★Kirby's Super Star Trial!★ (...

Peachmangopie323 द्वारा

[Illusts in every chapter!] ✭The events of this story happens 2 years after Void Termina's defeat, where Kirb... अधिक

Introduction
Chapter I: Since the Beginning of Time
Chapter II: The Land of Dreams
Chapter III: Other Friends
Chapter IV: Meta Knight's Origins
Chapter V: Truth to be told
Chapter VI: Set him free
Chapter VII: The Wish Granting Spell Book
Chapter VIII: Aboard the Halberd
Chapter IX: A trip to the shores
Chapter XI: The Sound Of A Heroic Heart Shattering
Chapter XII: Milky Way Wishes
Chapter XIII: Glory Through Toil
Chapter XIII part 2: Who am I?

Chapter X: Just Like You

553 10 14
Peachmangopie323 द्वारा

Long before the Dreamland we know today, the time where Kirby was still off to deal with Nightmare,

A young and small Waddle Dee with a fighting spirit stood in his feet.
In Castle Dedede, children are tasked to do simple chores while adults handle guarding and harder labor, this child however, refused listen to what the adults had to say and stayed on his post with a spear on his hand.

One day, the King was walking through the halls and saw the said Dee and immediately approached him.

The tiny Dee tried to sit still but his hand were shaking as the King was about to take a closer look.

"What's the little one doin here?"
The king asked a guard.

"Well it seems like he wants to be a guard your majesty, he won't listen to us when I tell him to give us the weapon!"

"Hmmm so you're a lil tough guy huh?" He looks closer,

The tiny Dee's heart raced, he doesn't know what to do, there's a chance that he could get punished for not doing what he's supposed to do-

"Welp Little Dee here has a passion for being a royal guard, maybe teach him the ropes will ya? Maybe he'd grow up to be my finest warrior who knows." He chuckles as he gives the
little one's head a pat.

The tiny dee's eyes widen, his eyes were almost tearing up, the King's approval is all he needed, from that day, he vowed to be strong, to defend King Dedede, to be his right hand man. He began to idolize his king, he trained and worked hard to get where he is today.

At the age of 14 he is now one of Dreamland's greatest defenders, He's almost like Dedede's own son, isn't that his long dreamed happy ending?

"When I grow up I want to be just like you Your Majesty!" Said the optimistic bandana dee.

Bandana Dee started his day like normal, he noticed his head felt a bit more heavy than usual, maybe he was just hungry.

An hour passed and he felt his stomach hurt, he has felt worse so he also shrugged that off.

Another hour passes and the stomach pain got really worse, he finally decided to ask for help.

"M...miss my stomach hurts..do you have some kind of medicine for it?"

"Oh! sir Bandana Dee! Let's get you to your room.." The servant girl noticed how the poor boy looked pale, she immediately told the other servants to prepare hot water.

"W-what's going on with me?" Bandee asked.

"Everything will be alright, this is happens to everyone, just sit still and I'll try to ease the pain."

"Okay.."

Around that time Kirby and Sailor were off to another trip, sailor is really taking advantage of her vacation, she managed to cheer Kirby up somehow by giving him as many food as she can make!

"I'm sorry if this comes off as weird but.." Sailor asked, she had been observing the little pink boy inhale mountains of food.

"Yes miss Sailor?"

"Do youuu..digest things? Or food just disappear once you swallow something?"

"I don't know... but what I know is, I could eat as much as I can without getting full, I guess if everyone has the opportunity to not get full they'd sure eat alot!"

"Good point."

Somewhere near to where Sailor and Kirby were, a group of soccer players gathered to their meeting place waiting for their captain,

"It's 12:04 pm and captain bandee isn't here! He's never late! What do we do??"

"Maybe we should call him to check if he's alright?"

"Let's visit him!"
The players nodded and agreed until Marx appeared on their back.

