Forgotten to Remember (Atem/Y...

By _Weeb_Writer_

You were a simple reporter for duelists of Heartland City with this constant weird dream throughout all your... More

Chapter 1: Hello, My Lady
Chapter 2: Blending In
Chapter 3: Reunion, Dreams, and Friends
Chapter 4: Going Down Swinging
Chapter 5: We Meet Again
Chapter 6: Stranger Danger!
Chapter 7: All's Well That Ends Well?
Chapter 8: Shoot Your Shot
Chapter 9: Wishful Thinking
Chapter 10: Evil Spirit, Be Gone!
Chapter 11: Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire
Chapter 12: The Lucky
Chapter 13: The Unlucky
Chapter 14: The Aftermath
Chapter 15: Noah's World
Chapter 16: Escape Plan
Chapter 17: Mission Impossible
Chapter 18: The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 19: Risking It All (Pt. 1)
Chapter 20: Risking It All (Pt. 2)
Chapter 21: Risking It All (Pt. 3)
Chapter 22: Without You
Chapter 23: Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream
Chapter 24: Back to the Future
Chapter 25: Normal Lives
Chapter 26: Knights & The Night
Chapter 27: Cinderella & The Beast
Chapter 28: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 1)
Chapter 29: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 2)
Chapter 30: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 3)
Chapter 31: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 4)
Chapter 32: Save Your Tears
Chapter 33: We Need You
Chapter 34: Hope
Chapter 35: Here One Moment, Gone The Next
Chapter 36: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 1)
Chapter 37: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 2)
Chapter 38: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 3)
Chapter 39: Phantom of the Opera
Chapter 40: A Nightmare
Chapter 41: Shatter
Chapter 42: The 4th Legendary Knight - Maiden Jane
Chapter 43: Knight's Unite
Chapter 44: The Staff of Light
Chapter 45: Rise of the Great Leviathan
Chapter 46: Goodbye, My Lady & Pharaoh
Chapter 47: Together
Chapter 48: Roomies
Chapter 49: Girl Talk
Chapter 50: Friends Assemble
Chapter 51: Get Ready
Chapter 52: The Promised Date
Chapter 53: Special Night
Chapter 54: Wonderful Morning
Chapter 55: The Bad Traveler & The Powerful Traveler
Chapter 56: The 2nd & 3rd Traveler
Chapter 57: The 4th Traveler
Chapter 58: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 1)
Chapter 59: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 2)
Chapter 60: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 3)
Chapter 61: Help me, Help You
Chapter 63: Boom! Plan!
Chapter 64: I'm Still Standing
Chapter 65: Eye for an Eye
Chapter 66: Let's Get Down to Business
Chapter 67: My Little Star
Chapter 68: The Sand Woman
Chapter 69: Don't Give Up!!
Chapter 70: To Dream Is To Die
Chapter 71: Timeless
Chapter 72: The Beginning Of The End

Chapter 62: Papa

379 10 0
By _Weeb_Writer_

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Jaden was standing beside Yusei's duel runner with his arms crossed "What do you think the princesses daggers weapon ability looks like? I mean does it have to be a single weapon or could it be a combo weapon! Like a scythe gun or something!" Jaden was rambling to Yusei who was crouched on the ground in front of a motorcycle. A motorcycle that they found in the area that Yusei was trying to hotwire. (A/n: Yes, it was a RWBY reference.). Yusei had a plier in his mouth as he was trying to find the right wires to cut. The pliers were from the small tool box he had in one of his duel runners' small compartments. "I don't think she could do combo weapons." He muffled through the pliers. He took the pliers out of his mouth when he found the right wires to cut. "I think she can only do a weapon at a time. From what I have seen with Lady Selene, I think they have limits. Physical and mental limits. So it's why I think combo weapons may not be a possibility." He found the right two wires and snapped them. "Though, anything is possible. I could be wrong." He shrugs. Yusei removed the rubber around the cord in order to reveal the copper wires inside. Tossing the pliers to Jaden for him to catch. Jaden caught the pliers and put them back in Yusei's compartment of his duel runner. "We have only seen Lady Selene use her shield, I have seen it in a bigger way. Only for a few seconds but either way it showed that she could make the shield big or small. Maybe she can do the same thing with the weapon mechanism of the dagger." Yusei thought out loud while twisting the exposed copper wires together. "How powerful do you think the dagger is? Let alone the millennium puzzle." Jaden looked up at the dark sky with the black snow still coming down. This area wasn't too far but they still needed to be quick about this. The area where Yuma and Selene were at might not stand too long since this time period's world was withering away at an unknown speed. "The millennium puzzle pierces darkness and protects the holder with its pure light. However, I know the millennium dagger's light is stronger. I could even see it from the depths of space when I was on that spaceship Jaden sent me on . . ." Jaden and Yusei turned to Yubel who was in spirit form beside Jaden. Their arms crossed across their chest while their eyes were on the dark sky. Letting out a long exhale. Reminiscing the powerful glow they saw from space. "So bright and warm . . . Almost like the birth of a new star . . ." Yubel closed her eyes then opened them to look at the two boys. "I think that the items will help us greatly. Let us hope though that the items won't be entirely used for this battle against Paradox." Jaden nodded in agreement with Yubel's words. He was hoping for the same thing.

