A Dance With Hades

By PaulleyD

Complete | A Dance With Hades _____________________________________________ His lips whisper along the back... More

A Dance With Hades
Chapter 1 | Alleyway
Chapter 2 | Home At Last
Chapter 3 | Million Dollar Smile
Chapter 4 | Lunch Date
Chapter 5 | Precious Gem
Chapter 6 | An Object
Chapter 7 | A Killer
Chapter 8 | Playing With Fire
Chapter 9 | One Chance
Chapter 10 | Lamborghini Truck
Chapter 11 | Miss Manson
Chapter 12 | Don't Leave
Chapter 13 | Blueberry Pancakes
Chapter 14 | First
Chapter 16 | A Few More Minutes
Chapter 17 | Witchcraft Hour
Chapter 18 | Effortlessly Elegant
Chapter 19 | You Is A Lie
Chapter 20 | Fake Hazel
Chapter 21 | Big, Bad Mafia Leader
Chapter 22 | Let's Steal Him
Chapter 23 | Treating You Well
Chapter 24 | Knuckle Deep
Chapter 25 | Zia
Chapter 26 | Familgia Dinner
Chapter 27 | For Me
Chapter 28 | In Love
Chapter 29 | Silly Guys
Chapter 30 | Looking For Trouble
Chapter 31 | Burn It To Ashes
Chapter 32 | Something From A Fairytale
Chapter 33 | Have You Back
Chapter 34 | Put 'Em Up
Chapter 35 | Denying Food
Chapter 36 | Make Me Feel Good
Chapter 37 | Plan B
Chapter 38 | A Breakdown
Chapter 39 | Bleeding Palm
Chapter 40 | Smeared Blood Stains
Chapter 41 | A Mouthful
Chapter 42 | Controversially Maroon
Chapter 43 | Hardly Have Words
Chapter 44 | A Dance With Hades
Chapter 45 | Best Friend
Chapter 46 | Per Favore
Chapter 47 | Look Alive
Chapter 48 | The Cake Is Fine
Epilogue
NEW STORY ALERT!

Chapter 15 | Sprinkled In Blood

24K 907 114
By PaulleyD

NYX MANSON

I WALK OUT out of my bedroom, staring down at the screen of my phone as I hope to receive a message from him. I've been hoping for this for the past week.

According to Nicola and Angelo, Vincenzo has left on a business trip. They only told me this two days ago, so I was losing my mind for five days. A simple text from him would soothe my worries right about now.

I'm already worried about this man, and I've only been his woman for a week – a week where he hasn't been present in any form.

I probably sound clingy.

It would’ve been wonderful if he informed me that he’s going off the grid for a while, but I guess he has good reasons for it. I hope he does or we are going to have a problem.

In layman’s terms, I miss the man. I have to admit that he is more gentle than I thought he would be. The way his arms curled around my body as he held me on my damn kitchen counter was comforthing. I had my head on his chest as he softly stroked my skin while I listened to the soft thumping of his heart.

In contrast, the heated we shared mere moments before that had me craving much more. I regretted my words after we shared that kiss, but I respected and admired him for respecting my rules. Though it may be short-lived

I walk to my kitchen and grab a green apple and red apple from the refrigerator. I shut the door and head on over to the front door. My refrigerator is full to brim with food, my cupboards too, all thanks to the work of Angelo and Nicola.

It's truly a nice gesture, which I'm grateful for, but I honestly don't know if I'm even going to eat most of the food before it goes bad.

It’s just so much.

I open the door and step out, beaming at my two friends who quietly stand their posts outside my apartment. I find it unnecessary for them to stay out here for long periods of time, but it's what Vincenzo assigned them to do, and they definitely don't want to go against the word of the Don.

If I were to get hurt in any manner, it would be their heads in the guillotine. “Morning,” I chirp while handing the apples to them. The tall men smile down at me as they take large bites out of the fruit.

We've been getting much closer. I love the feeling of having friends – amazing friends no less.

They've told me about their lives before they joined the Mafia, and now, as they are two of Vincenzo's best Made Men.

They started training for the organisation at the age of fifteen – a time where I was a child worried about my grades. The things they went through to get where they are now sound gruelling. I don't understand how Vincenzo's men pass such tests as if their lives aren't always at risk.

In turn, I told them about my life, too, revealing a few things that hurt me in the past. They comforted me, and such a bond is something I've never truly had.

“Are you going out today?” Angelo asks while chewing the bits of his green apple.

“I don't think so. I already went to see my father, so there's nothing else for me to go do,” I say with a shrug.

