Rainbows And Sunshine - NOT{U...

By J_enny_xoxo

"Have you looked at yourself in the mirror?" she asks with disgust. "Don't tell me you actually like what you... More

Chapter 1- Excitement And Embarrassment
Chapter 2 - New Friends And Weekend Plans
Chapter 3 - Crushes And Chores
Chapter 4 - Encounters And New Students
UPDATE!!
Chapter 5 - Bad Ideas And Marathons
Chapter 6 - Rejections And New Beginnings
Chapter 7 - Intrigue And Insecurities
Chapter 9 - Wise words And Interviews
Chapter 10 - Accidents And Bump-In's
Chapter 11 - Boredom And Cartoons
Chapter 12 - Arguments And Skipping
Chapter 13 - Chocolates And Bad Voices
Chapter 14 - Reminiscing And Drifting
Chapter 15 - Tests And Standing Up For Ourselves
Chapter 16 - Overthinking And Tears.
Chapter 17 - Rekindling Old Friendships
Chapter 18 - Stress And Putting People In Their Places
Chapter 19 - Debates And Swooning
Chapter 20 - Shopping Sprees And Hugs
Chapter 21 - Parties And Ball Dancing
Chapter 22 - Avoiding And Hangouts.
Chapter 23 - Answers And Confrontations.
Chapter 24 - Lunch Dates And Awkwardness
Chapter 25 - Long talks And Holding Back
Chapter 26 - Step by step
Chapter 27 - Bribes And Set up's
Chapter 28 - Desserts And Charity Cases
Chapter 29 - Meetings And Dummies
Chapter 30 - Speaking Up And Trying To Help
Chapter 31 - Self love And Promises.
Chapter 32 - Lunch And Secret Codes
Chapter 33 - Reconciliations And Friendship
Chapter 34 - Ice Cream And Horror Movies.
Chapter 35 - Peer Pressure And Pain
Chapter 36 - 'Winning' And Interrogations.
Chapter 37 - Scratches And Getting Caught.

Chapter 8 - Bullies And Mantras

14 11 8
By J_enny_xoxo

Double update things💃💃🌹
.
.
.
.
      I didn't feel better in the days that followed. I was thinking more. That conversation shouldn't have affected me like this but it did. My friends sort of figured out that I wasn't in a good mood they just didn't know why. Home life was still the same. I just tested my mom's patience a little more. When I'm in a bad mood, I won't care about most things and I'd listen to music more.

       I was still excelling in class, I needed good grades and prefect week was this week Wednesday. Today's Monday and I was having Biology. The teacher was revisiting what a cell was. I liked Biology and I loved the teacher, Mrs Aliu even more. She was really nice and very understanding. You could tell she was in love with the subject she taught. Isaac nudged me in between the lesson and I turned to him.

      "You good?" He whispered looking really concerned.

       "Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" I whispered back sending him a small smile to reassure him but he wasn't convinced.

        "You're behaving off" he said staring at me intently.

        "I'm fine" I said and turned back to concentrate on the lesson.

      Throughout the lesson, I felt him burning holes through the side of my face with his eyes but I didn't say anything mainly because I didn't have anything to say.

       I paid rapt attention to my lessons till it was lunch break. The cafeteria was serving jollof rice and I got that. Lunch was cool. We laughed and joked and I forgot why I was even in a bad mood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Tuesday rolled by and as I got ready for school, it was safe to say that I was fine. I got thinking yesterday, like alot, like 1 am type of thinking and I've realized something that I should have thought about a long time ago.
I'm me. Unapologetically meIf people don't like me for me then, that doesn't matter because I'll always like me and be me. Self love is game.

     I got to school feeling cherry. My mantra still stuck in my head. I got to class and arranged my things for the lesson ahead, Commerce. I loved calculations and I was hoping to become a financial accoutant in the future or dive into business administration.

    I was about opening a novel I was about to finish since I still had time before the lesson, Americanah by Chimamanda Adichie when Stephanie stopped me.

      Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to Stephanie Daniels, the most annoying person on planet Earth. She takes absolute joy in bringing others down and I hate her. I know hate is a strong word but that's exactly what I feel towards her. How can someone bully her own set mates?? It's insanity.

       "Hey Stephanie. What can I do for you?" I asked plastering a tight smile on my face that no doubt looked fake.

         "I heard...." She's always hearing. If she's not hearing, she's talking. I don't even understand the girl. "Are you listening to me at all?" She asked staring me down.

         "I'm sorry what??" Okay so maybe I zoned out a bit.

    "I asked if it was true" she said.

     "If what is?" Okay, I think I'm already sounding dumb but I was really confused.

   "That you threw yourself at Temi but he ended up liking Jasmine" she said with a smirk. If I woss this one slap, that her mouth will go to the back. Who threw herself at who?? E be like say this one dey ment.

     "Did you by any chance forget your meds or something?" I ask feigning concern and she turned red with anger.  "When did my business become your business? Hmmm?"

      "You always behaved like you couldn't like a guy yet when you did, you liked the wrong one" I looked around and saw everyone watching the show we were indirectly putting on. She's getting the attention she wanted.

     "I really don't have your time this morning" I said turning back to my book.

    "You haven't answered my question. We want to know or at least, I do" she said smiling sweetly. Sweet my ass.

   "I did not" I said through gritted teeth.

    "I was just wondering because any sane person would pick her over you"

  "What's that supposed to mean? Do you even think before you talk? You'll just open the filthy thing on your face and spew rubbish. Absolute nonsense!!" I yelled. I had had enough of this girl. She doesn't know her place at all.

