TWENTY-SEVEN: for you.

JAMES HAD TO drive home Steve first, he knew he had to. "We can talk on your front porch." He whispers when he stopped the car and the Harrington just quickly nodded. "I'll be here... waiting." Eddie mumbled and James just glanced back before he walks with Steve over to the front door step where they stood. "So... what's going on?" James asked.

"I just wanted to talk..." Steve says and James nods, sitting onto the bench on the front where Steve joined him. "About... you, uh, I wanted to ask how you are." He tilted his head and James looks at him. "I'm fine." He smiles and Steve nods softly, smiling faintly. "Good to know." He said and glanced away.

"Um, I also wanted to mention one teeny tiny thing..." He said, looking at James who glanced at him, curiously. "I wanted to, you know, hang out more. It's like we don't really have time to as much anymore." He shrugs and the Hopper felt bad instantly, glancing away. "It isn't you." He quickly says, looking at Steve who just nods, letting out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding in, smiling faintly.

"Can I hug you?" The Harrington asked and the Hopper's brows raise slightly before smiling. "Yeah, of course." He said and the way Steve scooted closer, wrapped his arms around him tight and held one hand over James' head, he felt... safe. He felt guilty he hasn't felt this way in Eddie's or anyone else's arms since he woke up in the hospital.

So the hug made him crave more as he held onto Steve's waist a little bit tighter, closing his eyes. "Jamie, you can let go now." Steve whispers and James chuckles. "Sorry..." He said and pulled back slowly, staring into deep chestnut brown eyes. He smiles faintly then slowly got up, "maybe we can hang out tomorrow." He suggested.

"Yeah, maybe..."

In the car, Eddie had already crawled into the front seat while waiting and was silently staring out the window. "Ed--" "I don't really care... you can drive me home now." So James complied, driving all the way to Eddie's trailer where he parked and stopped the engine. "Eddie, you know I love you, right?" He looks over to see the Munson staring straight ahead of himself, not even reacting or turning his head towards James. "Eds?" James reached out and grabbed his boyfriend's hand.

"Yeah, I know." Eddie quickly replied, still not meeting James' eyes as the light brown haired man was staring at him. "So, will you forgive me? Because I'm sorry... I mostly suggested we keep it a secret for now because I kind of like it being, like, our thing. You know? It feels like old times and plus, the others would just lecture us that it won't work out or something and I don't really need that negativity right now... so, I'm really sorry, Eds." He says and Eddie finally looks towards him.

"Okay..." He whispers and James furrows his brows. "Okay you understand what I mean or okay you forgive me?" He asked and Eddie shrugs. "Okay for both, I suppose?" He says and the Hopper just chuckled softly, squeezing his hand gently. "Can... I still stay the night?" He asked and Eddie tilts his head. "You know I can never say no to you." He says, grinning and James squints his eyes.

"You do. Like a lot. Or at least you use to." He shrugs and Eddie just rolls his eyes, smiling softer as he glanced away. "I just... I got a little jealous because Steve--" "nothing went on between us, Eds. And I assure you it never will." James says, looking away and squeezing Eddie's hand in his gently. "Yeah... but you did like him before." The Munson says quietly and the Hopper glanced at him.

"Well, that was way before, right? You have nothing to worry about now." James says and Eddie just stared at him. "Do you wanna head inside now?" He asked quietly and James nods, smiling. Inside the trailer, James and Eddie had a nighttime routine, Eddie switches into plaid pyjamas for the night, slips off whatever jewelry he's wearing and once James is done getting undressed until he was just in his boxers and tanktop under his button ups, he comes to stand behind Eddie, wrapping his arms around his waist.

Then just stands there, swaying them side to side as he leans down to kiss Eddie's neck. "I love your hair." He mumbled and Eddie grins, but it slowly fades away at the thought of Rhys. When he was younger, he got a buzzcut then grew it out, and when he met Rhys, and saw his long hair reaching his shoulders and sometimes growing out to a bit past his shoulders, Eddie decided to grow out his that long too. And now it was always at his shoulders or a bit past his shoulders with bangs. "What's wrong?" James whispered as he kept kissing Eddie's neck and the short quickly turns around in his embrace.

"Nothing." He smiles, slipping his arms around James' neck and stepping closer. "You sure?" The Hopper asked and the Munson nods. "Yeah..." He said before leaning up slowly. "Can I kiss you?" He smiles and James nods. "Of course." He mumbled and Eddie closed the gap between them, kissing him gently and passionately as he pulls James closer. The taller brought them over to the bed, laying down and pulling Eddie over him.

But like every other time, James feels uncomfortable the moment his back hits the bed, memories he's regained flash in his mind and he just to gently push Eddie away who immediately got off him, no longer straddling his waist but rather sitting by him. "You're okay." He says in a soothing tone, one hand brushing over James' as the man frantically glanced around the room. "Sorry." James mumbled, looking away from Eddie.

"It's okay..." Eddie frowns, wondering why he's apologizing for something out of his control. "I just..." James turns to him, raising one hand to the side of Eddie's face. "I wanna be good for you." He said quietly and Eddie blushed, furrowing his brows. "What?" He asked and James just leans in, kissing him gently. Eddie kissed back, a little unsure because he didn't know what James meant.

James pulls back, "can we try it with you laying on your back?" He whispers and Eddie furrows his brows. "Try what?" He asked and James just shrugged. "Anything." He mumbled, leaning closer and closer to Eddie who just stared. "Oh..." He said and James just looks away. "I'm sorry, it's stupid." He says quietly and Eddie just tilted his head slightly. "No, it's not... we can try it with me on my back." He smiles softly before laying down. "Come here, Jamie..." He whispered and James listened, leaning over Eddie. He smiles softly, going between Eddie's propped up legs, holding one as his other hand goes up to Eddie's face.

"I love you," he mumbled as he leaned in close, connecting their mouths and Eddie wrapped his arms around James' waist, whispering it back when his lover pulled back to start kissing at his neck, holding him tightly.

authors note
sometimes i wonder if ppl see me typing so much on my phone and start wondering what i'm writing so much on my phone.
anyways