My father has never looked so disappointed in me. When I told him I'm in a relationship with Vincenzo, he couldn't even look me in the eye. He didn't want to hear my reasoning at all. He just kept scolding and lecturing me on what a stupid mistake I was making.

· · · · ·

I've been waiting around for hours in hopes of Vincenzo knocking on my door, but it's getting quite late, so I doubt he'll come by tonight or even be back in the city.

I didn't go back outside to talk to Angelo and Nicola after giving them their apples because my peppy mood is slowly dying out. They can come into the apartment at whatever time they want, but I think they sensed my down mood and picked to let me be alone for a while.

In someone's eyes, I'm probably acting like a needy middle school girlfriend, but I just want to talk to Vincenzo.

We didn't have much time together after the whole kiss thing. He's quite serious about his work, and I understand that he is a Don after all, and the position requires his full attention, but can some of that attention not be directed my way sometimes?

He told me he would come see me soon before he left, and I assumed soon was around two days, but two days turned to seven.

Someone knocks on my flat door, and I shout for whoever it is to come in instead of getting up to open the door. Angelo and Nicola won't let anyone who isn't supposed to be here into my flat, so I know it's safe.

The door slowly opens, and my heart stops beating as I await to see my guest. I sigh when I see Riccardo and Lorenzo walk in without Vincenzo.

Sorellina, it's been a while,” Lorenzo huffs as he steps closer to the couch I'm currently sulking on. “Come on, get up and give your cognato a hug.”

I playfully roll my eyes as I force myself off the couch. He wraps his arms around my upper body as I throw mine around his neck. “What's wrong?” He softly asks while pulling away from the short hug.

“It's probably Vincenzo.” Riccardo shrugs, and I nod. “He hasn't been here in a while. You miss him, right?” I slowly nod, and Lorenzo gently rubs my back.

“I see my brother has neglected to tell you that he left the country for a meeting. He's currently in Japan,” Lorenzo explains shortly.

I tell them they can sit down, and we all get comfortable on the couches. “Do you know when he'll be back?” I ask the pair with an expectant smile.

“Tomorrow,” Riccardo answers with a broad smile.

My smile only widens as I nod at them. I choose to change the topic, I ask, “so... how is it being in a Mafia?”

Lorenzo and Riccardo chuckle at the heavy curiosity in my voice. “It's great until you have people shooting at you from every angle,” Riccardo answers with a shrug of his broad shoulders as if being shot at isn't a big deal.

“And that's the reason why Angelo and Nicola are your security detail. Enemies may want to harm the woman of the Don,” Lorenzo explains.

I purse my lips together as I nod. “Do you have a lot of enemies? Do people backstab you?”

“There is always that one two-faced man, so we do come across traitors once in a while. Well, no traitors in our organisation. They are too scared to cross Vincenzo because he shows no man mercy,” Riccardo chuckles.

Their lives are filled with an abundance of money, drugs, guns, power, and gruesome murder. The life they live intrigues me as much as it scares me. I want to know more, but I fear for what I may find out by doing so.

“We recently had an issue with the Albanian Mafia, but it was quickly resolved. The American Mafia doesn't like us mostly because we operate in their largest territory, it being New York,” Lorenzo laughs with a shrug.

“Yeah, but we run this city better than them, and there is some chatter of them seeking to start a war or flee. Either one sounds fun,” Riccardo muses, the glint in his eyes telling me he loves bloodshed. “We have close ties with the Yakuza, and we used to be on good terms with the Bravta, but we had a falling out about two years ago,he mutters the last bit.

My nose scrunches up in confusion. “Who are they?”

“The Bravta is the Russian Mafia, real nasty, heartless fuckers, and the Yakuza is the Japanese Mafia, quite the tactical unit,” he explains and my lips form a small 'o' shape.

I listen as they explain more of what goes on in their world, so much of it interesting and sprinkled in a bit of blood.

_____________________________________________

she's already getting attached.

· · · · ·

VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW!
XOXO.
_____________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

423K 17.1K 54
"The girl in the painting... Who is she?" ....... He loves art, she is art. He's a mafia Don and she's a multi-talented model. Two souls that stumble...
284K 13.5K 52
Nadia was 18 when she was left to care for her I'll younger after their parents deaths. They've been sustained for the last decade by Nadia's small b...
48K 2.2K 18
Two women. Thirteen nights. One thing in common: Heartbreak. ------------- A (somewhat) short series inspired by Taylor Swift's album, Midnights. "We...
816K 31.2K 47
She valued lives. He took them. She saved him. He wanted her. She was a doctor and he was a mobster.