silhouette | jhs ✓

By SKULLJIN

방탄소년단 "Let me guess," she hummed pensively. "This is where you kill me, huh?" She laughed. He glanced at her... More

Note
Playlist
Prologue
1. Cold Life
2. Ghost
3. Pluto
4. Whiskey, neat
5. Curiosity
7. Messages
8. The Painting
9. Unexpected
10. The Unwanted Visitor
11. Waiting
12. Swan Lake
13. Inquisitive
14. Sweet Pastries
15. Plans
16. The Music Box
17. Paranoia
18. Comfort
19. encounter
20. The Race
21. Late Invite
22. Sibling Bond
23. Protection
24. The Green Spruce Trees
25. Sealed Kiss
26. First Impression
27. brotherly advice
28. Overdue Conversation
29. Transparent
30. Undying Sultry
31. Decisions
32. Revisits of the Past
33. Hold Me Tight
34. Jack
35. Persuasive
36. Shared Pleasure
37. Aftercare
38. Raincheck
39. The Blinding Hue of Jealousy
40. Confessions
41. The Woeful Farewell
42. Reassurance
43. Lurid Discovery
44. The Gardenia Flower
45. The Dreaded Nightmare
46. Warm Embrace
47. The Cellar
48. The Truth
49. Inexorable
50. Change
51. Pieces to the Missing Puzzle
52. Devoted Friendships
53. His Confession
54. Final Statement
Epilogue
Thank you!
Book 2

6. Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

113 12 0
By SKULLJIN

After Seren had miserably failed to get Hoseok's number, she noticed that he hadn't been around often.

She guessed that she made him uncomfortable, stopping him from going to the lounge.

The next few days that persisted without his company, she would flagellate herself, reminded that it was her own fault he wasn't there.

Seren was never skilled at flirting or hinting her interests, so for her to openly ask for his number made her feel a bit odd. She took it too fast, with a trace of courage left on her tongue that pushed her to ask.

Unfortunately, that backfired, and it enabled her to never put herself in the open again, embarrassed to have the same thing happen with another man.

With another day of a late night shift and no Hoseok in sight, she figured it'd be a long evening.

"Three klouds on tap, please Jin." Seren drummed her fingers against the countertop.

"You got it, miss." He complied, getting to his latest task.

"Jin, I need two eight-oh-fives." Rina appeared through thin air, practically giving Seren a heart attack.

She shut her eyes, gathering her composure. "Jeez, you scared the fuck out of me." Muttered Seren, wavering her head in frustration.

She chuckled, laying her elbows on the bar. "Are you still on edge?"

"No." Seren claimed flatly, finding her friend's tone to be insensitive. "Though, I'm still embarrassed from the other day."

"Ah." Regret burned in Rina's eyes. "Seren, I'm sorry, I feel like that's my fault." She apologized, remorse tainting her pitched voice.

"It's not your fault... I scared him away." Seren advised, sighing in defeat. "I just fuckin' suck at putting myself out there."

She wasn't going to blame anybody else besides herself, Rina was simply trying to motivate her. It was time Seren had stepped out of her comfort zone and tried to date somebody for once.

That one let down depleted Seren of any future relationships, she needed more time to retrieve her misplaced bravery to ever ask a guy for his number, again.

"I don't think you do." Rina opposed, laying her chin in her palm. "You're just shy, and that's okay. Anyway, it's his loss. He was really cute, yes. You win some, you lose some."

"That's true." Seren admitted quietly.

She was still wistful over it.

Rina noticed the rue in her friend's tone, her lips pressed thinly together.

"Maybe he's just busy?" Rina suggested, lifting herself up. "Let's at least be thankful he isn't here every day, and that he has a life somewhere."

"Yeah, I guess it would be weird to see him here every day." She agreed, finally receiving the drinks she had asked for, from Jin.

"There, three Klouds on tap." He placed them on the table.

"Great, thanks Jin!" She began to gather the glasses onto the tray.

