I Ran Away after I was Forced...

Por Ur_sis_Belle

Du You transmigrated into a novel and finds himself turned into a bossy CEO character. He thought he would be... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 (A & B)
Chapter 62 - (A & B)
Chapter 63 - (A & B)
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66 (A & B)
Chapter 67 (A & B)
Chapter 68 (A & B)
Chapter 69 (A & B)
Chapter 70
Chapter 71 (A & B)
Chapter 72 (A & B)
Chapter 73 (A & B)
Chapter 74 (A & B)
Chapter 75
Chapter 76 (A & B)
Chapter 77 (A & B)
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80

Chapter 15

2.2K 116 9
Por Ur_sis_Belle

Before the other side on the phone answers, the system already yells, [Kidnapping? Host, wake up, you’re not the antagonist!]

[You suggested I lock him up…]

System [That is when you personally go out to snatch Xiao Tiantian up! Speaking of, kidnappings are also illegal!]

[That’s alright.] He replies, [I will let him go after his ticket expires.]

[That’s alright my arse!]

(Uploader: definitely me and my bestie when we argue Abt doing something illegal lol)

The system tries to persuade, [Host, don’t do that. If the Bottom finds out you are the instigator…]

It doesn’t dare continue.

A bossy CEO would only ever personally strip someone of rights and manage to advance their relationship during this forceful action. This kind of ‘abduction’ is allowed.

But if the host asks professionals to kidnap him then it is completely different. Also, if the main system gets word of this, then it will really be headed for the recycle bin.

Though Du You personally wouldn’t be troubled if Xiao Tiantian discovers that he is the culprit behind it.

That is when the phone replies, “certainly. Any requests on when and where?”

Du You stops his little debate with the system, “then…”

[Wait host!] The system hurriedly shouts, [That’s useless. The plot is set. Even if you kidnap and then break all the Bottom’s limbs he will still leave.]

He can leave even when all limbs all crippled?

Du You is shocked [Why; he wants to leave that much?]

[That’s not the issue.] The system is facepalming, [The plot is set, so no matter what, even if he might have only twisted his ankle, then he will still go abroad to have it treated.]

Du You nods in a daze. He seems to have stumbled upon an important revelation.

“Hello?” The contact is waiting for the half-uttered response.

“I will not need it for now,” Du You says, “I will contact you later.”

The system wipes its sweat off having finally stopped its host’s atrocious conspiracy to commit evil and heaves a heavy sigh.

After Du You finishes the call, he calls up assistant Xiao and asks her to buy tickets to Australia.

Since he can’t stop the plot, then he can only work around it.

Assistant Xiao flips open her little notebook hearing the request and pushes her glasses, “Mr. Du. There happens to be a business gathering that day. Will we not be going?”

This is something set a month ago.

The host is the Shen Conglomerate, and it is a regular gathering held every three years for the leaders in the businesses to interact with one another.

Since the Du Conglomerate has already RSVP’d earlier, going back on that now will be seen as rather impolite to the host.

Though that doesn’t matter that much.

As the bossy CEO You, sure he can do whatever he wants.

But still, there didn’t seem to be a need for him to take the exact same flight as Xiao Tiantian on that day.

“Then we will depart the day after.”

“Understood.”

Assistant Xiao excuses herself.

On the day of the gathering, the weather is not great. There’s a continuous and dense drizzle that altogether looks as if an inescapable spider web has been cast over the city.

Du You is dressed formally in suits. As soon as he is out of the car a person comes up to lead him to the hall respectfully.

The floor of the hall is covered by a thick layer of carpeting. A luxurious chandelier hangs from the top. The long tables dressed in white velvet are serving cuisine from different countries.

There is a band playing jazz on stage, filling the expansive venue with a relaxing tone.

Quite a lot of people have arrived already, chatting in small groups. Though Du You himself is quite eye-catching among a bunch of business elites whose bodies leave something to be desired. He has attracted a lot of attention even if he’s just barely walked in.

