Making Memories Together - An...

נכתב על ידי Dj_Daniel15

As the Kalos gang continue to travel around the region, one little change of mind would trigger several emoti... עוד

Chapter 1: An unforgettable memory
Chapter 2: Another way of training
Chapter 3: Race for the title!
Chapter 4: May I have this dance?
Chapter 5: Questioning Ourselves
Chapter 6: A disappointing result
Chapter 7: Small "talk"
Chapter 8: The rematch
Chapter 9: The start of the rest of our lives!
Chapter 10: Revelations
Chapter 11: Start of the league!
Chapter 13: The ultimate rivalry
Chapter 14: Romantic getaway
Chapter 15: The final battle!
Chapter 16: Never giving up till it's over!
Chapter 17: I... did it?
Chapter 18: Back to her hometown
Chapter 19: Home, sweet Kanto home
Chapter 20: The next chapter of our lives!
Chapter 21: Our biggest milestone
~Epilogue~
Thank you all so much!

Chapter 12: Getting harder

893 24 4
נכתב על ידי Dj_Daniel15

*sigh* I'm surprised I managed to do this. This will be my first attempt at writing at full battle scene, so I hope you guys enjoy this chapter more than I had writing this. So without further ado, here is the 2nd part of the Kalos League! Enjoy!

"Well, this is going to be fun."

Ash stared at the screen for his next matchup, a smirk slowly forming on his face. The others noticed this, and turned their heads to see who Ash was going up against. Once Serena looked at the screen, she went wide-eyed, shocked at the revelation.

"Ash, is that... who I think it is?" Serena asked.

Ash only nodded in reply. His opponent was none other than the guy he and Serena battled against in the Master Showcase. Clemont and Bonnie finally came to the realisation, and were surprised by the sheer coincidence of Ash's opponent.

"He will surely want revenge now, won't he?" Ash asked, turning his head towards Serena.

Serena looked back at him, and said with a confident smile, "Yeah, he definitely will. But you will still beat him, no matter what happens."

