Billie Joe Armstrong one shots

By PrivateAIe

-one shots of Billie Joe Armstrong x Reader -03.09.21-Present More

guitars and drums <3
stood up <3
clutzy waitress <3
Better or worse <3
not a confession <3
Maths, glass of water and twos on a cigarette <3
Slow mo drunk <3
FWB <3
smile in a hallway <3
ID please <3
smile in hallway p2!! <3
October, new years eve <3
Bad day ≠ bad life <3
cheaters <3
Walk away <3
Brothers friend <3
you're pretty <3
Rejection <3
Apple smashing <3
Valentines beer <3
Birthday boy <3
A dream <3
HB 2 ME <3
Theater <3
Bright hair <3
Bedroom window <3

Lighter <3

248 9 9
By PrivateAIe

I stood looking around where I was, on the street with a cigarette in my mouth unlit. Trying to find someone who looked as if they would own a lighter.

As much as I was heavily trying not to judge, I didn't think I was ready to ask a person who would respond with no and I'd get all embarrassed. But a lot of people here looked as if they wouldn't smoke. A few who seemed like they'd actually turn their nose at me for even asking.

That was until I'd found someone I was nearly sure would.

I hadn't exactly ever seen him before, but there was a boy slumped up against a wall of a shop. Hands buried deep in his pockets as he looked around.

The boy had bleached blond hair, black jeans, a band shirt of a band I didn't think I'd ever heard of before, his black converse were scuffed just like mine, and I had a feeling in one of those pockets must've been a lighter.

Gathering all the courage I could to try and talk to a boy who looked so rogued as himself, I took a breath making my way over to him. Grabbing his attention as he saw me come his way.

In the California sun that was splashing on his face, his bright green eyes seem to pierce through my confidence as my legs began to go weak.

"Hey- have you erm- you got a lighter I could borrow?" I asked standing in front of him. I showed him my unlit cigarette in one hand. "Kinda forgot mine,"

The corners of his lips lifted to a smile. "That depends,"

"Huh?"

"If you let me bum a fag,"

I felt relief wash off me, nodding. "Sounds like a deal," I told him, reaching into my pocket as I pulled the packet of cigarettes out.

He took a cig out inserting in between his lips before pulling out a lighter. His lighter sparked for a few seconds before he successfully lit his cigarette, tossing the lighter to me as I did the same.

"So what's your name? I haven't seen you around before?" He asked, smoke floating out his mouth as he took the cigarette between his fingers.

I did only come over to use a lighter, but I really wouldn't of minded having a conversation with this guy.

"Probably because I don't tend to leave my room," I chuckled slightly. "I'm y/n. And you're...?"

"Billie Joe," He grinned. "But you could just call me Billie if ya like,"

"Alright then Billie," There was a smile stuck to my face. No matter how badly I wanted to take it off it felt glued. And I blamed Billie for that. "So what were you doing before I came over?"

"What? Slumped on the side of a wall?" He chuckled. "Nothing too important. Maybe just waiting for a girl to come ask me if I had a lighter,"

"You get asked often?"

"I guess. But it's rare I like to steal a cigarette from them,"

"So should I feel complimented or insulted you stole a cigarette from me?"

"I mean you can feel how you like about it," he shrugged taking a drag.

His sentence made me feel like maybe I was bothering him. But I realised thankfully that was wrong after he blew his smoke out and added.

"I just wanted to keep you here with me if I was smoking one of your cigs," He smiled.

I hadn't ever seen this guy around before. But there was something about him I liked.

"So did you not have your own cigarettes or did you just want one of mine to keep me here?" I raised a brow.

"I mean-" He reached back into his pockets for a moment. Before pulling out what looked like a slightly crooked joint. "If this counts?"

I wasn't surprised a guy like him pulled out a joint. I could see it coming.

"Hey- I'll make you a deal," He quickly spoke back up, his voice in realisation of something he was about to say.

"I'm all ears Billie,"

"Since I stole one of your cigarettes, I'll make it up to you if you wanna join me smoking this?"

I grinned, probably larger than I was already. "Are you asking a stranger to get high with you?"

"Well you asked a stranger for a lighter," He beamed back.

"You asked a stranger for a spare cig,"

"Alright. You caught me. I'm asking a stranger to get high with me. If that stranger wants to?"

I think in all honesty if my smile enlarged anymore it would've swallowed the rest of my face. But this guy was so nonchalant and casual it was hard not to keep grinning at him.

"Well this strangers more than happy to,"

He smirked. "Your smile gave that away,"

I rolled my eyes, smile still on my lips obviously. The guy was nothing less of a smart ass, but I happened to enjoy that.

"C'mon then." He smiled, beginning to walk away from where we were both originally standing.

I followed him oblivious to where he was taking me, where this stranger was taking me. Kind of idiotic but that stranger had nice smile and- well and a joint.

I finished off the cigarette I had, I had sort of forgotten about it and the majority of it had burned itself down. "So now it looks like I'm following a stranger then," I chuckled slightly, making conversation.

"You're willingly following a stranger," He corrected with a grin, pointing a finger over to me.

"And where am I even being led to?"

"Well I've got this spot- it's not much don't go getting your hopes up or anything- but it's pretty nice,"

"You get high at a certain spot?"

