Forgotten to Remember (Atem/Y...

By _Weeb_Writer_

You were a simple reporter for duelists of Heartland City with this constant weird dream throughout all your... More

Chapter 1: Hello, My Lady
Chapter 2: Blending In
Chapter 3: Reunion, Dreams, and Friends
Chapter 4: Going Down Swinging
Chapter 5: We Meet Again
Chapter 6: Stranger Danger!
Chapter 7: All's Well That Ends Well?
Chapter 8: Shoot Your Shot
Chapter 9: Wishful Thinking
Chapter 10: Evil Spirit, Be Gone!
Chapter 11: Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire
Chapter 12: The Lucky
Chapter 13: The Unlucky
Chapter 14: The Aftermath
Chapter 15: Noah's World
Chapter 16: Escape Plan
Chapter 17: Mission Impossible
Chapter 18: The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 19: Risking It All (Pt. 1)
Chapter 20: Risking It All (Pt. 2)
Chapter 21: Risking It All (Pt. 3)
Chapter 22: Without You
Chapter 23: Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream
Chapter 24: Back to the Future
Chapter 25: Normal Lives
Chapter 26: Knights & The Night
Chapter 27: Cinderella & The Beast
Chapter 28: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 1)
Chapter 29: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 2)
Chapter 30: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 3)
Chapter 31: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 4)
Chapter 32: Save Your Tears
Chapter 33: We Need You
Chapter 34: Hope
Chapter 35: Here One Moment, Gone The Next
Chapter 36: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 1)
Chapter 37: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 2)
Chapter 38: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 3)
Chapter 39: Phantom of the Opera
Chapter 40: A Nightmare
Chapter 41: Shatter
Chapter 42: The 4th Legendary Knight - Maiden Jane
Chapter 43: Knight's Unite
Chapter 44: The Staff of Light
Chapter 45: Rise of the Great Leviathan
Chapter 46: Goodbye, My Lady & Pharaoh
Chapter 47: Together
Chapter 48: Roomies
Chapter 49: Girl Talk
Chapter 50: Friends Assemble
Chapter 51: Get Ready
Chapter 52: The Promised Date
Chapter 53: Special Night
Chapter 54: Wonderful Morning
Chapter 55: The Bad Traveler & The Powerful Traveler
Chapter 56: The 2nd & 3rd Traveler
Chapter 57: The 4th Traveler
Chapter 58: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 1)
Chapter 59: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 2)
Chapter 60: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 3)
Chapter 62: Papa
Chapter 63: Boom! Plan!
Chapter 64: I'm Still Standing
Chapter 65: Eye for an Eye
Chapter 66: Let's Get Down to Business
Chapter 67: My Little Star
Chapter 68: The Sand Woman
Chapter 69: Don't Give Up!!
Chapter 70: To Dream Is To Die
Chapter 71: Timeless
Chapter 72: The Beginning Of The End

Chapter 61: Help me, Help You

193 6 0
By _Weeb_Writer_

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Jaden stood beside Yusei with his eyes laid on the two youngsters weeping from this unfathomable defeat. 'I told those two to stay put and they went anyway . . . However . . .' Yusei's left gloved hand balled into a fist ' . . . My arrival was going to be the same whether I let them go or not . . . I was too late . . . Too stop Paradox . . .' Yusei was frustrated from not getting there to help them. Selene's cries of anguish made him feel even worse knowing that he failed not only her but everyone else. Selene held the bloody dagger in one hand and took off the millennium puzzle ". . . Mama . . . Papa . . ." She had both items held in front of her 'It's happening again . . . Just like . . .' Selene held her items close to her chest. Her tears kept coming down her face. Dripping down her chin to the floor. Selene shakes her head 'No. This is even worse.' Selene continued to weep over their loss. Her heart ached. Her entire body trembled from holding in her frustration and fear she didn't want to admit. Yuma wanted to walk over to comfort her but for some reason he couldn't move. His body was frozen in place with his tears trickling down his face. Yuma was still trying to process how their timelines and world were going to collapse. So much he was taking in from all things yet to come. No matter how much he wanted to move, he just couldn't. It was all starting to get to him. Yuma saw a blue glow fly past him that he couldn't even make his eyes look over towards. That was how stuck he was.