Not far from the group, the guy, now known as Ryan, stood against a pillar, glaring at Ash. He then walked away, making no noise. In his head, it was clear he wanted revenge against him, and he would do whatever it takes to achieve that.

~~~~~

Ash and Ryan's battle was about to begin, and both trainers stepped onto their respective platforms. Once everything was prepared, a grassy terrain battlefield appeared from below. The referee then announced, "Trainers, bring out your pokemon!"

Ash chuckled. "Noivern, I choose you!" Noivern appeared from its pokeball, and took an attacking stance in front of Ash.

Ryan, on the other hand, didn't say anything. He grunted as he threw his pokeball. A Glaceon appeared, and started growling at Noivern. A frown was still plastered on Ryan's face, but Ash was unfazed.

"Battle begin!"

Ash decided to make the opening move. "Noivern, use Boomburst!"

Noivern flew up, and created a supersonic ring that travelled towards Glaceon at high speeds. However, all it took was for Glaceon to jump aside and dodge it easily. Ryan then made his counter attack.

"Glaceon, Ice Beam!"

Glaceon fired a ray of ice that Noivern was unable to dodge. Part of his wing froze, and sent Noivern flying down to the ground. Ash gritted his teeth, knowing his options were limited now. Ash had to use effective moves against Glaceon if he wanted a chance to win, and he knew what move to use.

"Noivern, Acrobatics!"

Noivern charged towards Glaceon, and slashed at Glaceon's body. Quite a bit of damage was dealt to Glaceon, but Ryan still smirked. Ash was confused at first, but soon realised the situation he was in. Noivern was still regaining his footing, when Glaceon was charging up its attack.

"Glaceon, Ice Shard!"

Glaceon fired a sharp block of ice at Noivern, and sent him flying back towards Ash. It laid motionless on the ground, with swirls in its eyes.

The referee acknowledged it, and announced, "Noivern is unable to battle, Glaceon is the winner!"

Ash returned Noivern to its pokeball, and whispered, "Great job out there Noivern, you did way more than you think you did. Take a good rest."

Ryan shouted to Ash, "Really man, is that all you got? You can't beat me on your own. You need your little girlfriend to help you beat me, but she's not here, isn't she?" Ryan put a sarcastic emphasis on the word "girlfriend", which ticked Ash off a bit. But he seemed unfazed, and let out his next pokemon.

"You haven't seen anything yet. Talonflame, let's go!"

"Use Flame Charge!"

Talonflame appeared from its pokeball, and its body was immediately engulfed in flames. He sped up towards Glaceon, eventually slamming against Glaceon's body, and dealing a lot of damage to it. "Yeah, that's how it's done! Keep it up Talonflame!"

Ryan grunted, and countered, "Glaceon, Avalanche!"

Glaceon released numerous snow pieces onto Talonflame. Talonflame tried its best to manoeuvre past everything, but was knocked by one of the falling lumps, and he fell to the floor. However, it didn't seem like an effective attack, and Talonflame easily flew back up.

"Now, use Icy Wind!"

"Talonflame, Steel Wing!"

Glaceon shouted, and released a hurricane-like ice storm that was moving towards Talonflame. Talonflame, however, flew right past the attack and slashed his wing against Glaceon's body. A large explosion could be seen, and Glaceon was sent back, shouting in pain, eventually landing on the ground with a thud. Talonflame flew back in front of Ash, panting heavily.

Once the smoke cleared, Glaceon could be seen motionless, with swirls in his eyes. Ryan sighed, as he awaited the words that followed.

"Glaceon is unable to battle, Talonflame is the winner!"

Ash gave a confident smile and a thumbs up to Talonflame, who responded by smiling back.

Ryan returned his pokemon to its pokeball, and let out his second pokemon, which was Pinsir.

~~

On the stands, Clemont's face turned to one of confusion, which both Serena and Bonnie noticed.

"What's wrong Clemont?" Serena asked.

"It's a bit weird seeing Ryan pick a pokemon with a major type disadvantage, especially someone like Pinsir. But there is probably a very simple reason for it, like to tire out Talonflame a bit more. I don't know."

Serena turned back towards the battle, "Be careful out there Ash."

~~

"All right Talonflame, use Flame Charge!"

"Pinsir, dodge and use X-Scissor!"

Talonflame charged towards Pinsir using its flaming body, but Pinsir was able to narrowly step aside and dodge the attack. As Talonflame was still recovering, Pinsir ran towards Talonflame with its hands crossed over his chest. However, Talonflame couldn't react in time. In one swift move, Pinsir sliced against Talonflame's body, sending Talonflame flying back and landing on the ground with a thud. Ash became very worried.

"Talonflame! Are you okay?"

Talonflame slowly flew back up, and cried out its name. It was evident Talonflame was almost drained, but he could still go on a bit more.

"All right then, use Flame Charge again!"

Ryan knew this could end Pinsir, and panicked. He ended up commanding Pinsir, "Pinsir, Bug Bite!"

Bug Bite proved to be of no use, as Talonflame's flaming body charged at Pinsir once again before Pinsir could even use his attack. Talonflame slashed against Pinsir's body all the way through, before landing confidently in front of Ash with a smirk. Pinsir tried its utmost best to stand and go on, but its strength was drained. He closed his eyes, and fell to the floor with a thud. The referee acknowledged this and announced.

"Pinsir is unable to battle! Talonflame is the winner!"

Ryan gritted his teeth. He knew he was down to his last pokemon, and he knew he had to go all out if he wanted to take revenge on Ash. He held the pokeball in his hands, and whispered, "Don't fail me now."

"Gyarados, let's go!"

Ash smiled at the sight of Ryan's last pokemon. "So Gyarados is finally out. Talonflame, can you still go on?" He shouted. Talonflame gave a determined cry and focused itself on the battle.

"All right then! Talonflame, Brave Bird!"

