work yesterday super early! but this might take the cake for my longest chapter! now I wanted to put up a book but its for a kind of unknown movie called Summer of '84 featuring Judah Lewis, Graham Verchere, Cory Gruter Andrew, Caleb Emery and Tiera Skovbye! the fic is for Judah Lewis' character! if you've seen it and want me to post that please let me know!! please enjoy this chapter, have a great day and tell me what part is your favorite so far!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.4K 1.2K 21
{ COMPLETED } y/n y/l/n has been best friends with ethan morgan and benny weir all her life. secretly, she is madly in love with benny. ** the charac...
6.6K 238 19
★ 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ! • my babysitter's a vampire • fem oc x benny weir When a teenage girl decides to become a full ...
47K 1K 29
Y/n Morgan's brother always finds himself getting into paranormal trouble with his sister and only friend. Y/n and Ethan are untrusted by their paren...
23K 458 10
"I don't know how you could ever love a vampire..." Rory says sadness in his voice "I do love you Rory..." also y/n uses they/them pronouns but feel...