Falling Effect

Autorstwa holl1e27

The Falling Effect: When you do something that causes something else to happen (i.e. you fall down, you scrap... Więcej

SYNOPSIS AND AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHARACTER AESTHETICS AND PLAYLIST
Prologue
1. Finding Out
2. Telling the Truth
3. To Forgive or Not To Forgive
5. Whining and Dining
6. Hockey Pucks, You're Fucked
7. Twin Sisters and Little Sisters
8. Nightmares and Comfort
9. Drinks and.. Forks?
10. Rough Night?
11. Future Sister-In-Law
12. Kicking and Screaming
13. All Mine
14. Intimate
15. Date Night
16. She Was Never Yours
17. Beach Boys
18. Mama and Mamacita
19. There Will Be No Cocomelon in This House
20. Daddy Issues
21. Lover Boy
22. Forever and Always
23. I Do
24. Love is More Than A Four Letter Word
25. Bonded For Life
26. Get Pucked
27. Gala Preparations
28. Needy
29. Baby Voice Activated
30. Christmas Eve-Eve
31. Baby's First Christmas
32. Sunday Mornings
33. Mother Pucker
34. (Double) Lunch Date
35. Beach Babies
35. Mornin' Lovin'
36. Powdered Sugar
37. Die-Hard Swifties
38. Cup Finals
39. Fantasy Land
40. Yes, Asher Still Loves Taylor Swift
41. Precious Moments Ruined
42. Lost Your Mind
43. Trial and Error
44. Walking and Talking
45. 365 Days
46. Not Just Another Sweet Romance
47. Sick Days
48. Birthday Boy
Epilogue - Forever My Always
BONUS CHAPTER - 1
BONUS CHAPTER - 2
Most Valuable Parent?
Book Poll - Updated!
Spin-Off: In Dirty Harmony - Release Date Announced!
Book 2: Falling Forward
Book 3: Falling Together

4. Twins are Genetic!

43.6K 984 152
Autorstwa holl1e27

Everything Has Changed - Taylor Swift (feat. Ed Sheeran)

Evelyn: 100 NW 2nd Street, Suite 10. 10:35 am. Thursday, January 4th

I reread the text making sure I had all the information right, as I sat outside the doctors office in my car, waiting for Evelyn to get here.

After another couple of minutes I see her gray Lexus GX pull up beside me, as she gets out. I copy her, closing my truck door and locking it. "Good Morning." I say with a cheeky grin as she gives me a look like she's about to kill me, "What's with that look, sunshine?"

"Don't call me that."

"You didn't answer my question, sunshine." I say grinning even wider, knowing I'm pressing all the right buttons right now.

"Would you like those bruises on your face to get darker?" She asks as I pout.

"Come on sunshine, you wouldn't want to mess up this pretty face more than it already is, now would you?" I say smirking, gaining an eye roll from her.

"I can't believe I'm having a kid with your annoying ass." She says as she walks inside the building.

I find a place to sit down as she checks in at the front desk, before she comes to sit next to me.

"So, what exactly is going to happen during this appointment?" I ask, raising a curious brow, as I wipe the sweat off of my hands.

"Well, it's an ultrasound, but considering the pregnancy is still early, my guess is it'll be a transvaginal ultrasound, we should be getting the baby's due date, and she'll probably answer any questions we have." Evelyn states, as I try to comprehend everything she just said, hell I'm still comprehending the fact that I'm going to be a dad. "Oh, and we should be able to hear a heartbeat." My head snaps up to look at her.

"You can hear a heartbeat this early on?" I ask as she nods her head yes. "Crazy to think you just found out your having a baby and you'll already get to hear a heartbeat."

I chuckle, "Yeah.. crazy".

We make small talk here and there before a nurse comes out and calls Evelyn's name and we head back there. We enter a usual exam room, except there's some type of extra computer thing on the ride side of the wall. There is a hospital gown laying on the exam table, that's in the middle of the room.