As he’s already been interviewed in business magazines, there are those that immediately recognise him and decide to introduce themselves to him with drinks in their hands.

When others see that, a crowd forms from all the people approaching. Du You is completely trapped.

He forces himself to lift his gaze from the food on the tables and look at the man in front of him. His words are filtered through his brains unprocessed as he thinks about how shiny the head in front of him is.

Perhaps he waxed it?

(Uploader: WAHAHHAHA this reminds me of that one movie with Melissa McCarthy, where she is an undercover spy and sees a bald guard and then she wipes her hand on his head for good luck lol)

The man in front of him is sweating as he hasn’t heard a single response to his polite small talk.

Of course, he did hear how taciturn the CEO of the Du Conglomerate is, but he didn’t expect him to be this cold. He wanted to use the opportunity of this gathering to expand his connections, but did he accidentally step on a landmine this time?

That is when a smooth, magnetic voice comes from outside the crowd.

“Everyone, let’s not crowd only around Mr. Du. The gathering will not go on forever, and there are many representatives of newly established businesses present, who I believe you should give a chance to as well.”

The people separate for the host of the gathering who is standing just outside the crowd——The CEO of the Shen Conglomerate, Shen Chen.

He is in a black, custom-tailored suit with a silver watch on his left hand. His hair is brushed back meticulously, showing his attractive face with its pronounced facial features.

“Mr. Shen…” Someone immediately tries to butter up to him.

Shen Chen nods politely but distantly to that person to stop whatever he is about to say. Then he looks back at Du You, “Mr. Du, do you have a moment?”

They’re standing several metres apart. One side looks emotionless while the other has a business smile on. When they lock eyes there are almost virtual sparks clashing in between them.

Both sides are young, successful entrepreneurs, though one is the well-established Shen family, the other is the rising star Du family.

The people can sense an oddly tense atmosphere between them. Do these two CEOs have a personal grudge?

It will be a bad time to get involved if that is the case. So even people trying to butter up have decided to retreat for now and they all back off without a word, leaving the space for them.

When they are alone, Shen Chen’s smile is gone, “Mr. Du, alone today?”

“The assistant is parking.”

Normally, it’s assistant Xiao who will deal with those trying to make a connection with him. If she was here, he wouldn’t have had a difficult time even walking.

“I see,” Shen Chen adjusts his wristwatch, “don’t misunderstand. I helped you only so that the good gathering will turn into your solo performance.”

And so Du You realises that the person didn’t seek him out for something else but to help him avoid the people for now.

“Oh, thanks.”

The response sure is cold.

Though Shen Chen has become used to how the guy in front of him talks, “then, I will be catering to other guests. You can take a rest on the side for now. Try not to attract another crowd.”

When he is about to turn around, assistant Xiao is finally here, lightly gasping when she is finally next to Du You, “apologies, Mr. Du. I just received a call from the airline that Australia had a tropical storm and the flight may be cancelled…”

“That’s alright, change it.”

Shen Chen pauses and asks, “you’re going abroad?”

(Uploader: Oh wow since when did you care? (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

boilpoil's notes:

Picturing our super cold and quiet CEO Du sitting quietly like a mascot as his assistant and everyone else do the work for him around him when he is actually just thinking about what lunch to eat today, say, is inexplicably amusing to me, hehe.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

19.1K 326 15
we all know them and love them. chef, an ex sergeant and chris mclean, the criminal (ly hot) host of the world famous show TOTAL DRAMA. well, we know...
1.2M 15.1K 52
NOT EDITED YET Gracie Owen's a headstrong journalist major rooms with her childhood best friend JJ Anderson for junior year, little does she know she...
792K 81.7K 29
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
3.5K 75 15
⚠WARNING⚠: NOT MY STORY Author: Northwood Reborn as a sword, he lived for hundreds of years, and then he occupied the body of a 15-year-old prince.