Fire in the Sky (TLOK)

Por alittleyellowwitch

The era of Avatar Aang has passed. And with a new Avatar comes the birth of a new Dragon Child. The dragon sp... Mais

Before We Begin
Chapter 1: My First Born Breathes Fire
Chapter 2: First Encounters
Chapter 3: Lies of a Nonbender
Chapter 4: Maybe It's Meant To Be
Chapter 5: Patience is a Virtue
Chapter 6: Match Set
Chapter 7: They Come With A Message
Chapter 8: Pressure Ploys
Chapter 9: A Fiery Protector
Chapter 10: Love's a Rough Game
Chapter 11: The Big Finale
Chapter 13: A Father's Betrayal
Chapter 14: A Dragon's Roar
Chapter 15: Avatar's Abduction
Chapter 16: Finding Korra
Chapter 17: A Family Sticks Together
Chapter 18: Preparation to Attack
Chapter 19: You're an Airbender, Kid
Chapter 20: This is a Vacation, Right?
Chapter 21: Angry Spirits All Around
Chapter 22: A Terrible Awakening
Chapter 23: In Which A Fever Rages in The South
Chapter 24: Civil Wars and Civil Relationships
Chapter 25: Showdowns In The South
Chapter 26: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 27: A Spiritual Journey
Chapter 28: Harmonic Convergence
Chapter 29: Until Death Do Us Part
Chapter 30: Let's Start Again
Chapter 31: A Quiet Interlude
Chapter 32: There's a breeze in the air
Chapter 33: Adventure Awaits
Chapter 34: Recruitment is a Fickle Thing
Chapter 35: Fall of a Dragon
Chapter 36: Ba Sing Se is full of liars
Chapter 37: Yuto
Chapter 38: The Metal Tides Are Moving
Chapter 39: Familial ties, love 'em or hate 'em
Chapter 40: A Brush of Truth
Chapter 41: A Self Reflection
Chapter 42: Times of Reckoning
Chapter 43: Inferno
Chapter 44: Past the Breaking Point
Chapter 45: Moving Forward
Chapter 46: The Journey's Beginning
Chapter 47: Kindles of the Fire
Chapter 48: From the Ashes
Chapter 49: Darling, these are happy tears
Chapter 50: On the Cusp of Yearning
Chapter 51: What the Heart Desires
Chapter 52: Her First Love
Chapter 53: Sometimes Recovery is Just Painted Skin
Chapter 54: The Darling of Republic University
Chapter 55: Coronation Blues
Chapter 56: An Unexpected Reunion
Chapter 57: Romantic Confessions and Spiritual Connections
Chapter 58: Spirit Shenanigans
Chapter 59: Lovers Unite
Chapter 60: A Promise of Victory
Chapter 61: The Fight for Republic City
Chapter 62: Safe and Sound
Chapter 63: Internal Affairs
Chapter 64: Searching for Answers
Chapter 65: Gassed Up
Chapter 66: A New Era Dawns

Chapter 12: Suspicions at the Sato Estate

794 28 0
Por alittleyellowwitch

For a week, every time you turned on the radio, it would be filled with news and updates on the pro-bending arena incident. Some were offering a play by play of each minute that led up to Amon's arrival, some spoke of the damages, the cost of damages, how the damages looked the next day, the repairs, the arena's closing, blah, blah, blah.

To add even more to the drama, the council held a news conference to answer questions and report on what their agenda would be now that Amon had seemed to make a formal declaration of war. Tarrlok notably spoke of Lin Beifong's failure in stopping Amon, and that the law enforcement needed new leadership. Lin was under fire, and she needed a good redeeming story about the police force sooner than later.

But, aside from the newfound drama, the airbender family and Korra had other things on their hands. One that included new visitors.

One morning, Korra jolted me awake, rushing out my window and hopping onto Naga stationed right under my window.

"Come on!" She said, as I sat up on my elbows, "We've gotta go!"

"Do you think they'll get kidnapped if we don't grab them first?" I grumbled, sliding out of bed.