What basically is acrobatics in the air, Talonflame slowly inflicted more and more damage to Gyarados as he slammed against Gyarados' body continuously. Gyarados started grunting in pain, and Ryan knew he had to launch a counter attack soon.

"Gyarados, Aqua Tail! Time your attack!"

Gyarados, trying to fight the increasing pain, eyed Talonflame and his movements. Luckily for him, with his tail surrounded by water, he swung his tail at just the right time. Talonflame's Brave Bird attack stopped, as he was dealt massive damage from the Aqua Tail attack. Talonflame landed on the floor with a thud, and the recoil from the Brave Bird attack dealt even more damage to him.

"Talonflame, are you okay?!"

Talonflame took his time, shakily trying to stand up. Once he did, Ash heaved a sigh of relief.

"Let's go! Talonflame, use Steel Wing!"

"Gyarados, Aqua Tail once more!"

Both pokemon charged at each other, preparing their respective attacks. Once they collided, another explosion occurred, and the audience could only guess what was happening.

The smoke eventually cleared, and Gyarados could still be seen standing tall and proud, and seemed like he never took any damage. However, Talonflame laid on the floor with swirls in his eyes. Ash looked on, a bit disappointed in himself.

"Talonflame is unable to battle, Gyarados is the winner!"

Ash gave a sad smile as he returned Talonflame to its pokeball. He muttered, "Thank you so much Talonflame. You were such a big help out there. Take a nice long rest."

Ash took a deep breath and sighed again. He looked down at Pikachu, and asked, "You ready to win this buddy?" Pikachu responded confidently with a "Pika!", and he ran out onto the battlefield.

~~

In the midst of the audience, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie were becoming a bit more nervous than usual.

"Well, it's a one vs one now. I really want to see how this battle ends." Clemont said, a hint of worry in his voice.

"And it seems like this is a rematch of the last time. Good luck Ash." Serena added on.

Near the exit of the stadium, Sawyer stood with his arms crossed. "Come on Ash, you can do it. Remember your promise about our rematch."

~~

"Let's go Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!"

Pikachu fired his Thunderbolt in Gyarados' direction, who could not dodge in time. He screamed in pain, but evidently could still go on.

"Gyarados, use Hydro Pump!"

"Pikachu, dodge using Quick Attack!"

Gyarados fired a strong blast of water towards Pikachu. But, Pikachu easily ran past the attack and headed straight for Gyarados.

"Now, Iron Tail!"

"Aqua Tail!"

Both pokemon swung their tails at each other, fighting with all their might. The clash ended in a stalemate, and both pokemon returned to their respective trainers, panting heavily. Ash was quick to continue.

"Pikachu, Electro Ball!"

Pikachu formed a ball of electricity and launched it at Gyarados. Neither Ryan nor Gyarados couldn't react in time, and the attack hit Gyarados dead on. Gyarados staggered back, but soon refocused back on the battle.

For the first time since the start of the battle, Ryan smiled. He looked over at Ash, and shouted, "Hey, I underestimated you, Ash. This has been a really fun battle. I'm glad about that."

Ash smiled back at him, and replied, "It really has, hasn't it?"

Ryan then smirked, "Let's make this even more interesting, shall we?" He said as he took out a keystone. "Respond to my heart, keystone. Mega Evolve!" A Mega stone appeared in front of Gyarados, and Gyarados became bigger and fiercer than ever. Ash was unfazed, though. In fact, he anticipated the result of the match even more.

"Now this is what I call fun. Pikachu, Thunderbolt!"

"Let's do this Gyarados, use Dragon Pulse!"

Both attacks collided, neither one overpowering the other. It resulted in a large explosion, and both trainers were contemplating their next moves. Everyone was obviously having the time of their lives battling against each other, and no one wanted it to end.

"Gyarados, use Hydro Pump!"

"Pikachu, use Electroweb!"

Gyarados fired a powerful water blast at Pikachu, which was neutralised yet again by Pikachu's Electroweb.

Ryan shouted amidst the attacks, "Hey Ash, I would love for this battle to go on even further! But let's end it off with a bang, shall we?" Ash, from the other end, shouted back, "I'm with you! No holding back!" And then, simultaneously, they shouted.

"Pikachu, let's do this! Thunderbolt, full power!" "Gyarados, the strongest Hydro Pump you have ever done!"

Both attacks were fired, but this time they didn't collide. The respective attacks hit both pokemon, and another explosion occurred. Suspense could be felt throughout the whole stadium, as they awaited the eventual outcome of this battle. Serena, Clemont, Bonnie and Sawyer all prayed for Ash's win.

The smoke cleared, and miraculously, both pokemon were still standing. They were trying their best to stay up, but soon enough Gyarados could not take it anymore. He fell to the ground, and swirls formed in his eyes. Ryan sighed. He knew that his time in the Kalos League had come to an end.

"Gyarados is unable to battle, PIkachu is the winner! Which means the victory goes to Ash Ketchum!"

The entire stadium burst into loud applause and cheering, stunned by the spectacular display of strength from both trainers. Pikachu slumped to the ground, exhausted by the previous events. Ash walked up to him and picked up, and smiled at him, saying, "You did great Pikachu. Thanks buddy."

Ryan returned Gyarados to his pokeball, and walked up to Ash. He held out his hand, and said, "Well Ash, that was a great battle, and I look forward to more. Now go on and win this league, I know you can do it!" Ash then shook Ryan's hand, and replied, "You bet I will." He gave his signature toothy grin, and both trainers shared a laugh.

In the audience, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie sighed in relief. Serena held onto the ribbon on her chest, and thought, "Three down, two more to go. I believe you can do it, Ash." Sawyer, who had watched the whole battle with a smile, walked out of the battle arena.

