The Myth Of The Winter's Child

By EmilyWest04

Bucky X Daughter Cassidy Gray is an unlucky child. Her Mama is sick and a monster of a father is abusive. Th... More

FOR YOU
ACTS
Prologue
Act 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Act 2
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Act 3
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Act 4
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Act 5
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
ACT 6
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 25

1K 30 6
By EmilyWest04

2014

Cassidy and the soldier speeded away in the car from the scene. Cassidy looked back up at the building to see Steve looking over it trying to find them but he quickly gave up and ran down and down the building onto his bike.

The ride was quiet but Cassidy could feel the tension from the soldier, he remembered something. When he looked into the blue eyes of the man, he saw a small skinny boy with a bloody nose.

He tightened the hold on the steering wheel almost to the point of bending it. Cassidy watched as he threw off the mask and smeared all of his makeup around his face. He was frustrated, his eyes were filled with emotion. Something Cassidy rarely saw, she squirmed in her seat. She felt uncomfortable and picked at her nails. Her nails were beyond repair, she always picked at her cuticles until they bled and continued out of anxiety. The nails were almost non existing from years of biting and tortoure. Old dried blood surrounded her nails, it was always there and it never went away.

The soldier made a sharp turn that caused Cassidy to hold on to her seat. They arrived at a mansion, Cassidy had no idea where they were. Cassidy had never been there but the soldier had. It was beautiful, there was a marble statue of a woman in front of the house with green grass. A couple of expensive looking cars were parked in front of the house.

The house was almost built out of glass, there were glass windows everywhere and a very little wood to hold it together.

The soldier parked the car in a rush and ripped the door open and got out. Cassidy jumped out of the car as well "Where are we?" She questioned closing the door behind her quietly "Quite" The soldier yelled. Cassidy flinched, she looked up at him. His eyes were red, it looked like he had been crying but there were no tears. His mouth was in a firm line, his fist was clenched. She was sure if he opened his fist there would be blood.

Cassidy nodded and the soldier stormed towards the house. Cassidy had to run behind him to follow up, she didn't like the feeling coming off of him. She didn't know Steve could have that big of an influence on him.

The soldier needed to see him. He needed to see his handler, they had been too long away. It should only have been a couple of hours but it had been over 8 hours to eliminate him. And when he saw the man with blue eyes, and that shield.

He knew he had seen those eyes before and held that shield a long time ago. He knew it but he wasn't sure. He knew it was a long time ago, but he couldn't trust it.

Maybe it's a test to see if he would be obedient. Maybe they wanted him to fail and put him in the chair again.

The soldier stopped in front of the side door in the backyard. He took a deep breath shutting everything down before he picked the lock and walked inside.

Cassidy knew someone was home. She knew Pierce was home, she could feel him but someone else was as well. But she didn't know who.

When they walked inside, the soldier closed the door and grabbed Cassidy swinging her up onto his hip. His heart was beating out of his chest, when he sat down in the chair and waited. Suddenly the light in the hallway turned on and Pierce walked into the dark kitchen and opened the fridge. He hadn't noticed them until he took the milk out.

The soldier sat perfectly still and Cassidy held onto him tightly watching their new handler intensely with scared eyes. "I'm going to go Mr. Pierce. Do you need anything before I leave?" A woman's voice could be heard from down the hall. "No it's fine Reneta you can go home" Pierce answered looking at the two of them. He smiled at Cassidy making her turn her head hiding herself from him.

"Want some milk?" Cassidy's ear peaked and she turned her head fast and almost jumped out of the soldier's hold trying to get to the glass on the table. But the soldier held her tightly into him, he growled lowly and Cassidy looked up at him. His bright blue eyes were shining with fury in the moonlight. Cassidy sat back again with teary eyes.

Pierce smirked at her reaction, and took a big sip looking at Cassidy's desperate eyes on his glass of milk. "The time table had moved. Our window is limited." He started to walk around the kitchen island drinking his glass of milk.

"Two targets, level six. They already cost me Zola. I want confirmed death in 10 hours' ' Pierce took a seat at the table right beside the soldier and Cassidy.

"Sorry Mr Pierce, I forgot my phone" The woman came into the kitchen, her eyes widened when she saw the soldier and the little girl in his arms. She started to panic when Pierce stood up and grabbed a gun "Oh Reneta I wished you had knocked" He shot her multiple times in the chest.

Pierce placed the gun at the table and Cassidy watched the gun and then him. He drowned the last of the milk and leaned back into his chair letting out a big sigh "Now I have to find a new house keeper" He scratched his chin.

