TWENTY-FIVE: temptations.

THAT FRIDAY NIGHT hadn't gone how Rhys expected it. Well, it did, he did his usual two shots with Nora, Avery and Silas, cringed at Nora sharing a loving kiss with her boyfriend, Andy and then went up on stage as Luna announced them to the crowd as she always did, it went wild and everyone was yelling for him as they always did.

But then his eyes met Eddie's from across the room, in the back, the group all stood in a line together, whooping, especially Argyle who was clapping and waving at Rhys. He chuckled and waved slightly, his eyes scanning the other faces. His eyes once again land on Eddie who's standing between Nancy and Steve. The order was Argyle, Jonathan, Robin, Nancy, Eddie, Steve and then James.

His gaze lingered on James for a moment and then he smiled brightly at the crowd, especially the girls or guys chanting his name. "How is everyone doing tonight?" Silas asked into the mic and that's when their band began, making the crowd go wild. "So, you've never come to see them play until tonight?" James asked, leaning forward a bit to look at Eddie who just shook his head, a coy smile on his face.

"Nope..." He replied as James follows his eyes and notices Eddie staring at Rhys. He quickly looks away and Steve nudged him. "Want another beer?" He asked and James nods quickly. "Yeah, sure." He replied back and Steve heads for the bar, sighing quietly. He hates that he's made zero progress thus far since the "smooch the fuck out of him" advice from Eddie a couple weeks back.

He felt as if James was pulling away from him and maybe it was what happened to James, which Steve totally understands, or the fact he might not actually like Steve back and that James just needed a friend in a time of need like after being in the hospital.

When he returns however, James is now standing where he was standing and whispering to Eddie, leaning in close to his ear as the Munson was blushing hard and smiling. Steve deeply frowns at the two, setting down James' beer and sipping his own.

James turns to him, grabbing his beer, "thanks." He says quickly before turning back to look at Eddie. "So what do you think?" He asked, grinning and the brunette just squinted his eyes slightly at the taller. "I think you're crazy." He says and James laughed as Steve now noticed James even had a hand on Eddie's waist. He quickly glanced away and suddenly felt that feeling again. Feeling out of place. He didn't belong with these people, no, not at all. They're misfits. Outcasts. Straight A students. Good people in high school.

Not like Steve was. The complete opposite of what Steve was. And suddenly his stare is on the bar, at the shelves of booze, feeling the temptations crawling back. "Steve." Suddenly, his head snaps to her. Robin Buckley. Practically his soulmate, Platonic with a capital P, as she says to everyone they meet and call them cute "like an old married couple".

Robin practically gagged at the thought of them like that and Steve just gave them a what the fuck? look because yeah, admittedly, Robin is hot, gorgeous, beautiful, pretty, whatever you wanna call a girl, she's all of that, but she's into girls and Steve sees her as a sister. "Yeah?" He says, but his voice is practically inaudible and she grabs his arm gently.

"Are you okay?" She asked and he nods softly. She had been watching him for a while, feeling worried for him. His lingering stares at James and Eddie. The way he gets all sad when James decides to drive home Eddie and he has to hop on with Nancy and Robin, who are, yeah, great, but they, like, constantly make googly eyes at each other and hold hands. "Yeah... yeah, Robby..." He says quietly.

"Okay..." She stepped closer and wrapped both arms around his shoulders as hers go around her waist, glancing at James and Eddie who are both watching the band and sipping their beers together. God, did Steve wanna ask... he wanted to ask if something was going on between them but he didn't want to know at the same time. Because the thought hurts, Eddie's a friend. A new good friend.