"Alright Evelyn, you'll need to put the gown on, feel free to remove your clothes only from the waist down, but if you'd be more comfortable removing all of your clothes, you are more than welcome to do so. I will be back shortly, unfortunately you will have to pee in a cup for us." The nurse says giving us a small smile before walking out, closing the door behind her.

"Do you want me to wait outside?" I ask as we stand there awkwardly.

"You can just turn around, if you want, it's up to you." She says as I turn around and stare at the diagram of a "Fetus in Utero", to be exact. Let's just say by the time I'm done studying that, I have many questions.

"I'm done." Evelyn says I as turn around to see her sitting on the exam table staring at all of the diagrams on the wall.

"I have so many questions right now." I say as I pull a chair up to the table.

"Well, obviously I'm not a doctor, but feel free to ask, because my mom is a Labor & Delivery nurse." She says with an amused look on her face.

"Where do I even begin?" I ask, when we hear a knock on the door, and the nurse comes back in.

"Evelyn if you wouldn't mind coming with me to the bathroom, dad you can stay here."

My head snaps up when she says that. That's the first time anyone has called that that. Shit, this is really happening.

Soon Evelyn comes back and hops back on the exam table. "Are you nervous?" Evelyn asks, looking at me.

"Honestly, I'm scared shitless- wait, I should be asking you that, not the other way around." I say as be both chuckle,

"How are we doing today?" Her doctor asks, putting hand sanitizer on.

"Good."

"That's good, so we think we're pregnant?" She asks pulling out the stool on wheels.

"Unless four false positive tests are a thing, then yes."

Dr. York lightly chuckles, chewing her gum.

"While a false positive is rare, it can happen. Now, four false positives, is impossible." Evelyn laughs.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Doctor York." She says as she shakes my hand, "Greyson." I answer back.

"Now, I don't want to assume anything here, so are we engaged or dating? I know Evelyn isn't married, so that only leaves a couple of options."

"Oh, we're not together." Evelyn and I stutter out at the same time.

"I see." Doctor says, pulling the computer cart thing over and turning it on.

"So, as you may already know, today we will be doing a Transvaginal ultrasound because your baby is still too little to detect on a Obstretric ultrasound." She says, grabbing whatever tools she needs to start the ultrasound.

"Now Evelyn, I'm going to have you go ahead and lay back and place your feet in the stirrups, the more you stay still the more comfortable this is going to be. I will warn you, this is probably going to be more uncomfortable than a pap-smear, although the transducer is a bit smaller than the standard speculum we use for Pap tests, it's going to be in there longer and moved around quite a bit more so we can get better angles to look at your baby, so just try to stay relaxed as much as you can." She says giving Evelyn a small smile while putting on a pair of purple latex gloves, as Evelyn does what she says.

Doctor York puts some kind of gel on the transducer stick thing, before scooting up to the edge of the table. "Alright Evelyn, take a deep breath in for me," she says as Evelyn closes her eyes, "Go ahead and breath out." She says as she inserts the stick in, and Evelyn lightly grabs my bicep. After another couple of minutes she scoots back a little and pulls the screen closer. "Alright mama, looks like you're exactly 7 weeks along. Your baby is still considered an embryo, and won't be a fetus for about another week or two." She turns the screen to us and points at a little dot at the bottom of the screen. "That right there, is your little baby." She says as she clicks something on the keyboard, and that's when I heard it. My baby's heartbeat. "I'll give you guys a minute." Doctor York says as she leaves the room.

I stare at the screen in awe until Evelyn speaks up, "Are you okay?" She says, her hand still on my bicep. I can't find the right words as I just nod my head yes.

It isn't until I feel Evelyn wiping her thumb on my cheek that I realize I'm crying. "Are you sure?"

"W-we made that?" I ask, finally meeting her teary eyes.

"Yeah, we did." She chokes out, as tears continue to roll down her cheek.

Jesus, I'm crying over a tiny dot on a screen.

