The Curse of the Osirians

By baeareavibez

What happens when Nina & her sister, Layla arrive at Anubis House? What mysteries will they unlock? Read to f... More

Copyright/CopyWRITE
Character Details
House of Secrets
House of Attitude
House of the Black Bird
House of Dares
House of Locks
House of Keys
House of Discovery
House of Rumors
House of Proof
House of Alarms
House of Passages
House of Kidnap
House of Cameras
House of Scares
House of Emergency
House of Reunion
House of Drama
House of Risk
House of Hazard
House of Rescue
House of Hoax
House of Aliens
House of Masks
House of Yesterday
House of Venom
House of the Stars
House of Allegiance
House of Pests
House of Revelation
House of Spies
House of Forever
House of Hello
House of Spirits
House of Rivals
House of Myths
House of Tunnels
House of Protection
House of Who
House of Chance
House of Vertigo
House of Deja Vu
House of Deceit
House of Sibuna
House of Pendulums
House of Phobias
House of Curfew
House of Webs
House of Keepers
House of Stings
House of Wires
House of Names
House of Genius
House of Accusations
House of Hex
House of Warnings
House of Laments
House of Alibis
House of Oblivion
New Story

House of Combinations

470 13 3
By baeareavibez

Layla's POV

"This map was in a secret drawer under the Dollhouse," Nina said as we filled Fabian in on last night.

"Looks like a sequence of tunnels and look at the Egyptian symbols," I commented.

"That's the jackal mark. The mark of Anubis," Fabian muttered.

"You think that's where the mask is hidden?" Nina asked. "Hey, what's up?" Fabian did seem a bit paler this morning.

"Nina, I dreamt about her last night. The spirit," Fabian said.

"What did she say? Did she touch you? Do you have the mark? This is all my fault!" My sister started panicking. I rubbed circles on her back to try and help her calm down.

"It's not your fault. Look, I probably only dreamt about her because we've talked about her so much," Fabian reassured her.

"So she didn't touch you?" Nina asked.

"No," he said though I had a feeling he was lying. But seeing as I wasn't telling my sister about the whole dying before 18 thing I couldn't really hold it against him.

"Oh, thank goodness. You had me scared there," Nina laughed nervously.

"So because you found the map under the Dollhouse, you think that the," Fabian started to say.

"The mask is hidden under the house? Yeah, I think so," Nina finished his sentence. Seriously those two were always on the same wavelength.

"Then how do we get to it?" Fabian asked.

"Is that what I think it is?" Amber exclaimed as she snatched up the piece of paper.

"Um, a map? Yeah," I told her.

"Yeah, I was gonna say love letter, but a map is okay, I guess," Amber stated. Especially when it's a treasure map. Sibuna!"

"Simple what?" Victor asked as he entered the room.

"sup, boo? I'm teaching them American slang.
It means something along the lines of," Nina rushed to say.

"Uh, I really don't care what it means. Off to school, all of you. It's late!" He ordered.

"Oh, Victor, we're recording narration for the school film, and we think you'd be perfect, I mean what with your commanding voice and encyclopedic knowledge of the school," Fabian said as we stood up and grabbed our bags.

"Hmm, well I do fulfill all those criteria, I suppose. Very well, if you insist," Victor said.

"Great. I'll record you this lunchtime," said Fabian as we headed into the hall listening to Victor clearing his throat as if he was warming up for later. I laughed.

"Way to go, boo," Amber joked.

"Victor doing the voiceover? Nice choice," Nina commented.

"While I'm recording Victor at lunch, you can check out the cellar," Fabian whispered.

"The cellar?" Amber exclaimed.

"Shh," I warned her.

"Are you four still here?" Victor called down and we hurried to leave.

*****

"You and Fabian are coming on a double date. This evening with Alfie and I same for you and Jerome," Amber commented as we headed into the cellar.

"I can't Jerome actually already has plans for us," I told her, grateful it was dark and they couldn't see me blushing.

"This evening?" Nina asked.

"Leave it any longer, and you guys really will be on friends status," Amber pointed out.

"Looks like Victor hasn't given up his old habits," I commented as we looked over at the table full of vials.

"Gross," Amber commented.

"Okay, so if the cellar is here, there should be another room leading off of it. Right around Here," Nina said as she stared at the wall.