"Its no need, he's not coming today because of some stomach ache, is it really a big deal if that chump doesn't show up?"

"Stomach ache?"
"How did you know?"
"Of course it's a big deal! He tells us what to do!"
"Without a leader we won't be able to practice!"
The team chattered

"Well shit I survived crashing into a planet sized galactic nova and absorbed it's powers and YOU'RE wondering how I know what happened to some fragile loser." Marx rolled his eyes and sighed.
"I'll be your captain only for today only because I'm bored."

"Eww! You're just going to sabotage us!"

"Well it's either me or nobody" Marx crosses his arms.

"..."

"I'll make sure we would win without that Banana Dee whatever his name is, are you with me?" He exclaimed, maybe teaching a couple of kids some tricks would keep him occupied, it's like he has anything to do as long as he can't decrypt any of the spells.

The team had no choice but to follow Marx,
"Well, the popstar soccer team doesn't miss on new opportunities yeah?"
"I think this is for the best.."

Sailor and Kirby rests beside a tree and told each other stories.

"Miss Sailor, is liking girly stuff...bad?"

"What? No, who told you that?"

"No one in particular..."

"Then why?"

"I don't know why I feel shame about liking girly and cutesy things even if it's nothing to be ashamed of.."

"Kirby...don't listen to anyone that tells you you should feel that way just because you're a boy.." Sailor looked at him with eyes full of concern

"You're kind of like my big sister and all...do you experience something close to that?"

"Not really, but I know how it's like to have to hide who you are you know?... mainly when I was a young girl being a sailor isn't a feminine job I had to pretend like a lad my whole time at the sea.."

"What?"

"Captain Vul recommend me a job to the Halberd and I had to tell him that I'm a girl because it gets harder to hide it when you grow up."

"Does it even matter?"

"Jee, I know right? I can't believe I had to persuade them to accept me and now I'm the crew member who takes the most jobs!" She scoffs resting her chin onto her palm.

☆゚.*・。゚*.✧Flashback--

"See young lady as much as your skill sets are promising I can't promise you'd get accepted. How about...keep that act for a bit longer?"

"But I'm 17 there's no way-"

Captain Vul interrupts, stuffing her short growing hair under her hat.
"You look convincing if you just tuck all your hair on that cap, I'll do the talking."

"Okay.."

"Ahem." Captain vul called everyone's attention.
"We have a sailor boy who wants to work as our assistant."

Sailor Dee was nervous.

"He looks a bit short, and skinny for someone his age..." The crew speculated.

"You're a girl aren't you?"
Axe knight said jokingly, he didn't think he was actually right.

Captain Vul and Sailors expressions dropped, their silence and shock only meant she is.

"Wait for real? That would be a problem since we don't need more damsels to protect- ow!" Captain Vul hit axe knight's head as he completely foiled his plan.

The crew wasn't really shocked, instead they showed concern for the Sailor.

☆゚.*・。゚*.✧

As Sailor continues to blabber, Kirby didn't hear the footsteps approaching him.

"Hey Kirby!"

The two snapped out of the flashback and noticed a grinning Marx infront of them, his hands were in his back as if he was hiding something.

"What do you need Marx?" Kirby's mood immediately dropped

Sailor instinctively grabbed Kirby and backed off, she knew that Marx's assertiveness means he could do harm.

"Why so tensed up? I haven't even moved yet!"

"What's the meaning of this!?" Kirby exclaimed

"My revenge!"

Marx grew his distorted yellow wings and let out a maniacal laughter, he spread a glowing book in his hand and absorbed it's power.

'of course, why haven't I thought of that sooner?' Marx thought to himself.

Kirby shimmied his way out of Sailor's grasps and prepared himself to attack.

"Kirby!!!"

Marx emitted large amounts of power making it a struggle for Kirby to approach him.

"Gg-gahh...I'm..gonna...KILL YOU!!"
Kirby grit his teeth and kicked the floor to pierce againts the wind.
"I'd like to see you try!"
Marx laughed.

