Meaningless

Galing kay cecaniaC

GRUVIA (GRAY FULLBUSTER AND JUVIA LOCKSER) FAIRY TAIL FANFICTION Book cover by FranzineTsukino Higit pa

Meaningless
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue
Special Chapter

Chapter 16

5.4K 169 46
Galing kay cecaniaC

Chapter 16

Drunken Proposal

True enough, it was not hard for their friends to accept the news. It shocked them but they accepted the kid so well. Actually, Xander is well-pampered by their friends.

"Aw, man. He really looks like Gray." Elfman said while looking at Xander. The kid smiled at him.

"But he has Juvia's eyes. Look," Mira said as she gleefully carries the kid from Juvia. "He is really cute."

"Lucky, he didn't have your eyes, Gray." Natsu scoffed.

"What?" Gray narrowed his eyes on Natsu.

Loke pinched Xander's cheek. "Lucky boy isn't he?" And everyone laughed.

"Hey!" Gray shouted. "Don't pinch my son like that!"

Everybody laugh once again. Gray is overprotective of Xander. Juvia just smiled at him and tell that it was okay.

"It's not okay, Juvia. Xander is being passed on like a ball." Gray said as he narrowed his eyes at his friends, whose carrying Xander. "He might cry. Or get bruised."

Gajeel scoffed. "So damn whipped."

They laughed again. It was true that Gray whipped with Xander. Every time he came home from work, he always played with Xander, always volunteering to do things. Juvia is grateful that Gray helped her with the child. And it's quite funny to see Gray whipped over by a kid.

Gajeel was shocked when Levy pulled his ear. She stares daggers at him like she's about to explode. Gajeel's immediate reaction is to panic.

"What?" Gajeel asked. His sweats are like bullets.

"You knew and you didn't tell me?" Levy's tone was like a stone. She really does look scary when mad.

Gajeel opened and closed his mouth. He wanted to say something but he doesn't know how. Before things go wrong, Juvia interrupted the two.

"It was me, Levy. I told him not to tell everyone." Juvia said. Levy looked at her.

Levy sighed. "Okay. But that was years! Years! And he didn't tell me!" She looked at Gajeel again. She pouted. "Don't you trust me with secrets?"

Gajeel raised his hands in defeat. "I'm sorry woman. Juvia's my sister. Please, I'm sorry."

Levy sighed and rolled his eyes on Gajeel. "Right. Fine. It's just unfair."

Juvia apologized to Levy. "I'm sorry, Levy."

Levy looked at Juvia and smiled. "That's alright. Nobody is blaming you."

Juvia felt relieved. It was a good sign and Xander was really welcomed in the guild. The girls talked separately with the boys while the boys, well they're drinking and probably messing up the restaurant that they have rent for the dinner. Xander was already asleep in Juvia's arms.

"So you're more experienced than me, Juvia." Lucy said. Lucy's baby was at home with a Nanny.

"No. Not really." Juvia waved her hands.

"I mean, Iggy is an adorable baby but he always cry at midnight. You know my agony, Juvia." Lucy sighed.

Juvia laughed and nodded. "Yes, it is hard. Xander did that too. I remember one time that he cried for hours and I don't know how to stop him. I joined him cried too." She said laughing. She remembered the nights she had with Xander, all the crying, whimpering and all the horrible duties she had to do herself. "But it's worth it whenever you see him smile, right?"

Lucy smiled at Juvia too, understanding what Juvia meant. "Yeah, it is amazing."

"Hey, we can't relate to that." Cana interrupted. "Well, since Gray had known that he had a child. What's the score between you two?"

Mira nodded. "Yeah, are you two together?"

"Gray is living with you and Xander right?" Lev asked.

Juvia blushed. She ran her hands on Xander's back, caressing him. Juvia didn't know what to say. What are they anyway? Are they totally back together? You slept with him Juvia. Juvia thought.

"Well?" Lucy said. They are all waiting for Juvia's answer.

Juvia shrugged. Yes, they have been living under the same roof for months but...there's always a word but. If it weren't for Xander, they wouldn't have to live together. Gray is doing this for Xander, in Juvia's thought. It was all for Xander's sake. She doesn't really know. She had loved Gray for years and she had been loving him until today. What about Gray? What if he had no choice but to be with Juvia because of Xander? What if it left him no choice because he is responsible for the child?

But the nights, and those many kisses and hugs they have shared; aren't that a proof that Gray loves her? She shook her head. She doesn't want to hope for hopeless things again.

All the girls frowned at her. "Why don't you know, Juvia?"

"Doesn't Gray treat you well?" Erza seriously asked.

Juvia immediately said. "No, he treats me well."

"Then?" Lisanna asked.

"I just really don't know." Juvia said, almost a whisper.

The girls sighed again. There it is. Since, Juvia came back, it seems all the confidence she has are gone. Unlike before, Juvia is always confident, of declaring her love for Gray.  For being brave to confess to him. For being sure about what she will do. But since she came back, they all noticed that the Juvia they knew before is gone.

