The Golden Daughter✓Tony Stark

By Ivory-damsel

Book 1 of the Golden Sunshine series. It was late at night. Sometime between 11PM and 1AM. The door bell chim... More

Preface.
Prologue.
Part I.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Part II
6: Bombs and explosions.
7: Lost but Found.
8: It's like Operation
9: Board of Director's Meeting.
10: Accountability.
11: Blown to Kingdom Come.
12: Revenge.
13: Rebirth
14: Late Night Guest.
Part III.
15: Weapon or no weapon
16: The Concept of Change.
17: Poison
18: Notary.
19: Whiplash
20:Tested, not trusted.
21: Birthday Party.
22: Decades Old Riddles
23: New Elements.
24: Flight.
25: Kill Zone.
26: The Avengers Initiative.
Part IV.
27: Funny.
28: Mind Games.
29: Assemble.
30: Reindeer Games.
31: Warm light for Mankind.
32: Ghosty.
33: Too Late.
34: Performance Issues.
36: Sapphire.
Part V
37: The Mandarin.
38: Poisoned?
39: Nightmares.
40: One Night Stands.
41: Limited Edition.
42: Gary needs Tony.
43: Disappointed.
44: Memories Brings Back Memories.
Part VI
45: Impromptu Trips.
46: Weak
47: Alone.
48: Miserable.
49: Escape from Prison.
50: Betrayal
51: Convergence.
The Golden Sunshine.

35: Battle of New York.

137 7 1
By Ivory-damsel

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or your turn it to ash." Cap instructs like the leader he is.

"Wanna give me a lift?" Agent Barton asks dad.

"Right. Better clench up, Legolas." Dad replies picking up the agent.

"Thor, you've gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You've got the lightning. Light the bastards up." Thor flies to his post. Cap turns to Nat and I.

"Three of us, we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here. And Hulk." He calls out to the rage monster. "Smash." Hulk lets out a smirk as he leaps to the nearest building ripping of the clinging soldiers like one would pluck a lemon.

A shadow falls upon the light and I look up to see a thick dark cloud and I smirk as Thor directs the thunder at the portal keeping the rest of the army from coming through.

I look around me to see a group of chitauri stalking towards me and I sigh adjusting my gloves, my fingers glowing the now familiar blue.

"So, who's going to go first?" I ask, maybe to myself, I don't think they even speak English.

Two of the soldiers rush forward only to fall with a round gaping hole in their chest. The rest roars coming at me and I take them out with ease. I head towards Nat to give her a hand, shooting energy beams at the chitauri in my way.

I get there in time to see her a energy rifle to take out the last of them. She suddenly turns to me pointing the rifle and relaxed when she recognizes me. Something lands behind me and I raise my glowing fist, I let out a loud breath of relief.

"You shouldn't try that again." I said to Cap and Nat nods. She leans against the battered car behind her.

"Captain, none of this is gonna mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal." Nat breathes out.

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it." Cap replies.

Nat looks at me for a few seconds and I frown in confusion. "Well, maybe it's not about guns."

She takes her eyes off me to look at Cap before gesturing to the flying chariots.

"You wanna get up there, you're gonna need a ride." Cap replies.

"That's crazy. I could-" I start but she ignores me.

"I got a ride. I could use a lift though. Plus I think it'll look good in my resume." She says.

She backs up giving herself a running start. Cap lifts and angles his shield.
"Are you sure about this?" He asks again.

"Yeah. It's gonna be fun. And I could use your help too, Lis." She says turning her head to me for a brief second before running towards Cap, using the car she once leaned on as a leverage before jumping onto Cap's shield. The later tosses her up like she weighs nothing before turning to me.

I look at another wave of chitauri coming at us.

"Go, I've got this." Cap says to me. I nod before taking off in the direction of the tower, keeping an eye out for Nat.

"Nat! Where the hell are you?" I ask when I don't see her around.

"Forget about me get to the tower I'll meet you there." She replies.

"But-"

"Stop wasting precious time talking, get to the damned roof." She cuts me off.

I let out a huff and fly to the rooftop, landing on the white gravel, scrunching beneath my feet.

The blinding light has me covering my eyes. Despite that, I can still feel the pull, the Tessaract calling out to me. I couldn't resist moving closer and closer, stretching my hand out to the cube. My head ached, bearably.

"What the hell?"

I snap out of the trance retracting my hands to myself. I run around to find Nat behind me, slightly out of breath.

"W-what are you talking about? I was just curious, you know how I get." I spluttered, flicking my nails.

"Listen kid, I just saw you push your hand past that barrier, I know that you can do it. We have to stop this madness and put an end to Loki and his schemes. A lot of people are needing you to close that portal, if that portal doesn't get closed this is all going to be for naught. Everything, is going to be all for naught." She says. I nod in understanding. Phil's death would be for nothing if we- I don't close this portal.

I turn back to the Tessaract with determination. I push my fingers through the barrier, my ears ringing.

"We can close it! Can anybody hear me? We can shut the portal down!" Nat muffled voice rings in my ear.

My vision was starting to blur around the edges.

"Do it!" Cap replies.

"No, wait!" Dad voice comes through and I pause.

"Stark, these things are still coming!" Cap replies.

"I got a nuke coming in, it's gonna blow in less than a minute. And I know just where to put it." Dad replies.

Nuke? Who the hell fired a nuke at the civilian population? And did dad just say what I think he said?

"Dad? w-what are you doing?" I ask as I start to breathe heavily.

"It's okay Smalls, I'm fine. Everything is going to be fine, I promise." He replies.

"Stark, you know that's a one-way trip?" Cap voice comes in.

"No, you can't possibly go in there. I can't loose you too." I cry out.

"Lisa, everything is going to be fine. You'll be alright, Pepper would be-... I... you..." Dad's voice breaks as he enters the portal.

"Dad? Can you hear me?" I ask.

Nothing.

Silence.

"Come on, Stark..." I hear Nat say.

Come on dad. I can't loose him too, I just lost one of the people I held close to my heart, I can't loose him too.

"Close it." Cap voice comes in.

I turn to Nat.

"I can't. He's still in there." I cry out, tear streaming down my face.

She just shakes her head in sympathy and looks away. I stare up at the sky on last time but I see nothing.

I gulp pushing my hands deeper into the field of energy. My hand touched the Tessaract and I gasp when I'm flung into darkness for a few seconds, within those few seconds I saw so much.

Five stone scatter around in a fuzzy cloud.
Purple, blue, red, orange and green.

A man fly in a blue outfit with red cape, I couldn't see his face but I know he's not Thor.

"...I am inevitable."

I push the Tesseract and it falls of the stand disconnecting it from the field. The loud whirling stops and the beam disappears leaving the portal to close up.

I turn to Nat who pulls me into a hug as I cry in her shoulders and she comforts me.

"Son of a gun!" I heard Cap say and Nat nudges me. I look at her and she gestures to the sky behind me.

I turn around to the sky and I smile as I see dad's tiny figure falling out of the portal.
Wait falling?

I run towards the edge of the building ready to fly when Hulk jumps up snatching dad out of the air.

They both land roughly on the floor and I don't think twice before jumping off the roof, flying towards them.

Thor rips off dad's helmet. He's unconscious. I kneel beside him tapping his face.

"Hey, hey dad. Open your eyes, it's me. We've won." I said another wave of tears hitting me.

Cap kneels beside me, placing a hand on my shoulders. Hulk growls when I start to sob. He roars in anger and dad jumps awake.

I let out a laugh of relief. From now on, Hulk is my favorite avenger.

"What the hell? What just happened? Please tell me nobody kissed me?" He asks, turning to me and I shake my head in amusement.

"We won." Steve says in exhaustion, leaning back.

"Alright. Hey. Alright. Good job, guys. Let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take a day. Have you ever tried shawarma? There's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I wanna try it." Dad says.

"We're not finished yet." Thor responds looking up at the tower.

"And then shawarma after." Dad says.

"Yes dad, shawarma after. That's if it's still standing." I replied, helping him up.

"I hope it is." Dad replies as we made our way to the tower.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 203 31
-IN EDITING- Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Tony Stark's daughter has fallen for the young and mysterious Peter Parker. Can they keep thei...
35.8K 755 20
"Now, Now put the gun down there's no need for violence." He stepped towards me and kicked me back, it was an unexpected blow I didn't fall and I we...
68.9K 1.9K 20
ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴛ [ᴄᴏ·ᴠᴇʀᴛ] ᴀᴅᴊᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ 1. ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇᴀʟᴇᴅ; sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ; ᴅɪsɢᴜɪsᴇᴅ 2. ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ; sʜᴇʟᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ (Y/N) (L/N) was always curious about her parents' job. Oftentimes...
27.9K 900 40
She was the gem of SHIELD, the one that everyone knew of, but no one had seen or met, except Nick Fury. She was talked about by everyone, all hoping...