~~~~~

The group met near the stadium entrance, where Ash was met with numerous praises by Clemont and Bonnie. Then somehow, they managed to get into another fight. Ash and Serena chuckled awkwardly, and left them to settle their own things out.

"That was a great battle, Ash! You were impressive as always." Serena said, and she gave Ash a light kiss on the cheek. Ash scratched his head, and replied, "Well, he was a bit harder to beat than I thought. But, I know this sounds a bit cheesy, luckily you were there. You always give me motivation during my battles, so thank you." Serena smiled. Both of them then leaned closer, and engaged in a passionate kiss. They would've stayed in this position for longer, but Bonnie's squealing cut them off.

"So cute!" Bonnie screamed. Ash and Serena separated from the kiss, blushing in pure embarrassment. Clemont was about to scold her, when another voice could be heard in the distance.

"Ash, hi!"

Everyone turned around to see Sawyer running towards them, holding his notebook in his hands. "That was a really good battle, Ash. Now I just have to win my battle."

"Yup, and I'm counting on you to do so." Ash said. Sawyer then left to prepare for his battle.

~~~~~

Sure enough, Sawyer won his battle against Tierno, managing to break Tierno's rhythm strategy. The whole time, Ash had been on the stands, cheering loudly for Sawyer. There was no doubt Ash wanted another rematch against Sawyer, and what better way to do it than the Kalos League semifinals.

Outside the battle arena, the Kalos gang plus Sawyer stood in front of the large TV screen, awaiting the matchups for the semifinals. After a little while of waiting, the announcement came up.

"Congrats on the challengers on reaching the semifinals. Now, here are the new matchups for the next round! Good luck!"

The first matchup that came up was Alain vs Remo, and immediately both Ash and Sawyer knew. Once the next matchup was shown, both trainers smirked. They faced each other with confident smiles.

"Well, here we go then."

"Yeah, this will be a fun battle."

Well, I'm glad that's over. I think the actual battle itself was decently written, but I really just wanted to get it over with. This will be the first and last time I make my own battle (aside from the Kalos League final battle, but that's more of a collab). The next one will be Ash vs Sawyer's battle, so stay tuned for that!

Until then, see you in the next chapter! Peace ✌️ 

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

89.4K 1.2K 21
After losing to Alain at the Kalos League, Ash went back to Kanto only to get betrayed by his so-called friends, including Serena. Believing they wer...
59.2K 1K 28
1: Bonds of Amour The Kalos Region, also known as The Region of Love. One day, Ash was finishing his adventure through Unova, and the next, he finds...
190K 3.7K 90
After winning the Kalos League and keeping their promise, Ash and Serena continue their journey together. From new regions, to new Pokemon, to new ba...
105K 2.4K 106
It's been 6 months since Ash has lost the Kalos League and he still feels like something is missing or someone. After a talk with an old Friend he fi...