Korra ignored me, already grasping Naga's reigns, "Ten minutes and I'll leave you!"

"Fine, fine." I walked as quickly as I could to wash my face, run a brush through my hair, and change. Unable to find any sort of hair tie, I left it down, walking out of the house.

When we made it to the city, Korra and Naga bounced off to the arena, as I followed closely by, on my moped.

Hurry up!" Korra said for what seemed the tenth time as she jumped off Naga, making a mad dash for the yellow tape, ducking under it. I parked my moped near Naga, gave a sheepish wave to the security officer and followed Korra in.

"Won't this be great?" Korra asked, as we ascended the stairs. "Air Temple Island will definitely me more exciting with more people living there."

"Yea." I said, with a sigh, "Just what I needed. More people living at my house." Korra nudged me,

"Hey, your dad said it was fine."

"Yea, notice how I didn't have any say in it."

"But you love Mako and Bolin!" Korra said, as I scoffed,

"Enough to let them live with us? Dunno about that. Besides, we never asked them if they wanted to."

"It's a surprise for a reason," Korra said, running up the remaining flights of stairs. I suppressed a groan, dragging myself up step by step.

The Pro bending arena was being closed down, and Mako and Bolin had nowhere to stay. Last we had heard from them; they were still looking for a place. After a rather short talk with dad, he gave us the green light to invite them to stay at Air Temple Island. And least to say, Korra was ecstatic. I had a suspicion that her crush on Mako was still going strong.

"Guys!" Korra said, as she flung open the door to Mako and Bolin's attic room. "Great news, you don't have to go back on the streets! I talked to Tenzin and made all the arrangements. You can come live on Air Temple Island with me and Yuki"

Mako and Bolin exchanged looks as I poked my head through the door.

"Oh we'd love to, but..." Mako said as Bolin said,

"Asami already invited us to love in her dad's giant mansion!" I slowly nodded my head, gently nudging Korra. Already I could feel her disappointment. But Bolin was oblivious to her downturned eyes as he sighed, "From here on out, it's gonna be the lap of luxury for us."

Asami appeared with Pabu in her arms.

"Oh, hey Korra, Yuki! I was hoping you could stop by."

I opened my mouth to reply but Korra said, 
"I was just leaving." She glanced at Mako and Bolin. "Gotta... get to training. I guess I'll see you guys around, some time?" She turned to me. "Are you staying?"

I raised an eyebrow, glancing between her and the other three. Really? Drag me out early in the morning to see these guys and then leave me?

"Well," I said, feeling a little sour, "Seeing a mansion sounds pretty cool if you ask me."

I tried not to laugh as Korra hit me with a half glare. "I'll stay and help them move." I said, not backing down.

"Why not come this afternoon?" Asami asked Korra. She was very unaware of our silent eye-contact argument. "I'd love to have you come visit the estate."

Korra tore her gaze away from me, clearing her throat. "I- uhhh, I don't know. I have some.. Avatar stuff to do." I rolled my eyes, sliding next to her. I pinched her side, ignoring Korra's jump.

"Avatar stuff happens every day, promise to visit today, okay?" I lowered my gaze to meet Korra's as if to say, play nice. "Come on, it'll be fun!"

Korra hesitated, but then nodded, "Alright, fine." she said.

Asami beamed.