"Juvia, what happened to you?" Lucy asked as she put a hand on Juvia's shoulder.

"What do you mean?" Juvia asked, confused.

"You've lost all your confidence." Erza said. "That's unlikely of you. Yes, you may be a little shy but still confidence lies in you before..."

"Am I not?"

Levy shook her head. "No, you're not. We know things have changed. You've become a mother and maturity looks good on you. You seem always tense and scared."

Juvia was shocked as she heard that. She looked at the girls, who agreed with Levy. She looked down. They were right. She became anxious of herself and everything. Even her feelings. Even for Gray. She doesn't know when she became like this.

All the girls sighed. Then Erza speaks, "Well, Juvia you don't have to be like that anymore. Nobody is judging you with whatever."

Juvia looked at her. "I'm not thinking that way."

"Still."

The dinner goes on until 10 in the evening. Juvia suggested that they should go home early because they brought Xander with them. The kid needs to sleep early and it's already late for Xander to sleep. Their friends also did the same. They already smell like beer and the guys are drunk. Luckily, Gray brought his driver with him. He had guessed this is what will happen.

"Are you okay?" Juvia asked Gray as he walked towards her. His walks are unsteady and his eyes are sleepy.

He grinned at Juvia. "Well, yeah."

Juvia chuckled and shook her head. He's not okay. Maybe, she shouldn't have asked him. They all left the restaurant and waved each other good bye. They walked towards the parking lot. Juvia is worried about Gray and at the same time, she couldn't help but laugh. Gray is really drunk. His face is red. His eyes are unfocused. His walks are unsteady.

"Baby, look at Dadda. He walks like you when you're 9 months old." She whispered to her son who already fell asleep in her arms.

Gray stopped walking and turned around to face Juvia. Juvia stopped walking, too. Gray showed his toothy grin at Juvia. Juvia laughed again.

"You are so drunk, Gray." She said. Gray grinned again and walked towards her. "Do you need a hand?" She asked. He shook his head.

Gray barely made it towards Juvia. It was a few steps anyway but Gray's walks are unsteady. He stood inches apart from Juvia and Xander. She smiled at him.

"What?" She asked.

He shook his head. "Nothing." He paused and sighed, looking at his son and its mother.  He proudly grinned. "I'm the luckiest man in the world." He said.

Juvia blushed. And she was stunned. Her back straighten and she felt her hair rose up. It was a good feeling, thought. The giddy kind of shiver. The so-called butterfly in the stomach feels.

Then he felt his warm embrace. Gray inhaled and sighed. He kissed Xander's hair then he kissed the other side of her neck, where it is Xander-free. They stood there for about minutes. Gray hugged Juvia and Xander like they haven't meet for a very long time. Juvia's heart feels like exploding. It was overwhelming for her.

"Gray..." She managed to whisper even though she felt like she's losing her breath.

"Hmm..." His voice vibrates in Juvia's body. "I like to stay like this for a while."

So they stayed. It was ten minutes of hugging in the parking lot. After that, Gray carried Xander. Juvia asked Gray if he can because obviously, Gray was drunk. But Gray just shrugged and said he can carry his son even her if she wanted. Juvia just slightly punch Gray's arm.

They have ridden the car and the driver drove them to their house. Gray hand was on Juvia's on the way home. Juvia couldn't be any happier. It was always the time like this were Gray couldn't care any less. Gray is not showy of his feelings for Juvia. Gray just act when he feels threaten or when he's drunk. Like times like this. Xander was on Gray's chest, sleeping heavily. Gray left hand was on Juvia's waist and the other free hand; he used to hold hands with Juvia. Juvia's arms were wrapped around Xander.

"How many beers have you drink?" Juvia asked suddenly.

Gray opened his closed eyes. "I don't know. But it's plenty."

"You smell so bad." Juvia wrinkled her nose. She mocked Gray but Gray just grinned.

"You can wash me up at home." His voice is husky and that made Juvia shivers. Even Gray's voice made her body react.

"Gray..." She warned Gray. At times like this, Gray is also careless of his words, very vulgar to the point of being tactless.  

"What? Xander is asleep. He can't hear us." He chuckled. "Besides, I'm drunk. I can't walk straight. And I can't take a shower by myself. You have no choice but to help me." He winked at her. She laughed, not so loud. "Or we can take the shower together."

"Gray, I'm not drunk." She laughed again.

"I know. But I'm drunk, you have to help me." Gray playfully said. Juvia can't hide her happiness.

When they got home, Juana helped them with Xander. Gray thanked Juana for being a good help to them. Then, he grinned at Juvia.

"You have no choice but to help me." He put her arms around Juvia. They were so closed that Gray managed to kiss her. Juvia blushed and laughed.

"Come on, you're drunk." Juvia said as she dragged Gray along their home. They took the stairs and went to their room. Juvia laid down Gray on the bed. He is heavy and drunk. Juvia stretched her arms and sat on the bed. She was untying her shoes when she felt a hand grip on her waist.