Yusei turned from Yubel and Jaden with the wires in his hands. Staring down at the wires. Jaden noticed Yusei was stopping in the midst of hotwiring. "Something wrong with the wire buddy?" Jaden leaned off the bike, feeling a little concerned for him getting quiet. "No it's just that . . .Yusei turned to Jaden "I don't know if the crimson dragon will take us specifically where we will need to go . . . It's all in hope we will get to where we will need to go . . . I don't know if that will be enough . . ." Yusei softly sighs ". . . I came in too late last time and I don't want to make the same mistake . . ." Yusei felt didn't want to let everyone down again. He had faith in the dragon and followed it blindly. However, for this trip, he was unsure of himself and the dragon. Yusei didn't know if it would work a second time. This entire plan was a crazy risk. Jaden walked over and crouched beside Yusei. Placing a hand on Yusei's shoulder "You may not have come exactly in time for Paradox but you came at the exact time when we needed you." Jaden pointed to Yusei's arm that had his marking of the crimson dragon "I think the Crimson Dragon may have known that you could not defeat it alone. The dragon took you here to meet each other. Knowing you needed help too." Yusei's eyes slowly lit up, taking his words to heart. "Also, hope is something we all need. Along with faith." Jaden patted his shoulder "I mean you had hoped the dragon will lead you to Paradox right? And faith to defeat Paradox too, no?" Jaden stood up with a bright smile on his face "That's all you need then. It's all anyone really needs." Jaden chuckles. Yusei smiled up at Jaden, turning back to the motorcycle. He gently but quickly rubbed the ends of the two wires he needed to spark the bike to life. The engines roared as the lights of the bike lit up. "It's alive!" Jaden laughs in joy for Yusei making the motorcycle work. Yusei stood back up with his hands on his hips "We should be all set." Yusei exhaled in relief. He was glad hotwiring wasn't too hard to do in this time period. It wasn't too complex for him to figure out.

Yusei stepped aside for Jaden to get on the motorcycle. Jaden pouts "Can't I ride your duel runner?" Jaden patted Yusei's bike with a crooked smile. Yusei crossed his arms "For your safety, I suggest sticking with the motorcycle. The duel runner is something beyond any vehicle of your time. I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself before we go on our mission." This was a gentle way of Yusei basically telling Jaden 'No'. Squeezing his way around it instead of him telling him plainly 'No' because he didn't want to be rude. Jaden shrugs "It was worth a shot."Jaden went to the bike while he went on his own. Yubel went away for the time being. "I mean you get to ride the bike once since Yuma and Lady Selene are taking the bike you are on. So that's something close to riding my duel runner." Yusei said when he put on his helmet. Jaden's eyes twinkled with excitement. Knowing he was able to ride it, well, sort of ride it. It was a once in a lifetime thing he was willing to take. "Alright!! Let's get this world saving plan into motion!!" Jaden shouts out in joy as he revved up the motorcycle and rode side by side with Yusei. Heading back to the garden where they knew Yuma and Selene were waiting for them to return.

