𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐬

By kyrieswriting

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* [au] hoppington & dirty munson no upside down shit, no demogorgons, no demo-dogs, no vecna or cha... More

the smiths.
ONE: byers-hopper.
TWO: scoops ahoy.
THREE: discount.
FOUR: be together.
FIVE: you're wrong.
SIX: stay the night.
SEVEN: by the lake.
EIGHT: opening up.
NINE: the break up.
TEN: uss butterscotch.
ELEVEN: you were right.
TWELVE: a nice romance.
THIRTEEN: give it your all.
FOURTEEN: liquid courage.
FIFTEEN: have a good night.
SIXTEEN: platonic soulmates.
SEVENTEEN: people like us.
EIGHTEEN: he's perfectly fine.
NINETEEN: swear to god.
TWENTY: want to be alone.
TWENTY-ONE: comforting.
TWENTY-TWO: still in love.
TWENTY-THREE: every step.
TWENTY-FOUR: tomorrow.
TWENTY-FIVE: temptations.
TWENTY-SIX: psycho killer.
TWENTY-SEVEN: for you.
TWENTY-EIGHT: i'm right.
THIRTY: you can talk to us.
THIRTY-ONE: huge fuck up.
THIRTY-TWO: spin the bottle.
THIRTY-THREE: i did love you.
THIRTY-FOUR: the emptiness.
THIRTY-FIVE: i love your hair.
THIRTY-SIX: pretty please.
THIRTY-SEVEN: make it weird.
THIRTY-EIGHT: you're all mine.
THIRTY-NINE: back massage.
FORTY: me, you and our friends.
FORTY-ONE: of course, mon chéri.
FORTY-TWO: god, i'm pathetic.
FORTY-THREE: commitment.
FORTY-FOUR: rest of my life.
FORTY-FIVE: a sorry pizza.
FORTY-SIX: going to chicago.
FORTY-SEVEN: it's paintball.
FORTY-EIGHT: okay to cry.
FORTY-NINE: i'm so in love.
FIFTY: i love you more.
epilogue.

TWENTY-NINE: weathertop.

97 12 19
By kyrieswriting

WHEN THE TWO return to the table, Robin and Nancy are busy being lovey-dovey with one another, Jonathan and Argyle are talking about a movie like always, well the older long haired boy is rambling about the said movie as his boyfriend listens intently, all while James is completely facing Steve and they're talking about a show they both have been watching without knowing this whole time.

Rhys is right.

Eddie sat down by his secret boyfriend, glancing around, not wanting to meet the blond's smug gaze set on him. He can't let him have the satisfaction of being right. So he just sat there and waited until James would start paying attention to him, but it never came. Up until their bills were brought over and they all went up to pay, James had put an arm around Eddie's shoulders and tugged him into his side, "I'm gonna go hang out with Steve after this, so to make it up to you, I'll pay your meal." He whispers into the shorter's ear.

Eddie tries not to remain calm about it as he looks at the taller. "Fine." He says as he hands over the bill for his meal when they got to the counter. Eddie went over to wait by the door as James waits patiently behind Nancy who's paying for herself and Robin, and also Jonathan who's paying for himself and Argyle. Steve came to stand by him, holding up his bill, "pay for me?" He's smirking and James just chuckles, grabbing the piece of paper.

"I kinda owe you anyway, right, for last time?" He says and Steve tilts his head, "I don't really believe in owing anyone money that they've spent on you, but sure, that's it." He says and James looks at him. "Why do you not believe that?" He asked, chuckling softly and Steve shrugs. "My love language is gift giving, spending money on people rather than showing affection." He says as if it's so casual to mention to someone that you love them.

"Oh, you love me?" James grins at Steve as Rhys is standing behind the pair with his arms crossed, eyes squinted and his jaw clenched. "Eh, sure, I guess. I love all my friends, James, equally." He added and James just nods, glancing ahead where Jonathan had stepped up next to pay. "Love me the most right?" He looks back at the Harrington.

Steve blushed, looking away as his brows furrow. "You wish." He says and James chuckled, watching as Jonathan now goes over to his boyfriend who wrapped an arm quickly around his waist before they step outside with Nancy and Robin. James went next and Steve is still standing with him so Rhys glanced over at Eddie to see him clenching his jaw and staring out the window. The blond walks over, standing behind him, "hey darling, do you wanna head to my place when we're done here?" He asked and Eddie looks over.

"I don't know, Rhys. You seem dangerous to be around right now." He says as he crossed his arms and Rhys just grins. "Is that a bad thing?" He asked and Eddie just stared at him. "I guess not..." He says quietly and Rhys smiled big at him. "Okay, well you're my ride then because I walked here from the Hideout." He says and Eddie just sighed quietly.

"Okay, sure..."

After James paid, Rhys went next while the Hopper approached the Munson by the door. "See you, Munson, don't miss me too much." He says and Steve just chuckles, heading out the door. "Oh, how could I ever not miss you?" The shorter said melodramatically with a hand over his chest and James chuckles. "I'll see you later tonight?" He asked quietly.