He looked back at Cassidy "Would you like to keep this house clean for me?" He leaned forward towards Cassidy, she could be a perfect little house lady. She would do everything he said. Cassidy tightened her grip on her papa, her body started to shake by the thought of getting separated from him.

Pierce saw tears slip down her chin "Aww you don't want to get separated from Daddy" He whipped the tear away from her cheek, he smiled "I get it. Frankly I think your dad wouldn't survive without you" He smirked looking up at the soldier. He could see the panic in his eyes and his jaw twitch. The soldiers' hold on the little girl became slightly tighter when he proposed the idea.

Pierce stood up and laughed "Don't worry soldier, I don't have any plans on separating the two of you. Yet at least" He grabbed his glass and turned around walking around the island putting the glass in the sink and the milk in the fridge before leaving the kitchen. He did manage to throw a wink at the soldier before he turned around the corner.

After Pierce left the soldier got up with Cassidy on his hips and walked out and into the car, he placed Cassidy in the passenger seat. The sun was rising when they came to the walt, Rumlow was there taking them inside.

"Down the blender you go" He smirked and opened the door to the room with the chair. The soldier walked up to the chair and placed Cassidy down and sat down. The metal sprung around his arms holding him down, the seat was cold he could feel it through the thick leather of his clothes.

Cassidy held onto his pants and watched as they put the mouthguard in his mouth and pushed him back into the chair. The sounds of his muffled screams as the maschine was turned on sent chills down her spine. The soldier couldn't feel anything or remember anything, not really anyways he could hear voices inside of his head. Numbers, screams, whispers, someone talking far away.

He could feel Cassidys hands on his legs, her hands were twisted in his pants holding on to him like she was going to lose him. The mouth guard was pulled out and he could finally breathe, he blinked multiple times to get rid of the fogginess.

The soldier looked at the sealing waiting, he didn't know what but he didn't try to get up. "What are you waiting for, get up" Someone yelled, Cassidy looked back to see Rumlow storming over to the soldier. "Get up you have a mission" The soldier finally looked at him in confusion 'mission?' he thought. Rumlow rolled his eyes "Oh yeah the blender. You have to kill two level six threats, think you can handle that?" Rumlow spoke a little louder.

The soldier looked at the ceiling one more time before he got up from the chair, the sudden dizziness was almost enough to knock him off his feet. But it didn't, he followed Rumlow into a different room to get more guns and weapons.

When they got to the car the soldier was almost unrecognizable. Cassidy had never seen him, with this many weapons attached to him. Every single square of his body had some kind og wepon or bomb attatched. It was scary and overwhelming.

The moment the soldier saw the car on the highway he jumped up onto the roof, Cassidy stug her head out of the open door and held onto the side. The soldier held up one finger telling her to stay, before he jumped onto the moving car in front of them and pulled a man out of the window and onto the moving traffic on the other side.

The soldier pulled his gun and shot through the roof of the car multiple times, suddenly the car stopped in the middle of the highway and the soldier was thrown off the car. Cassidy gasped watching it happen in front of her. The soldier used his metal arm to stop himself on the road, and stood up.

The car Cassidy was in was running straight for the car on the highway. Cassidy didn't have time to dug before it ran straight into the car in front of them. The car continued to drive and the soldier jumped onto the victims car holding onto the roof. The soldier smashed the glass and grabbed the wheel and ripped it off. The soldier jumped onto the car Cassidy was on and held onto the car.

The soldier looked back at Cassidy, she was almost thrown out of the car when it ran into the other car. The soldier could see she was struggling with holding on, so he grabbed her by the back of her jacket and placed her in between the glass and him and held onto her. Cassidy saw the car the victims were in flip and the people inside got out just in time before it landed with a crash.

When the car stopped the soldier placed Cassidy on the ground behind him and grabbed the gun a man took out for him. The soldier proceeded to fire it at his targets, he aimed at Steve but, Steve held up his shield and it exploded against it making him fly over the bridge and into the oncoming traffic below the bridge.

Cassidy was behind the soldier who walked slowly towards the other two who were still on the bridge. The agents behind the soldier and Cassidy fired repeatedly at them. Sam and Natasha hid behind the cars on the highway to get out of sight.

Natasha pulled out her gun and fired back at them trying to hit them. The soldier saw Natasha and aimed his gun towards her, Natasha noticed and jumped over the railing and onto the other side of the road into traffic.

Natasha ran in between the cars the agents kept firing at her, but the soldier followed her through the scope of his gun. When he saw the opportunity he fired but he hit the car she ran behind instead. Natasha jumped off the bridge and used a hook to grab onto the bridge and swung down and ran under the bridge. She stopped when she saw the shadow of the soldier on the side she was running towards.