»»——♡——««

Yuma dug his hands into the pockets of his vest jacket and turned his heel to Selene. "Lady Selene lets g . . ." Yuma drifted from his sentence when Selene went to sit down on the bench. Holding the millennium puzzle in her hands. Her thumbs gently caressing the sides of this upside down pyramid. Yuma stood in front of her with a smile on his face "I want to thank you for coming up with this plan, Lady Selene." Selene drew her attention to Yuma "Why are you thanking me? It was only a plan and I cannot guarantee the outcome of it either. There should be no reason to thank me." Selene was confused for his gratitude when they hadn't even done the plan yet. Normally people would thank after things were set and done but Yuma didn't. Yuma shakes his head with his smile growing even more "Because of this plan I will be able to see your mama one last time and get to meet your awesome papa in the flesh!" Yuma's eyes lit up with stars "He is an idol of mine for being a duelist!" Yuma giggled with a toothy grin. Swaying side to side while talking about the King of Games. He was excited to finally be able to get that autograph of his he has been wanting ever since you traveled back to the past. Heck, he was a bit nervous. Nervous that he might faint in front of the legendary duelist that has inspired many duelists for centuries to come beyond his time. The stars in his eyes went away when he saw how Selene's expression changed when he mentioned the infamous duelist. She looked back down at the millennium item again.

"I think this is what humans call being "Nervous"? Humans usually act this way whenever it comes to things in their lives that are full of pressure. In other cases, they are also nervous whenever it comes to certain people too." Astral spoke out loud of his analysis of what he was noting from Selene's change of expression. He was floating beside Yuma with his thinking position with his hand under his chin and that hand of the arm was supported by his other hand. Yuma side-eyed Astral when his mind finally sparked on something from his analysis. His eyes shifted back upon Selene again "Oh, are you nervous about meeting your mama and papa in this world?" He asked with a hint of hesitation on the question. The reason he was not quite sure about asking this was because he already told her about you so he didn't understand quite fully how Selene would be nervous to meet you. "Are you nervous about meeting your father?" Selene flinched from Astral's question, landed right on the money with that. Yuma hummed in curiosity "Why would you be nervous about meeting your papa? He is the coolest!" Yuma chirped.

His words stung a bit at Selene's little heart "So I have been told time and time again." She set aside the millennium puzzle beside her on the bench. Yuma and Astral turn to one another, both were equally confused. Well, Astral could see a little of where this was going given how he knew some information because of their conversation back at Caswell's house. Yuma was out of the loop here. They both turn back to Selene. "What do you mean?" Yuma finally asked the big question that Selene was hoping to avoid. Selene softly sighs ". . . Papa met a similar fate as he had here . . . However . . . The day of my birth was the day before mama's and papa's coronation . . . The next day . . . As you know . . . An evil came that papa went to fight against by himself . . . Mama couldn't help him in the fight because she was still recovering from birthing me which led to papa fighting without mama and as you know he sealed himself with the evil . . ." Selene glanced over to the millenium puzzle ". . . He was only in my life for a single day . . ." Yuma went over to sit beside Selene on the bench which was the other side that wasn't occupied from the puzzle. Astral floated over the two of them with his legs criss crossed now ". . . Leaving mama and me behind . . ." Selene ripped her eyes away from the millennium puzzle. Staring down at her shoes gifted from Kari. She swung her little dangling legs. "Mama took up the mantle as both pharaoh and queen. Earning her the title of Neo Queen (Y/n). Honoring my papa by holding the millennium puzzle and ruling the kingdom." Selene took the millennium dagger out. Her attention now is on the dagger. "I grew up only hearing stories of him and the only recollection of his face was from a tablet that mama never went with me to see him. Mama only ever went alone because . . . She would always cry whenever she looked at it . . ." She gripped the handle of the dagger "Mama was a good mama though, she would come spend all her time with me even though she was super busy with all the kingdom's affairs because of her duties. She spent all and any free time she had with me." A soft breathless laugh left the princess as she thought back on the memories she had with the other you in her world.

