mirror/rorrim

"The Rainbow Factory? Ugh. I hate that hippie junk. This is going to be the worst school play ever." Benny rolled his eyes.

"So why do you want to be in it?" Ethan scoffed.

"I don't want to be in the play. I want to do lights and sound." Benny put his hands out.

"Speak for yourself. I want to be in the show." I beamed holding my books close.

"Sure Ben, cause that'll be much cooler." Ethan rolled his eyes at the boy. "I think you should go for it Lex. I mean those plays you put on for us when we were younger were kinda interesting." Ethan shrugged. I flashed my eyes at him. "I mean you were-are such a great actress you should show the world."

"Have you seen that controller console? It has, like, a million buttons." Benny continued gushing over the buttons. "It's on my bucket list." He shrugged.

"Why do you have a bucket list?" Ethan asked.

"When did you make one?" I asked in a follow-up question.

"I just don't want you making lightning and burning everyone's hair off." Ethan sighed.

"Again." I deadpanned.

"Eyebrows don't count as hair!" Benny defended himself.

"Oh really then what do they count as?" I retorted. Just then I saw the girls.

"Hey guys!" I smiled. I then noticed Erica and Benny both had their hands on the signup pen.

"Age before beauty." Benny joked. Erica then took the pen from him and signed her name. She handed it to me next and I signed my name before lastly handing it to my brother.

"Oh, that's it-" our drama teacher popped up. "Let the eagles of creativity soar! I'm off to make copies of this wonderful script!" She then tried to open the book but it was stuck together

"Looks like it doesn't want to open." Ethan laughed.

"It didn't want to be found, either! Hiding away inside that basement wall for 25 years. And I took it out." The woman struggled some more as the book finally opened. "Ah! There we go. Should be clear sailing from here." She then walked away leaving us in silence.

"Hey, there you guys are! Hey babe!" I heard Rory greet us. 

"Hey Ror!" I greeted him back with a kiss.

"I see you signed up for the show." He pointed to the sheet.

"Yep!" I nodded enthusiastically. "I just want any part." I shrugged.

"Ill bet you could get the lead with just a smile." Rory compliments.

"Thanks Rory." I blushed.

"Well I'm going for the lead." Erica butts in. "Its on my bucket list."

"Hey Benny has one to-" I started but my brother yanked my hair. "Ow!"

"Oh sorry Lex you could finish your sentence but looks like you gotta get to class." Benny says as the bell rings. I stick my tongue out at him as Rory dragged me to class.

"Ill see you later Lex! So we can crush little Sunday Clovers with our goddess-like skills!"

"Wow she hates Sunday, huh?" I turned to Rory.

"Just be glad she doesn't hate us like that." The boy replied.

"Ok everyone were going to start with auditions." Ms. LOL. Lofthouse Oldman-Little, said to everyone. "Everyone auditioning for Sundrop please step forward." So, naturally, Erica went first.

"The sun warms the lake with her love! She smiles the water to the sky! It falls back down to the ground, to hug every flower and every tree!" Erica read. I know she's one of my best friends but it was... a very sharp reading.

"Can I get someone auditioning for Rainbeam to read the next line?" I raised my hand. "Ahh yes! Alexandria!"

"The water cycle is truly a cycle of love." I read. It felt natural to me the way I read it. And it seemed like Ms. LOL liked it as well.

After all the auditions were done Ms. LOL took a second then announced the cast.

"I'm the understudy? But I totally nailed that audition!" Erica groaned.

"You were very present! Congratulations, Sunday Clovers. You're our lead!" She announced. I looked at the paper and saw I got the role of Rainbeam. I even saw Sarah got a role. She came in a little later and auditioned for Sundrops other best friend, Moondew.

""Do I dream? Or do my waking eyes see color anew? Such reds! Such golds! Ah, to see my joy!" Thank you so much, Ms. Lofthouse Oldman-Little!"

"Oh, the kids call me Ms. LOL." Our teacher laughed.

"Makes me want to put that little shrimp on the barbie." Erica mocked the girl.

"I know you'll be a real ace understudy, and you'll step right in if something happens to me!" Sunday comes up to the three of us

"Yes. If something happens to you." Erica hugs the girl tightly. I think I heard a few cracks.

"Erica! We should go find the boys! And tell them the good news." I pulled the girl away.

"Wow! You have a lot of positive energy. I can feel it in my ribs!" Sunday holds her side, where Erica hugged her. "I'm grinning like a shot fox! I'm gonna do the Harold Hold and have a Captain Cook at my dressing room!" She squealed. The three of us stood there.

"What was that?" I gaped. We were about to walk out when Ms. LOL called my name.

"Alexandria!" I turned around. "Congratulations on Rainbeam. I knew you could do it."

"Really? Because it felt so natural to me." I smiled.

"Good." She said and we exited the room.

"Well lucky us, it's gonna take a real actress to stand Sunday Clovers." Erica whispered. All of a sudden Sunday spins by us singing. Later on that day I see Rory, Ethan and Benny.

"Guys! Guys!" I called out from down the hall.

"Hey Dri!" Rory calls back. I ran over to them.

"I got in! I got Rainbeam!" I smiled.

"Rainbeam?! Thats amazing!" Rory picked me up and spun me. "Who's Rainbeam?" He asked after a few seconds.

"Sundrops best friend." I answered. As I let go of my boyfriend to hug my brother and best friend.

"Right. Why didn't I think of that." Rory laughed.

"Rory had something to tell us too." Benny spoke. "But thank gosh you showed up." I nudged his side.

"Oh right!" Rory lit up.

"Well thats my cue." Benny walked away.

"My new prank video just hit a million views!" Rory then shows us his phone. It was a video of someones face being painted orange.

"Owned by Pranksy!" The video ended with that."

"Classic Pranksy. I'm super popular." Rory laughed.

"Wait, you're Pranksy? The guy who paints people's faces?"

"Yep. And nobody knows it. Suckers!"

"Ror, technically, if nobody knows-

"-then you're not really popular." Ethan bluntly finished.

"Ah, but I'm-I'm Pranksy." He posed.

"Yeah, but nobody knows that." I relayed.

"Oh, no! People need to know I'm awesome. I gotta get on this. Come on Dria." He dragged me away again.

"See ya later Eth!" I waved to him.

Authors note!!!

its a little late but as promised another chapter! this episode is gonna be a fun one! see if you can spot the reference!