say you'll be maztak ||

"Okay, where's whatser-face?" Erica yelled once we got into the classroom

"The queen prepares for the Sun King's return!" Ethan walked up to us with Rory and Benny beside him.

"I'm gonna be the chosen one! You're happy for me right Alex?" Rory smiled.

"No Rory. She's gonna kill us all." I tried.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes.

"I'm not leaving without smashing something." Erica shrugs.

"Well, she seems to like that skull." Sarah points to it.

"We will die in defense of the sacred skull." Ethan stands up straighter.

"Especially Rory." Benny nudged the blonde.

"Yeah." Rory pushed his chest out.

"Whatevs." Erica went to walk towards the skull and all the boys suddenly turned towards us.

"Wait!" I shouted.

"They're under a spell! We need to retreat and come up with a better plan." Sarah grabbed out hands.

"Fine. But we'll be back."

"Im not leaving without Rory." I say sadly. I reached out and grabbed his hand when he yanked it away and pushed me back. He's under a spell. He doesn't know what he's doing. Erica and Sarah tried to help me up but I shook them off and stood up on my own.

"Praise the Sun King!" Rory snarled at me.

"Masta eecha Lucia na. Masta eecha Lucia na." The chanting started again.

"If that's not a spell, this is the worst glee club ever." Erica sighed.

"Masta eecha Lucia na. Masta eecha Lucia na." They chanted until we left. Back to Ethans house it was.

"Now there are some folks, like my wife, who are worried about reports from certain scientists about a visibly swollen solar corona, or Sun, that may melt the entire planet. But there's no need to panic. This just means we're gonna have a doozy of a sunset tonight at the hour of judgment. All hail the Sun King,

am I right, Ms Lucia?" The weatherman spoke.

"Yes. The altar is ready. The ceremony soon begins. Prepare to welcome the Sun King. Back to you, Vance." Lucia told the watchers. Vance chuckled.

"Wowza."

"Sounds like the hour of judgment is tonight at sundown. And if we don't act fast, the Sun's gonna take down our friends with it!" Sarah exclaimed.

"I'm glad you called me.

"I figured we needed to come up with a plan like Ethan and Benny would." I laughed.

"And then give up, call you. Like Ethan and Benny would." Erica added.

"Lucia is an ancient Maztak name. Now, the Maztaks were pretty big on gold and animal hearts too. Look."" Grandma pulled out a book. "The Sun King and the Sky Queen created the earth together, but an argument between the two brought eternal night to the world."" She read.

"Too bad they didn't have couples counseling." Erica made another joke.

""Prophets say one day a queen will make an offering so pleasing, the Sun King will return to the earth in an explosion of light that will end the mortal world"?" Grandma finished reading.

"At least we won't have to finish that essay, Lex. Yay!" Erica held her hand up for a high five but I didn't give her one.

"Lucia had the boys build an altar at school. She has them wrapped around her finger." I said.