Unexpected DNA

Por petrovastyles

The sequel of "Damaged heart" What happens to the lives of the supernatural of Mystic Falls and the members o... Mais

Introduction
Chapter One
chapter 2
Author's Note
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
Chapter 28
Holidays Chapter 27
NOTE
Rumors
Chapter29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Question
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Author's note

Chapter 26

78 4 0
Por petrovastyles

Katy's POV

Nadia and i have been bonding for the last couple of days getting to know each other and today is no different. I'm not alone anymore. I was snapped out of my thoughts by Bonnie making a video on her phone. Elena and Caroline were out getting more supplies for the party.

"Hi, Mom. I know we haven't seen each other, or talked in  while... so I wanted to make you a video update. I finally finished my whirlwind summer tour, got a new 'do and, I'm in college at Whitmore, where Grams taught. And this is my dorm! It's huge, right? It even has a fireplace! I mean, what dorm has a fireplace?"

Speaking of the devil, here they come.

"Oh, here they are. Hey, guys! Say hi to my mom!" Bonnie said causing Elena and Caroline to wave at the camera excitedly."They're planning me a welcome party. Just something, just low-key. I miss you. Please come visit when you get a chance. I'll, um, talk to you soon. Bye!"

With my best Bonnie voice I say:

"By the way, Mom; I'm not a witch anymore, because I died and then came back from the Other Side.

"Yeah, I'm this supernatural anchor that connects the two worlds together, so..." Caroline said following along.

"Technically, I'm a ghost, that people can still see, and touch, so..." Elena says, playing my little game.

"Okay, so I left out a detail...or two. I'll explain when she visits. How big is this party going to be?" Bonnie says eyeing all the alcoholic beverages the girls were able to get their hands on.

"Well, let's see. Silas and Tessa are gone, and you finally aren't.Which equals a massive cause for celebration!Which equals a massive party. Hopefully. I mean, since each of us have only made one friend in college so far." Elena told her.

"And given that Katy won't be joining us and that my only friend went radio silent after he kissed me, and Elena's was last seen at a tea party for a vampire-hating secret society." Caroline said.

"Hmm... Augustine, right? The one who covered up your roommate's death and wants you kicked off from campus." Bonnie said catching us by surprise which could be read all over our faces.

"What? I've kept up! The Other Side is boring. What else am I supposed to do?" she asked."Oh, shoot. Um, I have to go register for classes." she said after looking at her phone.

The girls and I share a look knowing very well Bonnie was lying to us.

" Well, have fun registering." i said with a low voice.Caroline,Elena, and i tease Bonnie, acting like we are making out.

"Oh my god, oh my god!" Bonnie yells before taking off.

Katherine's POV

Ive been sitting at the bar in the grill since they opened up, drinking away my feelings.But apparently i can't do that anymore since Matty- blue here is refusing to give me another drink. I know i seemed like a emotionless bitch after the things i told Nadia. But it was the motherly thing to do. I don't want her to get used to seeing me every day just to loose me all over again.

"How about now? Matty Blue-Blue. I want another drink."

"No! You're drunk and scaring the customers."

"You realize that every single time you say no, it just makes you hotter, right?" I should of compelled him when I had the chance. Why does he have to be so hot, and ignoring me,bothering the crap out of me fyi; watching something on his phone. Curiosity, one of my many traits.

"What are you watching, some Czech reality show?" I asked.

"How'd you know it was Czech?".

I shake my glass at him, letting the ice cubes smack against the sides of my glass.

" You translate, you drink." Matt says giving me his phone to fill up my glass again.

"Okay. What the hell am I looking at here?" I asked him as all i see is him laying on a couch.

"So, over the summer, I went to Prague, met a girl. She followed me back here. Then, her boyfriend put some kind of spirit thing in my head." he said. Oh oh.

"Oh, dear. This is bad." i tell him. "Some guy named Kristof, he, um— he activated you. He's a Traveler. Travelers are a faction of witches. They're big on spirit possession. You've got one inside of you. It's kind of like a human parasite that's hitching a ride in your brain." I informed him.

"So how the hell do I get it out of me?"he asked. I just can't seem to take a break can't i? Please tell me this isn't what i think it is.

"That girl, the one that followed you back from Prague, was she, um, I don't know, feisty, a little accent, ridiculously beautiful?" i asked him.

" Pretty much, yeah. Her name was Nadia." he said with a smile. Ugh, fuck me. I gotta pee again. After i was done in the bathroom i made my way back to the bar only to see that matty-blue was gone, perfect. I quickly grabbed a bottle alcohol and ran. On my way to hide at some dark corner i found Stefan sitting at a table by himself.

"Hey stranger!" I great him. "Lookie what i stole." I show him my bottle. "Knock yourself out." he said getting up ready to leave as i sit down on one of the chairs.

"Hey! Come on! Please. Just have one drink with me? Please. Stefan, I've had a bad...year, really. And it would be nice to have a friendly face." he let out a sigh of frustration but sat back down.

"One pity drink."

"See? The universe at work. I don't know if you know this, but our doppelgänger stars are fated to be together. So, like it or not, you're going to end up with someone who looks like me. Although, the universe seems to have all of its eggs in the Elena basket; but at this point, I don't really blame it." I tell him taking another shot, feeling the alcohol burn down my throat into my stomach.

"What is wrong with you?" he asked.

"Other than the joint pain, the receeding gums, and the fact that I have to pee every five minutes, I'm dandy. But hey! Enough about me. Why are you all by your lonesome?"

"So I could avoid talking to anyone." he said causing me to laugh.

"Well, if you did want to talk to someone, I'm right here. And, uhh, let's be honest, I'm wasted, so I'm not going to remember." i told him after taking anothet shot.