After another couple of minutes, Doctor York comes back in as I quickly wipe my eyes. I don't judge guys that cry, I just rarely do it, and I don't know how to comfort other people when they cry. So to say this was weird, is an understatement.

She turns the volume on the screen down as she starts to talk, "So it looks like your due date is going to be... August 23rd." She says with a smile, "Do we have any questions? First time parents usually do, which is understandable considering you're having your first baby and you don't know much of what you're doing and you may be confused about some things. So, please don't hesitate to ask, there is no judgement here."

Evelyn slowly sits up a little bit more before speaking up. "I do have a couple actually. I know you're not supposed to eat sushi, but is there any other foods I should avoid?"

"You should avoid sushi, like you said, and really any undercooked seafood. I would also avoid unwashed fruits or vegetables. We'll establish a diet more down the road as your baby grows and you learn what he or she likes. For now I would stick to eating lean meats, whole grain, vegetables and unsaturated fats. Sugar is okay since you don't have a background of diabetes in your family, obviously if Greyson does that is something we can talk about."

"Okay, also is swimming okay?" Evelyn asks as Doctor York chuckles.

"Yes! Swimming is one of the safest forms of exercise, so I highly recommend it. Although I'm sure you know that other water activities such as scuba diving, water skiing, and diving are a no, as they place pregnant women at a very high risk of injury."

"Anything else?" Doctor York asks as Evelyn looks at me. "I don't have any right now, thank you." I say politely as Evelyn gives me a puzzled look.

"That's alright, your first appointment can be scary and/or overwhelming and there is a lot to take in and process. Like I said, never hesitate to ask though."

"Alright, if that's all I'm going to print the pictures of your ultrasound and get this transducer out of you, so you can be comfortable and ready to go home." She says as she types in somethings on the keyboard, before scooting back over too Evelyn. "Alright Evelyn, go ahead and give me another big breath." She says as Evelyn's hand finds its way back to my bicep. "And release it." She says as she pulls it out and quickly pulls the cover on it, off, before throwing it in the trash along with her gloves.

"Is there anything else I can do for you?" She asks as we both shake our head no.

"Alrighty then, you both have a wonderful day, and Nurse James will get you your pictures and schedule your next appointment." She says with a smile as we both thank her, and she walks out.

*

"So, do you have any history of diabetes in your family?" She asks as we walk out to our cars.

"No." I say as I press the unlock button on my key fob.

"Thank God," she says as I let out a small chuckle, "I was about to kill you if you said yes." She says, the corners of her mouth turning up.

"You were going to kill me, for something I can't control." I ask, leaning against the side of my truck.

"I'm a baker, I would die without sugar."

"So you would kill me if I died because of sugar."

"I mean, if all I had to do was give you something with sugar in it, I'd be making you "sugar-free" cupcakes all the time." She says with a cheeky grin.

"That's not very nice."

"You're not very nice." She snaps back.

"Says the one trying to kill me."

"I never said I was going to kill you."

"You very much implied it."

She just shrugs her shoulder as she opens her car door.

"I'll see you tomorrow night, Rhodes."

OMG, Grey seeing his little baby, even if it was just a dot, was seriously the cutest thing ever. I may have shed a tear or two writing the part where he's crying, but who wouldn't.

Also,

SURPRISE!! NO TWINS!!!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

13.7M 503K 67
Book 1 in the "Life in-" series Scarlett Rain Rhodes is just like every other 17 year old high school Junior. She goes to school, makes good grades...
105K 4.9K 52
Book 3 of 3 Highly recommend you read books 1 and 2 first. Mel just moved back to New York City. She left four years ago after the love of her life...
79K 3.9K 33
Well we all remember Houston and Addison. This is all about their best friends Anthony and Brielle, their love story. The ins and outs of modern day...
104K 2.4K 36
When bad things happen there must come a silver lining because, without one, there is no moving forward, however, for Iris, it's not all so easy. On...