"Nina, look, your locket," I hissed as my arm heated out as well.

"It must have something to do with these shelves," she said as we looked it over. "The one with the snakes on it."

"Oh, those are snakes? I thought they were eights," Amber said.

"Amber, you're a genius!" I cheered.

"A genius with perfect hair. Double threat," Amber stated.

"It's some sort of Victorian combination lock.
But what's the code?" I said.

"Mmm, I'm sorry. I must have left my book of secret Victorian codes upstairs," Amber rolled her eyes.

"Okay, so people use codes that are easy to remember, like birthdays or Sarah's birthday. I know when that is. Okay. So it's not Sarah's birthday," Nina frowned.

"Maybe it's Charlotte's?" I suggested as I tried that as well. No luck.

"Okay, I don't mean to rush you two, but we were meant to be at school five minutes ago," Amber warned us.

"We need more numbers. We'll come back later!" Nina exclaimed.

*****

"Aww, you're so sweet Jerome," I commented as he handed me another rose and held the door open for me as we walked into the tea shop in town.

"Am I going to insult you if I admit I prefer apple cider or hot chocolate to tea?" I muttered as a waitress came by and handed us menus.

"Of course not, Princess. I think they have those here as well," Jerome said as he chuckled and reached out to hold my hand across the table.

*****

I got home from my date with Jerome only to find my sister crying in bed. I hugged her tightly as she filled me in on her breakup with Fabian. Honestly it just sounded like they both had talked themselves out of dating but either way she was my big sister and I was going to be there for her.

*****

"Right, everyone, today's the big bid. Fabian, film finished? Mara, speech learned?" Joy called out at breakfast.

"Yeah, yeah," Mara said.

"What? Oh, yeah," Fabian replied.

"Excellent. And we expect everybody to be there. Giving their full support. That means you too, Jerome," Joy added.

"Of course," Jerome said as he held my hand and smiled at me. I grinned back.

"Okay, so on to actual important stuff. Nina, Fabian, we need to reschedule your date," Amber said. We hadn't updated her on the news.

"Um, yeah. About that, Amber, um," Nina muttered.

"We're we're not actually doing dates anymore," Fabian said.

"What? No way. This is all my fault, isn't it? Me and double-date-gate!" Amber exclaimed.

"No, no, no, Amber, it's not you. It's us," Nina rushed to correct her.

"It's all your fault, Alfie!" Amber shouted as she rushed out of the room.

"Wait. Amber, we're still on right?" Alfie called out as he chased after her.

I got up, sending Jerome an apologetic smile as I went to go join my sister as she left the room.

*****

"Are we all ready? Let's hurry along, please.
Mr. Ziestack is already here. Now, is this microphone working?" Victor shouted as all the students gathered in the library.

"Love will overcome!" Alfie suddenly shouted from the second floor dressed up as king Tut.

"Ah! This'll be good!" Patricia chuckled.

"Lewis! Come down from there we're about to start the bid!" Victor called out.

"Not until king Tut gets his Queen! I ticked every box and there's a glittery checklist in her locker which I'm pretty sure is legally binding!"

"He's finally lost it," my sister commented.

"Alfie's making a stand!" He shouted into his megaphone.

"Someone go get Amber quick. And stall Mr.
Sweet!" Joy told Fabian.

"Okay, Alfie, don't be silly. Just come down," Patricia said.

"Not until I - Not until I get what's mine!" Alfie shouted.

"Out of the way, everybody," Victor commanded.

"Hand over the key. Now!" Victor demanded.

"I swallowed it," Alfie smiled.

"What? If we lose this bid, I shall not rest until you are thrown out of this school!" Victor threatened.

"Alfie, what are you wearing?" Amber asked.

"See, you're doing it again. You still think I'm a joke!" Alfie told her.

"No, I don't. I couldn't stand it if you got thrown out of this school," Amber said. Aww.

"So why won't you be my girlfriend?" Alfie asked.

"Okay, I will. Just take that off," Amber finally said.

"No more tests, trial dates or telling me what to wear?" Alfie grinned.

"Mmm, can't promise that one," Amber mumbled.

"Okay, I'm coming down!" Alfie called out.

"Now, think about this, Victor. Sawing Alfie out isn't gonna look good either," Patricia exclaimed as Victor came back with a bag of tools.

