THIRTY-NINE: back massage.

WHEN THEIR FRIDAYS came, James and Steve immediately headed to Steve's which was empty for the week and Rhys had came by to pick Eddie up about fifteen minutes earlier than when they usually leave work. None of the other three complain because they're all too lovey-dovey and cooped up in their own love lives to even give a single shit.

James was leaning on the counter in front of Steve, watching him scrub down the counters where the machines and other stuff were, mostly just watching him with a small smile. "Okay, what are the plans for tonight?" Steve now asked, turning around and tossing the dish rag over his shoulder. "Well, considering it's been two days since, I'm gonna go home and wash my uniform. And then watch a movie. And sleep." James informs him.

Steve leans against the counter in front of him, smiling coyly, "yeah? What kind of movie?" He says and James raised his brows. "Wrong Turn. The fourth one is my favourite." He says, waggling his eyebrows now and Steve grimaced. "How can you even like horror? Especially that much gore." He says, remembering seeing movies like Wrong Turn, Saw and Piranha when he was younger.

Traumatizing for a kid who didn't really have anyone growing up. No one to teach him that no, being seven and watching a movie about cannibals or a puppet really into games or human eating fish was bad. "Okay, fine... did you want me to invite you and we watch something else?" James asked and Steve tilted his head to the side a bit. A small grin is growing on his face as he raised his hands, his fingertips ghosting along the underside of his jaw as he pretends to think about it.

"Maybe. Oh, maybe we could watch Black Mirror. You haven't continued without me, have you?" He asked quickly, leaning closer and James just chuckles. "Never. Why would I when you're on my ass about it?" He said and Steve grins, leaning closer but stays with the two inch space between them, glancing down to his boyfriend's lips with a small smirk. "Plus you can wash my uniform for me." He mumbled and James smiles widely back.

"Yeah? And what do I get in return?"

"Uh, a back massage?" Steve smiles and James chuckles, connecting their lips as he raised his hand to the side of Steve's neck. Their kiss lasts a couple second maybe when they hear a loud retch and the bathroom door shut loudly. "Come on, guys. There's like five minutes left and you couldn't keep it in your pants until then?" Robin asked and James just flipped her off as she giggles.

"Anyways, you guys so owe me so I'm gonna leave early!" She disappears off into the breakroom so she can get changed back into her regular clothes and James sighs, standing up straight. "I better go and clean the tables. Don't miss me." He backs away as Steve just rolls his eyes at him, smiling as he also goes back to wiping down the counters. After Robin left, James and Steve took their time. Especially changing back and heading out, locking up everything and making sure everything is secure before they leave.

At the Byers-Hoppers, Joyce greeted Steve so quickly and insisted he have some of the sugar cookies she made for El and Max's sleepover, dragging him to the kitchen as James smiled, heading into the laundry room where he tossed in his uniform and turned on the washer pretty quickly before exiting and finding his boyfriend eating a sugar cookie and nodding along to whatever Joyce is saying.

"Mom," James entered the kitchen and Joyce glanced over. "Oh, sorry, I'm rambling. Do you two want anything to eat?" She asked and Steve glanced at James, shrugging softly. "Uh, some soup and grilled cheese would be nice." James smiles and the Byers woman nods quickly, rushing to grab the stuff.

"Can I take a shower?" Steve walked over to James who nods softly. "Yeah. Grab whatever you want from my clothes." He says and the Harrington smiles softly at him, pecking his cheek but then James pulls him in for a kiss, tasting the sweetness of the cookie on his lips. Steve pulls back, giggling and heading up the staircase to James' bedroom.