siren song |||

"Serena's voice is full of paranormal acoustic energy. She's affecting people's brains." Ethan announces to us. "Rory?" Ethan points to the chair. He goes to sit in it and he put a headset on his head. "Okay, so this is Rory's normal brainwave pattern." He points to the screen. "Pretty dead."

"I'm laid back, dude. Why stress?" Rory shrugs.

"Play a bit of classical music..." Benny pressed play on the soundboard. "and Rory is nice and calm." Rory relaxed his face. "But, as soon as I play even a

second of Serena's song..." as soon as her song played Rorys fangs popped out and he tried to bite his hand.

"And Rory tries to bite his arm off." I quickly grabbed his arm and shut off the music.

"So Serena is a Siren. How do we stop her?" Sarah speaks.

"Well, according to Greek mythology, and Whata-pedia," Benny starts. "the Sirens lost a singing contest to the Muses and were destroyed by their own jealousy."

"Too bad we don't know the Muses' agent." Rory sighed.

"What if we become the Muses?" Ethan looked like a lightbulb went off in his head.

"What?" I scoffed.

"We get into that talent show, and when she turns on us, we use her own song against her." He explained. 

"How? I mean, what if she likes her own "yeah" voice?" Benny said.

"Yeah. But we could rig up a phase inverter and send a negative image of her own evil harmonics right back at her!" Ethan thought.

"Yeah! The old evil-harmonic- phase-inverter trick!" Benny agreed. "Could work."

"Yeah! We should totally invert her face." Rory also agreed. I shook my head at them.

"Thats-" I started.

"But how do we get on the show and be good enough to make her jealous?" Rory asked.

"And we'd have to get really close for the phase inverter to even work." Benny spoke.

"Simple. Music today is all done on computers. We just gotta figure out the formula for the perfect song." Ethan shrugged.

"Are you actually going to sing?" I started again.

"Okay. Well, just in case you three don't become the hottest boy band of all time, we'll go tell Erica we may need some more kicks in our dance routine." Sarah started to leave. "Come on Lex." She waved me over.

"Good luck babe." I kissed Rorys cheek. "See you guys."

"Bye, Lex." "Later, Dri!"they all waved goodbye.

"They're gonna be terrible." Sarah laughed.

"Oh totally." I agreed.

It was the next day and the auditions were on again. The boys were going to go first and then we were. When we thought they were down with the auditon, because the singing, the terrible singing, had stopped for about a minute now.

"Hey, Mr. Stern, are you ready for a dance explosion?" Erica spoke once we went in the room. We started to do our dance when the principal spoke.

"No! I'm ready to have a hot cup of tea and my ears flushed." He stood up.

"But-" I started to protest.

"Good-bye." He walked out of the room. Once he was out Erica hissed at him.

"Erica!" Sarah stopped her.

"No!" I helped Sarah as Erica hissed again.

"We got in!" Rory spoke up.