"Great, we'll see you then!"

~~~

Once Korra left, I turned to help the boys with moving boxes. Not that there wasn't much to move, as the boys didn't have a lot of stuff. We made it to the mansion before lunch. I insisted that I drive myself there, so Asami gave me the address and I headed off. Arriving at the estate, my jaw dropped.

"This place is huge!" I squawked, removing my helmet. "And this is just for like, two people?" I knocked on the large doors at the front, as a butler escorted me in. Asami rushed down the stairs to greet me.

"The guys just finished putting their stuff in their rooms." She said, giving me a hug. "They saw the pool and wanted to go for a swim. You want to join?"

"A pool?" I said, a little wonderstruck.

Asami led me in. It was huge, fit with a fountain, and lounge chairs. Mako and Bolin were already there wearing swimsuits.

"I can get you one if you'd like." Asami said, "I was about to go change." I shook my head and walked to a lounge chair.

"It's fine, I don't really swim... can I just dip my feet in?"

"Whatever makes you comfortable." Asami said with a smile, before heading off to change. Bolin jumped in the pool with an excited shout, as Mako dove in after his brother. I smiled and shrugged off my jacket, rolling my sleeves up and slipping off my shoes. Rolling my pants up, I sat at the edge of the pool and kicked around as Bolin swam towards me.

"Living the luxury life, Bolin?" I asked, as Pabu shook himself on Bolin's chest.

"You know it." Bolin said, with a sigh.

Asami joined quickly after. Everyone was splashing around in the pool, talking, and laughing. A butler walked in asking if we needed anything.

"A drink perhaps?" He asked me after the others made their orders.

"Um... lemonade?" I said, my brain drawing a blank. He nodded and bowed low before leaving.

I sighed, "Yea, I don't think I could get used to this kind of luxury."

Asami laughed, swimming over to me. "Well, everyone has their own tastes." She said, "Having a butler ask me for a drink is sort of the norm here."

The butler came back soon after and handed me a tall cup with a straw. I took a sip, as a fizzy strawberry-lemon taste filled my mouth.

"This-" I said, startled, and took another sip. "I don't know what kind of lemonade this is, but I like it."

"Fizzy strawberry lemonade, miss Yuki." The butler replied. "Will you be having another?" I took another long sip, sighing as the fizz settled on my tongue, along with the sweet syrup taste.

"Yes please." I said, twirling the straw between my fingers.

~~~

Late in the afternoon, Korra finally arrived.

"Avatar Korra has arrived." The butler said, as Korra walked in.

"Hey Korra!" Mako said.

"Glad you made it!" Asami added. I pulled my feet out from the pool and dried them, walking over to sit with her.

"Welcome to paradise!" Bolin said from the water.

"Looks like you guys settled right in." Korra said, with a hint of sarcasm.

"Pretty much." Mako said, "except someone forgot to ask her father if we could stay here."

"Wait really?" I said, completely alarmed.

"Yeah, but I smoothed it over with him. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission." Asami said reassuringly. I nodded, understanding, but fiddled with the straw of my cup feeling a little wary.

As Bolin showed Korra how the butler dried him off clean once he got out of the water -and then dove back in for good measure-, Korra asked Asami,

"So, what do you have planned for us today? Let me guess, shopping, makeovers..." I shot Korra a look, but she didn't see me. 

"Ohh! I vote makeovers!" Bolin said, as Mako shoved him into the water.

"I had something a little more exciting in mind." Asami said, getting out of the pool, completely unbothered by Korra's questions.

Once everyone was dried off and changed, Asami took us out to the racetrack in the Sato estate, where a bunch of high end racing mobiles were being tested out on the track.

"Pretty cool, huh?" Asami asked.

"Way cooler than a makeover." Korra said, nodding.

"This is where Future Industries test-drives their Satomobiles. Ever been behind the wheel?"

"The only thing I know how to drive is a polar bear dog." Korra replied, eyes still on the track.

"You want me to take you for a spin?" Asami asked, as Korra's eyes lit up.

"Let's do it!"

"Aw no fair." I said, "I call second ride."

