the date to end all dates ||

"Rory use your hearing!" I whisper-yelled to him.

"Oh right!" Rory nodded then focused. "He's actually doing it!"

"I changed my mind- this is definitely worth a hundred bucks!" Benny grinned.

"Awe I'm so proud of him." I placed my hands on my heart. I see Ethan turn to us with a nervous look on his face. "Keep going! You got this!" We all encouraged him. He turns back to the girl and keeps going. I see her nod and we all cheer silently. She walks away and Ethan walks back to us.

"She said yes!" Ethan jumped up and down.

"And I never doubted you ever!" Benny smiled at his best friend.

"Yes you did Benny. But I'm so proud of you Eth." I pulled him in for a hug.

"Me neither! And we're not lying like Benny!" Rory pats him on the shoulder.

"Yeah! Wha-hey!" Benny got offended.

"I can't believe she said..."Yes."" Ethan sighed in happiness and relief.

"One hundred dollars." We were now back at Ethan's house to give Ethan his end of the bet. "In nickels." Benny holds up a huge bottle full of nickels. "Best money I ever spent... what are you doing?" The three of us turned to see Ethan flipping through a book.

"this." He turns the page to us to show us a picture "I saw this in the vision I got from the council librarian."

"What did they say it was?" Benny asked.

"I didn't tell them about it." Ethan shrugged.

"You what?!" I gasped.

"Dude!" Benny covered Rorys ears. "Rory can't hear this."

"Im not gonna tell the counsel Benny." Rory shrugged Benny's hands off his ears.

"You kept a secret from the council?" I pressed.

"How'd you get so cool all of a sudden?" Benny laughed.

"Nows not the time benny." I rolled my eyes.

"Look, the wizard who raided the council library was looking for something called the Lucifractor. You saw how Anastasia tried really hard to not look worried when I mentioned that." Ethan said.

"Must be pretty important if it scared little Miss Fang Thang." Benny shrugged.

"Maybe we should figure this out. Maybe I should just call Sarah about tonight and-"

"No!" We all clamored against it.

"Hey, whoa, whoa! It took a full year to get one date - one!" Benny stepped forward and put his hands on Ethan's shoulders. "This? This happens every week. Go on your date, dude."

"We'll totally figure this thing out. The two of us make almost a full Ethan. And then Dri can just get frustrated and figure everything out for us." Rory wrapped his arm around me. My face dropped and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah..." I sighed.

"What?" Benny looked at my boyfriend confusedly.

"Okay. Yeah, you're right." Ethan agreed.

"So, where are you taking her?" I changed the topic.

"Well, Erica mentioned a little restaurant Sarah might like." Ethan answered me.

"Nice. Time for some tips." Benny clapped his hands together.

"Oh, I don't need any tips." Ethan's eyes widened.