As the pink boy almost grabbed Marx's neck mid air, Marx reacted quickly and gave Kirby a super hard kick.

"GGKK-..HH!!
Kirby went flying, he didn't land quite well and broke his arm.

"You really think I'd behave that easily? After I betrayed you? You shouldn't have let me live, you're lame, an idiot!" Marx walked closer to the crawling Kirby.

Kirby was helpless, he wasn't prepared for this battle and he didn't bring any copy essence with him. He panicked, he tried to crawl away only for Marx's wing claws violently grab his leg.

"Now..how should I kill you?"
The jester lifts the poor Kirby's face from the ground by grabbing his hair.

"I want it to be humiliating, to be painful, just like when you threw me like garbage at nova!!" Marx shouted.

Kirby could not speak, he only let out desperate groans in hopes that someone would hear him.

He wanted to cry, he felt like passing out, the pain he is in were numb.
He could only hear his thoughts.

'is this the end?'

'i can't die like this, not in his hands...'

'miss sailor...I hope you ran away far..'

Kirby closed his eyes and accepted defeat.

"OOOMPF-!!" Marx felt a large hard kick to his head, it was strong enough to make him collapse.

As the fog that Marx created fades away, Kirby was able to move he immediately looked for who defeated Marx.

"M-miss Sailor!?"

"Haaaahh...hah..what are you waiting for? Immobilize him while he's still paralyzed!!" Sailor huffed and made sure Marx was completely knocked out.

Kirby was dumbfounded by what he just saw, but he quickly got up and landed a hard hit on the defenseless jester.

"Why don't you just give up on being a bad guy you stupid stupid clown!??" Kirby growled gritting his teeth in anger.

As Kirby was mercilessly putting Marx in his place he had to let out all the bullying Marx had done the past few months,

Sailor then noticed the book Marx had dropped, she immediately picked it up and knew it was the book Meta Knight was talking about before taking off.

She panicked, she had to tell her boss right away!

Sailor removed her hat and hid the book inside, she temporarily removed her mask and took a deep breath as she rests on a tree.

*Beep*

"haahh..hhah..Sir Meta Knight?"

"Sailor? What happened?" Meta Knight quickly replied.

"Ah well, I think you dropped that book with the weird cat face in it.."

"...Pardon?"

"The spell book thing!"

"Right...hmm..could you perhaps read the contents on it?"

"N-no...it's all Halcandrian!"

"Good. That means you've found it. Well done Sailor Dee."

"W-wh-what do I do sir??"

"Just keep it hidden and never reveal or give it to anyone until we get back."

"Leave it to me!"

*Beep*

'If merely absorbing some of this book's power can almost kill Kirby...Who knows what this book could do!?'

Sailor is left with a task she must fulfil, but before that she saw the mangled bloody state Marx is in and decided Kirby had to stop.

"Kirby I think that's enough..."

Kirby's knuckles were soaked in blood, Marx is still very alive but he made sure to rough him up until he learn his lesson.

Kirby wiped the blood on Marx's white shirt and approached Sailor, leaving the jester bleeding in the middle of the fields.

The soccer team continued to repeat the kicks Marx taught them early on but they started to feel like their new captain was gone for too long.

"Marx had been gone for 20 minutes isn't that weird?"
"He probably ditched us"
"I think so too, but let's go look for him."

Our hero and the Sailor were exhausted and decided to go home.

"Hey..you alright? Let's clean you up on the castle. Are you in any pain? I have some healing food in my pocket..." Sailor kneeled infront of Kirby checking for any critical wounds.

"Miss Sailor how did you do that?"

"Like, an axe kick?"

"Like fighting! Knocking people out with a kick!"

"I don't know if I want to go over that but.."

☆゚.*・。゚*.✧

"But seriously Captain I don't think Lord Meta Knight would approve of her!"