"Your mama didn't teach you how to wield the items or fight did she?" Yuma's question made Astral whip his head to him "What makes you say (Y/n) didn't?" He asked. "Because . . . If I was in (Y/n)'s shoes . . . If I was a parent . . . After what happened to the pharaoh . . . I wouldn't let my child near the items she could use or fight . . . I would be afraid . . . Afraid to lose them too . . ." Yuma looked at Selene. Selene turned to Yuma with a slow nod ". . . In the afterlife realm where we all were reunited was where I first met papa there . . . Though I was older than he last saw me . . . Mama and I died due to another tragedy, a story for another time . . . In this realm it was basically like our lives when we were alive except we were dead and ruled this place still . . . Though . . ." Selene sets aside the dagger beside her. Taking the millennium puzzle in her hands again "I think my papa doesn't like me very much . . ." Selene frowns a little with her head down and her eyes on the puzzle. "HOW?!" Yuma shot up to his feet from being too flabbergasted by the idea of Yami not liking his own daughter. It was ridiculous. "He gives mama her own attention but whenever I ask to play or even try to have one on one time with him, he always brings mama." She pouts "It's always like that! No matter how busy he or mama is! He will make time but always bring mama! Never by himself! He is always nervous to talk to me! Like . . . Like I am some creature! I am his daughter for crying out loud! I want to love him but at this point he is just a stranger!" Selene was starting to tear up "He just brings mama because . . . because he's scared of me . . . Because he cannot stand to be in the same room as me by himself . . ." Selene hung her head low as her tears fell on her lap ". . . I . . . I am afraid that if I tell mama she will get mad at him and I don't want her to be mad at him because she is so happy whenever she is with him . . . And he is happy too . . . A happiness I cannot begin to describe . . ." She set the puzzle down on her lap ". . . I want them to be happy . . . Even if it means I suffer in my own sad torment . . . I separated them in the first place . . . If I wasn't born the day before they would have been happy . . . They could have stopped the evil together . . . Neither of them would have been alone in sorrow . . . In darkness . . ." She forced herself to wipe away her tears that just kept coming down. A pointless effort to stop herself from crying.

"But I am selfish too . . . I want papa to look at me too . . . I want to make him proud . . . I want to have him not be scared of me or hate me either . . . It's the real reason I want to keep going . . . Maybe if I save the world like mama says he does . . . Then he would finally talk to me . . . Ask me himself . . ." Selene hiccups mid way through her saying this. ". . . But I am also afraid of facing him in this world . . . What if he is the same here? What if I mess up again? What if I wasn't good enough? What if I let everyone down again? . . . I want to save everyone yet here I am . . . Foolishly hoping something like this when the world is coming to an end . . . It's so stupid . . ." Her voice broke with this last sentence before she broke down into a full meltdown. Yuma pulled her into a deep embrace. Holding her close. Catching the weeping princess off guard. She didn't know how to react because it was so sudden. "What you want is not stupid and I don't think for a second that your papa hates or dislikes you." Yuma's tone was gentle and spoke softly with a hand on the back of her head. Gently patting her head. Selene shakes her head "You're lying! He does! He always has!" Her small fist hit his chest yet he was not phased at all. Mostly because she wasn't putting much effort into them. They were soft hits. Yuma rested her head against his chest while a warm smile crept up his young face. "Your papa is just afraid, not of you, but of himself." Selene softly gasps and her fists stop hitting him. "You were a mere baby when he last saw you. The next moment he saw you, you grew up so much. I think he was scared of you hating him. Not the other way around. It's why he always brought your mama. He didn't want to mess up or be alone in case he did upset you. Raising you was something new and scary. Even a cool hero and duelist such as him." Yuma pulled Selene away to see her face. She was crying but she was in pure shock from this clicking all in her child brain. "It doesn't matter if you save the world or not, he will love you. He always has loved you. No matter what you decide to do with your life. No matter how many mistakes you make. Whether with your mama's help, on your own, or with his help. He knows you will find a way to make up for them. I mean, no one is perfect. Just like how he isn't with his parenting skills." Yuma kneeled down to grab the millenium puzzle that was on the floor. It fell because he pulled her into that hug earlier. "Your papa loves you. He loves you so much, Lady Selene." Yuma held the millennium puzzle for her to grab from his hands.

Selene reaches for the puzzle but takes her hand back "What if papa doesn't like me in your world? And what if mama doesn't like me here either?" She was having second thoughts about this world's version of her parents. So far from what she has been told, you both were awesome. Like in her world. However, things were still different. Time wise. Yuma chuckles "Oh they are definitely going to be taken by surprise at first but," Yuma took her hand and placed the millennium puzzle in the palm of her small hand "I know they will welcome you with open arms." His eyes sparked with nothing except confidence in both of you. He knew you would accept her as soon as you lay your eyes on her. Plus, he knew you kind of had a knack for kids. Considering how many kid friends you had. He believed in Yami taking Selene's existence with full acceptance. Yuma could feel it in his gut that he would. Selene took the chain of the millennium puzzle and she put on the item necklace with a long exhale through her nose. Astral floated beside Yuma "Maybe you will get to see your father in action." The alien saw how Selene's eyes lit up from the simple mention of being able to see Yami in a duel for, what it seems, the first time.

