Dire

By niallsthumb

Dire (of a situation or event) extremely serious or urgent. "dire consequences" Similar: terrible, dreadful... More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106

55

67 1 1
By niallsthumb

Harry's alarm went off.

'Fuck' he groaned turning it off and laying back down.

"Don't you have to go to work?"

"I'm to hung over. I'll go later." He's sleepy voice cracked

"Aren't you going to get in trouble?"

"By who? I'm the damn boss" he laughed "now shh I'm trying to sleep."

He pulled me closer so I curled up into him Drifting back asleep.

I woke up about an hour later Harry was still passed out. I went into the kitchen and started making breakfast.

It wasn't long before Harry appeared in the door way .

I looked over at him he stood their shirtless rubbing his eyes.

I could feel my face turning red. I swear no matter how many times I've seen him with such little clothes I will always be speechless.

"You left. what happened to the rule of not leaving when the other is sleeping?" Harry's sleepy voice spoke

"I wanted to make you breakfast."

"Well I guess that's okay then." looking over my shoulder at what I'm cooking. "I've missed your cooking." Kissing my cheek

"You're welcome eat with me anytime."

He smiled leaning against the counter next to the stove "that still goes against the whole space thing no?"

I rolled my eyes.

This whole space thing is driving me crazy. I just want things to be 'normal' I really enjoy spending time with Harry but he keep putting space between us.

I placed a plate of pancakes, hash browns and toast down on the table.

He started eating. "So I was thinking I can take you over to the children center today if you like?"

"I would like that." I smiled

"Make sure to leave all your pocket knifes at home we don't need another incident"

"I still don't know how you did that." Shaking my head

He wiggled his fingers "magic fingers" with a huge grin.

Making me laugh

"These fingers do a lot more then getting you off."

"Hmm like what?"

"Before I moved on to bigger and better things I would pit pocket."

"Harry." I shake my head

"What I needed to eat."

"Wait what's the bigger and better things?"

He gestured all around. "The gang, the town. I've come a long way."

I smiled shaking my head.

We got in the car and headed to the children's center.

"do you guys have like busses here?" Knowing I've never seen a bus

He laughed "no but I can drive you I don't mind it's on the way to my office."

I nodded "I've never been to your office is it like an actual office building?"

"yeah it's pretty boring. But maybe I can show you after."

"Yeah!"

We got to he children's center stepping out of the car we started walking towards the building

Harry turned to me "you for sure don't have anything on you this time right?" with a smirk

I patted my pockets Making sure I didn't. "All clear."

We went through the doors and metal detector. Nothing went off thank god.

An older woman was sat at the desk she looked up Harry she smiled getting up and hugging him.

"Ruth always good to see ya" hugging her back.

She turned to me "who this?" With a smile

"This is...Alexis." Harry spoke

Ouch I know we aren't technically dating so I guess there would be no reason to introduce me otherwise.

"Hi" I smiled

She leaned in and gave me a soft hug.

Harry spoke "I brought her here to see about helping out in the kitchen."

"That's wonderful go ahead to the kitchen I won't keep ya any longer."

We walked down the hall into the cafeteria then into the back where the kitchen was

"Marie?" Harry called out

"Right here!" juggling 3 gallons of milk.

Harry reach over and grabbed two of them placing them on the counter.

She looked over to me putting her hand out "Marie" I put my hand out "Alexis" with a smile

Harry said "Alexis wants to know if there's a spot for her here."

She smiled "of course we always need more staff." She looked over to me "do you have any experience in the kitchen.?"

"I cook at lot at home. I'm not a chef or anything  but I really enjoy it"

Harry scoffed "don't let her fool you Marie she's an amazing cook. I nearly gained like 10 pounds from her cooking alone."

Marie laughed  going around to the computer typing "when do you want to start darling?"

"I can start tomorrow"

"Perfect. Come in around 11 I'll make your schedule tonight and give it to you tomorrow."

"Thank you."

We started walking out. When Harry's name was called down the hall we turned around and saw a boy around 14

Harry smiled Tj he gave him a fist bump and they went on talking about football.

It's nice seeing Harry having such good connections with the kids.

We left the building.

Harry pulled me into a side hug saying "you got the job."

I smiled. "I'm so excited"

"So you ready to see my office?"

"Yep."

We drove down the road to another big building it wasn't as big as the children center but it was pretty big.

We got out walking into the building it was  sleek and really nice. We took the elevator up. Stepping out there was a desk. A lady with dark hair stood up. she was really really pretty.

"Good afternoon Mr.Styles"

Harry smiled "good afternoon." Walking me down a hall way. Pointing at two doors one had that had niall horan and the other that had Louis Tomlinson. We walked down the hall "That's zayns and there's Liam's."

