THIRTY-EIGHT: you're all mine.

JAMES LOVES SEEING Steve Harrington in his clothes, it's quite literally the most cutest fucking thing ever. After the time read 1:00 am, the two headed over to the Byers-Hoppers home where James said Steve was staying the night and Joyce said he was more than welcome at their home, a bit too happily with a big smile that told James Hopper Jr. that she knew the someone else is Steve. Mother knows best, or whatever they say.

Steve asked if he could take a quick shower and James said yes, of course and offered a fresh new set of boxers that were new and never worn, handed him a simple baggy shirt and a pair of plaid shorts. With damp hair and the shirt reaching past his hips, Steve looked the most cutest he's ever looked and James was practically stunned by the sight.

"Hey..." He smiled softly and Steve chuckles, walking over. "Hi." He says quietly, crawling into bed by James who laid back, relaxing but his eyes are still on Steve. He's giddy, too happy about tonight to even sleep. He raised his hand and played with the older's hair before tucking it behind his ear, smiling softly. "Jamie?" Steve whispers, smiling back.

"Stevie?" James whispers back, leaning closer and Steve just smiles wider. "Are... we boyfriends?" He asked quietly and the taller chuckled softly. "Of course... do you not wanna be?" He frowns playfully and the shorter chuckled, shoving him gently before raising a hand to the side of James' neck and pulling him in. Their lips met and the Hopper's arms go around his waist, pulling him closer.

The next morning, it was Eddie's turn to call in "sick" but really, he was grabbing stuff from the grocery store in Hawkins square and then was making his way to the apartment building nearby where he buzzed the entrance and a voice came through, "this is Nora, who are you?" She said, her monotonous voice coming through and Eddie leans closer.

"It's Eddie. I'm here to see Rhys."

The buzzer went off and Eddie entered the building, smiling faintly at the guy at the front desk where he set down the cake. "Hi." He says as he opens it up and the man watched him. "What are you doing?" He asked curiously as Eddie opens up the icing tube. "Making a sorry cake." He says as he wrote out sorry for ghosting you. He even makes a little ghost in the bottom corner before smiling, "perfect, right?" He asked the doorman.

"Totally... is it for Rhys in 245?" He asked and Eddie glanced up at him. "Yeah. You think he'll like it?" He asked and the man shrugs. "Don't know him if he does or not but, like, who would hate cake, right?" He asked and the Munson chuckled, closing up the cake before heading up the staircase to the second floor.

He knocked on the apartment door, hearing a shout that Rhys has someone at the door, and then followed by you get it then, then another no it has to be you. It wasn't long after before the door opened to Rhys who just stood there, staring blankly at Eddie who held up his cake, smiling softly at the blond.

The Campbell glanced down and stared at the cake, a small smile growing on his face that he fails to fight back before glancing up. "So... I take it you don't, uh, regret anything because you were drunk?" Rhys leans against the doorframe, crossing his arms.

"I'd never regret anything with you, Rhys." Eddie tilted his head to the side, smiling and Rhys chuckled, looking back at the cake. "Is it vanilla?" He asked and Eddie shook his head. "It's black forest cake. Your favourite." He says and Rhys sighed, smiling widely now. "How am I ever suppose to resist something as delicious as that and you?" He said as he pushed the door more wide open, leading the way inside and the Munson follows, shutting the door behind him as his face burns bright red.

They ended up in Rhys' room, eating the cake by the window where Rhys spends a lot of time by, staring at the busy sidewalks and busy stores. There's always a stool or two by the window, where he's just watching. "You have a really nice view here." Eddie says, glancing at Rhys to his left side.

"Yeah. Look," Rhys pointed at a couple standing in front of Melvald's, the boy was holding out something in his hand that made the girl look up and cover her mouth. "Think he's proposing?" Eddie leaned closer to the window and Rhys chuckles softly. "Doubt it. It looks like it's just a promise ring." He says and Eddie looked at the blond quickly, grabbing another forkful of the chocolate cake.

"Rhys?" He says quietly and the Campbell glanced at him, humming. "Could you give me another chance?" He asked, pursing his lips as he waited for an answer and Rhys just smiled. He leaned in, connecting their lips for a moment, "of course. It's you, Eds." He says and Eddie deepened their kiss, scooting a bit closer before pulling away. "You won't regret it. And I won't fuck it up this time." He adds the second part right away, chuckling.

"I honestly don't even care how much you fuck shit up, I'll probably be willing to give you a thousand chances." Rhys says and Eddie laughs, glancing away. "I guess that feeling's mutual but honestly, you're perfect in every way." He says, blushing and smiling. "So, we're like boyfriends again?" The blond tilts his head to the side a bit and Eddie smiles wider.

He looks back at Rhys, "if you'll have me." He says and the blond smiles, glancing away. "Of course." He tells him and Eddie blushed again, glancing away. They sat there for the remainder of the night, eating cake and watching the view until the two ended up laying in bed, both full and tired as Eddie groans.

"Next time I take the day off, I'm not buying a cake that big." He says and Rhys chuckled. "Wonderful breakfast by the way." He says, moving to lay on his side and face Eddie who follows his actions. "Really? Got a sweet tooth?" He asked, giggling and Rhys nods almost instantly, smiling widely.

They lay like that for a while, just staring at each other and then Rhys smiled, raising one hand to the side of his face. "You're really pretty." He says quietly and Eddie blushed, glancing away. "You're just saying that." He mumbled and Rhys shook his head. "You are." He leaned closer and Eddie just smiled, leaning closer. "So are you," he mumbled before they connected their lips in the middle. The kiss heated up rather quickly with Eddie moving closer until he was practically on top of Rhys, legs on either side of him and Rhys' hands are on the small of his back.

The Munson pulls back abruptly, sitting up right on Rhys' lap. "Aren't you suppose to be at work?" He asked the Campbell who just rubs his hands up and down the brunette's thighs. "Well, yeah, but I sort of called in sick... didn't feel like dealing with their shit for the day." He shrugs and Eddie giggles quietly.

"I also took a sick day..."

"Good, then you're all mine today."

authors note
and just like that all is well. i'm sorry for the jeddie stuff that happened 😊😊😊 i was just mending my lil broken heart </3