"And I got your two eight-oh-fives." Jin pointed at Rina — who was just about to voice her prolonged wait.

Rina gave him a thumbs-up, content to hear that he remembered.

"Why don't you try getting the guys number over there?" Rina asked Seren before she could leave.

"What guy?" Seren's eyes narrowed, muddled. "You mean the guy I'm serving?"

"Yeah, he's cute, right?" She turned, seeing him gathered near two other men.

"Ehh, I don't know about that." Seren wavered, doubtful. "Not that he isn't cute, he is. But, I don't wanna force myself to find a boyfriend."

"If it happens, it happens, if not, then it's cool." She said with confidence, not wanting to get another discomfiting result if she was rejected.

"Alright, that's fine." One edge of her lip pulled upwards, shrugging.

Seren excused herself, heading to the table with the man they were just talking about, putting on a simple smile.

"Here are the three Klouds." She stated, placing the drinks above their table.

"Oh, thanks so much, Seren." The man expressed his gratitude, his voice low and mollifying.

"Here you go, babe." He said to the man next to him with a grin, handing him the drink.

Seren almost stuttered, realizing that the man was gay.

She was never going to ask for any of his information anyway. Still, she was almost relieved she discovered that.

What if she suddenly had the opportunity to ask him?

That would have been more awkward than the time she tripped with all those drinks on her tray.

"Enjoy the drinks." She said one last time, parting from their table to reach the bar.

Although there were many busy nights, Seren always found time to fit in small conversations with Rina and Jin, wanting small breaks between serving before she had to get back to work.

It was all while Miyong was occupied in his office, they'd scatter as if they'd been busy if he ever did his periodic patrols to make sure his employees were busy.

Not many people needed assistance when it came to drinks. There were the customers who ordered frequently, and those were the ones who kept her busy, albeit, for the most part, she had a few minutes to sit and pretend to be busy at the bar.

"Rina." Seren griped through grit teeth, shaking her head.

"What's up?" She turned, gathering more drinks.

"Dude, good thing I didn't ask for that guys number." She sighed, her bottom hitting the stool. "Because I'm pretty sure he's gay."

Her eyes went wide, sucking her lips in. "Really?" Clearly, holding back a few chuckles.

"Yeah, I think so." She looked away, not wanting to laugh along. "Not that I wasn't going to ask, but imagine I did? God, I'd feel so bad, asking right in front of his boyfriend like some dumbass."

She cackled solely thinking about it. "Stop overreacting, it's a mistake that happens often, I'm sure."

"That's still embarrassing." Seren muttered in retort, dropping her forehead in her hand.

"What's embarrassing?" Jin appeared, curious as always. "Did I miss Seren falling again?" He teased, his lips arched impishly.

Seren raised her head, brows knitted. "Is that all you think I do or something?"

"Yes, you have two left feet." Jin confirmed, not at all hesitant to hurt her feelings.

She turned to Rina for another opinion.

Rina bit her lower lip, demurred. "I'll just stay quiet."

"Some friends I have." Seren reproached, glaring at the two.

Jin and Rina laughed at her response.

"Chill, Seren. We're just fucking around." Rina comforted her after laughing at Jin's vitriol comments.

"No, seriously." Jin cleared his throat. "What's embarrassing?"

"Rina suggested I try talking to the guy over there." Seren continued, over their jokes. "But, I think he might be gay."

Jin glanced over the table Seren was referring to, the corner of his eyes rumpled as he strained to get a good look.

He clicked his tongue, quickly looking away. "Oh, yeah. They just kissed, so I think it's safe to say they're in a relationship."

He then laughed, clapping his hands. "Imagine how embarrassing it would have ended up if you asked him?" He wiped a few tears away from his plethora of laughing.

Seren rolled her eyes. "Rina is trying to sabotage me over here."

"Shut up, I am not." Her nose wrinkled with her laughs. "Who would have thought he's gay? Anyway, I'm sorry. Again." She apologized for the second time.