Sailor pouts.

"She'll serve as our brain for all of you numbskulls are only good for fighting!" The captain rests his palm in his temple and sighed.
"What if you all just teach her self defense huh? Will that suffice?"

"That's not part of the job description!" Sailor whined.

"If you're a man yeah." Sword responds

"What different does it make!?" Sailor glared at sword knight.

"Let's be honest here you look like the character that always gets kidnapped to lure us on an enemy base!"

Sailor's dark and dead eyes pierced directly at the knight, she's starting to want to accept the training just to beat them all up.

"She's the smartest lackey we've got! The sailors left in the dock only knew how to fish and untie sails!" Vul testimonies.

The crew takes on good look on Sailor Dee once again.

"Okay...lady, as long as you acknowledge that you might die, you really have to learn to fight if you want to work for us!"

"....fine" she replied with a bit of salt.

"We could even teach you! Right knights?"

"It don't sound half bad!"

"Well then, Miss Sailor Dee, welcome to the Halberd."

Shortly after Sailor Dee had a meeting with the Meta Knight himself, he read her resume from top to bottom and she filled every requirement needed for the job. She was accepted right away!

☆゚.*・。゚*.✧

"I had months of training alongside doing my actual work, it was so exhausting and thank god it's over a decade ago."

"Just because you're a girl?"

"Yes but heeeyy the training paid off somehow, I wouldn't have saved you if I couldn't fight! It's all good."

"Do you...do you have a reason to work under Meta Knight?" He wondered, it isn't normal to just overwork oneself that willingly.

"At first it was just all for the salary and how cool sounding the job was, I mean, working on a full battleship and for a very popular guy? It was a big opportunity!" Sailor was also too young and naive to reject or pass on Captain Vul's offer, she didn't want to live in the fishy smelling coast forever.
"But now, I realized our crew members aren't just barbaric drunkards but chivalrous people that risks their life for their planet, and that motivates me to help save the world and help heroes like you!"
Sailor gave him a big bright smile giving some inspiration and hope to the boy's eyes.
Kirby admired his optimistic friend, he gave sailor a hug as they walk back to the castle.

"Thank you for saving my life." He smiles as the sunset's reflection glistens in his eyes.

☆゚.*・。゚*.✧ about 2 hours later.

"That's not a very funny joke! That is not true...no..!"

Kirby heard cries on the hallways.

*Door slams shut*

"Ughh..no...noooo..."
Kirby followed the noise to find Bandana Dee curled into a ball, he was breaking down, to which Kirby immediately asked.

"What's the matter??"

"I..i-...i don't want to talk about it yet..*sniffles*...let me be.. please.."

"I can't just leave you like this bandee...I'll be here when you need me." Kirby comforted.

The orange haired boy continued to sob as Kirby pat his back.

"Do you need water?"

"no I'm..I'm fine.."

He finally calmed down, took a deep breath and looked at Kirby with helpless and tired eyes.

It made Kirby even more concerned.

Bandana Dee took a deep breath and leaned on a wall,

"What's the matter?"

"Its..it's that..I will never be who I always dreamed to be when I grow up." He takes rapid breaths

"Like what?"

"To be a man!"

"Are you gonna die??"

"No!! I was bleeding even though I wasn't hurt, even they were shocked to find out I was actually a girl!" Bandana wiped his face in frustration, he didn't want to believe what was happening.

"Bandana.."

"I haven't seen anyone's parts all of my life how was i supposed to know right!?"
"Like..god...all that I ever dreamed about is that one day I would be big that i would have a beard! Its all gone.."
His voice cracks.

"H-hey that's alright...no one is stopping you from still being you!"

"Not when I start looking like a girl, one day everyone will know and they'd start treating me differently!...what if King Dedede finds out? What would he think? Am I going to get abandoned??"
Bandana grabbed Kirby's shoulder and shaked him out of panic.

