SIX: stay the night.

STEVE DEFINITELY HAS a thing for James. But it's odd. James and Eddie use to have be a thing. He had felt bad when he watched James slip off his shirt before jumping in the pool, he'd even felt worse when he kept watching James who sat up onto the edge of the pool, or when he watched James pushing his hair out of his face. He's so... hot.

He couldn't help thinking about it as the three of them swam and drank their beers sitting at the edge of the pool, where Steve was now and watching James on the opposite side, lift himself out of the pool to sit on the edge, the way his back muscles flexed. He looked back to the beers and quickly picked it up, taking a sip from the opened beer can.

"Hey, you good, dude?" Eddie is by him suddenly now, reaching for his own beer. "Yeah." Steve answered quite quickly, taking a sip from his beer again and Eddie glanced over to where James was swinging his legs back and forth in the water. "We should've invited the others over, and play chicken fight or something. What else is there for us to do than swim and drink beers?" Eddie asks.

Steve's face turns red again as he takes another small sip from his beer. "Yeah, it is kinda lame." He looks at Eddie who's arms are up on the edge of the pool as he leans his head back, staring up at the nightsky littered with bright shining stars. "Still fun." The Munson shrugs softly as James slowly got back into the water and slowly made his way over to them, then stopping nearby Steve.

"Can you pass me my beer, Steve?" He says and Steve did so, glancing at him in the eyes then glancing down before quickly turning away before taking a sip from his beer again. "What else do you guys wanna do?" He asked suddenly as he quickly sat up on the edge again, sipping his beer some more. "We can watch a comedy movie and take a shot at each cliche. Or shitty joke." Steve says, grinning widely at James who just chuckled.

"That sounds super fun." He said then looked over at Eddie who's still staring up at the sky. "Eds, are you up for it?" He asked and the Munson quickly glanced over. "Sounds super fun, but you know what'd be more fun? We watch horror movies and take a shot at each jump scare. If we watch Insidious, we'll be wasted by the end of it." He says and James just grins widely, glancing at Steve.

The three did end up doing both the ideas and James was wasted by halfway through Insidious, leaning closer to Steve. "Harrington, I'm so drunk, your shoulder looks comfy." He murmured, resting against the Harrington who quickly looked at him, "what?" He slurred back and James is already against him, nose pressing to the side of his neck as he cuddled a bit closer to him. Steve glanced over James, at Eddie who's taking another shot and looking slightly pissed at the closeness of his ex-boyfriend and his co-worker.

"James? You tired?" Steve gently lifted James' head from his shoulder and the Hopper's shining green eyes flutter open to look into the Harrington's deep brown eyes. "Yes." James whispered and Steve just turned red then hoped it was just the alcohol.

"You guys can stay the night... um, in the guest bedroom." Steve told them quickly and Eddie looks at them, his jaw still doing that thing that kind of scares Steve a bit. "Me and Eds?" James slowly looked at the other next to him and Steve nods, looking at Eddie again who looks at them. "My head's spinning... why would we stay in the same room?" The Munson asked and the Harrington just paused.

"Then... one of you can stay in my room?" He says and Eddie nods quickly. "Jamie, you can stay with Harrington, okay?" He pats James' shoulder and the Hopper turns to him, frowning. "You don't wanna share the guest bedroom?" He asked and now Eddie's face is red. "What?" He's taken back and James leans closer, "we're friends now, right? Friends can share beds." He said but he's smirking slightly in a smug manner the whole time.

"Yeah, sure." Eddie says quickly, his eyes full of... something as he stared back at James and Steve raised a shot glass again, taking another shot as he had felt weird about this whole thing and wishing James hadn't invited just them and maybe others too. "I'm gonna be so hungover." James groaned, leaning back in the couch and tilting his head backwards.

"Me too." Steve sighed, setting down the shot glass then turned to the two. "I'm gonna head to bed now, see you guys in the morning." He said and pats James' knee before getting up. "Goodnight, Steve-o!" James sat up quickly and watched the Harrington wave softly as he walks out of the room then peer back in, "guest bedroom is the first door on the right." He says and James softly nodded.

"I'm tired, Eds." James whispers and Eddie was taking another shot, downing it quickly before looking at James. "Can we take one more shot together?" He asked and James quickly nods, sitting up straight to watch Eddie pour some liquor into two shot-glasses.

They both pick up the glasses and James looks at Eddie, clinking the shot glasses together. "Cheers." James smirked and Eddie smiles faintly. "Bottoms up." He says before they both down the shots together.

In the guest room's bed together, James sighed as he rubs his eyes. "Eddie?" He slowly turned his head to look at him and Eddie hums, his arms crossed over his chest. James moves to lay on his side and Eddie did the same, facing the other. "I'm not stupid, you know." He rubs his eyes and Eddie squints his eyes at James who just shrugs. "I noticed, you know, everytime I try and flirt with Steve or something, you make a face, I can tell because of Steve's reaction when he looks at you." He says and Eddie's face flushed red right away.

"I'm sorry if it means I'm ruining whatever it is you're trying with Steve, I--" Eddie is cut off by James leaning over and pressing their lips together. This was definitely gonna ruin things after. But neither James or Eddie care as they both clung to one another.

authors note
double update today bc i felt like it!! also some jeddie for drama or whatever like a slowburn for hoppington 🤭

i think i kin steve harrington.
i'm gonna check on a quiz real quick

this is the result of the first quiz that i saw
I FUCKING KNEW IT

tbh that lil message hit me like a ton of bricks i was like wow didn't have to call me out like that bro 🥲🥲 LMAO