The Golden Daughter✓Tony Stark

By Ivory-damsel

Book 1 of the Golden Sunshine series. It was late at night. Sometime between 11PM and 1AM. The door bell chim... More

Preface.
Prologue.
Part I.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Part II
6: Bombs and explosions.
7: Lost but Found.
8: It's like Operation
9: Board of Director's Meeting.
10: Accountability.
11: Blown to Kingdom Come.
12: Revenge.
13: Rebirth
14: Late Night Guest.
Part III.
15: Weapon or no weapon
16: The Concept of Change.
17: Poison
18: Notary.
19: Whiplash
20:Tested, not trusted.
21: Birthday Party.
22: Decades Old Riddles
23: New Elements.
24: Flight.
25: Kill Zone.
26: The Avengers Initiative.
Part IV.
27: Funny.
28: Mind Games.
29: Assemble.
30: Reindeer Games.
31: Warm light for Mankind.
32: Ghosty.
33: Too Late.
34: Performance Issues.
35: Battle of New York.
36: Sapphire.
Part V
37: The Mandarin.
38: Poisoned?
39: Nightmares.
40: One Night Stands.
41: Limited Edition.
42: Gary needs Tony.
43: Disappointed.
Part VI
45: Impromptu Trips.
46: Weak
47: Alone.
48: Miserable.
49: Escape from Prison.
50: Betrayal
51: Convergence.
The Golden Sunshine.

44: Memories Brings Back Memories.

97 6 4
By Ivory-damsel

Everywhere is so loud and it's way past my bedtime. I look down at my Captain America themed wristwatch. 11:30 glares back at me and I roll my eyes. Daddy promised we'll leave by 10:30 sharp.

I nudge Happy and he look down at me. I point to my watch and he nods, looking down at his.

"Half hour till the ball drops." I heard him tell the lady that had been following my daddy around all night.

"Tony Stark? Great speech, man!" Someone comes but Happy drags him away.

"I gave a speech? How was it?" Daddy asks.

"Edifying" Happy replies and I just stay quiet looking between the adults.

"Unintelligible." The lady replies. I frown at the word she used, I'm going to find out what it means when we get to the hotel. Maybe T knows the meaning, he is really smart.

"It's my favorite kind, a winning combo." Daddy replies as he starts to walk away, leaving me behind I rush after them, people kept bumping into me, slowing me down.

"Mr. Stark" someone calls out and dad stops giving me the chance to catch up to them. I grab a hold of Happy's hand and he looks down at me. He raises his eye brow in question and I nod.

We walk toward the elevator and I clutch Happy's large hand tightly not wanting to get lost in this large sea of people.

"Mr. Stark!" Another person calls out over the loud crowd. The person must be shouting for us to hear over these voices.

I see a man with long flowing hair running and pushing people to get to us.

"Oh, wow! Hey, Tony! Aldrich Killian. I'm a big fan of your work!" He says limping. I watched as he balanced himself on one leg. I think his other leg is missing or not functioning properly. I look away immediately, Pepper says it's rude to stare.

"…Miss Hansen, my organization has been tracking your research since year two of MIT." The man says to the lady. It was good, maybe she'll follow the man and let daddy and I go to our hotel.

The elevator opens and Happy pulls me in. He puts his hand on the door.
"Yeah, we're full." Happy says to the man but the man passes under his arm and I smile.

"What's funny?" Happy asks me.

"He tricked you." I replied and he scowls, making me giggle.

"What floor are you going to, pal?" Happy asks the man.

"Oh, now, that is an appropriate question. The ground floor, actually. I've got a proposal I'm putting together with myself. It's a privately-funded think tank called, Advanced Idea Mechanics." The man says holding out two business cards to dad and the lady.

"Uh... she'll take both." Dad replies.

"Okay." The lady says as she takes the two card.

"One to throw away and one to not call." Dad says and I scowl. I don't know why he was being mean, if I was close to his side, I would have stepped on his shoe.

"Advanced Idea Mechanics, or AIM for short. Do you get it?" The man says ignoring what dad said to him and I smiled.

"I see that, cause it's on your t-shirt." Dad replies.

"Aw!" The man responds as the elevator bell pings. The ladies start to walk out breaking my grip on Happy's hand.

He turns around to get me and I point to dad who was standing behind the crowd and he nods in understanding.

"I'm titillated by the notion of working with you." He says to the man and I smile. He was no longer mean to the man.

"Yeah?" The happy man replies.

"Yeah, cheese clown. I'll see you up on the roof in five minutes. I'm just going to try to get my beef wet real quick. You know what I'm talkin' about?" Dad asks and I frown in confusion.

"I'll see you up there." The man says as dad walks out leaving me behind with the man.

The elevator door closes and the man pressed a button and it starts moving.

"You're Lisa right?" The man asks and I nod.

"Did you make that yourself?" He asks pointing to my watch and I nodded and he smiles.

He didn't say anything again as the elevator door opens and the cold hits me. I wrap my hand around myself before walking away from the man.

Maybe daddy wanted me to wait with the man so we could go to our hotel together.

The sound of fireworks wakes me up and I frown I look at my watch and the light of the fire works brightens it up and 12:00 stares right back at me.

Shuffling of feet made me look up to see the man standing at the edge of the roof. I watch him wondering what he was doing. Maybe he can't see the fire works very well and he's climbing there for a better view. I thought to myself as picked up the tiny phone from my small bag.

I dialed one of the five numbers on the phone and she picks up almost immediately.

"Honey? Are you alright? Happy new year." She says.

The man walks past me going down not sparing me a glance.
"I'm fine. I don't know where my daddy is and Happy is with him. Can you pick me up please?" I ask.