Yuma pats Selene's head when he stands up "Let's hope it is against me in a fun duel and not against Paradox with our lives at stake." Yuma said to his alien partner. Astral nods "Oh Lady Selene don't forget the dagger." Astral pointed over to your dagger sitting still on the bench. Selene grabbed it quickly from the bench and put it in the back of her dress within the golden ribbon.

»»——♡——««

Yusei rode with Jaden to the garden with Yuma and Selene. They stopped and Yusei waved the two younglings to come over to them. Astral reverted back into the pendent, bidding a farewell to Selene with a wave 'bye' before he went away. Selene jogged over with Yuma to Jaden as he got off the bike. Having a single helmet only. Yusei tossed Yuma his helmet which Yuma almost didn't catch since he wasn't warned or anything to catch it. Yuma held it and he looked over to Yusei "I would rather you wear it." Yusei smiled at him. Yuma tried to hold in his fanboy squeal from holding the helmet of one of the coolest turbo duelists in history. Yuma put on the helmet with a confident smile. "Here you go princess." Jaden put the helmet on Selene's head. "Now you are ready to go." He smiled. Selene takes off Jaden's jacket, giving it back to Jaden. Jaden looked at the jacket then at Selene "You sure you don't want to keep wearing it?" Selene shakes her head "I would rather you wear it. I want you to look cool kicking Paradox's butt." Selene giggled. Hearing her encouraging words made him smile more and he graciously took his jacket back. Slipping it on and popped the collar. "I never thought a princess would call me cool." He chuckles, being flattered. He patted Selene's helmet which made her blush under her helmet. Jaden walked away to head over to Yusei. Getting on the duel runner, being a passenger rather than driver because Yusei was driving.

Yuma turned to Selene and noticed the young girl being flustered. "Oh hell no. Lady Selene, he is waaaay too old for you young lady." Yuma whispered to Selene. Lightly whacking her head. Selene blushed even more though this time it was from embarrassment. Selene punched his arm "A girl can dream!" She huffed in a low tone. Yuma lightly laughed and winced a bit since she didn't hold back from her punch this time. He rubbed his arm before he got on the motorcycle with Selene holding onto him for dear life. Selene didn't trust the speed of this one either considering duel runners were lightning fast but still this was similar to that. Yuma looked over to Yusei "We're ready." He gave him the green light for him to summon the Crimson Dragon.

Jaden took out the piece of paper he wrote on earlier and gave it to Yusei. Yusei opened it to see the time, date, and place where Yugi Muto's and Pegasus's deaths were. "Try having the dragon take us a few minutes earlier before this happens." Jaden patted Yusei's shoulder "You got this man." He encourages. Yusei firmly nodded, taking a deep breath and long exhale. 'Alright, Crimson Dragon, please heed my plea and take us to the right time. A few more minutes for us to plan and save Pegasus and Lady Selene's father. Please . . .' Yusei prayed in his mind for the dragon to listen to his pleading call. The Crimson Dragon arose from the Yusei's duel runner and appeared before them with a raging roar. The dragon went around their bikes that they revved up once it appeared. Telling the dragon without saying a word that they were ready to go. The fiery dragon flew in front of Yusei who led the group out to the streets. Yuma followed close behind. With the streets and buildings slowly starting to collapse in on themselves. "Um, Please beam us up mystical dragon sir or ma'am! We're running out of room here!" Yuma cried out, Selene clung onto Yuma tightly with her heart racing. Seeing the streets behind them edging closer and closer to their motorcycle tires that almost got caught up with them being warped out of Jaden's timeline. Yusei gripped the handles of the duel runner "COME ON!!!!" Yusei yelled out. Wanting to make it on time. Wanting to redeem his earlier mistakes. The dragon glowed a bright red with them inside its mighty body. They were transported through that blinded all of them. Too bright to see where they were heading through.