Asami nudged me, "No big deal," she said, "I saw you and your little moped. Want to try a new Future Induestries model?" She grinned as my eyes sparkled with excitement, "I'll take that as a yes."

~~~

"You're letting me take a spin on this?" I said in awe, tracing a hand alongside the motorcycle. It was a deep maroon metal color, with a leather seat and everything.

"Go for it." Asami said, tossing Korra a helmet to wear inside the Sato mobile. I climbed onto the motorcycle, grinning as it rumbled to life. Flipping down my visor, I gripped the handlebars, feeling the vibration underneath my hands. With a rev of the engine, I sped off down the track, the wind blowing my hair back.

"THIS IS AMAZING!" I shouted. My voice was drowned out by the wind and rumble of cars, but I felt like a kid for the first time in a long time.

I turned sharply around curves and went up a ramp, finally sliding to a stop near the finish line. My heart was thundering in my chest as I pulled off my helmet.

Shortly after, Asami and another car zoomed past me. Mako and Bolin ran over to us as the girls got out of their car.

"You can drive!" Asami shouted, walking over to us. "Honestly, the motorcycle is best suited to give to you."

"A-Asami you don't have to do that." I quickly said, "I mean that would be amazing, but this hasn't even been sold to others yet, right?"

"Think of it as a gift from me." Asami said as I flushed bright red.

"I-I. er..." Mako cuffed me lightly and nudged me forward.

"She'll be gone for a little bit Asami, don't worry." Everyone laughed as I blushed again, aiming a weak kick at Mako's shin.

"Thank you." I managed to say, "I mean spirits, thank you..."

~~~

As we walked back inside, Bolin rushed towards a bathroom, in need of relieving himself.

"Is there another bathroom I can use?" Korra asked, as Asami told her instructions on where to go. A few minutes later, Bolin arrived back, with the butler tailing him.

"Can I get a spritz of that perfume again?" Bolin asked as the butler wasted no time in spraying Bolin head to toe. I giggled as Korra suddenly rushed past us.

"You're leaving?" Asami asked as Korra paused and grabbed my arm. "Both of you?"

"Uh, sorry!" Korra said, "I forgot, er that... Pema!" I glanced at her quizzically as she said hurriedly, "Your mom told me to remind you that we needed to babysit the airbender kids-your siblings." I stared at her for a few seconds, as her eyes frantically stared at me. I stiffened, hearing Yume's rumble in my ears.

"Oh!" I said, playing along, "You're right. I forgot, Jinora has her lessons, and she can't entertain Ikki and Meelo."

"Yes!" Korra said, nodding frantically, "We should probably get going before someone starts to complain."

Mako nodded and waved goodbye. "Then we'll see you later?"

"Definitely!" I said, as Korra dragged me out. "You'll hear from us soon!"

As we walked down the trail to Naga and my old little moped, I said, "Okay you better have a good explanation for why you just dragged me out of the house that was offering me a high-end, newest edition motorcycle from Future Industries. And why my dra-." I paused, recollecting myself, "A-Anyway, explain yourself?"

"I heard Mr. Sato talking on the phone." Korra said without hesitation, "And I think that he's the one who was manufactured those gloves the Equalists have."

My expression was now complete confusion. "What?" I said, "That's...Why were you even near his office?"

"I was coming back from the bathroom, and I overheard voices." Korra said, "Anyway, that's not the important thing!"

"Korra-"

"I know it sounds crazy!" Korra said, "But I really did heard him on the phone, saying that the Cabbage Corp investigation that Beifong's doing right now, was buying him enough time... and that he'd be ready to strike soon." Korra looked at my face. "You don't believe me, do you?"

I stared at my friend before very slowly nodding my head, "I believe you." I said, "I'm just trying to piece together our next move."

Korra grabbed my hands, practically shaking my entire body, "You are truly the best friend every."

"Sure, sure." I said, wiggling my way out of her grasp, "Let's focus now. We need to get my dad, and Beifong and tell them. Then we can take further steps to investigate."

Korra let out a huge sigh of relief, "That's for believing in me, Yuki."

