Waterworks (H2O Just Add Wate...

By Fireleaves

After the death of her mother, Zoey Shaw moves with her father to the Gold Coast for a better change and scen... More

Note
Cast
Part I
1. Metamorphosis
2. Pool Party
3. Catch of the Day
4. Party Girls
5. Something Fishy
6. Ida's Secret (An Original Chapter)
7. Moon Spell
8. The Denman Affair
9. Dangerous Waters
10. The Camera Never Lies
11. Sink or Swim
12. The Siren Effect
13. Shipwrecked
14. Blue Moon (An Original Chapter)
15. The Big Chill
16. Lovesick
17. Under the Weather
18. Bad Moon Rising
19. Hurricane Angela
20. Hook, Line, and Sinker
21. Red Herring
22. Fish Out of Water
23. In Too Deep
24. Love Potion # 9
25. Dr. Danger
26. A Twist in the Tail
Part II
27. Stormy Weather
28. Control
29. The One That Got Away
30. Fire and Ice
31. Hocus Pocus
32. Pressure Cooker
33. In Hot Water
34. Wrong Side of the Tracks
35. Riding for a Fall
36. Missed the Boat
37. In Over Our Heads
38. Fish Fever
39. Moonwalker
40. Get Off My Tail
41. Irresistible
42. Double Trouble
43. Moonstruck
44. The Heat Is On
45. The Gracie Code Part One
46. The Gracie Code Part Two
47. And Then There Were Five
48. Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble
49. Reckless
50. Four's Company
51. Sea Change
52. Unfathomable
Part III
53. The Awakening
54. Jungle Hunt
55. Keep Your Enemies Close
56. Rogue Tide (An Original Chapter)
57. Big Ideas
58. Secrets and Lies
59. Happy Families
60. Kidnapped
61. The Sorcerer's Apprentice
62. Revealed
63. Just a Girl at Heart
64. Crime and Punishment
65. To Have and to Hold Back
66. Mermaid Magic
67. Power Play
68. The Dark Side
69. A Magnetic Attraction
70. Into the Light
71. Breakaway
72. Queen for a Day
73. The Jewel Thief
74. Mako Masters
76. Too Close for Comfort
77. A Date With Destiny
78. Graduation

75. Beach Party

171 9 3
By Fireleaves

The bell rang, signaling the end of the school day. Amidst the chatter about the end-of-the-year party, a bittersweet realization dawned: this would be our last one together as we were all graduating. I'd make sure to take a ton of photos of the event to send to Emma.

"So, are we gonna go to this party tomorrow?" Rikki wondered as our group walked along the hallway set to exit the school campus.

"Of course we are. It's the end of school," Bella answered her.

"It could be the last time our whole year gets together," Cleo stated.

"Why does it have to be a formal?" Will asked, worried he would have to find a tux at the last minute.

"I don't know. None of us have really ever been into that sort of thing," Rikki replied.

"There was the one dance we had a couple of years ago," I pointed out, remembering we dressed up a bit.

"The first time I asked you to such an event," Patrick smiled at me.

"That's exactly what I told the student council," Bella explained.

"And?" Rikki turned to her.

"They agreed. So instead of a formal, it's a beach party."

"Wicked," Cleo nodded.

"So, you have no excuses for not going," Bella told Will, assuring him that he wouldn't have to stress about finding a suit.

"I always wanted to go," Will told her. "Just not in a tie."

"OK. Well, now it's officially beach chic."

"Ooh, I don't know if I have any of that."

"Are you kidding? You're entire wardrobe's that."

"Yeah, we've survived Year 12. I think we deserve to party," Rikki agreed.

"I'm down," I nodded. "Those many weeks of prepping for those final tests have me mentally drained."

I turned to head for home when Patrick caught up with me.

"Since we were all talking about the beach party," he said. "Think you and I could go together?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "I kinda had a hunch that we'd show up there."

"Just wanted to be sure."

🌊

The following day, I went through my closet, trying to pick out an outfit with a beach theme. There was a knock at the door.

"Zo?" Fiona peaked in, "How are you doing?"

"Pretty good. I'm just trying to throw together an outfit for the end-of-the-year party. This time, it's a beach party."

"That'll be fun. The last Year 12 party I went to was a formal evening one. So, did Patrick ask you? I was told you two have been going out for two years."

"We're kinda in the friend zone. But we like hanging out together."

"Sounds like you both are more than mates."

"Guess you could say that."

Fiona helped me put together an outfit that went well with the beach theme. 

"This reminds me of when my mum would help my sister and me dress up for school events and parties," she grinned after we put the outfit together. 