"No wonder my voice never changes unlike boys my age, I wasn't even a boy after all!!" Tears gushed down his face.

"H-hey...there's nothing wrong with being a girl-" Kirby mumbled.

"I-It changes everything! You won't understand since you'd still look the same until I die!"

"..."

"..."

"D...don't say that.." Kirby felt hurt.

"I don't want this body I don't want to live like this! Im jealous of you Kirby! Of your power and your popularity and that you're a real boy!" Bandana ranted as he slams his fist on the cement floor weeping.

Kirby stood up and pats his orange hair.
"Bandana...I really get the feeling of how you're doomed to live the future you don't want." Kirby, with all of his power left tried not to cry, but tears kept gushing in, his shaking hand strokes his brothers orange hair in attempt to calm him down. He doesn't want to hear him spout more of such stupid words.

"The future I'll live is that I will witness all of my loved ones die...I will witness...you..die.." Kirby's voice was breaking apart.

Bandana heavily breathes as he wipes his tears.

"You don't know how afraid I am that one day all of you will just slip through my fingers and I could do nothing about it! And do you really think I want to be me? How I'm always the one to step up on every single disaster just because I have powers I didn't ask for!!" Kirby cried.

The atmosphere felt heavier , they both have their own fears, their own consequences that they'll have to deal with the rest of their life. Bandana didn't mean to hurt Kirby at all, for a moment he wished he could be young for very long and capable as Kirby, but as he watches his pink brother burst in tears no one would like to have a future destined to watch everything you love gone, to watch everything die. Kirby would stop valuing friends in the next thousand years, all of them will be just another lifespan he would barely age through.

Bandana realizes his mistake, his little brother needs him, Bandana has never felt strong emotions like these before, he hates it.
He took a deep breath, they could only think rationally when they're calm.
He apologized.

"I'm..I'm so sorry Kirby, my mind was in shambles I didn't think of what I said.." bandana Dee hugged the little one and sobbed. "It was stupid of me to get jealous of you. I'm sorry for making you cry."
He embrace him tighter.

".....it's..its..okay...don't worry! You know..You're the best brother I could ask for Bandana Dee, and always will be..." Kirby sniffled and hugged back, Kirby isn't okay but he really just wants the situation to be over.

"You too man...you too.."

Bandana Dee and Kirby wiped their tears and stood up, they cheered each other up, everything will be okay. As long as they have their family and friends healthy and alive, they would live those times to the fullest.

With their eyes worn out of crying, it did take them a while to get over it together, a hefty amount of junk food from Bandana's secret snack stash definitely helped their nerves out.

"There should be some sort of magic spell out there to change your body." Kirby suggested.

"It could make me look worse, I don't really trust magic.."

"We'll find a way soon nuff!"

"Of course!"

"When do well tell King dedede? Or do we? It's really up to you..."

"I want to get it off my chest now, after all it's him who I trust the most!"

"Alright!"

The two held hands and entered the throne room, Kirby felt Bandanas hand get colder and shiver, he gave him a big ol pat and told him it will be alright.

"Well if it isn't Bandana Dee!" The king greeted.

"Your majesty!!...I uhh..I want to tell you something...it's uhm.." he stuttered.

To be continued.

⭐ Notes ⭐
Kirby says trans rights

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1.2K 195 31
Kirby and his friends find a mysterious doppelgänger of themselves... Then they get trapped in the Dimension Mirror! This is my first fanfic, so it m...
18.6K 577 24
A tale about an extraordinary Waddle Dee, a couple of Star Warriors, a penguin king and his adorable minions, the king's annoying right-hand snail, a...
26.9K 908 46
Far beyond the stars, yet in a world far closer to our own than you might ever imagine, there is a starry world named Planet Popstar. This world play...
100K 1.4K 18
You are a shy, but hard-working young girl (you're not exactly "human" but you aren't a Cappy either) that one day takes a vacation to Cappy Town to...