"Anytime, Avatar." I said, pulling on my helmet.

~~~

"So you think Mr. Sato manufactured those gloves for the Equalists then framed Cabbage Corp?" Dad said, staring at both of us. Korra and I had arrived at City Hall. Thankfully we had run into both of them talking together. We dragged them into dad's office to relay all the news.

"Pretty much," I said, "Thoughts??"

Lin was in deep thought. "That's a bold accusation." She said, "But what proof do you have?"

"Well," Korra started, "I... don't exactly have proof, but I know what I heard. Sato's up to something."

"He does have the means... and he has a motive." Lin said, tapping her chin. Dad nodded, remembering something, "Oh yes, that's right."

"A motive?" Korra asked, "What is it?"

"His wife." dad said, "Twelve years ago, the Agni Kai Triad robbed Sato's mansion. A firebender killed Sato's wife during the break in." Dad explained. "It was tragic. It's possible that he's bene harboring anti-bending sentiment all this time."

"Maybe we should look at Mr. Sato a little more closely." Lin said, seemingly considering all her best possible options, "We'll visit him tomorrow and ask to do an investigation on his factories."

"Oh boy," I said, realizing what that meant. Goodbye, sweet motorcycle.

The next day, we arrived at Sato's mansion.

"What's going on?" Mako asked, as a few soldiers entered, along with my father and Beifong to talk to Mr. Sato. "Why are they asking Hiroshi more questions?"

"I overheard him on the phone yesterday." Korra said, turning to Asami, "I don't know how to tell you this, but I think your father might be involved with the Equalists."

"What?" Asami said, her eyes narrowing, "I don't believe this." She sourly turned on her heel, walking away from us.

Mako glared at Korra. "You spied on Hiroshi? What's your problem?" He followed Asami up the stairs. Korra and I trailed behind, as we heard Asami shout,

"My father is innocent! Just because we're not benders doesn't mean we support those awful Equalists!"

"Equalists?" Mr. Sato asked, as Korra and I entered his office, "Is that what this is about? I can assure you; I have nothing to do with those radicals."

"Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about, Korra." Mako muttered darkly as Korra turned to Mr. Sato.

"I overheard you on the phone. You said the Cabbage Corp investigation bought you time, and you're getting ready to stroke. Explain that?"

Mr. Sato laughed, "This is all just a misunderstanding, resulting from the young Avatar's overactive imagination. My number one competitor was knocked out of the game. It's providing me an opportunity to strike the market with a new line of Satomobiles. It's just business. Nothing nefarious."

Dad and Beifong exchanged glances, as dad said, "In order to put all suspicions to rest, might we have a look into your factories and warehouses?" Asami rolled her eyes as Mr. Sato nodded,

"If you feel it's necessary, you're welcome to search all of Future Industries." I gently pulled Korra with me, attempting to give Asami an apology, but she turned away from Korra and I, still furious.

I sighed, feeling the weight of the situation even more. I reached up to rub my forehead, frowning at Yume's grumbles.

What?

There is a danger that approaches.

*Sigh* There always is a danger that approaches.

You must trust the Avatar.

What do you think I'm doing?

You must be aware of that man.

Again, what do you think I'm doing???

"Yuki?" I blinked out of my daze, seeing Korra waving a hand in front of my face, "We're going now." I looked around. I was in front of my moped, gripping one of the handles. My other hand was resting on my helmet.

"Right," I said, gently shaking my head, "Sorry about that. Got lost in thought."

"Sure," Korra said, heading over to Naga, "Meet you at the factory?"

"Yea." I said, sliding on my moped. "Meet you there.

We need to find evidence on Hiroshi Sato before it's too late. I thought in my head, revving up the engine.

________________
A/N:

The plot thickens. Like stew.

Thanks for reading :D

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

89.6K 3.3K 48
There is an old folklore about the Children of the Forest. They were mortal spirits who were the First Benders with the ability to travel freely to t...
18.6K 830 28
Fire and Water. Two opposite elements. They can never get along. The Fire and Water Nations have been enemies for a century. So when a teenage Water...
65.3K 2.2K 16
The second book of Legend of Gyawa. A sixteen year old girl sucked in Avatar: Last Airbender. Only she is the avatar, she must learn Earth Bending. S...
2.7K 185 7
❝ You're not just the Avatar, Korra, you're my big sister, too! I have a duty to protect you, too! ❞ ⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂☆ Kiara, the younger sister...