"Lady Selene," Selene didn't lift her head up for Astral. Yuma did though, well, his attention was now on Astral. Taking his mind away from sinking further on this horrible and horrific reality. Astral was floating in front of her with a sympathetic look on his face that was usually expressionless. "You were hurt . . . Let us take care of your wounds." Astral spoke softly down to her. Selene only nodded in response. Not uttering a single word. Until she felt something wrap around her that made her lift her head up once again. Seeing a halfhearted smiling Jaden down on one knee in front of her with his hands tidying up his Slifer red jacket around the princess. "The alien is right." He took his hands back to sling a black sack bag on one of his shoulders that he held with one hand while his other hand was held out towards her "I'm Jaden, Jaden Yuki by the way. What's your name?" Selene wipes her eyes with the back of her right hand as she takes his other hand with her right hand ". . . I am Princess Lady Selene . . ." She introduced herself in a low tone. Not really up for conversation at the moment. "You know I used to be a prince in a past life. It's cool to be meeting another fellow royal." Jaden half-joked with Selene on that. He held her hand while guiding her out of this slightly in flames courtyard to a much safer place.

Yuma watched the two walk a little ahead of him and Yusei, he stayed behind to watch them. Yuma was now curious on what the heck Selene was going on about. Why she had gotten so emotional from. Something more than just from Paradox getting away. Astral came into his view, floating in front of him. Astral stared at Yuma which made Yuma feel nervous for some reason. "Uh, Astral?" Yuma raised a brow and waved his hand in Astral's face that did not flinch or react. Yuma pouted and kept waving his hands in Astral's unphased face. 'Should I tell Yuma about what Lady Selene told me at Caswell's house? About the complicated relationship she has with her father, her father whose spirit resides in the puzzle?' The blue alien thought hard about telling his friend about it. Trying to contradict if Lady Selene would get angry if he had. 'No, I shouldn't. Even if I did tell him, I wouldn't know how to answer why their relationship is complicated in the first place. Lady Selene refused to give me an answer so there would be no point of me telling Yuma when I don't know it all myself. It would make Yuma ask Lady Selene who is already upset as she is. I should still keep it to myself for now.' Astral finally came to a conclusion of his thoughts. He finally blinked out of his daze trance he was in for a while there. Finally noticing Yuma calling out to him as well as waving and jumping. Trying to bring this alien's head out of the stars and back down to earth. "Geez! Don't go spacing out on me now Astral!" Yuma huffed with his hands on his hips. "Sorry, I was just thinking." Astral apologized which made Yuma raise a brow "What got you spacing out anyways?" He asked his alien glow stick friend. Astral was quick to shake his head to his question. "I was thinking about where we will go from here. That's all." He didn't technically lie since he was wondering that too.

Given Paradox escaped from their clutches again, it was a thought they all needed to consider. "Good question Astral . . ." Yuma looked away from Astral to Selene. He didn't know where they would be going from here. Their mission failed and this was their last shot to make things right. Now the world is going to end due to their world's timeline being corrupted because of a crazy mad man. 'All of this must be getting to Lady Selene too . . . No one should be carrying this entire heavy burden themselves . . . Especially an 8 year old kid . . .' He thought to himself because even though Selene was a princess she was also still a child. A child whose innocence Yuma still wants Selene to have. Seeing her breakdown reminded him of you. Of how you looked when you yourself broke down after Mai's soul was taken from the Yami Marik dude with weird supernatural powers that he got from another millennium item. He can still recall how lifeless you looked when he reunited with you in your soul room, at the time it was Jane's and your soul room due to soul bind. Yuma never wanted to see that on Selene or have her go through something similar or even be broken down to that god awful point. He was willing to do anything to prevent that from happening. Yuma felt a big hand on his small shoulder. He didn't even have to look to see who it was, he knew it was Yusei. "Come on Yuma, let's not fall behind." Yusei took his hand off Yuma's shoulder to wheel his duel runner towards where Jaden was guiding them all out of this destroyed courtyard.

