TWENTY-NINE: weathertop.

WHEN THE TWO return to the table, Robin and Nancy are busy being lovey-dovey with one another, Jonathan and Argyle are talking about a movie like always, well the older long haired boy is rambling about the said movie as his boyfriend listens intently, all while James is completely facing Steve and they're talking about a show they both have been watching without knowing this whole time.

Rhys is right.

Eddie sat down by his secret boyfriend, glancing around, not wanting to meet the blond's smug gaze set on him. He can't let him have the satisfaction of being right. So he just sat there and waited until James would start paying attention to him, but it never came. Up until their bills were brought over and they all went up to pay, James had put an arm around Eddie's shoulders and tugged him into his side, "I'm gonna go hang out with Steve after this, so to make it up to you, I'll pay your meal." He whispers into the shorter's ear.

Eddie tries not to remain calm about it as he looks at the taller. "Fine." He says as he hands over the bill for his meal when they got to the counter. Eddie went over to wait by the door as James waits patiently behind Nancy who's paying for herself and Robin, and also Jonathan who's paying for himself and Argyle. Steve came to stand by him, holding up his bill, "pay for me?" He's smirking and James just chuckles, grabbing the piece of paper.

"I kinda owe you anyway, right, for last time?" He says and Steve tilts his head, "I don't really believe in owing anyone money that they've spent on you, but sure, that's it." He says and James looks at him. "Why do you not believe that?" He asked, chuckling softly and Steve shrugs. "My love language is gift giving, spending money on people rather than showing affection." He says as if it's so casual to mention to someone that you love them.

"Oh, you love me?" James grins at Steve as Rhys is standing behind the pair with his arms crossed, eyes squinted and his jaw clenched. "Eh, sure, I guess. I love all my friends, James, equally." He added and James just nods, glancing ahead where Jonathan had stepped up next to pay. "Love me the most right?" He looks back at the Harrington.

Steve blushed, looking away as his brows furrow. "You wish." He says and James chuckled, watching as Jonathan now goes over to his boyfriend who wrapped an arm quickly around his waist before they step outside with Nancy and Robin. James went next and Steve is still standing with him so Rhys glanced over at Eddie to see him clenching his jaw and staring out the window. The blond walks over, standing behind him, "hey darling, do you wanna head to my place when we're done here?" He asked and Eddie looks over.

"I don't know, Rhys. You seem dangerous to be around right now." He says as he crossed his arms and Rhys just grins. "Is that a bad thing?" He asked and Eddie just stared at him. "I guess not..." He says quietly and Rhys smiled big at him. "Okay, well you're my ride then because I walked here from the Hideout." He says and Eddie just sighed quietly.

"Okay, sure..."

After James paid, Rhys went next while the Hopper approached the Munson by the door. "See you, Munson, don't miss me too much." He says and Steve just chuckles, heading out the door. "Oh, how could I ever not miss you?" The shorter said melodramatically with a hand over his chest and James chuckles. "I'll see you later tonight?" He asked quietly.

"No, as punishment, Jamie, you see me tomorrow." Eddie corrected and James frowns. "But I already paid for your meal." He says and Eddie shrugs. "I can be petty sometimes." He mumbled and the Hopper just smirked before leaning in to press a quick kiss to the Munson's forehead. "You got nothing to worry about. I love you." He whispers before walking out and the shorter just sighing quietly.

He turns his head to look at Rhys who now came to stand by him, smiling faintly. "Wanna get shit faced?" He asked and Eddie sighs, really not wanting to say yes but ultimately saying yes because he feels like shit. Outside near their vehicles, everyone said farewell to one another and went their separate ways. And since Steve was driven here by Robin and Nancy, he got to hop on with James which he looked a bit too happy about.