silhouette | jhs ✓

By SKULLJIN

방탄소년단 "Let me guess," she hummed pensively. "This is where you kill me, huh?" She laughed. He glanced at her... More

Note
Playlist
Prologue
1. Cold Life
2. Ghost
3. Pluto
4. Whiskey, neat
5. Curiosity
6. Good Things Come To Those Who Wait
7. Messages
8. The Painting
9. Unexpected
10. The Unwanted Visitor
11. Waiting
12. Swan Lake
13. Inquisitive
14. Sweet Pastries
15. Plans
16. The Music Box
17. Paranoia
18. Comfort
19. encounter
20. The Race
21. Late Invite
22. Sibling Bond
23. Protection
24. The Green Spruce Trees
25. Sealed Kiss
26. First Impression
27. brotherly advice
28. Overdue Conversation
29. Transparent
30. Undying Sultry
31. Decisions
32. Revisits of the Past
34. Jack
35. Persuasive
36. Shared Pleasure
37. Aftercare
38. Raincheck
39. The Blinding Hue of Jealousy
40. Confessions
41. The Woeful Farewell
42. Reassurance
43. Lurid Discovery
44. The Gardenia Flower
45. The Dreaded Nightmare
46. Warm Embrace
47. The Cellar
48. The Truth
49. Inexorable
50. Change
51. Pieces to the Missing Puzzle
52. Devoted Friendships
53. His Confession
54. Final Statement
Epilogue
Thank you!
Book 2

33. Hold Me Tight

56 8 4
By SKULLJIN

Seren slowly opened her eyes, meeting with the blank ceiling above her. Her forehead frowned, trying to remember what exactly she did before falling asleep the night before.

She turned her head to her left, that side of her mattress remained empty, but her sheets had creases, letting her know that someone had been resting there.

Then, it hit her.

'Hoseok slept here with me.' She remembered, rubbing away the fatigue in her watery eyes.

She dropped her hands, trying to remember if they did anything before she went to bed.

However, she couldn't remember much.

I might have accidentally fallen asleep while he was showering.' Seren concluded, getting up from the covers.

She combed her fingers through her hair, making her way to the bathroom to freshen herself before letting Hoseok see what a mess she was every morning.

She shut the door behind her as her eyes scoured the new items on the bathroom counter, Hoseok seemed to have so many products that he used.

She noticed a bottle with a white loofa hung around the cap, along with shampoo right beside the body wash. He brought with him his own toothpaste, a pack of floss, his cleanser, his moisturizer, and mouthwash.

Her eyes remained wide as she grabbed her toothbrush and toothpaste, squeezing a fair amount on the white bristles.

She wouldn't be surprised if he brought his own detergent and fabric softer.

Seren chuckled, shaking her head.

He was organized, he likely preferred to use his products than share, already having selected brands that he liked to use.

Once Seren was finished with her bathroom tasks, she made her way out, bumping into another passing body that happened to be walking by the bathroom just as she was walking out.

She yelped, still somehow forgetting that she wasn't alone in the house anymore.

"God, Hoseok. You scared the shit outta me." Seren huffed, placing her hands against her heart as if it would console its rapid pace.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were still in  bed." He defended, finding amusement in her scare.

"That's not funny." She muttered acidly, walking past him to enter her bedroom.

He followed behind, stopping at the doorway, watching her scour through her drawer. "I made breakfast for us." Hoseok informed.

She pulled out a sleeveless T-shirt, shutting her drawer. "Did you really?"

He nodded, his smile showing off the dimples on his cheeks. "I thought I should since I figured you would settle for leftovers from yesterday."

A small grin found her lips, "Thank you. I'll go eat right now, I'll just change my shirt."

He nodded, humming before leaving to give her privacy.

Seren switched out her shirts, throwing the other one in the hamper that was beside her vanity, and quickly left the room to follow Hoseok to the breakfast he had prepared for her.

"Here, and I want you to eat it all, please." Hoseok instructed, handing her the plate of warm food and a cup of water.

It was caramelized spam with a runny over-easy egg that sat above the pillow of white rice.

Her stomach began reverberating, reacting to the compelling scent that percolated in the air, making her appetite grow tenfold.

"Yes sir." Seren playfully mumbled, setting her plate down on the table to satiate herself.

"How did you make the spam? I thought I didn't have any spam?" Seren questioned with a full mouth.

"You didn't," Hoseok informed flatly, chewing his food. "I bought some."