»»——♡——««

Yusei had his duel runner parked beside the fountain Selene was sitting on the edge of. Her knees close to her chest and rested her cheek against her knees. Letting her hand gently Her hand gently caressing the top of the water. Dancing her hand around in it while she was in a daze. Making sure to not let Jaden's slifer jacket, that she was now wearing, cuffs didn't get wet. Her mind was elsewhere and she was silent. She was bandaged up with bandaids that were duel monster themed. On her left knee had Dark Magician and her right knee had Dark Magician Girl. Her cheek had Winged-Kuriboh that covered up the long deep cut Paradox left there from her own millennium dagger. Her dagger in the back of her dress with the golden ribbon around her waist again. The millennium puzzle was laid out behind her, her back turned to the puzzle. Her attention on the fountain.

Meanwhile, the boys were sitting a little further away. Yuma was on the bench with Yusei while Jaden was sitting with his legs stretched out in front of him. His hands were on the grass to support him. "Should we comfort the princess?" Jaden asked the boys, gazing over at Selene. He glanced back at the two for their opinion. Yuma opened his mouth then closed it. The young duelist was thinking over his question more. Thinking over Selene's own feelings about answering the question itself and if she was even willing to in the first place. Yusei shakes his head "No." Yusei looks over to Selene. His eyes soften with sadness mixed with concern for the little girl "Giving her space is the best choice for now." Yusei added. Bringing his attention back to Jaden. Jaden glanced again at Selene then back at Yusei once again ". . . Alright . . ." Jaden said with a nod. Letting out a long sigh before getting serious again "Tell me about this Paradox guy. What does he want? What's his deal? And How are you all involved with weirdo anyway?" Jaden asked away his questions which both of them had the answers for. This was going to be a long explanation that they were hoping Jaden would be able to wrap his head around it all.

»»——♡——««

"This Paradox guy is really bad news" Jaden exhales from taking all of this information that Yuma and Yusei told him about Paradox. Along with the mission Yumand Selene were on because of him. Astral was sitting crisscrossed in the air above and by Yuma "How did you end up clashing with Paradox?" Astral asked the question that has been on Yuma's mind ever since their fight. Jaden blew a raspberry (or bronx cheer) when he laid himself back on the grass. Looking up at the grey sky. "Well some classmates of mine kept reporting their duel monster cards were getting snatched. I came here to find the thief and, well, I think you can guess the rest." Jaden knew he didn't have to explain further than that with him. Yuma looked at his time watch that had 1 bar left. His mind echoed the heeding words of Noah's. Warning him to only use this last bar to get back home. "You only have 1 bar left." Yusei stated the obvious while looking down at Yuma's time watch with him. "It's the one I have to use to get home . . . I made a promise to my older sister to come back and I need to save this last bar in order to keep that promise . . ." Yuma's balled up fist was shaking ". . . No matter how much I want to go after Paradox . . ." Yuma wanted to complete this mission so badly but he also didn't want Kari waiting for him either. He couldn't bear the thought of his older sister crying again. Even though Kari won't ever admit it, he could hear her sometimes weeping in her room late at night sometimes. Wishing you were there with her. "Can't the princess just do the transfer thingy again?" Jaden asked as he sat up once again. A dragon-like bodied demonic being with grey hair appeared next to Astral "Yuma mentioned before that Lady Selene's power for time has its effects on her. It will be too risky to try again, let alone have the tools to do it either." This demonic entity explained to Jaden. Astral turned to them "Uh who are you?" Yuma gulps with the slight feeling of fear from how intimidating they were. With the way they stood and with their piercing intense gaze down at them just added onto that.

(A/N: I will be using they/them pronouns with Yubel. Please let me know if I slip up in my writing with Yubel if I write their wrong pronouns! Because I know my dumbass self will make mistakes! Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk. Now back to the story!)

