The Golden Daughter✓Tony Stark

By Ivory-damsel

Book 1 of the Golden Sunshine series. It was late at night. Sometime between 11PM and 1AM. The door bell chim... More

Preface.
Prologue.
Part I.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Part II
6: Bombs and explosions.
7: Lost but Found.
8: It's like Operation
9: Board of Director's Meeting.
10: Accountability.
11: Blown to Kingdom Come.
12: Revenge.
13: Rebirth
14: Late Night Guest.
Part III.
15: Weapon or no weapon
16: The Concept of Change.
17: Poison
18: Notary.
19: Whiplash
20:Tested, not trusted.
21: Birthday Party.
22: Decades Old Riddles
23: New Elements.
24: Flight.
25: Kill Zone.
26: The Avengers Initiative.
Part IV.
27: Funny.
28: Mind Games.
29: Assemble.
30: Reindeer Games.
31: Warm light for Mankind.
32: Ghosty.
33: Too Late.
34: Performance Issues.
35: Battle of New York.
36: Sapphire.
Part V
37: The Mandarin.
38: Poisoned?
39: Nightmares.
40: One Night Stands.
41: Limited Edition.
42: Gary needs Tony.
43: Disappointed.
44: Memories Brings Back Memories.
Part VI
45: Impromptu Trips.
46: Weak
47: Alone.
48: Miserable.
49: Escape from Prison.
51: Convergence.
The Golden Sunshine.

50: Betrayal

116 7 0
By Ivory-damsel

I snuggled further into the warm blanket draped over me. Now this is the kind of power I would kill for. Magic.
Loki had conjured it over my sleeping form a couple of minutes ago.

"What I could do with the power that flows through those veins." I made out Loki's voice.

They thought I was sleeping. Well, I was for a few minutes, but then I was in that space where you were asleep but was still conscious of what was around you.

"It would consume you." Thor retorts.

"She's holding up alright, for now." Loki replied.

"She's strong in ways you'd never even know." Thor defended.

"Say goodbye." Loki taunted.

"Not this day." Thor retorted, I could tell he was already getting worked up.

"This day, the next, a hundred years, it's nothing. It's a heart beat. You'll never be ready. The only woman whose love you've prized will be snatched from you." Loki says and my heart drops. Is that what he thinks of the two of us? I thought we had something.

"Is that what you think of Stark? You think nobody sees it but I can see that you care for her, do you think she would just die one day? And will that satisfy you?" Thor asked.

It was really quiet and I was really tempted to open my eyes just to satisfy my curiosity.

"Satisfaction is not in my nature." Loki replies.

"Surrender not in mine." Thor replied.

"The son of Odin." Loki taunted.

"No, not just of Odin! You think you alone were loved by mother? You had her tricks, but I had her trust!" Thor replied getting defensive.

"Trust. Was that her last expression? Trust? When you let her die!" Loki shouts and I flinched, memories from the day before flooding my mind.
I should have tried harder.

"What help were you in your cell?" Thor shouted.

"Who put me there? Who put me there?!" Loki shouted. The sound of shuffling feet and grunting is what I heard next and I'm surprised I haven't open my eyes yet.

"You know damn well! You know damn well who!" Thor shouts. "She wouldn't want us to fight." He continues like he was tired.

"Well, she wouldn't exactly be shocked." Loki replies and a smile graced my lips.

"I wish I could trust you." Thor says.

"Trust my rage." Loki says after a few seconds of silence.

I can't hear anything again so I shifted, trying to get into a more comfortable position.

The blanket moves up to my neck and I opened my eyes to see Loki's face a few inches from mine, his hand on the blanket.

"Hey." I whispered and he smiles softly.

"Are you alright?" He asks softly and I nod. I opened my mouth to speak but an unexpected force consumes me making me seat up, I turned to see Jane also seating face the same direction as I was.

"Darling?"

"Malekith." Jane and I responded.