"That must've been a huge privilege," I nodded.

As a kid, I didn't go to many school events since I was always overseas with Mom and Dad. However, Mom helped me dress up until I was old enough to do so alone. The fun part was packing for our trips abroad.

🌊

Later, Patrick picked me up when it was time for the party. As we were leaving, I got a text from Cleo informing me that Will had asked Rikki to accompany him to the party, which prompted Bella to ask Nate out. I found all of that odd since Will and Bella were into each other, and Rikki was content without a significant other since she was still recovering from the breakup with Zane. 

"Everything okay?" Patrick wondered as I read the text.

"It's awkward," I answered, putting my phone away and not wanting to pull him into any more drama than I already have.

When we arrived at the beach party and met up with Cleo, Patrick and I were surprised to see Nate's arm on Bella's shoulders. I could tell Bella was trying to have a good time and prepare for singing. 

Next, Will arrived with Rikki. I had to guess there had been a misunderstanding. 

"Um, what's going on with them?" Patrick asked just as Bella started performing, and we went over to the refreshments.

"I think there was a mix-up," I guessed as I watched Cleo and Rikki talk, which I figured had something to do with what happened. 

Will approached them and asked Rikki something. Both of them went over to the dancing crowd. Out of that horde, the two weren't dancing. I noticed they were talking about something serious.

Zane arrived and confronted Will. Rikki said something as if to tell him nothing was happening between them. Zane shoved Will to the ground. Patrick and I went over to help Rikki prevent Zane from starting a fight with Will. Bella stopped singing on noting the scene.

"You've been after her the whole time," Zane glared at Will.

"No, I haven't. I've been after her," Will corrected him, pointing out Bella, who stepped off the platform and approached him.

"Me?" Bella asked him, sounding shocked.

"Yeah."

There was a brief moment of silence. I figured Will had asked Rikki to help him rehearse on asking Bella to the party. Bella misheard him, thinking he was asking Rikki to go to the event, and it got her to ask Nate out as her other half.

"No way, Will," Nate frowned at him. "Bella came with me." Right in the process, he accidentally knocked into Cleo, who was holding a drink. The contents inside the cup spilled onto Bella, who dashed toward the water.

"Bella," Will called out and ran after her.

"Looks like I'm free after all," Nate leaned into Cleo's ear.

She turned, glaring at him, and walked away.

"Could you have made a bigger fool out of yourself?" Rikki glared at Zane, who then left.

Patrick and I decided to leave the party, not wanting to get entirely involved in more drama. So, we ended up swinging by a froyo place.

🌊

The next day, I met up with the girls at the moon pool. I figured Bella and Will worked things out.

"So, it's actually official?" Cleo asked Bella, who had informed the rest of us that she and Will were officially a couple. "You two are together?"

"We're together," Bella nodded.

"Hallelujah," I sighed, happy that the awkward drama was over.

"Now, is this you and Will or you and Nate?" Rikki inquired, though we all knew she was joking.

"I'm sorry," Bella apologized. "I should have spoken to you sooner."

"The important thing is never to let a guy come between us again."

"Never."

"From now on, it's just the four of us," Cleo turned to each of us.

Soon to be five of us. I thought about Emma's return and wanting me to keep it as a surprise for the others.

"So, what are we gonna do today?" Rikki asked.

"The four of us," Cleo jumped in.

"Uh, well, I kind of told Will I'd see him," Bella responded.

"Oh," Rikki sighed. "Well, I guess you'll just have to do that then."

"Go on. We'll be fine," Cleo assured Bella.

"Yeah," I nodded, faking sadness as I continued the joke just as they started grinning.

"You are too easy to fool," Rikki giggled.

"Go on, have fun," Cleo smiled at Bella.

"Just for that, I will," Bella remarked as she was set to leave the moon pool.

"Hey, just remember one thing," Rikki spoke up. "I feel really jealous."

The rest of us laughed out loud. Bella giggled and submerged under the water.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 206 16
After defeating Monroe The Whole Pack decided to take a vacation to Australia Gold Coast sponsored by Derek and Peter but after a day in the city the...
32.5K 635 30
โYou now have to make a sacrifice, for all merpeople's safety. You have to run away.โž โ™กโ™กโ™ก Lily Hartwood is your typical teenager. Who cares if she ha...
10.9K 268 26
Zoey Blake once had everything. A family, friends, boyfriends. She was a singer, popular, and liked by everyone. But that all changes in just a blink...
48.1K 1.2K 20
Allie's life has never been perfect, but her brother always made sure to shelter her from all the bad. Between him and her 3 best friends, she reall...