We walked towards a door at the end that had Harry styles written on a plaque.

I pointed at it "fancy"

He shook head head with a chuckle. While opening the door. "Obviously this is my office."

The walls were black in the middle sat a wooden desk with shelf's behind there was a couch and two chairs.

"It's nice. Very Harry" I smiled

"You can say it's boring I'm not going to be offended" laughing.

Before I could speak there was a small knock before the door opened it was the lady that was at the front desk. "Mr.Styles would you like me to place an order for your lunch?"

Harry said "no thank you I'm not staying long." She nodded and walked out.

"She's really pretty"

He turned to me and tilted his head. "Alexis are you jealous?"

"No just stating that's she's really pretty."

"Hmm do you think that Ms.Stacy is my office fling or something?"

"Is she? She's really pretty."

He stepped closer "would that make you upset?"

I shrugged.
He gave me a look.

I spoke softly "Kinda.."

"Well I think it would make zayn very upset too."

I looked at him. "What do you mean?"

He smiled and said "that's zayn girlfriend"

"Wait zayn has a girlfriend?"

"Yeah I think they are going on 3 years. so you don't have to worry about Stacy."

"Oh wow how come I've never seen her."

He swallowed "zayn didn't want you guys to be friends with the plan we had."

"Gotcha."

It was silent for a moment.

Harry licked his lips. "Smart man having his girlfriend here maybe you should work here?

"Why?" I laughed

He placed his hand on my hip walking me backwards until my butt bumped into his desk.

"Playing innocent again baby?"

I smiled "don't you think it would be a little distracting?"

He picked me up placing me on his desk. He kissed my jaw kissing down my neck. "I'm a damn good multitasker" placing his hand on my thigh.

The door swung open with a loud voice "styles who can win a fight me or.. " Niall stop looking between Harry and I.

Louis stood behind niall "Are we interrupting?"

Harry spoke in an annoyed tone. "Yes actually"

I smacked him getting off his desk "no we were just talking."

Niall laughed "if that's what talking looks like lex come by my office and have a quick conversation with me."

"Niall" harrry snapped

Niall put his hands in the air

Louis smacked Niall in the head "girlfriends are off limits niall."

Niall said "oh shit you guys are official?" looking between us

Harry said "why are you both still here"

They turned and walked out.

Harry looked down at the paper work on his desk before looking up and saying "do you wanna go get lunch or something?"

I said "actually I was thinking i kinda wanna go home."

"Oh ok do you want me to hang out with you?"

"No it's okay space remember?"

Harry paused for a moment before nodding.

We drove to my apartment Harry kept glancing over at me. "You okay?"

"Yeah"

"You're lying"

"Harry I'm fine."

He put the car in park in front of the apartment building.

I went to get out but he grabbed my arm. "You're going to have to tell me at some point so just tell me now"

"Fine Harry what are we?"

"This is about what Louis and Niall said?"

"It's about us."

"Lex"

"Harry I just want to know for instance when we were at the children center you introduced me as Alexis."

"Is that not your name?"

I sighed "you say you want space between us but yet we.."

"Fuck." He said bluntly.

"Yeah."

"Okay what's wrong with that?"

"I don't want to be friends with benefits Harry."

"Lex"

"Maybe we should just be friends."

It was silent.

"Is that what you want?" He asked softly

"Yeah."

"Okay." He spoke quietly.

I got up and got out of the car.

I walked up to my apartment part of me hoped Harry would follow and we could talk this out but he didn't.

Which I should have expected Harry isn't the relationship type of person. Which is probably why he wanted me to move out. 

Before with the plan I wasn't supposed to stick around. But now I'm here. there's no way he would want anything more from me then to just fuck me.

I plopped down on my bed letting out a long grunt of frustration into my pillow.

I laid there on my back looking at the ceiling as my thoughts consumed me.

Is Harry just sticking around because he feels bad. Does he only spend time with me so he can sleep with me? He hasn't told me he loves me in a while maybe he just doesn't anymore. maybe he never actually did he was just saying what he thought was right.

Maybe I should stop reaching out give him space like he wanted. If he cares or loves me like he said he does then he will come around right he will make an effort right.?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

615K 37.4K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
145K 3.3K 94
"She was an angel craving chaos. He was a demon seeking peace." -Helen - Their love wasn't supposed to happen. It was a mistake from the beginning...
154K 3.5K 80
Alison Evans is thrilled to start her job as a journalist in the heart of Philadelphia. Her spirit of inquiry leads her to places she's been told not...
6.9K 155 83
His hands are soft and his nails are coloured black. His cross tattoo shines in the light and his hairs are standing. I look down at his anchor tatto...