    "See Kemi....." She started but I cut her off. She has said enough for today.

        "I'm not seeing anything. Who are you trying to embarrass? You better pray that it's not me. I gave you time and let you say your peace but I would not have you insult me. It's me you want to bring low, abi? You entered wrong market. He liked Jasmine. Big deal. At least, I'm not like some people who cake their faces when they know it's against the rules just to gain other people's attention" I paused and took a deep breath. I needed to calm down. "You saw me reading didn't you? Like I said, I don't have your time this morning. Just be going" I said and turned to my book but I was starting to feel a tad but bad. I put my pent up anger on her and it wasn't right. I just embarrassed her too. Just as I turned to apologize thinking I made her feel bad she came with full force.

         "No na. Put all your anger on me. Boy no like you you're na vexing. Have you looked at yourself in the mirror? You're a complete foodie. I don't know how you're not fatter than how you are now. Jasmine is slim in a good way. How the friendship even started between the two of you me I don't know. Improper fraction" she said eyeing me in disgust.

     "You should be completely ashamed of yourself. Body shaming a fellow girl. Your own set mate. You disgust me. Come down from your high horse o because me I don't know who placed you there. You have no right.....absolutely no right to compare me to Jasmine" I yelled.

   I'm pretty sure smoke was coming out of my ears. I have never fought with anybody or had confrontations but with Stephanie I snapped. How dare she compare me?? At that point, I saw Jasmine, Chichi, Sophia and Isaac by the door. Jasmine just grabbed me and I followed with Chichi and Sophia trailing behind us.

       We reached the garden and she turned to me. I just stared at her taking deep breaths. I'm fine. Absolutely fine. I was me. I was me. Those were the thoughts running through my head.

        "I'm fine" I said breaking the silence.

        "Kemi, it's okay not to be. What she said in there isn't true and you know it. Stephanie is just same old Stephanie" she said trying to reassure me.

       "I don't know how you're still calm. Normal you, would have started panicking" Chichi said and I turned to her in time to see Sophia shoved her elbow harshly to her stomach.

       "I'm fine. Class is about to start and we can't miss first period" I wasn't entirely fine though. I just needed to cool off. My mantra was forgotten already.

    "Who cares about first period? We're here for you so you better suck it up and let us help you" Jasmine said nodding her head firmly.

      "You heard what she said. To her and maybe everybody else, I can't compare to some people" I say shrugging.

      "Kemi don't talk like that" Sophia said speaking up. "You're an amazing person"

       "I really need to clear my head" I said and that's what we did. None of us went for first period. We just hid in the garden while they tried distracting me.

~~~TEMI'S POV🌹~~~~~~~~~~

        It was finally lunch break and the class was buzzing with whispers from what happened earlier in the morning. I had come too late so, I missed it but from what I could grab, it had something to do with Kemi and Stephanie. Stephanie. I didn't like her at all. She's a total gossip. Even for a girl. Kemi had left the class to meet up with her friends so they could go to the cafeteria together and I and Isaac were going to tech class for Jacob and David. Benji would meet us there too.

         I tried asking Isaac about what happened on our way.

       "What exactly went down this morning? I'm sure you were around" I say glancing at him.

     "Just Stephanie being Stephanie. She tried body shaming Kemi. Obviously, it didn't work but I'm still not sure if she's fine" he replied.

    "If who's fine?" David asked. By this time, we were already at tech class.

   "Kemi" I reply.

    "What happened to her?" Jacob asked clearing his desk. He tried pretending like he didn't care but I knew otherwise.

     "Isaac tell us the full story na. Half story is not enough for me" I say and we all laugh but he tells us anyway. We were all quiet afterwards. You could literally hear a pin drop. Why would Stephanie say something like that? It's a good thing Kemi stood up for herself but even still.... Now I'm really scared for her. What she said that day still confuses me now this.

   "Now that you've mentioned it, she said something like this too last week" I say and tell them what happened.

    "Why didn't you tell us this sooner? How could she say something like that and you didn't talk to her about it neither did you speak to us about it" Jacob said and you could feel the rage in his voice.

    "I didn't know it'll lead to this" I say trying to defend myself.

    "You didn't know? How could you not know?" He asked rubbing his face. "Where's she?" He asked calming himself down.

       "Probably at the cafeteria waiting for us" David answered shrugging.

     "Then what are we waiting for?" Benji asks rhetorically and we lightly jog towards the cafeteria.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Friends like these guys are one of a kind😓. I just loved the back and forth between Stephanie and Kemi 😂. Kemi didn't spare the girl at all😂.
Just to make this clear, body shaming is one of the worst if not the worst thing you can ever do to a person but like Kemi said 'self love is game'. Also, another POV was introduced. What do you think 🙃?

Click the star button 🥺it means a lot. Also comment and share. I'll like to hear feedback about this chapter from you 😊.
#selflove
XOXO❤️❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 1.8K 29
Ewww!" He spat. "Me? Like you? I'd rather date a horse than date an ugly thing like you!" He seethed before forcefully pushing her on the floor, she...
45.9K 8.5K 33
A Nigerian girl living in another country finds out that there's more to her than just thick thighs, a large bum and a fat drum of insecurities. She...
3 0 8
Blazers. Pleated skirts. Ties. Shoes. Socks. High school right? In the most anticipated moment of her life, everything went wrong. Things went wrong...
61.8K 19.2K 106
ɢᴇʀᴀʟᴅɪɴᴇ ᴊᴏʜɴsᴏɴs, not your regular female lead, Nicknamed the tomboy of "HILTON COLLEGE" Even though she considers it body shaming. Although she tr...