They glanced at Yuma "I am Yubel, I am similar to Astral for how he is with you." Yubel introduced themselves and Astral starred in curiosity. Finding their form interesting since it is not everyday you get to meet someone with a cool form. Yuma hits Astral although his hand went right through the alien, he did it anyway. He didn't want Astral to stare at them. It was rude to stare and he didn't want Astral to make them uncomfortable. Astral picked up on what Yuma was trying to tell him and he stopped staring. "Well, it is nice to meet you, Yubel." Yusei waved at them, Yubel crossed their arms "I see you also have a gift that connects you to the world of Duel Monsters. Allowing you to see Astral and I." Yubel's heterochromatic eyes stare at Yusei's right arm. Yusei casually took off his glove and rolled back his jacket sleeve. Revealing his signer mark that made Yuma and Yusei look in awe of the tattoo-like burn mark of a tail of what appears to be of a dragon permanently engraved in his right forearm's skin. "I guess you mean this signer's mark. I would explain but it is quite complicated. Something I think we all can fairly say if we tried to explain Yubel and Astral." Yusei rolled his sleeve down and started to pull his glove over his right hand. Yuma and Jaden nod in agreement, they both knew trying to explain their spirits would be an even longer explanation than this time and parallel world crap.

There was silence amongst the boys with long sighs of coming to terms with their world sort of coming to an end.

Jaden took out his duel monster card with Neos and he gasps seeing Neos disappear from his card "My Elemental Hero Neos is gone!" He exclaims. A light tickle on his nose from something similar and soft as snow except it was a plague-like black snowy substance instead. Making him and everyone else look up to see everything around them from buildings to streets started to erode away. Only a little faster than how it was in New Domino City. The gang shot up to their feet immediately after witnessing this. "No way, Paradox has already hit another place?!" Jaden went to the bench to open up his bag sack to grab his laptop he had in there. Setting it on the bench and he opened it up. Logging himself in to quickly open a browser to search up any major events that possibly could have been changed. "Oh no . . ." Jaden softly mutters, horrified by the article he pulled up. Yusei and Yuma both crowded over to see it for themselves. Jaden stepped back for them to see. He felt he bumped into something. Making him turn halfway around to see Selene.

Selene walked past him to see the article that stated Maximillion Pegasus died from a collapsing building due to random dragon attacks that just appeared and disappeared soon after. Pegasus wasn't the only one who died that awful day . . . Yugi Muto also died . . . The holder of the millenium puzzle . . . Meaning . . . Her father, Yami, was also lost . . . Paradox had done his mission . . . Paradox won . . .

"Is there a way to see more of the article?" Jaden nodded to her question. Selene stepped aside, letting Jaden walk up to his laptop. He simply taps the down arrow key to show more of the article of this fateful day. The boys gasps, "It's glitching!" Yuma exclaimed. "What does this mean?" Yusei turned to Selene. Selene stepped forward to the laptop "It means Paradox hasn't won." Selene narrows her eyes at the article "Mama is fighting him." Selene could sense that you were. Even without the millennium dagger in her hand, she knew. She knew you wouldn't let something like this happen without a fight. Selene turned around to face the boys. "I don't want to end this fight here. I want to keep fighting." Selene had the chain of the millennium puzzle wrapped around her hand, she wasn't wearing it but held it within her grasp. "Even if I am scared. I cannot let being scared prevent me from helping mama and saving papa." Selene gripped the chain in her hand.

Yubel flew behind the bench where the laptop was sitting in order for them to face all of them "But neither you or Yuma can make it another journey through time. Both of your time watches have 1 bar. Yuma told us earlier that it is the only bar for him to use to be able to return to his time. You also cannot use your time manipulation carelessly." Yubel said this only because they were the things holding them back from continuing their fight against Paradox. They had full faith in them winning this seemingly endless battle with this crazy duelist. But with these obstacles, they needed to work their way around it. In order to figure out how they were going to win. Let alone catch up with Paradox. "I am not planning to use that." Selene glanced at Yuma with a small smile "I am doing things with what I got." Yuma saw the look of this fiery ambition in her eyes. Something that sparked with a plan. Selene turned her attention over to Yusei "From what I heard, your Crimson Dragon was able to take you here into this time period correct?" Yusei nodded in response to the princess's question. Selene walked away from the boys to head over to Yusei's duel runner "The plan I have in mind is to travel with Yusei within the Crimson Dragon like he had in order to come here. That way we won't be risking the last bar for Yuma and we all could go there." She gestured to the duel runner "Since we cannot all fit on Yusei's duel runner, we will have to improvise. Finding another vehicle of this caliber will be difficult but something close will do." Selene expressed her crazy idea to them on being able to possibly go after Paradox once again. "I know this idea sounds far-fetched and may be risky but we all have been trying to go against Paradox single handedly. Which, let's be honest, it got us nowhere. But," Selene smiled brightly "If we go after and fight him together then we may stand a chance." Selene placed a hand over her heart with her entire faith being placed on this. She truly believed that together they could win.