"Ah!" Juvia squealed as she was dragged on the bed by Gray. "Gray! You are really drunk!" Gray went on top of Juvia, real fast that Juvia didn't notice it.

Gray grinned at him. "Yes, I am."  Then his lips landed on hers. She closed her eyes as she felt Gray's tongue. It tastes like beer, mint and Gray. She moaned as Gray crashed on her mouth. It was a bit aggressive but she likes it. Gray bites her mouth as their lips left each other. Gray intensely looked at him. The atmosphere suddenly changed into an intense one. They were both staring at each other, lips parted and souls in need.

Gray caressed Juvia's cheek. He put her hair on the side of her ear. Juvia remembered something as he did that. It was like before. It was this time. Gray was drunk. Gray held her. It is like what was before. That night, Gray was drunk and Juvia had some few beers. That night where they become one and resulted into a wonderful child named Xander.

"Gray..." She whispered.

Gray leaned down to kiss her softly. She also remembered this. Just like before, Gray planted her lips a kiss. A soft but trembling kiss.  He looked at Juvia.

"I know what you're thinking right now." He said; his voice deep and hoarse.

Juvia stared at him, confused. But she knows what Gray is talking about. She knows. Gray is still on top of her, feeling his weight but it's not that heavy. Feeling Gray's warm and sexy body. Gray fingers landed on her neck down to her arms. It is light touches. That made her shiver that she almost lost herself. She closes her eyes and breathes deep.

The feeling never changes. It was like before but what she felt is still the same. They may have did this when they already have reconciled but this is new yet it seems so familiar.

"I remember, Juvia." Gray said. "I still remember."

Juvia exactly knows what he is saying. The first night. Their first night.

"Do you remember the truck? We also did that there." Gray said, seductively. His hand are roaming on the top of her clothes.

Juvia nodded. "Yes, Gray." That was their first time. Gray leaned to Juvia's side and kissed her lightly behind the ear. Juvia moaned.

"First the truck then, the bed." He kissed downward to her neck and shoulder blades.

Juvia's heart is beating fast. She will lose herself tonight. That, she already predicted. But then, she remembered again. Gray will ask something. That happened before. She closed her eyes. She's giddy yet scared. Will he really ask that question? What will she say if he did? Her heart is pounding so fast she couldn't think of any.

Gray tilted her chin to look at him. Gray's eyes were now focused on her. It is like he's staring into Juvia's soul.

"I know I'm drunk that night, Juvia." Gray said. "And I'm drunk right now." Juvia's starting to tear up. It is exactly what she predicted.

"But I know what I'm doing. I remembered that night too. And tomorrow, I'll remember this too." Gray said as he stood up from the bed. Juvia sat up. Hearts beating, emotions exploding.

Juvia put her hand on her mouth as he saw Gray kneeled in front of her, in their house, in their room. "You already made me the happiest and the luckiest man in the world. I think it's time for me to do the same, Juvia."

It was like before. But there's a difference. Big difference. "You gave me Xander. I'll give myself to you, as a good husband and father to Xander. And many more children to come." Gray inhaled, tears forming in his eyes. "Will..." He choked back his tears as he remembered something. "Shit. I'm sorry. I don't have the ring."

"It's okay." Juvia said while sobbing.

Gray smiled and held Juvia's hand. He kissed it tenderly. "Will you be my wife?"

Juvia caressed Gray's cheeks. Gray leaned forward to her hand. He closed his eyes. "Is it a yes?"

Juvia, the, got up on the bed and went over to Gray, who's still kneeling. She jumped on Gray and they almost lost their balance. Luckily, Gray is sobering up. Now, they were both kneeling on the floor.

Gray chuckled as a tear fell from his cheek. Juvia looked up at him and kissed his lips. "You are so drunk, Gray. A drunk proposal? Really" She teased.

He laughed. "Yes, I am. And I really do mean it, Juvia."

He kissed her again. "I love you so much, Juvia."

"I love-"

"I know. I know." Gray interrupted Juvia from speaking. He stood up and scooped Juvia from the floor up to the bed.

"Gray!" Juvia protested but laughed.

"What?" Gray laughed as he was on top of her again. "I just want to celebrate my successful drunken proposal." He said as he crashed his lips unto Juvia, both closing their eyes.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

13.9K 524 26
***TRIGGER WARNING: There will be lots of depression and self-harm. You have been warned.*** Shipping Gruvia from Fairy Tail! (Highschool AU) Juvia L...
714K 28.5K 88
She cares for him.. She loves him... She helps him... She's the one who changed his entire life into a fun one... She's his Personal Assistant... #62...
93.3K 2.6K 19
Gray Fullbuster is one of the leaders of the enforcement team(think Mafia)of the Fairy Tail gang. Orphaned at a young age and a high school dropout o...
2.5K 83 3
All Gajeel wanted to do was confront her with the problem, but he didn't think it would end so badly... How is he going to fix things? Fairy Tail has...