»»——♡——««

Yugi scooted himself away from the giant blast that the dragons released. That he somehow managed to avoid being obliterated by some miracle. "UGH!!" Yugi looked ahead but only saw a silhouette of a person. Faintly seeing a white duel runner "WHY DO YOU DUELISTS OF LEGENDS ALWAYS KEEP MANAGING TO STAY ALIVE!?! JUST DIE ALREADY!!! STARDUST!! ATTACK THIS FOOL!!!" Yugi didn't need to think too hard on whoever that could have been talking so sinisterly. He knew it was Paradox. Yugi glanced to his left, seeing another blast coming his way. He was trying to skiddale himself away but his bracelet band was caught on some steel rod. Caught in a way where he couldn't find any way to get his band out without tearing it. "Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!" Yugi was muttering under his shaky breath in pure panic. In spite of trying to save the band, he ended up yanking it hard for him to get his hand out safely. It cost him cutting his wrist pretty badly and a long cut down his arm because of how quickly he tugged. He hissed through his teeth, enduring the pain. Yugi stood back up, however, the dragon's breath blast was already gunning towards him. That was until a bright red light from his right caught his attention. "WHAT THE FU —" Yugi was cut off from cursing out because of the flaming dragon's jaws opening wide to swallow the young teenager up and miraculously was taken away from this timeline. "NO!!! NOT AGAIN!!! I WON'T LET YOU STOP ME!!!" Yugi could hear Paradox screaming after him, his yelling voice getting fainter and fainter.

»»——♡——««

Paradox cursed under his breath "Damn that Yusei Fudo! Damn That wretched Yugi Muto!! UGH!!!" Paradox kicked his duel runner. He huffed as he got on his duel runner. Pushing the date, time, and place of this area to go back in time to make sure Yugi and his little friends don't interfere any longer. "Shit. I now gotta do this all over again. I swear to fucking god." Paradox grumbled. Getting real tired of these annoying duelists that keep getting in the way of killing Pegasus. Now he knew Yugi Muto was going to be a part of those duelists.

»»——♡——««

"SON OF A BI - GAH!!!" Yugi was thrown out of the fiery body of the crimson dragon, Spat out to the side on some rooftop. Yugi hit his head on the back of some perch of this rooftop. He groaned in pain while rubbing the back of his head. His ears picked up the sound of some screeching of some tires in the not so far distance. "Yo! You okay Yugi?!" A slightly familiar voice grabbed Yugi's attention. He looked over to see a group of individuals who looked waaaay beyond their times. From here at least. Yugi stood up and saw only one familiar face "You're . . . Yuma right? (Y/n)'s friend from the future aren't you?" Yugi hesitantly said, not entirely sure if he even got his name right. Yuma's eyes lit up and smiled brightly "I can't believe you remembered my name!" He had a hand over his heart "I can't believe I am even meeting you in person! Oh this is a dream come true! You have noooooo idea!" Yuma was starting to jump a little out of joy and excitement. Meeting his all time duelist idol. The myth, the legend, The one and only King of Games: Yugi Muto.

Yugi sheepishly laughs a little, turning his attention to the man in the blue jacket and the kuriboh haired teen that wore a red jacket. "Who are these guys with you?" Yugi asked. Jaden had a toothy smile "I am Jaden Yuki. I'm from your timelines future. This is Yusei Fudo, he is from the future future." Jaden nudges his elbow to Yusei in a friendly manner "Yuma here is from the future future future. Phew, that was a lot of "Future's". Heh." Jaden chuckles. Yugi saw something glint behind the 3 boys that stood in front of where the little glint came from. Yami appeared in spirit form beside Yugi. Getting his own good look at the new faces. Jaden looked at Yugi and Yami, finding how similar but also how different they looked so fascinating. 'Wow they really do look alike. No wonder no one noticed their change whenever they switched. Had us all fooled for centuries.' Yusei thought to himself. "So you are Yusei Fudo, owner of Stardust Dragon. A friend of mine named (Y/n) saw your card with this guy named Paradox. I never saw this Paradox duelist myself but I know he is bad news. I have a feeling it is why you are all here." Yugi saw Yusei's eyes spark at the mention of his dragon. His eyes then saddened and a frown formed on his face "I am sorry for my dragon causing you trouble." Yusei noticed Yugi's wound "Jaden here has a med kit, to bandage up that wound of yours." Yusei gestured to Jaden's bag sack and swung to be in front of him. Jaden held the bag with one arm while rummaging through it with his other hand. Giving the med kit to Yusei while he closed the bag up. Yusei handed the kit to Yugi who took it graciously. Opening it up and starting to clean up the wound 'Looks like I gotta replace that band I had to leave behind and my school jacket.' Yugi sadly thought to himself. Knowing he was going to have to go shopping for a brand new set of cool bands. His school jacket was also torn as a result of ripping himself away to save himself.

