Rainbows And Sunshine - NOT{U...

By J_enny_xoxo

"Have you looked at yourself in the mirror?" she asks with disgust. "Don't tell me you actually like what you... More

Chapter 1- Excitement And Embarrassment
Chapter 2 - New Friends And Weekend Plans
Chapter 3 - Crushes And Chores
Chapter 4 - Encounters And New Students
UPDATE!!
Chapter 5 - Bad Ideas And Marathons
Chapter 6 - Rejections And New Beginnings
Chapter 7 - Intrigue And Insecurities
Chapter 8 - Bullies And Mantras
Chapter 9 - Wise words And Interviews
Chapter 10 - Accidents And Bump-In's
Chapter 11 - Boredom And Cartoons
Chapter 12 - Arguments And Skipping
Chapter 13 - Chocolates And Bad Voices
Chapter 15 - Tests And Standing Up For Ourselves
Chapter 16 - Overthinking And Tears.
Chapter 17 - Rekindling Old Friendships
Chapter 18 - Stress And Putting People In Their Places
Chapter 19 - Debates And Swooning
Chapter 20 - Shopping Sprees And Hugs
Chapter 21 - Parties And Ball Dancing
Chapter 22 - Avoiding And Hangouts.
Chapter 23 - Answers And Confrontations.
Chapter 24 - Lunch Dates And Awkwardness
Chapter 25 - Long talks And Holding Back
Chapter 26 - Step by step
Chapter 27 - Bribes And Set up's
Chapter 28 - Desserts And Charity Cases
Chapter 29 - Meetings And Dummies
Chapter 30 - Speaking Up And Trying To Help
Chapter 31 - Self love And Promises.
Chapter 32 - Lunch And Secret Codes
Chapter 33 - Reconciliations And Friendship
Chapter 34 - Ice Cream And Horror Movies.
Chapter 35 - Peer Pressure And Pain
Chapter 36 - 'Winning' And Interrogations.
Chapter 37 - Scratches And Getting Caught.

Chapter 14 - Reminiscing And Drifting

11 6 2
By J_enny_xoxo

      Remind me again why I wanted to come to school because sitting in Mr Oladejo's class I've forgotten the reason. Shey I should not just fake an injury? I've been saying I wanted to get a tutor. I think now's the time. I got my train of thoughts interrupted by a nudge on my arm. I looked to my right at the perpetrator. Isaac.

      "Are you okay? You look a bit lost" he asked.

     "I'm having the time of my life" I replied sarcastically resting my head on my right palm.

     "You know, I could help you after class if you want. We could study during break or a free period" he offered.

    "Really?" I asked perking up.

    "Why not? I mean only a genius like myself would offer to teach you" he replied with a smirk. I just deflated.

     "Very humble of you" I said with an eye roll and I told him about us having our first session during break. Maths has always been my problem. I love calculating. How else will I survive Mr James but maths was where I got stuck.

     During break, Isaac and I went to the library to start studying. Unfortunately, that meant no food but me being the foodie I am, I brought my bag containing chocolates and cookies with me. Isaac just laughed and shook his head when he discovered the junk I was carrying.

    "It's for both our benefits" I said pouting.

     "They'll sha use food and do you" he said but we still shared the snacks for both of us and ate silently. We picked a sit deep into the library so the librarian won't catch us too quickly.

       Crestville had two libraries. One for junior and another for senior. With over thirty shelves, the library was huge but then again most parents sponsored the library.

    "So, what should we start with?" He asked opening two textbooks in front of us. This was going to be a long break.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "So, we'll use the cosine formula to find PR then from there it's pretty much easy" Isaac explained taking reference from the textbook and making 'bearing and distance' sound like 2+2. It's not.

    "So, we'll use cosine formula and then use sine right?" I asked confused.