"Well I can't get high at home," He chuckled slightly as we walked. "God my mom would murder me. So I found a particular spot,"

"Well I'm intrested to see it,"

Billie Joe turned the corner at the end of the road as I followed him like a loose thread on his jacket. Having absolutely no clue where this guy was leading.

For all I know he could be leading me in a forest to murder me. But I'll take my chances.

"So tell me something else about your self, other than you hang around asking for lighters," Billie began as we walked.

I laughed slightly. "I don't always hang around asking people for lighters,"

"Oh really?"

"I normally have my own,"

"And you didn't today because...?"

"I left it back at home," I admitted.

"So something else about you that isn't your forgetfulness?"

"Well, what do you wanna know?"

"Anything," He smiled glancing over at me. "Just ramble about yourself for a second, I'm listening,"

"Oh? Well... I mean, what do you wanna know?"

"You,"

There was no way I was blushing. My cheeks felt as if they were heating up. But, that's just the sun, right? I'd hope so. I don't know anything about this guy other than his fucking name.

"Well sure, but what about me?" I asked after a second.

"Anything. Anything you got. Anything you wanna tell me. I'm all ears,"

"Alright..." I tried to rack my brain up to find the most interesting things about me. But there really was hardly anything. I guess I just wasn't that much of an interesting person. "Well, you already know my name. I dropped out of school not long ago? If that counts as interesting?"

"You did?"

"Uhuh. It was an instinct moment I probably shouldn't have-"

"-Hey," I looked over at him as he put his hands in the air. "I'm not judging,"

"I guess not,"

"Y'know I'm a dropout too," He continued.

My interest sparked. Thinking maybe I and this guy might not have been far from different. "You are?"

"I dropped out a few months ago. There were just other things I wanted to put my time in than school,"

"Like?"

My question made him smile. I assume something he was about to say must've been something he was proud of. So I could only assume it was a better excuse for my 'spur of the moment' dropping out.

We turned to walk along a small grass pathway as he led the way continuing. "It may sound stupid. But I've got this band. I guess I just wanted to put more time into something I was happy with than the bullshit in school,"

"You're really in a band?"

"Sure am,"

"That sounds cool, why would that sound stupid?"

"I d'know," He shrugged his shoulders in front of me. "A lot of people seem to think,"

"Well, I'm not a lot of people Billie Joe. I think it's cool,"

As the pathway ended, and we were led onto a grass field as he walked back beside me, I noticed the small grin he was trying to hide on his lips. "Hey, you're alright,"

Then there it was again. My cheeks burning.

"It's just over here," He pointed.

My eyes followed the direction his finger was pointing towards, spotting a small pond next to a few large rocks. In the middle of a clear field. At the back of the field I assume a forest began where tall trees stood high.

"And this is where you come to smoke weed?"

"Sure is," He smiled.

We made our way down to beside the pond taking a seat on the short grass beside it. I looked towards Billie, wanting to know more about his band. "So your band,"

"Yeah?"

"Does it have a name,"

"Sure does." He beamed, straightening the joint before I watched him place it between his lips searching his pockets for his lighter.

"What is it?"

Finding the lighter. I watched him hold the flame over the joint as it went up in a small fire for a second before he began puffing. He blew out the smoke. "Green Day. You'll never guess what that's based around,"

A laugh snuck out of me as I looked away. "I'm really going to have to think about that one," I joked light heartedly. "The environment?"

"Yeah," He sniggered slightly. Taking a puff. "The environment,"

He passed the joint over my way as I kindly took it. I couldn't even believe I was actually sat somewhere smoking weed with a stranger.

A weirdly charming stranger.

"What do you do in the band?" I asked after a small silent second. I didn't know much about him but I did know I wanted to know more. Whatever More was I was practically gambling at it.

"I play guitar, sing too,"

As I took back a puff, I practically began choking on the smoke as Billie joe looked over at me alarmed.

"You good?" He asked concerned as I finally began catching my breath.

My voice was unsteady as I pushed out a reply. "Yep,"

"Was it the joint?"

"No, no no it's just..." I paused. Thinking how to word it kindly. "I guess I wouldn't take you as the singing type,"

"I'm full of surprises,"

"I can tell," I grinned slightly. "Does your band write its own songs?"

"You're eager aren't you?" He smiled over.

I had that sensation wash over me again where my face was heating up. I prayed by this time it really was the sun. Because if it was this stranger I knew I'd be in for some trouble. "Just trying to get to know you Billie Joe,"

"Yeah, we write our own songs. We preform at Gilman, you know that place?"

Blowing out the smoke successfully this time I already began to beam. "Of course I know that place,"

"You should stop by some time. It'd be nice to see a face like yours in the crowd,"

I didn't know what that meant, but I got the feeling it was flattering. "I just might,"

"We preform every Friday. Around nine. Just Incase you take that might. If you ever wanna stop by,"

For a little while longer. I sat with Billie learning all more about him as he did with me. The joint almost felt like a timer for when we'd have to part. I didn't know if I'd ever bump into a stranger so casual and fun like he was. And I guess I kinda hoped I didn't. Because if it wasn't exactly Billie I don't think I'd of been interested.

And to think, all I had asked for was a lighter. Now looks like a sorta gained a friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 891 14
collection of stories .
192K 6.8K 96
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
526K 8.1K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
204K 9.6K 31
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...