Yugi rolled up his jacket sleeve. "Well, ow, it isn't my first rodeo. So all is forgiven." Yugi chuckles through the burning pain from the alcohol wipe he used to clean his deep cut. He was kneeling while bandaging himself up. Putting proper medicine on it, putting a large stretch of gauze on his wound, then wrapped most of his arm with the gauze. Yugi knew there was no time for the right treatment he needed so this will do for now. Yugi pulled his slightly torn sleeve down and stood up again. Yugi handed Jaden the med kit back "I am Yugi Muto and from the looks of it. You can also see him, Yami or pharaoh, whichever you prefer, am I right?" Yugi gestured to Yami. Jaden and Yusei nodded, "We have a spiritual connection to duel monsters. I can see duel spirits and Yusei has some complicated connection with dragons of duel monsters." Jaden simply explained. Trying to make it a quick explanation for them to move along from these introductions so they could get to the main reason they are here as well as explain that reason too.

"There is someone else here with the 3 of you. I sense their strong presence." Yami appeared beside Yugi in his spirit form. The 3 boys gulped and they each gave nervous glances at each other. Yuma was about to introduce Selene when he suddenly felt her tugging his jacket. He cleared his throat "Heh, um, give us just oooone second." He spun around quickly with the other 3. Huddled up in a little secret meeting way. Yusei looked at Yuma "Why are we huddling? Is something wrong?" Yusei whispered. Yuma shrugs "Dunno. Lady Selene tugged my jacket and I assumed she had something to say." Yuma replied, in a whisper. Selene held the millennium puzzle in one hand and "I can't feel any power from the puzzle or the dagger. I don't think I can use the dagger or puzzle." Selene had the look of panic on her face. Jaden softly gasps "If the princess cannot use her items then doesn't that mean . . . Her parents can't use their items either because these are 2 of the same items being here at the same time?" Jaden's horrifying realization dawned on all of them. Yusei and Yuma glanced over their shoulders to both Yugi and Yami who were still confused on their faces. They turned back to Selene. "Alright . . . For right now let's break the news of you to him first. Then we can go from there." Yusei placed a hand on Selene's head "Good luck." He smiled a small smile. Selene took a deep breath and nods. She was nervous but she knew she had to get through this one or another. The 3 boys turned back around to face Yugi and Yami.

"Okay there is obviously a lot to explain and I assure you I can explain it . . . Just . . . Promise not to freak out?" Yuma looked at both Yugi and Yami.

"I just was attacked by dragons and I was just eaten by a dragon. Nothing can freak me out." Yugi confidently said.

"Promise, both of you." Yuma used a serious tone.

"We promise." Yugi and Yami both said it at the same time.

Yuma took a deep breath and exhaled after a moment of silence. Yuma clears his throat "Pharaoh and Yugi. I would like you to meet" Yuma and the boys stepped aside "Princess Lady Selene, you parallel worlds daughter." Yuma did a little jazz hands as he gestured to Selene. Selene gently gripped part of her dress. Holding her head up high with her lips pressed together. Trying to appear less nervous than she already was in front of this world's version of her father.