"Aww, honey. Where are you now?" She asks and I sniff the cold finally getting to me. Or maybe it's because I'm scared or ignoring the tug in my chest.

"I'm at the party. I don't know the name of the place, I'm on the roof." I replied.

"Hang in there okay, I'll be there in a few." She says as she cuts the call.

True to her words, she arrives at the roof in less than half an hour, not that I'm complaining. She takes me to our hotel room, cleans me up and put me to bed. She leaves after she thinks I've slept.

I wait for a few minutes before jumping out of bed grabbing my watch before opening the door. I walk across the hall knocking on the door. My heart jumps to my mouth when I realise his parents might be in with him.

Relief floods me as he opens the door, peeping at the hallway for any of the guards before pulling me in, I giggle as I walked into the room.

"You know you can't sneak around like that. They might catch you." He scolds.

"I had to see you so we could finish it. We're leaving tommorow and who knows when I'll see you again." I muttered looking down fiddling with the watch.

"It's okay but if we want to try anything, we can't do anything here, we'll have to go to your suite ." He replies gesturing to the table and I nod.

"But what about-" I start.

"She's asleep." He cuts me off.
We quickly pack everything off the table, carefully, not letting the wires touch. We sneak across the hallway back to my suite dumping everything on the kitchen island.

We tinker around for a few minutes trying to keep it down. His guards were so scary and I don't think they're nice like Happy.

"T, what is the meaning of unintelligible?" I ask him and he looks up from the piece in front of him.

"Why are you asking?" He asks turning to me as we close the casing.

"A lady told my dad that, at the party." I replied as picked it up taking it to the balcony.

He picks up the lighter from the table handing it to me.
"Well, unintelligible means something is poorly expressed or drowned by noise." He replies as I look at him in awe.

"How do you know so many things?" I ask.

"Well, my father buys so many books for me and my sister. He always says a king must be wise in all aspects of his life." He replies as I light the end of the fireworks we made from the scratch.

The fireworks shoots out into the sky lighting up the sky with blue and pink sparkles and I smile at our success.

A loud bang on the door makes me jump out of my skin, the lighter falls out of my hand and the flame catches the curtains beside me. I watch in shock as the curtain goes up in flame.

The guards walks into the room dragging both of us out of the smoke filled room. The hotel staff rushes into our room putting out the fire with the fire extinguisher.

I watch in a daze as T's guards grabs him by the hand walking away after saying a few words to the staff around us. T looks back at me as he's pulled away, throwing me a little wave.

▪️▪️▪️

I wait patiently with Rhodey and Pepper outside dad's operation room. He gives us a thumbs up before he gets knocked out and I smile.

After a lot and I mean a whole lot of forcing and pleading I finally got the antidote to the extremis in my system.

It's not like I didn't want to get cured. It's just that... well, that's the last time I'm ever getting a shot.

My phone rings on my pocket and I smile when I see who it is.

"Soo... Do you like the upgrade?" I ask immediately I pick up the call.

"Yeah. I've been trying to reach you all day and your old man too but it wasn't going through." He replies.

"Yeah, we're having the surgery remember?" I replied.

"Oh yeah, to stop those things from entering his heart. Anyways, did you make the watch? It's so cool and you signed it." He asks in excitement.

"Yeah I made the watch my self, upgraded it, you know, to keep the bullies away, don't forget to point it away from your eyes, I would hate for you to loose your sight before you become a teenager." I joked and he chuckled.

"Wow, this is a limited edition watch. How did you even know my best colour?" He asks.

"A gut feeling, don't forget we're connected." I replied.

"Thanks Lisa, uh I have to go my mum just got home. Tell the old man to get well soon, okay bye." He rushed out as he ended the call and I smile at the screen.

"Lisa, Lisa?" I heard behind me and I turned around to see Pepper smiling at me with tears in her eyes.

"It's Happy. He's awake, the hospital just called and they told me he was awake." Tears of joy filled my eyes as I smiled. Pepper pulls me into a bear hug, laughing.

"I have to go. I have to get to him he's probably wondering where everyone is." I replied as Pepper laughed nodding.

"Go. I'll explain to Tony when he wakes up." She replies.

I give her a quick kiss to her cheeks, grabbing my car keys out of my pocket, running off to my partner in crime.

▪️▪️▪️

It's been two weeks since the surgery and Happy waking up. Harley has been blowing up my phone with texts and calls and I'm almost regretting the idea of giving him a phone. What was I thinking?

Happy was already stationed in New York with adequate supplies and medical attention. Dad was dad again, still refusing to let me drive alone.

I am seated currently in the passenger seat of our red Audi waiting for him to get his closure.

I'd already packed the remains of Dum-E, U and Butterfingers into the pulley and attached it to the car.

I watch through the mirror as dad throws the reactor into the ocean I grew up staring at. He walks back towards me, stopping to pick something up.

He gets into the car dropping his screwdriver into the glove compartment.

He starts the car driving off.

"Can we put the roof down?" I ask and he shrugs in reply.

I tap the button and the roof comes down the warm Malibu breeze blowing in our faces.

A/N: And so, we bring the Iron Man 3 arc to a close.
Don't forget to vote and comment. And also, tell a friend to tell a friend.

Next update: Wednesday.

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 68.3K 91
"Why aren't you worshipping me, mortal?" "Not interested. Thanks" ------------ Superpowers acquired after a horri...
5.6K 197 22
"After the baths and after the Dino-nuggets, and after they put the boys to sleep, Steve and Bucky collapsed into their own bed. Content with just be...
37.1K 1.2K 28
Its been 2 years. No one is back to "Normal". The Avengers don't interact with one another as often, only when they have missions. What happens when...
11.9K 203 31
-IN EDITING- Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Tony Stark's daughter has fallen for the young and mysterious Peter Parker. Can they keep thei...