Her chewing slackened, trying to process what Hoseok was telling her. "What do you mean? Like you left this morning and went to the store?"

He nodded, sipping his sprite. "Yeah, you didn't have much food, so I thought I should update the things in your fridge." His eyebrows rose at a concerned angle from the carbonated drink.

She set her chopsticks down, lifting from her chair to see her fridge.

Hoseok turned over in his seat, watching her open her fridge.

If she was being completely honest, the fridge was at its most full since her aunt had passed.

There was a case of Sprite, a new case of water, a dozen of eggs, pre-made kimchi, practically everything she could think of. It was in that fridge.

"Hoseok, how much did this all cost?" Seren asked, astonishment in her voice as she opened the freezer.

Of course, there was more.

"You bought frozen food, too?" Seren scoffed, baffled by the amount of food in her refrigerator. "You even bought me sweet corn ice cream?" She asked incredulously, picking up the wrapped corn.

"Your freezer only had dumplings and a single ice tray that wasn't even filled." Hoseok lectured, slightly chuckling. "I'm serious about you eating more. Just in general, I don't want you to be malnourished."

She shut the freezer, shaking her head. "You can't just- I mean... you've done so much since you got here. Too much." Seren stated, walking over to him. "I feel so bad. I know you said I'm not a burden, but I feel like one-"

"Seren, please stop." He grabbed onto her hand, standing up from his chair. "You're not. I promise you, you're not. I chose to fill up the fridge, and I also chose to stay here with you because I care so much about you. Not because I pity you, or because I feel bad. None of those are the reasons why I do what I do."

His hand went below her chin, raising her head. "I want you at your best, I love you too much to just leave you here alone, with no food, and defenseless against what you're going through."

Her throat was parched, staring up at Hoseok with marvel in her eyes. Her lips slightly parted, staring into his eyes, her cheeks shaded a bright red when his words had entirely processed in her head.

He loved her?

She had a feeling that those words would come out sooner rather than later, especially with all the things he was doing for her to keep her safe.

"I- I know you're doing this because you love me..."

"No, Seren." He said. "I don't think you understand what I said. I love you, sincerely, deep in my heart, I love you." His voice was gentle and slick, eliciting a flutter in her unnerved heartbeats. "I think I've loved you since the night we were in my jacuzzi, I just had no idea if it was too soon, so I never said anything."

"Really?" She asked, her eyebrows raising.

"Yes, really." He confirmed.

"Yesterday, when we were on the couch, I thought about that. I thought about how I was certain I fell in love with you when we were in the jacuzzi together." Seren revealed, placing her hand above his shoulder. "It wasn't just because you looked so good without a shirt on, by the way."

Hoseok quietly chortled, placing his hand above her back.

"I just don't want you to feel forced to be here." Seren hesitated, shrugging.

"Trust me, I wanna be here." Hoseok embraced her, placing her head on his shoulder. "And last night was probably the most peaceful rest I've had in years."

"Why do you say that?" She asked, pulling out of his shoulder.

"It just felt nice knowing you were there. And how you would curl up into me during your sleep." He kissed her head, leaving his lips there.

"I'm sorry, I fell asleep while you were in the shower." She mumbled an apology, kissing the side of his neck.

"It's okay, I'm glad you got some rest for once." He giggled at the butterflies that her single kiss granted his body. "I didn't have the heart to wake you up this morning, either. You looked so peaceful, I just told myself I'd hurry so I'd be here when you wake up."

Her shoulders dwindled, sighing into him. "I'm so happy you're here with me. It helps knowing I have you."

"I'm happy you trust me enough to have me here." He whispered in her ear, his warm breath caressing her skin.

She found it ironic that the first time they met, he was helping her pick up the mess she made with the drinks that fell on the floor. She remembered exactly how she felt when he did, and how no one else was there to help, simply staring at the bedlam she created.

Regardless, he helped her. How he continued to help her, and be there for her just like the first day they met.

Seren hugged him tighter, shutting her eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 480 30
Basically a book full of Maylor oneshots. Includes fluff, smut, and several kinks. Warning : Good writing skills not guaranteed. P.S. I take constru...
272K 12.5K 35
Getting a job as a nurse at a Mental Hospital doesn't sound so bad right? Well I have no choice I need a job, so I started working at Dark Willows Me...
4.4K 258 23
Yang Haneul was always the shy type, however when she's on stage, she is confident. With her angelic voice, men and women swoon over her. One night w...
184K 3.8K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...