"I know I am asking a lot from you, Yusei and Jaden, but are you willing to fight against Paradox with me?" She looked over at Yuma "And are you, Yuma, willing to fight with me against Paradox one last time? To finish him once and for all?" Selene knew this journey was a risk. Heck this whole plan was on a whim of an idea she just came up with. Selene was willing to give one last shot on this hectic journey to end Paradox. She didn't want to force any of them to take part of this quest if they do not want to endanger themselves any further than they already have. Especially Yuma who has been facing this journey longer with Selene than either Yusei or Jaden have.

Yuma stepped forward to Selene and patted her head "Of course I am willing to go another round against Paradox. Plus, in order for me to keep my promise to Kari then there has to be a time period for me to go back in order to fulfill my promise." In other words, Yuma was on board. He stood by Selene's side to look at the other two older duelists that were pondering their decision in this.

Yusei places a hand over his heart "It will be an honor to follow you on the rest of this journey dear princess." Yusei smiled softly which made Selene's own smile grow hearing Yusei is willing to tag along one last time against Paradox.

All their eyes were on Jaden.

The last of the boys that Selene seeked the approval of for his part on this quest.

To take part or take his leave.

That was up to him and him alone.

Jaden turned around to rummage through his bag to tear out a piece of paper and a pen. Scribbling something down before shoving the laptop and the pen in his bag sack. He turned around with a big grin on his face "How can I say no to saving the world again?" He snickers. Agreeing to help save the world with Selene and the others. "I know where we can find some motorcycles here that can keep up with Yusei's runner. At least I hope it will." Jaden muttered the last part. Yuma and Selene glanced at each other from that last part. Shrugging it off and dismissing it. Jaden held a finger up "Juuuust 1 question. Does anyone here have any experience with hotwiring?" Jaden looked at the three of them; Yuma shook his head 'no' while Selene blinked twice before tilting her head to the side "What's hotwiring?" She bluntly asked. Jaden stared at her for a moment, cleared his throat "Well that's a clear no." Selene frowned a bit when he said that in her face instead of his head. Jaden patted her head as a silent apology. Turning to Yusei soon after, "Do you know?" Jaden said with a hopeful glint in his eyes. Yusei nods which made Jaden clap his hands from joy "Great! You're with me!" He shouted in glee that someone actually knew how. This allowed them to at least have some start with their plans. Jaden yanked Yusei by his arm to pull him to his side. Yusei and Jaden were now standing across from the two youngsters. Yusei looked at Yuma at them "Jaden and I will scour the city to find an abandoned bike for you to use." He turned to Selene with a gentle smile "Lady Selene please stay with Yuma in the meantime. We will try to return as quickly as possible." Yusei ordered, not harshly this time. Not like how he had before in his time. Both the younglings nodded in sync. They watched as both Yusei and Jaden went to Yusei's duel runner and took off within a flash. Leaving Yuma and Selene behind in the garden to await their return. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.9K 2.2K 32
*All images are paid commissions created by the artist Less_End. Please do not copy or use in your own work* A turn here. A turn there. No wait! Don'...
32 0 15
You know how they say that a mirror is like looking at another dimension or another plane that's parallel to ours? Well...what if you could actually...
9.6K 427 18
[BOOK 1] Yugi Mutou is seventeen and in his senior year at Domino High. He's quiet, shy, and sensitive. He wonders if he will always have the linger...
13.7K 347 14
THIS FANFICTION IS COMPLETE! ENJOY!! You are a young person on the run from the people you work for. You worked for a powerful person, but you know n...