    "Yup". I just nodded. It was at that moment that the librarian, Mrs Akpan came to inform us that the break was over so, we packed up and left. On our way, we bumped into Jacob. I haven't really talked to him since the incident. Even online. He just made sure he checked up on me from time to time and he made small talk. That was it.

    "Where have you guys been?" He asked looking at us skeptically.

   Isaac was about to reply but I beat him to it. "You're seeing us holding textbooks. Where else would we have been?" I asked giving him a pointed look.

      "What Kemi meant to say was that we were studying in the library" Isaac replied giving me a nudge in my side.

      "Oh. I guess I'll see you guys later" he said awkwardly and left.

     "You can be so snappy at times. Sometimes worse than Chichi" Isaac said and continued walking to class. What did I do now?

  Once I got to class, I noticed our Commerce teacher wasn't around. I walked to my sit only to find Chichi there. "Where have you been?" She asked.

     "Reading" was my only reply before I attempted to sit in her lap.

    "Reading what?" She asked again before pushing me away.

     "Maths" I replied attempting to sit down again.

   "What is it?" She asked pushing me again.

   "It's my sit" I exclaim.

    "So?" I didn't get a chance to reply her because Jacob came inside the class to announce that the principal wants to see all the prefects in the hall. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad one. Either way, we were going to find out.

    When we got there, nobody was sitting down so we just stood with the group and the principal, Mr Matthews and Mr James walked in. We greeted them when they did. Looking around, I realized that the prefects weren't as much as last year's. Probably because our set is small. Maybe even the smallest. Okay, back to the issue at hand.

      "I'm extremely disappointed. You've been appointed prefects for a week or two now but you don't seem to be taking your jobs seriously. Some of you have even forgotten that you were prefects" he said with a disapproving look on his face. Guilty as charged.

       I've been too nonchalant about my post. Probably because well it's not what I hoped for. It felt like they just wanted to pacify me.

    "If you're not ready to perform your duties or you are no longer interested in the position speak up and stop exhibiting this lackadaisical attitude" he continued. Sorry lacka what?

    " The head boy and head girl alongside their assistants are no different. Where is Badmus Jacob, Alade Tofunmi, Sophia and Solarin Joseph?" They all walked out including poor Sophia.

    "Now let me make it clear to you all. If by the end of next week I don't see any improvement some of you will step down if not all". Once he said that you could hear a loud hiss from the back followed by mass grumbling.
     "I don't care about your opinions so keep them. Four of you to my office. Now!!" Sophia was the first to dart out of the hall followed by the rest of the heads. But chill. When did they announce the heads? It was then I turned to Chichi.

     "You didn't tell me they've announced the heads" I said folding my arms across my chest.

      "Oh...yeah. They've announced the prefects. You saw them right?" She asked and walked forward. I literally face palmed myself and hurried to meet her. Who was even Alade Tofunmi? I've been in this school since JSS1 and I've seen no Alade or Tofunmi.

   "Who's Alade Tofunmi?" I asked Jasmine once I get to her class.

    "Jeremiah's twin" she replied. What's all this one?

   "Who's  Jeremiah?" I asked confused. I asked one question when I got here now in my mind I have like five.

    "He sat behind you in JSS2" she replied. "You still can't remember? Are you losing your memory?" She asked again and I rolled my eyes. The only person I remember was behind me was...

    "'Smelly Jerry'?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. That can't be. How did smelly Jerry's sister become head girl. He's 'smelly Jerry'.

   "Yup. Only this time he's 'cute Jerry'" she said wiggling her eyebrows.

    "Ewwwww. He's anything but cute" I said and shuddered. Gross. " Who would classify Jerry as cute"

     "He was going through his awkward years"

   "Awkward indeed. Besides, I haven't seen Jerry since JSS3. I thought he left"

   "Kemi, Jerry is in your class" she said giving me a look.

