The Summoners' Heir

Від Lasanai7

Born to both light and shadows, I'm respected but feared. I have lived many centuries and served as a general... Більше

Welcome
Chapter 1: A New Timeline
Chapter 2: A First Lifetime
Chapter 3: A Lifetime ago
Chapter 4: The Golden Thread
Chapter 5: Not Today, Babushka
Chapter 6: Mission: Sol Koroleva
Chapter 7: Thank you, Genya
Chapter 8: Alone, But Never Lonely
Chapter 9: Yes, Mother. Yes, I will.
Chapter 10: A Corporalki's Insight
Chapter 11: Dining with the Darkling
Chapter 12: A Promise to Ravka
Chapter 13: Baghra's Plea
Chapter 14: The Sun's Announcement
Chapter 15: Your Queen Awaits
Chapter 16: Your Queen Awaits Part II
Chapter 17: A Family Reunion... Almost
Chapter 18: For the Love of a Daughter
Chapter 19: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 20: My Princess is Perfect
Chapter 22: Everything I Do, I Do For You
Chapter 23: It's Like Looking In A Mirror
Chapter 24: Never Let Me Go. Ever
Chapter 25: Moya Rebe, Moya Luna, My World, My Everything
Chapter 26: You Are Not Alone, Not Anymore
Chapter 27: Like A Father
Chapter 28: Spill The Tea
UPDATE!! (Not a chapter - sorry y'all)
Chapter 29: The Sweetest of Realisations
Chapter 30: Till Infinity Runs Out
Chapter 31: Only Love Could Hurt This Way
Chapter 32: Irreplaceable
UPDATE
Chapter 33: Precious Gem
Chapter 34: You'll Never Walk Alone
Chapter 35: The First of Many Eclipses
Chapter 36: Gathering The Puzzle Pieces
Chapter 37: Paying the Price
Chapter 38: Two Faces Of The Same Coin
Chapter 39: The Heart of His Storm
Chapter 40: The Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 41: Only Know You Love Her When You Let Her Go
Chapter 42: This Meant War
Chapter 43:

Chapter 21: We're Finally a Family, Father

991 34 28
Від Lasanai7

"Wake up, Princess."

Fedyor was just as bright and cheerful as before we started the journey. He had no right to be.

"Wha... why" I groaned.

"We're home."

I looked out the carriage, and he was right. We were already here.

"I slept for three days?"

"Seemed you needed the sleep, Summoner," Ivan piped in.

He really had his pick of moments.

"Oh, come now, Ivan. It was a long journey."

"Three days, Fedyor?"

I already had enough of this.

"Alright, I'm getting off now."

As I moved to the door, Fedyor seized my wrist - not threateningly, but not gently, either.

"No, wait... please, we'll stop. The Darkling would kill us if we let you go unescorted."

"How would he even know?"

"Because..."

"Because he's waiting for our arrival," I finished for him.

I was delighted to see that Mother was with him. She was grinning and waving. The Darkling looked, well, happier than usual. My excitement got the best of me, and I waved just as enthusiastically. Seeing Mother seemed to do that to me - no matter the time period. I felt like I was eight and not eight hundred.

"Stop the carriage!" I cried.

"Wait, we're nearly there," Fedyor tried.

Before he finished his thought, I had already opened the door and was already making my way out.

"Wait, for goodness sake..."

Fedyor rushed to follow behind me, but I was running. Running towards Mother, her arms extended, ready to embrace me with the sun's warmth. I let the comfort of it wash over me. Being in her arms was home.

"Moi Soverenyi, I..."

The Darkling raised his hand, immediately stopping Fedyor in his tracks.

"Thank you for bringing her home safely, Fedyor. Tell Ivan to report to me later."

"Of course, Moi Soverenyi,"

Then the Darkling turned to me, completely changing his tone. It was much brighter when he addressed me. 

"Welcome home, Leksi," he greeted.

Reluctantly, I let go of Mother to face him.

"Moi Soverenyi," I acknowledged with a curt nod.

He grimaced at the title but said nothing. But I wasn't sure what to address him as now. I wasn't sure how I felt about him at this point, especially considering what he said to Mother at camp. I...

"It's good to be back."

I found myself smiling. Genuinely. I was at home, Mother was here, and I realised I was actually pleased to see the Darkling.

"Thank you for leaving me the carriage."

"Anything for my favourite Summoner." 

"Well, that's no secret," Mother pretended to whisper, nudging me in the ribs. 

He took a step forward as if to reach for me, but he seemed to decide against it, halting his motion, "I trust you had a pleasant journey back."

"Indeed. I, um... I actually slept the whole journey."

This brought a smile to the Darkling's face. There was no hesitation at all, I noticed. I seemed to be the only one to trigger that response.

Interesting.

Mother laughed.

"Did you really?" she asked.

"Yeah," I was laughing now, "Time with this one," I said, pointing to the Darkling, "is really draining. I really needed the rest."

Mother and I were holding each other now, on the brink of losing it.