"Look, I thought that killing Silas would allow me to move on with my life, but I was wrong.  I spent my summer locked in a safe. One minute, I think I'm fine, and the next, I feel like I'm dying all over again." he tells me.

"Oooohh. Classic PTSD. You survived a pretty traumatic event, and now you're back, and you've got nothing but free time to just relive that terrible experience in the safe. Well, allow me to give your life purpose. Help me with one little favor?"

"Should've known this was gonna come around to you needing something from me."

"I'm just trying to help. What would I know about post-traumatic stress? I only had my newborn ripped from my arms by my judgmental father. Then, I had to run 500 years after my entire family had been slaughtered by a psychopath, and having to abandon my second daughter when she was nothing but a six -month old baby trying to protect her, but hey! That didn't have any lingering side-effects." I said getting up to leave. But Stefan grabbed my arm as i rushed pass him.

"Okay. Okay. Alright.  What do you need?" he asked.

"I thought you never wanted to see me again? Why did you call me? I was busy spending some quality time with my little sister." Nadia said coming towards us with Katy trailing behind her.

"Stefan, I'd like you to meet Nadia Petrova, my daughter."
✨Time later✨

We were all later hanging out in the storage room after i told them my plan. Well part of it.

" Just out of morbid curiosity, which one of you is younger?" Stefan asked pointing at both Nadia and I."I am." We both answered at the same time

"Right."

"This is stupid. Im not in the mood for something like this.  Im going back to Whitmore, hopefully the party is still going on." Katy said with an annoyed tone in her voice, leaving the room. Every day that passes by and the more time i spend with her trying to know her better. That damn witch's voice comes to my head when katy was still inside me. But that's a story for anothet time. I was snapped out of my thoughts by Matt entering the room.

"Okay. So here's the knife the Traveler left behind with me. Now, what are we doing in here?"

"Take a seat, Matt." I tell him. Matt sits down and i take the blade from him and walk back to where Nadia was standing.

"This is ridiculous." Nadia said while walking towards Matt. "Vyjde."  

All of the sudden Matt's eyes turned pitch black. What am I doing here? Matt says in Czech.

"It's okay, sweetheart." Nadia said in English.

"Hello, Gregor. I'm Nadia's mother. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." i said. "What do you want?" Gregor asked me.

"Here's the thing. Nadia is my first child. So naturally, I'm suspicious of anyone who wants to date her. Why don't you tell us the real reason why you're in Mystic Falls?"

"To track and kill Silas."

"Hmmm. So, it has absolutely nothing to do with this?" I asked him, showing him the blade.

How did you get that?"

"I would much rather be getting drunk right now, so why don't you stop wasting our time, and tell us what you're doing here." Stefan said taking the blade out of my hand and holding it to "Gregor's neck" .

"Fine. After Silas was dead, I was meant to kill her." Greggor said gesturing towards me. Fuck.

"didn't see that one coming." I said.

You were using me to get to her? Why? Why would you kill her?" Nadia asked him.

"That's what the Travelers want. I don't question my orders." he answered. "See why I don't want you dating my daughter? Because Travelers are ruthless, manipulative, hypocrites. I know because father was one." I said right before stabbing him in the neck with the knife. "Matt will be fine. Gregor, on the other hand, not so much. I just expelled his spirit. There's a reason why he wanted this knife so badly. It's the only thing that will truly kill a passenger." I informed both Nadia and Stefan.

Time later✨

After i helped Stefan deal with his little psychological a bit and my daughter told me to rot in hell. I made my final decision. So i decide to write a letter with a waitress order taking notebook.

 "Dear Nadia, sorry I had to kill your boyfriend, but it was the motherly thing to do. Just like abandoning Katy as a toddler. Suicide, however, not very motherly of me. I ran from my enemies for 500 years, and then one day, I stopped. Now a new enemy wants me dead. Sure I could run from the Travelers, but there's still one enemy that I can never escape—time.

 So call it pride or vanity, but after the life that I've led, I refuse to drift off into the sunset. I hope you and you sister keep in touch. You need each other. Good-bye, Nadia."

I kept on repeating those words in my head as i was about to jump off the clock tower in the towns square. I was about to jump face down but hey that'll disfigure my face. A girl has to keep looking good till the last minute. I turned my back away from the edge and let myself free- fall. I got to admit, feeling the wind blowing frm underneath. Readying my self for the impact is terrifying. Just when i thought i was to hit the cold hard ground i felt myself wrapped in stong muscular arms. Causing me to open up my eyes. Just to find Stefan's face so close to mine. Making me weak.

" What are you doing?" he asked as he puts me down on my feet.

"I told you: You either face your problems, or you run. I chose option 3."

"And what problem has you jumping off of a clock tower?"

"I'm dying, Stefan. I'm dying of old age. I don't know. The cure did something to speed up the entire mortifying process."

Putting his hand on my cheek he says:

" Hey. You're Katherine Pierce. Suck it up."

Hey guys soooo I've been super lazy lately as you can see from this crappy chapter and im three days behind on hw and i haven't gone to skool in two days. As im trying to "change" my attitude and my pov in life. Not a working progress. I have two more chapters already written just gotta edit them. Soooo bye and
Good luck. ❤

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

184K 7.3K 64
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...
41K 1.3K 18
This is what it's like when a black hole collides with the brightest star in the sky. Katherine Pierce is dying. So what does she do with her remain...
22.7K 653 14
𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚊 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚏𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚍𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗? 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚒�...
13.9K 180 32
Natalia Petrova, older sister of Katerina Petrova or more known Katherine Pierce. One day Natalia is called back to Mystic Falls by none other than t...