"Get out of my way!" He told her.

"Hurry, Amber," Alfie cried.

"Oh!" Amber exclaimed as she accidentally dropped the key and we watched it fall.

"No, no, no, where did it go?" Joy freaked out.

"Um, this way Mr. Ziestack. Um Mr. Ziestack, let me show you to your seat," Fabian muttered as he showed the man in and noticed Alfie still attached to the railing. Amber quickly covered Alfie in a tarp.

"Hello again," Victor greeted.

"Hello," replied Mr. Ziestack.

"Are you quite well?" Victor asked. I'd never seen him act so polite.

"Very well, thank you."

"A warm welcome to Mr. Gustav Ziestack. It's a real privilege," Mr. Sweet send to a round of claps.

"Where's Mara? She's supposed to be doing the opening speech?" I heard Joy hiss at Fabian.

"You'll have to do it," he told her.

"What?" She said clearly freaking out yet again. I rolled my eyes. After having conquered my stage fright last year I figured I'd be fine.

"Oh give it here, I'll do it," I said to Fabian who had a copy of Mara's speech.

"So I am now going to hand over to Ms. Mara Jaffrey, who will give our opening address. Mara," Mr. Sweet said as I rushed over to him. He gave me yet another one of the strange looks he had been sending ever since he got a glimpse of my ring but moved over to let me stand at the microphone.

"Thank you, Mr. Sweet," I started saying. I flipped over the speech to see a wrinkled piece of paper.

The quest was long and difficult.
I sought treasure.
The treasure was you.

It was signed by Fabian. Must have been Gran's mini assignment.

I flipped back to the speech Mara had written and began to speak.

"I would like to start by welcoming Gustav Ziestack -" I read out. I continued reading but it was a very lengthy and wordy speech so I decided to go off script a bit. "Sometimes you have to wait a really long time for good things to come along," said as I glanced from Fabian and my friends and remembered the days when I didn't have anyone but Nina and Gran. "But they're always worth the wait. This library has been closed for ages, waiting for something to give it purpose and meaning," I said. "And that something is the treasures of Egypt exhibition. Welcome to the Frobisher library, Mr. Ziestack."

Suddenly there was a commotion from the second floor as Alfie cried out as he sneezed and bumped his head and the tarp fell down on top of Mr. Sweet causing many in the room to laugh.

"Our school has many links to Egypt's past. And here is king Tutankhamen, chained fast to our library, a symbol of those many links," Patricia quickly said as she stood up.

"Oh, yes. Our links to Egypt's past are very strong, and this is why. Enjoy the film," I said as I stepped back into the crowd. I guess that could have gone worse.

"Hey Fabian, I'm guessing you'd like this back," I told him as I slipped him his poem.

"What where did you, how did you," he stammered as he shoved it in his pocket.

"You should give it to her," I nudged him.

"No way!" He replied.

"Ancient egyptologist Robert Frobisher-Smythe. And so since it's genesis in 1890, this estate has been devoted," Victor was saying on the tv.

"Fabian, Layla, what if "1890" is the combination code?" Nina whispered.

"Do you think it might be?" I whispered as the film ended and we all clapped.

"Thank you for your warm welcome. This is the third and final bid I've seen this week, and it's certainly the most original. And the strongest.

"So do we get the exhibition?" Victor asked.

"Yes. You get the exhibition.

"We did it. Your speech was great Layla!" Fabian said hugging me, though we realized too late that it exposed his mark to Nina.

"You have the mark. Why didn't you tell me?" Nina gasped. We then spotted the spirit lady laughing behind him and it was too much for my sister.

"Who are you? Who are you?" She shouted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.4K 1.3K 49
It's been two years since the defeat of Apep at the House of Horror. Two years since there's been any mystery that called for the Chosen One, Osirion...
44.6K 1.1K 69
Seems like even the old Sibunas have left the building, everything at the Anubis house is getting more intense, but what will the newbies do when the...
59.1K 1.2K 40
Hey guys! Okay so this Is my New series! I have written 2 other books that you all seemed to enjoy called House of anubis: season 3 and 4 my way! I t...
11.1K 517 100
After finding out about her father and the secrets Mara and Jerome had been keeping from her, Poppy calls in reinforcements. Meanwhile the Sibunas ra...