Dire

By niallsthumb

Dire (of a situation or event) extremely serious or urgent. "dire consequences" Similar: terrible, dreadful... More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106

57

45 0 0
By niallsthumb

It's been a busy next couple of days with work. Im getting into the swings of things faster then I thought. Its fast past and a lot of the time loud. It's not the same as when I cook at home where I'm in my own world.

Today was my day off and I pretty much sat around reading and drawing.

There was a knock on my door. I opened the door to see Ed "hey do you want to go down to the pub for a bit?"

"Yeah sure let me get changed"

I grabbed a cute outfit and put it on.

"Do you think Harry will be there?" I asked while putting on my shoes

Ed shrugged "not sure if he is maybe you can talk to him" he nudged me

I scrunched up my nose. Shaking my head no. "I want him to talk to me first."

Ed laughed "are we talking about the same Harry."

I laughed we got to the bar "can we stay down here? I don't really wanna go upstairs at least not sober."

"Yeah of course. what do you drink?"walking up to the bar.

"I wish I knew. Harry always got the drinks it was something girly"

He nodded and order a drink holding it out for me. We drank.

"Wanna play darts?" He asked Pointing at the dart board.

"I've never played but sure."

We walked over. Ed Handing me the darts.

I pushed them back into his hands "No you go first so I can see how you throw it"

He laughed said "I'm not to good at this either so I'm not sure you should be taking tips off of me"

He went hitting the board "not good my ass." I laughed

He handed me the darts. I threw it and it didn't even hit the board "I suck i this" I whined

I threw another and it missed again ed placed his hand on my back "here move closer."

I threw the last one and it stuck no where near the middle but hey! I jumped up and hugged Ed he spun me around. Being just as excited as I was.

When he put me down i happened to look up I made eye contact with Harry. I quickly looked away.

Ed said "here try again now that your getting the hang of it."

I could feel Harry starring. I would glance up and there he was.

We played a few rounds Ed getting us drinks.

We heard yelling and we looked up and could see Harry holding a guy against he wall near the railing.

Ed said "uh oh someone ticked off the grumpy bastard." Ed must have realized My mood switched seeing Harry.

"Are you any good at pool?" Ed asked

"surprisingly yeah." I smiled

"ok let's see" we walked over to the pool table and he started the game we played I was in the lead. Ed was in disbelief.

"How are you winning!" Shaking his head.

"my friend growing up had a pool table in his basement."

"Same friend with the legos?"

"Yeah.."

"You two hung out a lot huh?"

"Yeah basically my only friend growing up."

"Do you miss him now that your like stuck here?"

"He's dead." I said blankly. I don't know why I felt nothing when saying it. Maybe I was too tipsy.

"Oh no I'm sorry what happened?"

"Harry killed him."

Ed stood up and gave me a look of concern "just because or was it justified?"

"I'll let you put two and two together. I don't feel like talking about it"

He nodded "I'm sorry for whatever happened and I'm sorry Harry did what he did."

I nodded and we continued to play pool.

Ed said "I need to go upstairs for a second I need to pick up from niall. Do you want to stay down here or are you okay coming up?"

"I'm okay." I followed him up the stairs when I looked forward I saw a girl sitting on Harry's lap. My heart shattered.

Ed turned around immediately.
"Actually can you wait downstairs." he's face dropped when he realized I saw what he was trying to stop me from seeing.

I went downstairs. Tears streaming down my face. I went directly outside. It wasn't long until Ed was by my side.

"Lexy."

"Please don't tell me any Bullshit excuse"

He sat down beside me He stayed quiet for a while

"Niall slept with a girl I was in love with."

I looked at him

"We weren't officially dating but like we were a thing."

I looked at him "I'm sorry what the fuck is wrong with Niall why would he do that!"

"We kept it low key so Niall didn't know we were an actual thing so I don't hold it against him."

"The whole caring for people sucks. I feel like everyone just hurts each other."

He said "that is why I like cats better then humans" he smiled

I laughed

"If I didn't travel so much I would definitely have a cat."

I Nudged him "Hey if you get one I would be happy to watch it for you."

"Don't say that you'll temp me."

"You won't" I teased

We started walking back to our apartment's

"Thanks Ed"

He looked at me confused

"For cheering me up."

"Anytime."

Once I got into my apartment. The happiness that Ed was distracting me with disappeared. I was alone with my thoughts.

I couldn't help but cry and realize how pathetic I was for having feelings for letting myself have these feelings I went so long with being alone and being okay with it.

But stupid naive me thought I could be like one of those stupid characters in my stupid romance books. So I let myself fall. But the problem was I was I fell for someone who apparently had no intentions of even sticking around.

So now I'm here laying on my floor drunk alone.

-
Harry POV
at the bar.

I was sitting on the couch at the pub with the guys. they forced me to come out with them tonight.

Liam said "look Alexis is here"

Bullshit she wouldn't come here by herself. I got up and went to look for myself.

I spotted her god I miss her. I saw her jump into Ed's arms and him swing her around. My jaw tightened.

Just then she looked up at me. My heart sank with guilt and regret i watched them for a bit. Are they together?

Niall came up behind me looking down seeing what I'm watching "they are definitely fucking."

Did he just read my thoughts?

"Shut up" I snapped walking back over to sit.

One of liams friends outside of the group mike Mick I don't know leaned forward "so are you and the redhead still dating?"

"We never dated" I shook my head sipping my drink

"Oh I wonder if she will fuck me since she's single."