"No, as punishment, Jamie, you see me tomorrow." Eddie corrected and James frowns. "But I already paid for your meal." He says and Eddie shrugs. "I can be petty sometimes." He mumbled and the Hopper just smirked before leaning in to press a quick kiss to the Munson's forehead. "You got nothing to worry about. I love you." He whispers before walking out and the shorter just sighing quietly.

He turns his head to look at Rhys who now came to stand by him, smiling faintly. "Wanna get shit faced?" He asked and Eddie sighs, really not wanting to say yes but ultimately saying yes because he feels like shit. Outside near their vehicles, everyone said farewell to one another and went their separate ways. And since Steve was driven here by Robin and Nancy, he got to hop on with James which he looked a bit too happy about.

And then it was just Rhys and Eddie standing there. "Come on then," Rhys made his way towards the Munson's vehicle. "We got a bottle with our names on it." He says a bit too gleefully as Eddie complies, following after the blond towards his vehicle.

Meanwhile in James' car, the Hopper glanced at the Harrington who's bouncing one leg up and down. "So... where do you wanna go?" James asked quietly and Steve shrugs, looking over. "Wherever you wanna go." He says, smiling shyly and James just chuckles. "You wanted to hang out but didn't have a plan in mind?" He asked and Steve looks away, scratching the back of his neck gently.

"I--I didn't exactly plan that far ahead, I kind of thought you'd say no." He says admittedly and sounding embarrassed as he looks around. "Oh. Well, then mind if I choose?" James asked and Steve glanced over. "Not at all." He says, smiling at the other who just nods.

"Cool..."

It's not that late, around 6:47 maybe when James arrived to the spot. Weathertop. Steve's been here before maybe once or twice, the two made their way up the hill all the way from the road. "Why are we going to Weathertop?" Steve asked and James pats the chest pocket of his shirt gently. "To get high as kites." He says and Steve chuckled softly.

"You do this often?" He asked and James shrugs. "Maybe once or twice by myself this past summer..." He replied and Steve nods, looking straight ahead. It's been maybe two minutes and he's already tired. James adjusted his backpack, "I have snacks, juice, water in this, for munchies." He explains and Steve glanced over, nodding softly. "How long are you planning to hang out here?" He asked and James shrugs, looking back at Steve.

"However long you want." He says, smirking and Steve nods, smiling faintly. "Or at least maybe until the weed wears off. My dad constantly lectures me about driving under the influence." James sighs, but he can't really blame his dad, he gave 15 years of his life to the police force, two before James was born and then lost that job then found a new one when he met Joyce, so all is well now at least.

Jim uses his police officer knowledge a lot on James who takes in the information and praises the knowledge like it's from the Bible or some shit. The two sit at the top under a blanket from James' backpack, smoking the two joints that James had brought with him. Weed was totally something they had in common, depending on it a lot when they're sad, but not abusing it, no, because James knows that weed is a gateway drug. (Also from his dad.) He also made a promise to not become sort of weed loving zombie.

He does love weed, but he knows how it affects people and same goes for Steve. He likes the buzz once in a while, everyday would be over doing it for him. He already feels dumb enough already, being high all the time would make him feel way more dumber.

"Hey... what's your favourite book?" James asked, crawling to lay across the blanket and resting his head onto Steve's lap. "Hm? Oh," the Harrington snaps out of his staring at the nice clouds daze. "I think... Little Women is pretty good." Steve looks up at the sky again and James hums, closing his eyes.

"I like Eleanor and Park, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo... And Red, White, & Royal Blue is probably what made me want to start writing romances of my own. Like, with both men." James glanced up to find Steve had glanced down and begun staring at him. "I think... that representation is so important because it makes me feel seen, heard and loved, and... like, not alone, you know?" He says quietly and Steve nods.

"Hm, when do I get to read more of your book? I feel like it's really good and on a whim, you should... get it published." He smiled. "Yeah? At your publishing firm?" James asked with a wide grin and Steve nods instantly. "Totally." He says and James sighs a little dramatically. "Only one can dream." He says quietly.

"I'll make it happen, I promise, Jamie..."

authors note
me: a nice clean jeddie break up with understanding for one another 🙂
my mind: messy break up 😈
me: what.

+ guys. i can't wait for u guys to read chapter 37 <3 and yes i prewrote up to 37 chapters now bc this is my comfort fic to write rn especially when i'm high or i'm feeling sad
(it's almost all the time)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 6.4K 37
will and mike had never liked each other from the beginning. mike would always bully will, but he never actually had a reason why. both boys hate eac...
167K 2.4K 16
⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING THIS STORY HAS SELF HARM IN IT YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED⚠️Eddie munson was a boy at your school, he came up to you one day and asked fo...
Take on Me By Ash

Fanfiction

4.9K 172 16
Steve Harrington and Eddie Munson, even though defeating Vecna and saving the world together, have not become the best of friends. Steve hates to...
2.5K 112 15
Eddie sighed, bottom lip popping out as he tried to control his emotions. "God, I fucking hate Vecna," he confessed, looking away from Steve. "Do you...