THIRTY-TWO: spin the bottle.

THAT WEEK AFTER that Sunday, was the same as any other week for James, sleep, go to work, hang out, go home with Eddie, sleep, go to work, but then Wednesday came and he went to hang out with Steve instead. Then Thursday was the same, and then Friday, they all hung out in a group together at the Byers-Hoppers house which was empty. The Ghouls weren't playing at the Hideout tonight because Nora got sick so they called off their show, so Rhys would be able to come over.

Joyce and Jim apparently had a date night at Enzo's and usually they never come home after those date nights but rather head to a motel nearby but Jonathan and James block that from their minds because 1, gross and 2, that's their parents. And as for their siblings, Will had gone to sleepover with the boys at the Wheeler's and Max had invited El, Suzie and Sara for their own sleepover at her place.

As far as James knew, Will + Mike, Max + El, Lucas + Dustin and Suzie was the girl Dustin used to have a big crush on. And then there was his Sara, thank God, she's never been boy crazy, neither showing interest in girls either. "James, grab the beer, I'll go open up the door for them." Jonathan says and James did as told, sending a thumbs up at him.

After their shifts, the Scoops employees had gone home, so did the other three who were working at a grocery store in Hawkins Square together, James hears they cause trouble there mostly because of Argyle which is surprising why they haven't even been fired.

James set out the beer and the group of eight began drinking, playing card games and just catching up after their long week. Steve surprisingly wasn't even drinking beer, but rather some water. Same with Rhys. He looked better than earlier that week too, the bags previously under his eyes were no longer visible and looked slightly healthier.

"Oh! I have an idea of what we can play," Robin then set down her beer bottle she had been drinking from, a grin on his face. "Spin the bottle." She says and James grimaced. "You really wanna kiss everyone here? Even the opposite gender?" He asked and Robin shrugs. "Nothing wrong with pecking the homies like you'd kiss your grandma." She said and James just scrunched up his face.

"I've never kissed my grandma."

"Can we just play?" Robin offered, glancing around and Jonathan shrugs. "I guess. Argy and I sort of have an open relationship." He said as he leans his head on his boyfriend's and the long haired man nods, looking at James and winking. "Dude, that's my brother." The Hopper quickly says and Argyle giggles when Jonathan peers up with a glare.

"Come on, it won't be weird, right? No objections, yeah?" Robin glanced around as Nancy looks at her. "You're weirdly open about kissing anyone in this room when we're the only girls here." She says and Robin sighs. "It's a bestie thing, you won't get it." She says and Nancy scoffs at that, because Robin had a point, Nancy didn't have much friends growing up so she just shoves her girlfriend's shoulder resulting in a small giggle.

James looks at Eddie who fails to meet his eye gaze so he looks at Robin. "I'm down." He says too quickly and Eddie glanced over then looked at Rhys who's grinning. "Me too, I wanna see what all the fuss is about!" He said as he grabbed James' shoulder and softly shook him. "What?" The Hopper looks at him and Rhys chuckles. "Just... just a joke." He looks away and James just furrows his brows.

A lot of the combinations for the game was weird, Robin and Argyle, Argyle and Nancy, Nancy and Steve, Steve and Jonathan, Jonathan and Eddie, Eddie and Argyle, Argyle and Robin again, Robin and James, James and Argyle, (he whispered sorry to his brother when it happened but it was merely a small peck), Argyle and Steve, Steve and Rhys, then Rhys and James, but this one, the blonde turned to him too excitedly, grinning.

They were all just little pecks before, but this one was passionate, with tongue and James wasn't so opposed to it as he leaned in, his hand slipping over the side of Rhys' neck as the other had his hands on James' waist. Steve and Eddie watched with wide eyes and looked at one another halfway through it.

"You're joking." Eddie mumbled as he watched them but the two haven't even parted yet as the others all shared confused looks before the two pull apart and Rhys is grinning. "Wow..." He said quietly then giggled as James turned away, his whole entire face was red before he reached over and was about to spin it when Eddie stopped him, his hand over the bottle. "No, I'll go next." He says and James retracts his hands, crossing his arms.

"Okay. Go for it." He says and leaned back in his seat. Eddie spun it, watching it as it then landed on Steve. The Munson looks over at the Harrington who's staring at the bottle pointed towards him, then Eddie crawled towards him. "Come on, big boy," he poked his tongue out to wet his lips as Steve blushed.

"Oh--" He leaned in and then they met in the middle in a passionate kiss, it seemed more heated than the one before but James didn't feel jealousy as he watched them, no. Not really. Not even at all. Not even a tiny slither of it. Instead he felt a pool of heat in his stomach as he watched them, his face red.

The kiss was just as long as James and Rhys' and when they pulled away, Eddie gently pats the Harrington's cheek then gave him a little peck on the forehead before returning to his seat. Steve sighed contently then sat up, "my turn!" He said a bit too excitedly and spun the bottle, it landed on Rhys so Steve crawled past him and Rhys did the same thing, grabbing Steve's waist and kissing him passionately. "Alright... this is getting a little weird." Argyle said as Jonathan sips his beer.

"I wanna see how it ends." He whispers as Rhys kept kissing Steve passionately, with tongue and sloppiness this time as James and Eddie both watched, now feeling jealous, and unsure why. Steve even ended up crawling into Rhys' lap before they pulled apart so Rhys just grinned. "My turn." He said as Steve sat down beside him now, crossing his legs.

James sighed quietly as the bottle spun and it landed Argyle. "Oh, sweet! Is it okay with you, Jonny?" He looks to his boyfriend who just chuckles. "Go for it, Argy." He says as he sips his beer and Rhys leaned over, giving Argyle a passionate kiss as well, a bit shorter and a little less tongue but when Argyle pulled away, he looked so content with it.

"My turn." James skips Argyle on purpose because he was owned a turn anyway after Eddie stole his, spinning the bottle. It ended up landing on Steve, who quickly looks up at him and he just smiled faintly. "Well, shit, don't let me stand in the way." Rhys got up so he can grab another beer as Eddie got up suddenly. "I'm going home." He announced so James quickly looked over, also getting up.

"Eddie," he calls out, following him out the front door as Steve was confused, watching them before looking to the others. "This was becoming weird so fast I'm glad it's over." Robin said and took a swing from her beer. "I know, they basically all made out now except James and Steve." Nancy pointed out.

"I'm gonna check on them."

authors note
hehe 🤭

i can't wait for friday already.
practically the only fun part of my job at this point is that it's at the school so i get to see multiple people everyday.
anyways other than that, work sucks.