Cassidy kept herself behind the soldier, her mask was making her claustrophobic. The soldier was aiming over the bridge but suddenly the shatter of glass could be heard and the soldier dug down. Cassidy saw when he turned that his glasses were shattered, the soldier took the glasses off. He was blind with rage, he stood up and held the tricker down and aimed right under him over the bridge.

Natasha took the opportunity when he dug down to run over behind the bus that had flipped over, and when the soldier fired where she stood previously she shot at him. The soldier dug down again, she was smart. Very smart.

Cassidy could feel the rage skyrock when he dug down a second time, she didn't know what to do. She stood awkwardly and watched as the soldier fired at Natasha. "У меня есть она. Найти его" the soldier watched as she ran down the road under him, away from him

"I have her. Find him"

The soldier jumped over and landed on a car, it crashed when he landed on it. Cassidy ran over and looked down "Папа" she yelled. He didn't look back; he was dead set on getting her. The agents jumped down with the soldier leaving Cassidy alone on the bridge.

"Papa"

He will come back Cassidy thought, she looked around when she heard gunshots under her, she started to hear grunts and screams under her when she hid behind one of the cars. Suddenly a man came running and started to shoot at the HYDRA agents "Go! I got this" He screamed to Steve under him.

Cassidy watches the agent getting shot in the chest and drop to the ground. She needed to get down and find her papa. She stood up and looked around, she couldn't breath with the mask on so she ripped it off and threw it on the ground.

"Hey!" She heard someone yell behind her. She turned around and her eyes widened when she saw the man, running towards her with his gun in the air. Cassidy turned around and was about to run but before she could he grabbed onto her arm.

"You're with them aren't you?" It wasn't really a question Sam knew, when he turned her around her eyes were glistening with tears. "Hey it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you" He loosened the grip on her arm. "I'm Sam, what's your name?" He kneeled down to her level, putting the gun down onto the ground slowly.

Sam blinked and suddenly he was overwhelmed with emotions, he heard air and cries for help. He wasn't on the bridge anymore, he was in the air flying towards his friend who was falling from the sky tears brimming from his eyes as he watched his friend hit the ground.

Sam blinked and was snapped out of it, the little girl wasn't in front of him anymore. He wiped the tears that kept streaming down his face away, and ran over to his car to get his suit.

Cassidy ran, when she saw Sam drifting off in his vision. His eyes became teary from the image, and she took the distraction to run over to the edge of the bridge. She could see her Papa far down the road fighting Steve. She could see the shining metal from his arm and the knife he was holding.

She looked down, it was far. But she could make it, she would heal herself anyway. So she wouldn't die. She crawled up and stood and looked down, her hands started to shake. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes before she jumped.

She let out a little scream feeling the air around her and the rush in her ears, Before she hit the ground something grabbed her around the waist. "Don't worry I got you" Sam yelled and leaped into the air again, Cassidy was clinging to him, when he flew up.

Her heart was beating out of her chest. Sam held onto her tightly, when he flew towards Steve and the masked soldier. Steve had a grip on his mask and flipped him over, the soldier stood up again "Bucky?" Steve couldn't believe his own eyes. His best friend was alive.

"Who's Bucky?" The soldier raised his gun aiming at the blond man in front of him, but before he could take the shot something kicked him in the back. Sam landed, still holding onto the little girl.

When his feet touched the ground, Cassidy started to kick and trash in his hold. She bit down onto his hand and he yelped and reliced her. Cassidy ran for her papa. The soldier watched her run over to him and he bent down to pick her up when she was in reach. He pulled his gun again aiming at the man again, but an explosion went off. Police and armed cars started to surround them and the soldier used the smoke to run away from the scene.

Steve was kicked onto his knees, he didn't remember how he got into the handcuffs and into the car. He was too focused on his best friend and the look in his eyes. He didn't recognize him, he had changed, he lost his arm and had a little girl at his side.

"Have you been crying?" Natasha groaned besides Sam "Shut up" Sam tried to wipe his cheek in his shoulder.

A/N: Sorry for the long wait

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 3.3K 22
Bucky had always been a constant irritant in your life. From the moment you walked into the compound, you and Bucky hated each other. However, one te...
14.6K 379 40
Natasha thinks she's lost all her hope. Alone in the red room she feels like a no one, like no one needs her. That's until she meets a little girl...
797K 24.4K 72
[ COMPLETED ] child /CHīld/ noun noun: child; plural noun: children a son or daughter of any age. a person or thing influenced by a specified environ...
10.2K 555 28
In Which Isabelle, a 14yo, is trained to be a widow since she was 2. When she turns 8 , hydra steals her from the Red Room Academy to conduct experi...