    "My own class? Like my very own class?" I asked and she nodded. Repeat abeg. " Wait first" I said and rushed to my class to confirm. "I have a question to ask" I yelled once I get there but it's so noisy.
       "I said I have a question abi you guys did not hear me ni. Who's Jeremiah here abeg?" I asked once I get the silence I needed but immediately I asked that question, the noise intensified.

"Imagine the question"
"I thought she had something important to say"

   "I'm Jeremiah" I heard someone say at the back. "Alade Jeremiah". He said and walked towards where I stood. Okay then. "You went through all that trouble to find little ol me?" He asked gripping his chest. Yup gross.

    "It was a mistake. It's not your own Jerry I'm looking for" I replied not making eye contact.

    "So which Jerry were you looking for because I'm the only Jerry in SS3". We're actually doing this in front of the class? Can't we step outside?

    "Oh. Then you must be 'smelly Jerry' then" I said with a smile on my face.

    "You're mistaken"

      " You just said it yourself that you're Alade Jeremiah" I said with a small laugh. He didn't smell anymore. Obviously. And he's actually a bit good looking but anytime I look at him all I can remember is the image of 'smelly Jerry' with his braces and everything.

     You see back in JSS2, Jeremiah used to sit behind me and like every boy his age he was going through puberty. His awkward years.  And the body odour hit him hard. He had braces and everything and he used to sleep during classes a lot and he was extremely playful but he was good at sports. Everytime he passed, the evidence that he didn't use deodorant was clear but present Jeremiah is different. Tall, lean, muscular in the right places and as Jasmine said cute. He obviously grew well. Plus he smelt nice.

   "Can't you forget that nickname?" He asked groaning and I went to my seat while he followed behind and sat on Isaac's.

   "How do you expect me to forget something like that? It's like telling me to forget that the sky is blue" I said gesticulating.

   "You're still funny" he said with a chuckle.

    "And you're no longer smelly" I retorted with a grin. "So, your sister is Tofunmi? Didn't know you had a twin"

    "Lots of people didn't know at first but you're weird so I partially understand why you're just finding out" he said with a wink.

   "I'm going to take you calling me weird as a compliment" I said laughing.

   "You're sounding even weirder" he said with a laugh. "You're a prefect too?" He asked and I nodded. "What about your partner in crime, Jacob you guys still talk?" He asked again.

   "Nope. Gone are those days" I replied with a sigh. Me and Jacob were really close. It was obvious to everybody. We were as close as Jasmine and I and we were always putting our noses where they were not supposed to be which made us get into a lot of trouble.

    "I remember you guys teasing me a lot. It was really hard to fight you guys. Once you fight one, the other comes running" he said with a laugh. "You guys can't just drift that easily"

    "Already happened" I said with a far away look. I miss those days
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Who missed little ol me🤭?I kuku missed myself😂. I didn't know we'll be introducing another character but here we are.
  So, this coming weeks I'll be super busy. I'm reading for post utme and all so the updates might be a little late sometimes but I'm gonna try to keep things interesting.
      People of God and people of Earth, tell a friend to tell a friend to tell a friend to tell their friends and never let them forget that there's a book like rainbows and sunshines not. I have great expectations for this book😩❤️but I don't know if I can bring them to life. We're going to try. We won't give up without a fight 😌. I don talk too much🤭😂.
Okay, click the star button. It really motivates me and besides it's cute watching the star shine 😂. Comment too and let me know what you think.
XOXO❤️. Minnie mouse 😂❤️iykyk😏😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.6K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...
109K 18.5K 54
CopyrightΒ© 2020. All rights reserved. Completed! ~β€’BOOK 2 IN THE ROYAL SERIESβ€’~ Perhaps it was the fact that despite the inner turmoil she has, some...
45.9K 8.5K 33
A Nigerian girl living in another country finds out that there's more to her than just thick thighs, a large bum and a fat drum of insecurities. She...
5.1K 1.3K 12
FEATURED in @AmbassadorsNG reading list Kamharida heard the unfortunate news and smirked but when she realizes she's the only one who could see the b...