With out warning I jumped up knocking whatever it was in front of me over slamming him against the wall

"Keep away from Alexis. so help me if I see you even breath her direction I will put a bullet through your thick head. Understood."

He nodded I let him go sitting back down on the couch

Liam shook his head with a smirk.

Zayn laughed "I thought you were over it?"

"I am. Plus she's clearly fucking ed.. fuck what do you guys have on you."

They all went into their pockets I took whatever they had out placing it on the table

I start helping myself.

Liam said "fuck sakes mate you haven't went this wild in sometime."

"Well I'm back."

It didn't take long for the high to kick in thank god. Louis and niall brought over some girls. One of them sat next to me. can't tell you how it happened because of how high I am but one of the girls ended up on my lap.

She started whispering things in my ear normally it would drive me crazy but for some reason I felt nothing. So I just laughed. The girl looked at me like I had 3 heads for not giving her the reaction she expected. Which only made me laugh more.

Next thing I know I see Ed then lexy following him up the stairs. I made eye contact with Ed. Fuck.

Ed quickly turned around trying to stop lex from coming up but then it happened her eyes locked on me.

Guilt.

She stood there frozen until she rushed back down the steps. Ed followed her down. I quickly got up watched lex weaving through the sea of drunks and ed doing the same thing.

I went to follow but Someone grabbed my shoulder "don't"

I looked over to see zayn. He shook his head "not now. Go when you're sober."

"She gonna hate me for sure now right."

Zayn cleared his throat "well she's not gonna love you more for that."

"Fuck" I mumbled

"Talk to her in a few days."

I sat on the couch basically sober ever since seeing Lexy's face.

It's been 5 days since the pub. I've been procrastinating talking to her. I know we aren't talking anymore but I need to make sure she's okay.

I sat in my car trying to figure out what the hell am I gonna say I started rehearsing

'It wasn't what it looked like I'm not sure how she got there..'

'Lex I'm sorry for ignoring you are you fucking Ed?'

'I was high The other night it wasn't what it looked like'

I walked up to her door knocking. I swear I've never been this nervous. Well that's a lie Alexis is the only person that can make me nervous and she's brought that part out of me quite a few times.

She opened it we just starred at each other. right when I was about to speak. I looked over her shoulder and saw Ed.

I felt a wave of emotions hit me. I felt my hand reach into my waistband.

"Harry?"

I looked back at Alexis then turned around and walked off I heard the door slam.

Alexis pov

It was mid afternoon.

My phone dinged my heart stopped as it always does when I get a text. I grab my phone checking to see if it's from Harry.

Nope. But it was from Sarah. We've been texting back and forth.
'Hey are you busy do you want to get lunch?'

'Yeah definitely!'

'Cool meet me downtown!'

We grabbed food and walked to a grassy area and sat down to eat.

She said "so tell me about you."

"Um i uh ..I don't know.. I'm not that interesting."

"I beg to differ you seem very interesting. What do you do for fun."

"I like to draw and paint."

She gasped "no way I love painting! Ive currently have been making pottery and painting those."

"I would love to try pottery do you have one of those spinning things?"

"A potter wheel. yes! It's not the best but it gets the job done. You should come over sometime."

"You would need to show me how to use it."

"Absolutely! So what about your love life?"

"Har.. oh uh um I stuttered I don't have one" I laughed

"Hmm sounds like you were going to say someone who's the lucky person?"

"It's nobody it's not what I thought."

"Come on spill!"

I sighed

"Well I was talking to someone named Harry"

She gasped "not Harry styles right?"

I covered my face

"Lexy! He's like the biggest man whore in town! Plus he's like the leader of dire!"

I sighed "when we were doing what ever we were doing apparently he wasn't with anyone else."

"I wonder if we are talking about the same Harry..but Ok so what happened?"

I didn't want to bring up how I got here or any of that. So i just left that part out.

"When I first got here and we got to know each other we clicked we spent everyday together..then I left and came back he told me he loved me but then said he wanted space. But even with "space" we still were around each other a lot. I mentioned to him I didn't want to just 'hook up' and if that was the case we should just be friends."

She nodded "so are you guys friends now..?"

"No he stopped talking to me."

"Fucking prick! You deserve better."

"I just feel used now. Like was everything he made me feel was a lie."

She pouted her lip "I'm sorry you didn't deserve that. If I ever see him I'll break his nose."

I sighed. "Sorry for ranting."

"Don't apologize it's healthy to vent."

I smiled "so tell me about your love life."

She laughed "Well I'm currently taking a break."

"Why is that?"

"I was in a relationship for a year but apparently she thought it would be ok to sleep with other people."

I gasped "no!"

"Yep. So now I'm just on a path of self discovery or whatever those self help books call it."

I laughed.

We finished up.

I started walking back home when I heard ed behind me telling me to wait up.

He caught up. "So what have you been up to?" He nudged me

"Got lunch with my new friend Sarah. what about you?"

"Nothing much." he shrugged

"So top secret dire stuff?" I laughed

"Pretty much." He nodded

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

898K 18.6K 71
Hired Gun /ˈhʌɪə ɡʌn/ noun NORTH AMERICAN (informal) a hired bodyguard, mercenary, or assassin.
1.1M 49.2K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
636K 39K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
767K 17.1K 68
[Completed] [MATURE CONTENT / 18+] Red Herring (noun): a clue or piece of information which is or is intended to be misleading or distracting. "She's...