'This child . . . Our Child . . . Is standing right in front of me . . .' Yami was frozen in place, thinking and taking in Selene's presence to its entirety. Taking in the face that resembled yours and the sharp eyes the child clearly got from him. Noting the millennium puzzle she wore. Yami didn't have to see the millennium dagger, he just knew. He just knew she had it with her. 'This child . . . Our child . . . My child . . . I helped create my adorable daughter . . . Oh my beloved . . . I am so in need of your assistance . . .' Yami thought to himself. Yugi blinks "Awe" Yugi smiles sweetly down at Selene "She looks so cute. Right Ph –" He turned to Yami . . . . Only . . . To find Yami had fainted . . . In ghost form . . . Somehow . . . Yugi "OH MY GODS ARE YOU OKAY?! PHARAOH!? YOU CANNOT DIE AGAIN!! IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE FOR A SPIRIT?! YAMI!? TALK TO ME MAN!!!" Yugi was waving his hands around as he was pacing a bit around the fainted spirit. Yuma lightly whacks Jaden's arm "YOU HAVE A CONNECTION WITH DUEL SPIRITS!!! DO SOMETHING!!!" Jaden puts his hands on his hips "I CAN ONLY SPEAK AND SEE SPIRITS!! DO I LOOK LIKE A DANG SHAMAN OR A EXORCIST TO YOU?!" Jaden exclaimed as he hit Yuma's arm back. Yusei face palmed with a long, heavy sigh. Selene walked over to Yugi right when Yami was starting to wake up. Yugi sighs in relief seeing Yami waking up. Yami immediately got up to crouch in front of Selene "You have bandages! What happened to you?!" He got up and crouched down when he made it to Selene. "Papa." Selene choked up, her eyes letting out a rainfall of tears. Being overwhelmed but also happy that Yami was looking at her, talking to her, accepting her without any doubts, and asking her about her himself. It made her emotional. Meanwhile, Yami on the other hand held his heart on his chest "Cuteness overload." Yami winced to himself, he found Selene crying quite adorable. Yami went to touch her cheek but his hand went through her. "Oh, hold on. Let's switch." Yugi placed a hand over his millennium puzzle. Ready to switch with Yami.

Only, nothing happened.

Yami and Yugi look at each other then at the group "We can't switch." Yami stood up, now with concern. Yusei came from the balcony of the rooftop and headed back to them. "The crimson dragon took us back 30 minutes before those dragons attacked. We have enough time to explain, figure out a plan for Paradox, and get these people to safety." Yusei stood on one side of Yuma while Yuma was in between Yusei and Jaden. Yugi walked away from them to head to the balcony himself. He saw the clock in the courtyard. The clock was turned back 30 minutes. 30 minutes before all the dragons wreaked havoc over these innocent civilians. His eyes lingered over the view of his grandpa down by the food stand but the poor old man was looking around. Looking for his dear grandson. 'Grandpa . . . I hope you made it out okay last time . . . I am going to make sure that you get out safely this time too.' Yugi turned back around to the group. "I don't know why the crimson dragon didn't grab (Y/n) but we need to find her. Do you know where she might be? Yugi? Ya - Pharaoh?" Yusei asked both of them. Yugi shakes his head "I don't . . . In fact I don't sense her in this world either . . . Even though we went back in time before the dragons came . . . It's weird . . ." Yugi held the chain of the puzzle in a tight grip. Worried for your safety in all of this. Not feeling you here was scary. A feeling of emptiness resided in his chest. Something similar to how you vanished during the Battle City Tournament. Unlike right now, you were taken back to the future . . . Only this time . . . Yuma was here. You weren't with him. Yuma hasn't said anything at all about you if you were with him, which is clearly obvious that you weren't in the future future future either.

Where the fuck were you?

No one in this group seemed to know themselves.

"Knowing (Y/n), she might be pursuing Paradox. It's the only logical reason why neither Lady Selene and I cannot sense her. Most likely, they are coming back here. Since he saw me get swooped away in Yusei's dragon. Probably is aware that we will stop what he did to make sure that it doesn't happen." Yugi walked up to Selene with Yami right beside him "I know everything is crazy right now but are you on board helping us save the world and timeline?" Selene asked them both. Yami smiled warmly "Of course." Yami simply answered. Yugi ruffled Selene's hair "Just explain to us the heck is going on first." Yugi chuckled. He sat himself down on the roof. He was all ears for the crazy explanation he was going to receive from all of these time travelers.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

I do not know how to hot wire! Please do not try to hotwire to steal cars or any vehicle! I only know hot wiring based on how Eddie Munson (Spoiler: RIP best boi) did it from Stranger Things. In other words, only from tv 😅. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

795 18 15
When Amanda does something that catches the eyes of someone that swears that she met once, and only once, she tries to find a way to use her magic to...
19.8K 472 17
*All images are paid commissions created by the artist Less_End. Please do not copy or use in your own work* Atem shares the craziest wish with Mana...
1.8K 24 8
Just a bunch of Yu-gi-oh! Oneshots! If want more info select the first chapter and read away. This book is for Duel Monsters only. Requests are clos...
32 0 15
You know how they say that a mirror is like looking at another dimension or another plane that's parallel to ours? Well...what if you could actually...