A warm tingling sensation takes over the force and I look down to see my veins glowing green courtesy of Loki's fingers intwined with mine and I let out a worried smile.

▪️▪️▪️

"Alright, are you ready?" Thor asks.

"I am." Loki replies.

"You guys are crazy." I muttered as we stood up, revealing our positions to the enemies.

"You know this plan of yours is going to get us killed." Loki tells Thor.

"Yeah, possibly." Thor responds as Loki holds up his shackled hands for Thor to uncuff him.

"You still don't trust me, brother?" Loki asks when he notices Thor's hesitation.

"Would you?" Thor asks as he takes off the cuffs.

"No, I wouldn't." Loki mumbles before he suddenly takes out a dagger stabs Thor and throws him down the hill, following after him.
Wait what? This was not the plan.

"Thor! No!" Jane screams as we run down the hill.

"Loki!" I scream but it changed nothing.

"You really think I cared about Frigga, about any of you?" Loki asks as he kicks Thor in the face. What is he saying?

"All I ever wanted was you and Odin dead at my feet!" Thor raises his hand, attempting to summon Mjolnir, but Loki cuts off his hand, making Thor scream out in pain.

Jane and I rushed over to Thor but Loki grabs her, I go to help her but he send a blast of green at me, making me stumble and fall.

"Malekith, I am Loki of Jotunheim and I bring you a gift!" Loki announced as he throws Jane at Malekith's feet.
"I ask only one thing in return, a good seat from which to watch Asgard burn."

Loki comes to my side and grabs my arm, pulling me to him aggressively, my back to his front as he forced me to watch Malekith walk towards Thor.

"Look at me." Malekith says as he uses his foot to turn Thor, he lifts Jane in the air and extracts the Aether from her.

The Aether leaves her body and she falls to the ground. I struggle against Loki trying to get to her.
"Loki, now!" Thor shouts and a green flash covers Thor and his hand- that was never cut off, summons the Mjolnir, and he shoots lightening at the Aether and it explodes in a cloud of red dust.

I protect us from getting hit by the wave of sand. The dust clears and I see Thor standing there, tense.
God, I'm going to kill these two when this is over.

Suddenly, the Aether rises from the floor, like chards of glass and my eyes widened in shock. Before I can control myself, I reach out to touch it, it sends a surge through me and I can feel my veins glowing.

The Aether continues to rise, Malekith raises his hands as if calling the Aether to him but nothing. The Aether stops mid air and my eyes glow as I see the earth and other planets get consumed by darkness.

Terror courses through me and I bump into Loki, who was behind me, breaking whatever connection I had with the Aether, leaving it to Malekith, who absorbs it and walks away.

Loki cups my face in his cold hands, his green eyes running over my face in concern.

"I'm fine." I heaved out and he reluctantly let me go.

My gaze catches the ship, and I fly after it, only for it to disappear right in front of my eyes.
I get back on the ground and before I could blink, I was surrounded. One of them tries to stab me with their sword but I dodged it sending my elbow into their neck, I grab their sword, sending it right through the heart of another.

The last of them managed to give me a cut and I blast a hole right in the middle of his chest. The stinging of the cut makes me pay more attention to it, and to my surprise, the cut closes up, leaving the skin like it was not bleeding a few seconds ago.

I looked up to see Loki sneaking up behind that hulk like figure, impaling it with a long blade. The figure merely turns around grabbing Loki, pulling him right into the blade.

"Loki!!" I scream as I flew over in their direction.

The vortex attached to the blade goes off, sucking the creature away.
I land roughly beside Loki, my knees scraping the floor as I pulled his shaking figure into my lap.
"No, no, no. You're such an idiot, do you know that?" I ask tears filling my eyes as he starts to get paler, his temperature dropping by the second.

"You should let go. I- I -I would... Your skin" he breathes out.

"Shhh." I shushed as Thor comes up on the other side of him.

"No. No, no, no! Oh, you fool, you didn't listen!" Thor says, his voice shaking.