Seren laughed, giving in. "It's fine, you're not to blame."

"Don't give up hope, Seren." Jin encouraged her after a transient of invective comments. "You never know, what if the dude was just dazed from how hot you look, and just made a mistake?"

"Yeah, I doubt that." Seren shook her head. "I didn't look too hot on Friday."

"You look great everyday, what're you talking about?" Rina raised a brow, her expression tense.

They were able to joke around with one another, then act as if the insults were never voiced, going back to supporting each other, as always.

"Yeah, even though your a klutz, your lip ring and black hair give you that bad girl look, y'know?" Jin described perfectly, his hands were round like he was sculpting her.

"Thanks, guys." She ultimately shied at their compliments, not being able to take them.

Whenever she was complimented by anyone, her bashful reaction was unavoidable, having trouble finding proper words to use to express her gratitude for their endearing words.

"Alright, I think my table has waited long enough." Rina tapped the table, carrying the two drinks. "I'll be back, guys."

"Don't fall." Jin smirked, clearing his area.

"Seren." A voice interjected promptly.

She turned, seeing her co-worker, Nora. "Hey, Nora. Did you need me to cover your table or something?"

"No, that's okay. I'm just here to let you know this guy wrote his number on the back of the receipt." She handed her the paper. "He asked if I could give it to you."

"Really?" She was stunned, staring at the new number written in oddly beautiful handwriting. "Who was it?"

"I don't know his name, but he had dark brown hair, he was slim and on the tall side." She described him, trying to paint an accurate picture. "Oh, and he had two small dimples."

Hoseok's face instantly deluged her brain, blushing when she envisioned his breathtaking beauty.

"T-Thank you, Nora." Seren choked out through her distended surprise.

She nodded, smiling. "I was gonna throw it away because men always do that. But, he seemed different."

"Different how?" Jin asked, his fist resting against his cheek.

"Oh, he was just very shy, so much so that he forgot to tell me his name." She chuckled thinking about it. "He's very cute, too."

"Thank you, again." Seren laughed, thoroughly content.

"Of course." She grinned, stepping away.

"What did I tell you?" Jin asked, smirking.

"I can't believe he was here?!" Seren was still shocked. "I didn't notice him, did you?"

"I sure didn't." He answered, tapping his fingers together. "Maybe he just didn't want to face you, too shy to talk to you and give it to you directly."

There were people who would probably think what he did was unflattering, preferring them to ask directly rather than using a middleman. Seren believed it was adorable, he was far too skittish to face her again, especially to make a valiant move, and that made her face burst in a red hue.

It was endearing.

"Are you going to hit him up?" Jin asked, watching Seren's blissful face.

She looked up from the number, nodding enthusiastically. "Yup! But, I should wait, right? I don't wanna come off too strong."

Jin grinned, finding her battling thoughts to be humorous. "I say wait till tomorrow, you can come up with what you wanna say for now."

"Right. Tomorrow." Seren uttered, glancing back down at the number.

She was practically jumping out of her chair, wanting to message him immediately, regardless if she had to go to her locker to get her phone.

Joy unfolded in her flaming chest as a beautiful flower would.

Happiness swelled inside her heart, her imploring impatience instructing her to act quickly and text him.

'Good things come to those who wait.' She reminded herself, folding up the receipt to keep it safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.2K 1.1K 16
𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 ~ 𝙖 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙞 𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢. ~𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗮 𝗴𝗼𝗱'𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗻 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗮 𝗴𝗼𝗱'𝘀 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗱~ ~Requests On...
702K 30.2K 80
[THIS IS A SEQUEL] After escaping from your crazy stalker, you lived in peace with your friend for several months until you recieve a certain letter...
113K 4.6K 61
y/n- who are you ???- Your worst nightmare - - - - - y/n- let go he- what if i dont want to y/n- then.....i will kill you...
15.6K 671 34
𝐊𝐚𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐱𝐲𝐠𝐞𝐧. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐫...