The Golden Daughter✓Tony Stark

By Ivory-damsel

Book 1 of the Golden Sunshine series. It was late at night. Sometime between 11PM and 1AM. The door bell chim... More

Preface.
Prologue.
Part I.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Part II
6: Bombs and explosions.
7: Lost but Found.
8: It's like Operation
9: Board of Director's Meeting.
10: Accountability.
11: Blown to Kingdom Come.
12: Revenge.
13: Rebirth
14: Late Night Guest.
Part III.
15: Weapon or no weapon
16: The Concept of Change.
17: Poison
18: Notary.
19: Whiplash
20:Tested, not trusted.
21: Birthday Party.
22: Decades Old Riddles
23: New Elements.
24: Flight.
25: Kill Zone.
26: The Avengers Initiative.
Part IV.
27: Funny.
28: Mind Games.
29: Assemble.
30: Reindeer Games.
31: Warm light for Mankind.
32: Ghosty.
33: Too Late.
35: Battle of New York.
36: Sapphire.
Part V
37: The Mandarin.
38: Poisoned?
39: Nightmares.
40: One Night Stands.
41: Limited Edition.
42: Gary needs Tony.
43: Disappointed.
44: Memories Brings Back Memories.
Part VI
45: Impromptu Trips.
46: Weak
47: Alone.
48: Miserable.
49: Escape from Prison.
50: Betrayal
51: Convergence.
The Golden Sunshine.

34: Performance Issues.

144 7 0
By Ivory-damsel

I slip on the comms as agent Barton, Nat, Steve and I enter the  quinjet. A young attendant comes up to us.

"You guys are not authorized to be in here-"

"Son... just don't." Steve cuts him off.

Agent Barton walks to the pilot seat and shifts a few buttons, soon, we're taking off behind dad.

"Are you guys going to tell us what's going on?" Nat asks after a few seconds of silence.

"Loki's at the tower. He's going to power the Tessaract with the reactor." I said, adjusting the gauntlet in my hands.

"Wow" I heard Nat whisper.

"Lis, the barrier around the cube is pure energy and I can't get through it. I'm going to go for plan B." Dad's voice comes in through the comms. I had the feeling it was connected to only me.

"We're on our way." I replied.

"You better get here quickly, you're the one that's good with this kind of shit." Dad says into the comms.

"Just try to keep him distracted, I'm on my way." I said as I stood up from where I was sitting beside Steve.

I press the button to open the ramp.

"Dad couldn't stop the cube so he's trying to distract Loki, I'm going down to help." I said in one breath over my shoulder, I could feel the energy surging through my veins.

"Lisa, wait-" Steve calls out but I'd already jumped out.

The wind was blowing heavily in  my face and ear, it was so relieving. Tendrils of falling strands of hair was getting in my face but it was comforting. I could see the tower now, I land in the helipad.

I could feel the energy of the Tessaract a few feet away. I could also see Loki staring at me through the window. Seriously what's with this guy and staring? It is starting to get creepy.

"…But, let's do a head count here. Your brother, the demi-God; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; my daughter with the extraordinary abilities, a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a couple of  master assassins, and you, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them." Dad says.

"That was the plan." Loki said with a snide smile.

"Not a great plan, buddy." I said, making my presence known. I walk behind the bar to stand beside dad.

"Yeah, when they come, and
they will, they'll come for you. Drink?" Dad asks as he subtly slides two bracelets in front of me.

"I have an army." Loki counters.

"We have a Hulk." Dad burst out. I slid the bracelets back to his front. I'm not wearing that.

"I thought the beast had wandered off." Loki replies.

"You're missing the point. There's no throne, there is no version of this, where you come out on top." Dad says glaring at me subtly. He walks towards Loki, holding a glass of whiskey in his hand.

"Maybe your army comes and maybe it's too much for us, but it's all on you. Because if we can't protect the Earth, you can be damned well sure we'll avenge it." Dad finishes standing a few feet away from Loki.

Loki walks up to dad slowly, scepter in hands. My hands glow up in anticipation. I couldn't just act without dad's signal.
"How will your friends have time for me, when they're so busy fighting you?"

Loki taps dad on the chest with his scepter. Ping! The sound of the metal tip of the scepter clanking against dad's arc reactor.

Loki stops in confusion, trying it again but the same result. I always knew the reactor was for a reason, I smile inwardly.

"It should work." Loki states in confusion.

"Well, performance issues. You know?" I quip.

Loki snaps his head in my direction before grabbing dad by the neck in anger and flings him across the room.

"Guys. Anytime now."
Dad chokes out as he grabs him again by the neck, dad's feet dangling below him. My hand goes to my neck subconsciously.

"You will all fall before me." Loki grits out. The elevator door opens behind me. Loki flings dad out like a rag doll.

I step out of the way, just in time for the pod to shoot past me, almost bumping into Loki. I'm sure the suit would reach dad before he hits the ground like an egg.

I shoot energy beams at Loki making him fall back. I jump over the bar to walk towards him as he rises slowly.

"I am glad to see your abilities are upgraded." He says as we locked eyes.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, then it suddenly clicks. That night at the reserve that he took over my mind. Come to think of it, my mind control was different, agent Barton was like a puppet in his plan but I wasn't, Fury said I was in some kind of daze, I wasn't attacking or anything. On the helicarrier, I was in some kind of ghosted state.

"What the fuck did you do to me?" I sethe as I walk closer to him.

"Nothing dangerous, I just unleashed your abilities and enhanced them to fulfil the…" He was cut off by dad coming up in the suit.

"And there's one other person you pissed off! His name was Phil." Dad mechanical voice booms.

Loki turns to dad with a glare, he raises the scepter but dad was faster, he fires at Loki, sending him on his ass.

I feel it before I see it. The Tessaract trembles loudly like the other night before sending a beam to the open skies.

I run outside, looking up at the sky. A large portal opens up, just like the one at SHIELD but larger some creatures pour out of it heading towards us.

"Right. Army." Dad says and I sigh.

Dad flies up towards the portal, I follow behind him, we try to take out as many as we can but it's no use.

We fly downwards as the army starts to attack us.
"We have to split up." I told dad as the army tailed behind us.

"Right, on three. One, two, three." We part ways dad going right and I the other way.

The aliens behind us split up too but not before some crash into the wall. I maneuvered my way through the streets, some of the chitauri crashing into the building.

I suddenly turn around blasting the rest of the army behind me. I land on the roof of a building to take a breather.

"Stark, we're heading north east."  Nat's voice comes in.

"What, did you stop for drive-thru?" Dad voice replies. "Swing up park, I'm gonna lay 'em out for you." Dad continues.

I blast a chitauri out of the sky and it crashes into another one below.

I spot the quinjet spinning out of control, fire burning in one of the wings. I fly twards it, encasing it in a blue field, trying to get it to land safely. It's to fast but it slams into the street below, somewhat safely.

The three of them comes out completely unharmed and I fly towards them landing between Cap and Nat.

"We've got to get back up there." Cap says and I nod. I look up about to fly and I stop at the sight.

A fucking Leviathan flies out of the wormhole, it passes over us dropping of more foot soldiers into the city.

"Holy shit." I let out. Steve turns to me and I shrug. "What? Don't tell me it didn't cross your mind too." He just shakes his head in amusement and turns.

"Stark, are you seeing this?" He asks.

"I'm seeing, still working on believing. Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?" Dad asks.

"Banner?" Steve asks in confusion.

"Just keep me posted." Dad replies.

We run behind fallen taxis. I look up and see Loki taking his band down the street and fires at the street, causing a chain of explosions.

Terrified screams fills the air, people running around, everything's one big chaos.

"Those people need assistance down there." Cap says to us.

Chitauri soldiers that have landed near us and begin firing at us. I stand up and blast the five of them at once.

"We got this. It's good. Go!" Nat turns to us, pulling out both of her guns.

Cap and I ran over to the plaza, well he ran and I flew above him taking out stray chitauri from above.

Cap jumps in front of two police officers and I land behind him. They look up at us.

"I need men in these buildings. There are people inside that can run into the line of fire. You take them through the basement or through the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th." Cap instructs.

"Why the hell should I take orders from you?" The older officer asks.

Suddenly, an explosion comes up from behind us. I turn around to see about five Chitauri soldiers behind us. An energy blast is blocked by my field. Cap throws his shield at one of the soldiers and it bounces off it to the other and I take out the remaining three.

I turn around to see the officer turns to his colleague.

"I need men in those buildings, lead the people down and away from the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th." He ordered and I smirk, fly into the sky.

I fly back towards agent Barton and Nat, Cap right behind me. I land in the middle throwing blast the circle of soldiers around me.

I look around to see another set of soldiers our way. I get ready to fight back but lightning strikes down from the sky, channeling the blast, firing the electricity out at the chitauri soldiers around us, they drop dead almost instantly.

Thor lands leaning on a car for support.

"What's the story upstairs?" Cap asks.

"The powers surrounding the cube is impenetrable." Thor replies.

"Thor is right. We gotta deal with these guys." Dad replies through he comms.

"How do we do this?" Nat ask.

"As a team." Cap replies.

"I have unfinished business with Loki." Thor states.

"Yeah," I heard behind us and I turn to see agent Barton behind us, fixing his arrows. "get in line." He finishes and I smile, I have a feeling we'll get along just fine.

"Save it. Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need." Cap starts. "Without him these things could run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us..." He's cut off by the sound of a motorcycle. We turn around in confusion.

Bruce gets of the machine, letting it rest on a turned over car beside him as he walks towards us.

"So, this all seems horrible." He says looking around, he looks at me apologetically before looking towards Nat.

"I've seen worse." Nat replies.

"Sorry." He apologizes now meeting my eyes.

"It's fine." I replied.

"Yeah. We could use a little worse." Nat replies.

"Stark? We got him." He says into the comm.

"Banner?" Dad asks.

"Just like you said." Cap replies.

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you." Dad replies.

Bruce walks forward and a few seconds later dad flies out from behind a building, with the Leviathan right on his tail.

"I... I don't see how that's a party..." Nat calls out.

Dad swoops down the street. The  leviathan follows suit. Bruce looks back at us walking towards them.

"Dr. Banner. Now might be a really good time for you to get angry." Cap calls out.

"That's my secret,Cap." He says walking towards the wiggling Leviathan before turning back towards us. "I'm always angry."

Bruce's body starts to swell and stretch and harden. Green overshadows his pale skin, his fist clenched, he throws the fist into the head of the Leviathan, flipping it over.

The armor around the creature starts to fall off, exposing it's soft skin, giving dad an opening.

"Hold on." Dad says as he fires a missile at the soft spot, blowing it up to lessen the impact.

I take cover beside agent Barton puting up the force field as the parts of the creature splatters around us.

I stand after the dust is clears, standing between dad and Steve. I look around getting myself ready as another wave of soldiers roars at us.

"Guys." Nat calls from behind me.

"Call it, Cap" dad says.

A/N: And so, the Avengers assembled.

Next update: Wednesday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 68.3K 91
"Why aren't you worshipping me, mortal?" "Not interested. Thanks" ------------ Superpowers acquired after a horri...
77.6K 2K 15
Six months... It had been roughly six months since Tony had last heard his precious baby speak. Six months since he had last watched him walk or run...
5.5K 197 22
"After the baths and after the Dino-nuggets, and after they put the boys to sleep, Steve and Bucky collapsed into their own bed. Content with just be...
37.1K 1.2K 28
Its been 2 years. No one is back to "Normal". The Avengers don't interact with one another as often, only when they have missions. What happens when...