"I know. I'm a fool. I'm a fool!" He replies as he squirms. Markings starts to appear on his skin as he takes my hand in his cold ones and I squeeze.

"Stay with me, okay?" I told him, not knowing what to do.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He croaks, his voice shaking.

"Shh." I replied, tears pouring from my eyes.

"I'm sorry." He says turning his head to Thor.

"It's okay." Thor replies. "It's alright. I'll tell father what you did here today." Thor says.

"I didn't do it for him." He replies before turning to me, he raises his hand to my face, and I put mine against his.
"I'm sorry. I truly am." He says and I nod before he closes his eyes, his hand slacks against mine. My sobs intensify as I hug him closer, not wanting to let go. I place a kiss on his forehead as I cried.

I feel warm hands on my shoulder, helping me up after some time. It was then I noticed the storm coming our way. Thor covered me as we walked away. I was too out of it to even think of putting up a force field.

"He's gonna unleash it, not just on Asgard or on a star, Malekith is gonna destroy everything." Jane says as we entered a cave to rest.

"How? Jane, how?" Thor asks.

"I saw him on Earth. Why would he go to Earth?" Jane asks and I look around, not paying attention.

"The Convergence." Thor notes.

"Oh, God. None of this would have happened if I hadn't found the Aether." Jane muttered.

"Then Malekith would have only possessed it that much sooner." Thor replied. I could hear everything they were saying but I wasn't paying attention to them.

"I only found it because I was looking for you." She continues.

"Jane."

"Now we're trapped here." She says and it was quiet for a few seconds before the sound of music cuts the silence.

"It's not me." Jane says and they turned to me.

"No. Not me." I muttered.

Jane stands up walking towards the sound and soon she picks up a phone.
"Hello?"

"Richard?! Where are you?" Jane asks.
"Oh, my God! This is amazing." She says as she puts the phone on speaker.

"Is it? I quite enjoyed our lunch despite never actually ordering anything." The guy replies his voice filling the cave.

"How am I getting service here?" She muttered.

"Is this a bad time? Do you want me to try you there?" The guy asks as we look around.

"No, no, no, no! Please, whatever you do, do not hang up the phone." She instructs as I stood up.

"Okay then. I was just wondering if you want to try again? Uh...maybe dinner next time." The guy tries.

"Uh...yeah, yeah, yeah. Um...just stay on the phone, okay?" Jane says as she leads us further into the cave.

"Yeah, I will." The guy replied.

She looks down and picks up a bunch of keys.
"Oh, my God." She says.

"Am I interrupting something?" The guy asks.

"No, no, no, nothing at all." She says before turning to us. "Come on."

"I'm losing you there, are you in a tunnel?" The poor guy asks as we followed Jane.

"Where are we going?" I ask. I almost tripped on a shoe but Thor steadies me.

"Why are there so many shoes in here?" He asks as a weird feeling came over me and I find myself back in that abandoned factory.

Jane jiggles the keys as we head to the red car, mine nowhere in sight. I'm guessing Darcy and Ian has it.

We entered the car and Jane tries to start it.

"So, who's Richard?" Thor asks.

"Can we not do this now." I groaned and the two of them nodded as Jane finally starts the car and zooms off.

A/N: Second to the last chapter's here. The last one would probably come up later in the day.

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.1K 1.2K 28
Its been 2 years. No one is back to "Normal". The Avengers don't interact with one another as often, only when they have missions. What happens when...
2.5K 245 43
Book 2 of the Golden Sunshine series. "Hey. Hey let me help." I said as I removed her hand and jacket. I close my eyes trying to get the bullet out s...
426 3 6
"I love you. I need you in my life. I need you in my life. You help me become a better man," he said, leaning back. "No Tony, you make yourself a bet...
2.7K 29 19
She has always stood in the shadow of her brother never been able to show her wiseness to her father. But when time threatens she slowly comes out fr...