The Darkling scowled, but you could see the playfulness in his eyes. He was enjoying this.

"I'm not that bad, am I?"

"You really can be," Mother chimed in.

"Oh, that's right. You had to endure him at the camp."

"How'd you know that?" The Darkling asked, his expression now curious.

I knew the question he was asking.

"Yes, Darkling, I heard and saw everything that night."

"What night?" Mother inquired.

"It seems you and I aren't the only ones with a connection, Mother."

"How's that possible?" my parents asked in unison.

I shrugged.

"No clue. I have no such connections with either of you in my time. It's new to me too."

"I wonder what the significance... no matter. We'll figure it out later," the Darkling decided.

"You must be exhausted, Leksi. Your Mother was when we arrived yesterday. The fatigue seems to be a family trait."

"Ah, rude," Mother gasped, feigning defensiveness.

He chuckled.

Gosh, he was in a good mood.

"No, on the contrary, I feel great. I did sleep for three days after all."

His chuckle turned into a warm, resonant laugh.

I noted how much it gave me comfort. Despite our rocky relationship, I realised that the Darkling was a symbol of safety to me. Dangerous territory, I know.

"So, did you see any cute heartrenders on the way back?" Mother teased, nudging me quite aggressively.

"Maaaam... stop."

Even in this time period, she was already involved in my non-existent love life. Some things never changed.

"You know, I saw this really cute..."

"Mum!"

It was at this point the Darkling cleared his throat.

"Oh, come on, Darkling."

I tried not to laugh. It really was funny that the Darkling, centuries old, was jealous of an unnamed heartrender. He literally has children with her. Me!

"You ladies must have a lot of catching up to do. Perhaps I could arrange for you two to have dinner together."

"Oh, that would be lovely!" Mother basically shrieked.

But she was beaming, and this seemed to please the Darkling.

"Splendid. I'll see to it, then. Leksi, Miss Starkov," he nodded to each of us, "I'll see you both later."

Just before he turned, I reached for his wrist.

"Wait!"

She is perfect.

I let his words repeat in my head. I let the warmth of them wash over me. I envisioned the smile he said it with. There had been no manipulation there. I could see it in his eyes. That's when it hit me. The Darkling; the Black Heretic, one of the most powerful Grisha ever, Aleksander, my Father - my father loved me.

He loved me.

He cared.

Oh, I so wanted to believe it. I so wanted this to be true. He had made an effort many times, and I pushed him away. I had refused to see it. I had never really given him a chance. I was afraid, unsure, but I didn't want to be anymore. Perhaps I should try, give him a chance. Let him be my...

He turned to face me and in his eyes was a gentleness I had never seen in him before.

"Leksi?" he asked softly.

Hopefully

"F... Father," I hesitated, grabbing his other wrist, "Father, will you join us for dinner too?"

He seemed shocked by my request.

Did he not understand it?

"I'm sorry?"

"Will you join us for dinner?"

"Who?"

"You!"

"Who am I?" he asked, a grin on his face.

Oh, now I get it.

"Father," I said, returning his smile.

Tenderly, he reached for my face. Stroking my cheek, and with tears in his eyes, he leaned down and planted a kiss on my forehead. I closed my eyes as I leaned into his embrace, letting his cloak envelop me. This moment reminded me of that memory...

This was how it should've been.

"Moya rebe," I felt him murmur against my forehead.

"You aren't busy?" I asked, still in his grasp.

He chuckled, a soft, low one this time.

"Anything for you, milaya."

I grinned.

I realised I would always remember this moment.

He gave me another quick kiss on the cheek before letting me go. I already missed the warmth of his cloak.

"I'll see you girls tonight."

I went in for one last hug.

"Bye, Father," I said, grinning against his chest.

Immediately, his arms were around me. He was still smiling too.

"I'll see you soon, moya luna," he said, squeezing me more tightly.

"You two really are inseparable today!" Mother commented.

Despite the teasing, I could tell she was really pleased.

We all were.

We were finally a family.

Hey Guys,

Welcome back! I really hope you enjoyed reading that chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. :) I know it's not Saturday yet, but I just got so excited and wanted you guys to read it ASAP. Honestly, isn't the Darkling as a daughter Dad the best? Once again, thank you lovebeyondwords for inspiring the name of the last chapter. Let me know your thoughts on this chapter and potential names for it in the comments below. Have a great weekend and see you next week. :)

|

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

3.7K 311 44
WARNING: SPOILERS FOR SHADOW AND BONE SERIES Before he became the Darkling, Aleksander was just a boy hoping to build a world where all Grisha could...
117K 3.7K 53
A darklina story~How would the story end if the battle at the climax of Seige & Storm between Alina and the Darkling happened at a different place an...
48.8K 1.5K 20
In a desperate attempt to save ravka Alina intends to time travel to before her power was revealed and kill the darkling the first chance she gets. T...
129K 5.5K 72
An original book following the story of Y/n Oreli, an orphan from Keramzin who has been best friends with Alina Starkov and Malyen Oretsev since she...